Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Charitable Work for 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:23 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren is donating lunch and 2 tickets to Hedwig and the Angry Inch in Los Angeles or San Francisco.  :happy face 

The proceeds to go to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. 

Such a great idea, Darren!  :happy face

Link to Charity Buzz:  Charity Buzz

Bidding ends Tuesday, September 27 at 3:00 pm EDT.

32default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren is particpating in Global Citizen, an organization devoted to global issues such as world poverty, access to education, clean water, access to food, the treatment of women, health issues, and the environment.   Link to GlobalCitizen.org

@joymarini The multi-super-talented @DarrenCriss opens the @GlblCtzn launch. Go @HedwigOnBway #TheCaringWorld
September 22, 2016

LQ | Actor Darren Criss speaks onstage during Global Citizen The World On Stage at NYU Skirball Center on September 22 2016 in New York City

Kelvin Mahasi My good friend @DarrenCriss was also here. It was nice catching up on some good old times. #globalcitizen
September 22 2016

LQ | Actor Darren Criss poses with the Kenyan Boys Choir at Global Citizen The World On Stage on September 22 2016 in New York City
80 notes
September 22 2016

LQ | Actor Darren Criss attends Global Citizen The World On Stage on September 22 2016 in New York City

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

33default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:39 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Via Global Citizen’s Snapchat - September 22, 2016

wekesahw #aboutlastnight W/ my old time buddy @darrencriss.. Always good meeting you up..! #globalcitizen #globaldancefestival

Pic with  fans and their nice message:

beamer98 Fun fact: my family invited him to go get dinner with us  Thank you @darrencriss for being so nice and genuine. I’ve never seen Paige so star struck  Thanks for being a @glblctzn and supporting the cause!  #globalcitizen #glee #newyork

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

34default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren is looking rested.  thumbs up  

dailydarrennews:
HQ | Actor Darren Criss attends the 2016 Global Citizen Festival In Central Park To End Extreme Poverty By 2030 at Central Park - September 24, 2016 | Darren-Criss.Fr
September 24 2016   (Source)

Darren at the Global Citizen Festival - Via Global Citizen’s Instagram story | September 24, 2016
September 24 2016

Yea!  Darren has his Hedwig nail polish back on!      

Global Citizen Festival - September 24, 2016 | Source
September 24 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total

35default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Nice message, Darren (especially this year in the U.S.). 

From dailydarrennews:

Darren Criss - Red Carpet GC 2016 | September 24, 2016

36default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Global Citizen Festival - Via Elle Magazine’s Instagram Story | September 24, 2016

September 26 2016
dailydarrennews

37default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:17 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Some more pics of Darren with fans at Global Citizen that I didn't get to posting until today.

A new photo, with Kal Penn and fan.  Cute smile from Darren.  :happy face

Sarah.A.Harvard: Just me, Darren Criss (Glee), and Kal Penn (Harold and Kumar) just chillin. NDB
September 26 2016

Photo with his friend, Caitlin Brody.

cbroday: Ain’t no party like a party that ends at 10pm (and is jam-packed with Demi, Kendrick, Rihanna, and a whole lot of doing good). @glblctzn
September 25 2016

joliz: He is a cupcake of a person I swear. So incredibly sweet
September 25 2016

In that video that dailydarrennews posted where Darren talks about Global Citizen, it seems that the short hair makes his eyes appear larger. wha?

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total

38default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
The Charity Buzz  auction of lunch with Darren and 2 tickets to Hedwig and the Angry Inch in L.A. or SF closed today, at $5,250 (above the $5,000 estimated value).  :happy face

@Poppy wrote:
From dailydarrennews:

Darren is donating lunch and 2 tickets to Hedwig and the Angry Inch in Los Angeles or San Francisco.   

The proceeds to go to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. 

Such a great idea, Darren! 

Link to Charity Buzz:  Charity Buzz

Bidding ends Tuesday, September 27 at 3:00 pm EDT.

I took a screenshot of it just before the time ran out.  

-

39default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:45 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

A pic of Darren with a happy fan.  I'm posting because I like the cute, gushy message (with the many hearts).

im.tiaaa: MY FAVORITE PERSON  heart @darrencriss It such an honor to be in your presence #globalcitizenfestival #globalcitizen You are an amazing person heart heart

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

40default From Broadway with Love on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:  
Orlando Sentinel wrote:

CD, DVD and Blu-ray of 'From Broadway With Love' Pulse benefit in Orlando to be released December 16

Back in July, a galaxy's worth of Broadway stars descended on Orlando to help the community heal and raise funds in the aftermath of the mass shooting at Pulse nightclub.

"From Broadway With Love: A Benefit Concert for Orlando," which took place at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, sold out in record time — leaving many disappointed.

Good news for them: Broadway Records this month is releasing a CD, DVD and Blu-ray of the event.

. . . Other performers include Chita Rivera, Lillias White, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Darren Criss and Jesse Mueller. Our own VarieTease, Orlando Philharmonic and Orlando Gay Chorus's Menage ensemble also participated.

Broadway Records president Van Dean says the release is planned for Dec. 16. But you can pre-order at broadwayrecords.com/cds, and the items should be shipped in time for Christmas.

You can feel good knowing that not only will "From Broadway With Love" be a present for whoever unwraps it, but it's also a gift to the community. Net proceeds will be donated to the GLBT Community Center of Central Florida, the Hope and Help Center of Central Florida and Zebra Coalition.

Link to Purchase:  http://www.broadwayrecords.com/cds/from-broadway-with-love-a-benefit-concert-for-orlando-cd-dvd-bluray

From Darren Criss Army:

http://www.broadwayrecords.com/shop/vy3v6qk6hv4hhbk3gnlf7yp39xk9y9
via DarrenCrissArmy

41default Re: Darren's Charitable Work for 2016 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:10 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From DarrenCrissArmy:

From Broadway with Love is now available on CD/DVD/BluRay from Broadway Records

Link:  http://www.broadwayrecords.com/cds/from-broadway-with-love-a-benefit-concert-for-orlando-cd-dvd-bluray

Price:  $29.95
Proceeds benefit:  The GLBT Community Center of Central Florida, Hope and Help Center of Central Florida and Zebra Coalition.
via DarrenCrissArmy

Also available on iTunes!

# Repost broadwayrecords 

Now available on iTunes!   http://ift.tt/2i0QVVe
via DarrenCrissArmy

42default From Broadway With Love on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:03 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From Broadway with Love (Benefit concert for Orlando).  July 25, 2016.

Norbert Leo Butz has a fantastic voice!  And he's fun to watch perform.  I also really enjoy how much Darren loves to move to music--he is simultaneously graceful and ebullient--the kind of performer who often steals focus (without trying).  :happy face  Idea:  Let's give him a TV show so we can both listen to his warm voice and watch his fun dancing!  Idea :fingers crossed

MichaelJMoritz   Happy Friday! Conducting @NorbertLButz @LizGoesOn @DarrenCriss & @JustinMSargent #BroadwayforOrlando #loveislove
[originally performed July 25th, 2016 ]

via dcriss-archive

Here is the longer YouTube Video from Michael J. Moritz:

"Sing a Song" -Norbert Leo Butz (From Broadway With Love)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum