Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fan Experiences During 2016

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

FRom dailydarrennnews:

It's true what this fan says.  You don't need the sound on, you don't need to hear the words being said, because it's clear just watching him in action, how Darren tries to engage with his fans.  :happy face

zoerenee0: No sound because there is no need to hear the screaming and giddiness that was all around me, but he was so sweet, I’m very glad I waited to meet him  heart thanks for being so eager to hold conversations with each person there! @darrencriss #hedwigonbroadway #sfo #hedwigandtheangryinch #headwig

October 19 2016
dailydarrennews

32Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:17 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure where to put these comments from folks who met him at St. Ignatius.  Feel free Lilikoiluv, to copy and place them in one of the Hedwig threads (or anywhere else) if you feel they belong there.  :happy face

From DarrenCrissArmy:

Cute comments from a teacher.  StarKid fan, I presume.  :amused  Am eager to hear what advice Darren gave.  
Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofc5n53zmk1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost j.o.o.l.i.a.b_ 

You guys, I met Harry Freaking Potter. I was shaking and a bit embarrassed but ITS HARRY FREAKING POTTER. #aka #darrencriss #avpm #myschoolisincredible #thanksfortakingapicwithme #eventhoyoowashellatiredandtrynaleave #usedmyteacherprivilegestomeethim #honestlydyingabit

Seriously tho this dude gave some killer advice tonight at my school of which I’m thankful many of my students got to hear. Also, I’m literally a loser for freaking out when he called himself Harry Freaking Potter but like bruh #blessedaf http://ift.tt/2dC5HSF

This is sweet.  She didn't even know who Darren is, but was impressed with his kindness.

Wow, Darren impressed the hell out of these folks, with his kindness.  Not a surprise at all!

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

33Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:22 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This sounds like this is about Darren being his usual sweet, giving self with fans at stagedoor.

34Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Another St. Ignatius friend/alum, who did musicals and choir together with Darren.  So sweet to see him reunited with his old friends.

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofcrmkqF7n1uetdyxo1_500
reezepeeze: #tbt to yesterday. From being in SI musicals & choir together to now being artists in the entertainment industry. Mom, dad– The kids are alright.  credit made possible by @tinrannosaurus #Amdg #wearesi #glee #hedwig #counselorcenterkids #entertainment #music #acting #idoitforthewine #ignatian #artists

35Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:15 pm

Lilikoiluv wrote:
Poppy wrote: I didn't listen to the video carefully the first time, and I didn't realize that he was the one to initiate speaking Japanese to her.   She must have been so happy to hear him speak Japanese to her, knowing the special effort he was making to communicate with her.
I had mentioned that in my first attempt that got deleted then forgot to include my comment in the rewrite!  Yes, I found it both adorable and funny that Darren spoke in Japanese first--asking a Japanese fan if she understood Japanese.  lol. 
I agree--I think she must have been so tickled to have been able to converse with Darren in Japanese for a bit! How awesome it that! 

The fact that he can speak so many languages, even if it's just a few words or phrases, is SUCH an awesome way to make a connection with fans in these short interactions.
(I think this hasn't been posted?) Here he is speaking some German - made me smile even just watching the video.

onlydeathwillpartusnow:
This is the video of Darren snatching my phone and talking in German and just being a cutie… 
Hedwig Stage Door 10/18/2016 - 8pm show

[wie gehts = how are you
danke schön = thank you (very much)
tschüss = bye
mein Deutsch ist schlecht = my German is bad]

36Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:32 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:
The fact that he can speak so many languages, even if it's just a few words or phrases, is SUCH an awesome way to make a connection with fans in these short interactions.
(I think this hasn't been posted?) Here he is speaking some German - made me smile even just watching the video.

I agree with you completely, Lin!  It is such a wonderful way for Darren to connect with his fans.  I love how much effort he puts into engaging with his fans.  Thanks so much for posting that cute video (and for posting the translation below!).  Those fans seemed really thrilled to hear him speak Germain.  Very sweet!

From dailydarrennews:

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofer4eWVug1uetdyxo1_500
matificara    the most genuine human being!! thank you so much to my favorite person.  love love love talking with you :')

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofdwi4dFbc1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost ahochhal

Met #darrencriss tonight after seeing the awesome musical #hedwigandtheangryinch. What an awesome dude, taking time to talk to everyone who waited for a sighting.  :heart eyes http://ift.tt/2ez9q1f
via DarrenCrissArmy

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_offqq9mK0T1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost nancypisa

Thank you so much for a great show #darrencriss!! Thanks for taking the time to meet so many of us at the stage door after the show too . #shnsf #hedwigshn http://ift.tt/2dWX4Qm
via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

37Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

It's sweet of Darren to be supportive of fellow artists.  :happy face
Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofg1kbfB7p1uetdyxo8_1280
@mati_ficara  DARREN CRISS TOLD ME GOOD LUCK AT ART SCHOOL SO IF U HAVE EVER TOLD ME ART SCHOOL IS UNREALISTIC THERES RHE DOOR!!!

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofg1kbfB7p1uetdyxo9_1280
 matificara  never been more self assured that i'm in the right place doing what i love.  always grateful for this guy to remind of that.

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

38Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

It's really admirable how much Darren attempts to connect with each of his fans.  You can tell the fans just love this and appreciate his efforts so much. I especially liked how he gave some advice to the guy who wanted to go to U of Michigan. I wonder if the person whose name is Ashley, who said Darren is her favorite of all the Hedwigs she has seen and who said that she saw him in Hedwig on Broadway is Ashley Riela (@VanillaRiela)?  (I posted a couple of Ashley Riela's tweets in the Hedwig Tour here: Fan Reviews (Post 46).  Some of her comments are also in the Fan Reviews for Hedwig on Broadway too, click Here (Post 28)).  Interesting that Darren said he preferred the SF show a little more because they made the show a little tighter.

I like how the security guard in the background is trying not to smile.  But he fails.  :amused

chatterboxrose:

This is a long one, but I started to record him when he was a few people ahead of me. Just love how personal he is with everyone out there. So happy I was able to string a few sentences together! And that “swag” was a few pins on my jacket - a Hedwig one and another from Listen Up Tour. I’m just so shocked and how amazing this was. Still freaking out. Best birthday ever for sure! (And shout out to my birthday twin in this video, minus four years! Hope you get to do some drinking for your 21st tomorrow.)

Posted October 21, 2016
dailydarrennews

This person who posted the video also tweeted this:

(from dailydarrennews:)

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofgmn8KxZH1uetdyxo2_1280
Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofgmn8KxZH1uetdyxo4_1280
@ChatterboxRose  He's beauty and he's grace.

Here's a pic of Darren being kind to the guy who said he wanted to go to U of Michigan.
Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofgmn8KxZH1uetdyxo1_1280
Source

Cute pics and nice message.
Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofgntuVPGx1uetdyxo2_1280

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofgntuVPGx1uetdyxo1_1280
Anthya Flores: Darren Criss!!! A real talented Artist and a great person!

Darren spends almost the same amount of time with fans at stage door, as he does doing the Hedwig show, depending on how big the crowd is at stage door on any particular night. 

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

39Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:41 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

This is a sweet story:

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofdz0mg4wD1r0swn1o1_500
nachochang:
nachochang wrote:We waited for Darren at the stage door and when he got to us, he saw my bag and asked if he could sign it.
When my mom told him that we were looking forward to his next project, his eyes lit up and he exclaims, “That’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever said. Come here,” and he scoops my mom up in a hug and kisses her cheek!!  heart
via mysecretfandomgarden

From dailydarrennews:

The message of this fan about her aunt and Darren is moving.

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofjfmiEHDD1uetdyxo2_250  Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofjfmiEHDD1uetdyxo3_250

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofjfmiEHDD1uetdyxo4_250  Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofjfmiEHDD1uetdyxo5_250

@AsherKashani    @DarrenCriss thank you for taking the time to actually talk to my aunt even though she's hard to understand. it made her day (and mine!)

This is a cute video.  The parents in the video seemed happy to meet Darren too.  I liked how he thanked the parents (although the "F" word was a bit risky to use in front of parents, but hey, it's Darren. :amused )

Jaeda:~) ‏@jaedaaaaa I can’t believe we met @darrencriss !!
via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 pm; edited 4 times in total

40Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:40 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From daily darren news

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofo11kQ9eL1uetdyxo4_1280
@Christie_N83   @DarrenCriss thanks for making my birthday awesome!!! #bestshowever

lena_randall: So yeah Darren Criss is also a talented cameraman. I just wish I told him how much I appreciated the work he put into his performance and giving out such positive vibes even after the show for everybody who comes to see him. Love this guy  #hedwig #hedwigandtheangryinch #sanfransisco #darrencriss #darrencrissisperfection

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 8 times in total

41Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:53 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofomm29wtA1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost anachronisticsiren

Darren loved my makeup, gave me a hug, and took my phone to take a picture of us. He is seriously the sweetest person ever, he talked to each and every person that had waited for him. It was such a pleasure to see him perform and to meet him after the show heart

#HedwigAndTheAngryInch #hedwigmusical #shnsf #darrencriss #lenahall #meetandgreet #musicaltheatre #musicals #theatre #hedhead #goldengatetheatre #stagedoor #hedwig http://ift.tt/2eT9b1e

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

42Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Lin wrote:The fact that he can speak so many languages, even if it's just a few words or phrases, is SUCH an awesome way to make a connection with fans in these short interactions.

onlydeathwillpartusnow:
This is the video of Darren snatching my phone and talking in German and just being a cutie… 
Hedwig Stage Door 10/18/2016 - 8pm show

[wie gehts = how are you
danke schön = thank you (very much)
tschüss = bye
mein Deutsch ist schlecht = my German is bad]

Thanks so much for posting this and the translation, Lin! I agree. Making the effort to speak even a few words/phrases in a fan's native language is such an awesome thing for Darren to do to connect with fans.  He's such a sweetie in his sincere efforts to connect with people he meets.  :love 

At the St. Ignatius event, he mentioned that taking 4 years of Latin in high school may seem rather archaic, but that it has really stood him well in picking up/learning new languages, especially Italian.

Lin, what is your impression of Darren's German? 
Also, what do you think of Hedwig's accent as she speaks English?  I realize that Hedwig has been in America for many years when the story takes place, but would I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

I LOVE everything about this particular thread!  So much joy and happiness!   :love thumbs up

43Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:37 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Reading/watching Darren being so kind and giving to his fans gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?  heart

And I love that Darren knows Latin and uses it in terms of speaking other languages.  So Cool!

44Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:30 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From DarrenCrissArmy:

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_oft9hfH50R1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost ivymelrose

For the first time in my life, I confessed my love for a man. Told him how his first tour 3 years ago was my first concert ever and how my life has changed since then. Also how I supported him as Prince Eric out in LA and came back to support his hometown run of #hedwigonbway here in SF. From falling in love with him on TV as Blaine Anderson to #darrencriss himself on and off the stage… my heart could not be any more full.  http://ift.tt/2f2yQVb
DarrenCrissArmy

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofsqerkVSG1qlbe4wo1_1280
yanks02:
Look at this adorable picture. He’s signing my glasses that I caught last night and when I told him this was my 15th show of this run, he put his head on my shoulder and laughed and said “oh my god thank you for coming back” *squeaks* (at Hedwig and the Angry Inch at SHN Golden Gate Theatre)
DarrenCrissArmy

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_oft9j4Z9nk1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost jimmay_83
Finally went to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch #shnsf then stalked #darrencriss outside the theatre, he’s super nice and pretty #dreamy #anothercelebrity #darrencriss #hedwigandtheangryinch #glee #blaineanderson #warblers #celebritystalking #sf #shn #goldengatetheatre #sanfrancisco http://ift.tt/2f2yCNU
DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

45Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:39 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From darrencrissarmy

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofulm7ftd31ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost actuallyborns
I just met Darren Criss and he held my face and told me to never stop believing in my dreams #coolimdead http://ift.tt/2eaecEY
DarrenCrissArmy

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofumaexJ511ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost adorkableallie
I’m so incredibly amazed right now. I remember watching this man in a silly YouTube comedy 7 years ago, and I was blown away by his talent. I never would have dreamed that I’d be standing next to him one day, utterly humbled not only by that talent, but also by his patience and generosity. Thank you for the conversation, the autograph, and most importantly, the hug. I’m so happy to see you so successful. Have an amazing closing