Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome Everyone!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi dusty! 

dusty wrote:Yes, I saw the Harry Potter m,usical after discovering him on Glee. I'm a huge Potter fan (even embarrassingly queued up for the last Potter book at midnight when it first came out! To be fair I was heading home from the pub and spotted the queue outside a bookshop and hearing they were waiting for the new Potter book, I just had to join in!)

ANyways, thought the Starkid musical was fun, great music, but rough around the edges, though charmingly so. It is pretty impressive what they have managed to achieve of the back of that. It completely took on a life of its own.

Aw, that's so cool that you are a huge Harry Potter fan!   I love that.  My husband also is a big Harry Potter fan.  ha!  And there's no shame in being passionate about such a beloved story and its characters.   :happy face 

I didn't know about StarKid either until after I saw Darren on Glee.  I agree, their work is a little rough around the edges, but filled to the brim with charm.  I love their positivity and their friendship with each other.  Just like Glee and Harry Potter, it feels like there is a community of fans around StarKids and their performances.  The StarKid projects, especially AVPM, really did seem to take a life of their own.  It's quite impressive.  I've read fans accounts, saying how much StarKids have helped them get through some rough times in their lives, by giving them moments of smiles and laughter.  That is invaluable. 

dusty wrote:I'm sorry to hear you went through a tough time. Glad you're out of it now. I have heard a lot of people say DC has been helping them through tough times. I guess it is because he seems to have such a positive influence. Though it's currently not working its charm on these grey London skies. It's chucking it down here.

Aw, thanks dusty.   And yes, I do think Darren's positive outlook helps people get through tough times.   He's so kind, warm, supportive and optimistic.   People really appreciate that.    I remember reading or watching one of Darren's interviews.  I don't remember if it was one of the occasions when some guests connected with Make-A-Wish visited the Glee set and met with some of the cast, or whether it had to do with Musicians on Call.  But I remember someone commenting that it's not an easy situation, and Darren responded that yes, but he just focuses on trying to make the fans smile and enjoy themselves.   That's a giving perspective, from a kind heart. 

I know I've read about fans saying his music as well has helped them, especially "Not Alone." 

dusty wrote:I hope you are right about that elusive album. I love his voice and have been waiting pretty (im)patiently for it! He really does have a knack for composing. I remember reading a fan report from someone who met him during season three (think it was at the filming of the Ben scene) and she told her that she was singing Coolest Girl at some talent show competition or whatever it was, and he was chuffed and told her that that is where his heart truly lies or something to that effect. Can't recall the precise wording. But that passion does show. I also think he has shown progress from the starkid stuff to This Time. Imagine if he got to compose a Disney musical? Poor boy would explode! Speaking of musicals, I was so impressed with his Hedwig recordings. I was hesitant when he first got the role, as I wasn't sure he could pull of the rock. I mean some of those songs are almost raw punk. But boy did he deliver! On a personal note, I was delighted as I love the rock/punk genre, almost got my hopes up he'd might move more iin that direction on his album!  Lol!

You just need to believe, dusty!    ha!  "I . . .have been waiting pretty (im)patiently for it!"    :amused   I remember reading that too, dusty, about that comment from Darren about composing.    I agree, his passion does show in his songs.  I think he's quite good at it.    "This Time" was beautifully done!   Was so proud of him for writing such a wonderful, touching song.  

Geez if he was able to compose a Disney musical?!!  Darren's mind and heart would combust, like you said!   Razz  

I agree about the rock songs in Hedwig.  I wasn't sure how well he would be able to pull them off.  But boy, did he show us!   So much angst and energy.   "Exquisite Corpse" in particular is full of so much despair and rage.    If you love the rock/punk genre, I can see how you would love some of the songs from Hedwig and the Angry Inch.   And I can see why you would like him to move more in that direction for his album.    I would like him to do some rock/punk on his album too.  :fingers crossed

dusty wrote:Poppy, speaking of his live performances....I was lucky enough to see Darren live when he held a concert here in London after the Glee tour. Maybe I should have put that on my list of favourite Darren projects. he was pretty mesmerising and totally held the entire crowd. I was also struck by how much power he had in his voice. I was used to him singing these soft pop songs on Glee and here he was belting! That was the concert btw where the crowd sang Darren instead of Sami. It was pretty touching. Basically whilst we were all queuing up to get into the gig these two girls went down the entire crowd asking everyone to sing Darren instead of Sami in the song. And by the sound of it the entire crowd obliged! It was pretty cool. The sap that I am, I got a lump in my throat. It must have been pretty cool for him to have an entire crowd in a foreign country showing their appreciation like that.

Wow, this is a nice concert review, dusty.  Thanks so much for sharing.  I've never seen him in a concert doing his own music.   So cool to hear your thoughts about how he was mesmerizing, and that he was able to completely capture the audience's attention.   I've read that before from others.  Also nice to hear about his belting.    I remember seeing videos of the crowd singing along and replacing "Sami" with "Darren."   Aw, you got a lump in your throat.  I can only imagine how he felt, to see this group of fans doing that for him.  :cry

22default Someone needing help with registration? on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hello.

I received a message that someone was trying to register with the forum.   Welcome!   I hope you are able to read this message. 

For some reason, it does not seem your registration is complete.   Are you having any issues with registration?  

You should be sent an email and you may activate your membership by clicking  on the link. 

You may click on  "Contact" on the bottom right area of the Home Page if you need to ask me for some help.

I look forward to seeing you complete registration and chatting with you on this forum!   Take care and hope to talk to you soon!

-Poppy 

23default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:26 am

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
I write this here because it could be interesting for new members. I think about changing my avatar. Can you suggest me a place where I can find a large collection of Blaine/Darren avatars ?

24default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:26 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi Jeremy.  I will try to research, but for now there is that site, somanyicons.  If anyone knows other sites, can you please share?  Thank you!

Here is the site that I know of:  somanyicons

25default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:17 am

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
Thank you for your answer :amused

26default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:38 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
You are welcome, Jeremy.  I like your new avatar of Blaine looking all dapper (although I also liked your old avatar of Blaine confusing a bush for a bear  :amused ).  

I did find a couple more sites, but they had not updated any avatars for a while.  somanyicons   has more recent avatars.  It looks like they possibly may take requests too.

Lin, Lilikoiluv, and dusty, do you know any other sites that people can go to for an avatar?

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

27default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:48 am

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
I think websites that haven't been updated for a while are interesting too.

28default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
The only problem was when I tried to load a few of them as my avatar, for some reason, they kept getting rejected by this site as corrupted images.  So I decided best to not use them.

29default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:27 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi otter nonsense!

I sent you a PM.  :happy face

To open up a PM that was sent to you:

Click on "Notifications," which is in the top right corner (to the right of "Welcome [Your Name]").    You will see if you have any messages.   Or as another option, you can go to the blue Tool Bar (under the pic of Darren on the Home Page).   On the right side of the Tool Bar (just left of "Log in/Log out"), you will see if you have any "Messages."

Hope you are doing well, and that you like it here in this little forum.  :hello

30default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:57 am

Lilikoiluv

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Welcome otter nonsense!  

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and  you *hopefully* squeeing with us as we enjoy and admire the many wonderful shenanigans of Mr. Darren Criss!

31default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:36 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Just wanted to say hello to our new member, tekobenicio! 

I hope you like it on this little forum, tekobenicio!

Reading this thread may be helpful to you:  Some General Instructions of How to Use This Site

Please PM (private message) me if you have any questions.  :happy face

Here are instructions of how to PM someone:

Private Messages

To check if you have any Private Messages sent to you, click on "Notifications," which is in the top right corner (to the right of "Welcome [Your Name]").    You will see if you have any messages.   Or as another option, you can go to the blue Tool Bar (under the pic of Darren on the Home Page).   On the right side of the Tool Bar (just left of "Log in/Log out"), you will see if you have any "Messages."

To send messages to someone else, you may go to the blue Tool Bar (which is under the pic of Darren on the Home Page) and click on "Memberlist."     Look for the member who you want to send a PM to.  To the right of that member's name is the column for "PM."  Click on the PM icon.  Another option is if the member who you want to send a PM to, has posted in a Topic/thread, you will see the "PM" icon under her name in her Profile (to the left of her post).     After you finished drafting your PM and hit "Send" to your PM to someone, to see your PM that you just sent, click on "Check here to return to your inbox," then select "Outbox."

Note:  If you click on your messages on the light blue Toolbar (right under Darren's pic on the Home Page), you will see that you have an Inbox, SentBox, Outbox, and Savebox.  The Outbox indicates messages that you sent to others, which have not been read yet.  Once the messages you sent are read by others, those messages would go to your SentBox.

Again, Welcome!  So glad you decided to join us in our discussion of Darren.    It should be fun to talk about Versace!

Photo Credit: narmdaddy

32default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi Mattio70 :hello welcome sunny

Welcome to our little forum!  So cool to have a couple of new members!

I hope you like it on this little forum, Mattio70!  Everyone here is friendly, so please feel free to post your comments.  :happy face

Reading this thread may be helpful to you:  Some General Instructions of How to Use This Site

Please PM (private message) me if you have any questions. 

Here are instructions of how to PM someone:

Private Messages

To check if you have any Private Messages sent to you, click on "Notifications," which is in the top right corner (to the right of "Welcome [Your Name]").    You will see if you have any messages.   Or as another option, you can go to the blue Tool Bar (under the pic of Darren on the Home Page).   On the right side of the Tool Bar (just left of "Log in/Log out"), you will see if you have any "Messages."

To send messages to someone else, you may go to the blue Tool Bar (which is under the pic of Darren on the Home Page) and click on "Memberlist."     Look for the member who you want to send a PM to.  To the right of that member's name is the column for "PM."  Click on the PM icon.  Another option is if the member who you want to send a PM to, has posted in a Topic/thread, you will see the "PM" icon under her name in her Profile (to the left of her post).     After you finished drafting your PM and hit "Send" to your PM to someone, to see your PM that you just sent, click on "Check here to return to your inbox," then select "Outbox."

Note:  If you click on your messages on the light blue Toolbar (right under Darren's pic on the Home Page), you will see that you have an Inbox, SentBox, Outbox, and Savebox.  The Outbox indicates messages that you sent to others, which have not been read yet.  Once the messages you sent are read by others, those messages would go to your SentBox.

Again, Welcome!  So glad you decided to join us in our discussion of Darren.    It should be fun to talk about Versace

--Poppy

33default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:53 am

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
Welcome to the new members :happy face

34default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 pm

DaisiesAndLilies

General Member
General Member

35default Re: Welcome Everyone! on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
haha!  Omg, DaisiesAndLilies, Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters!  I love that film!

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum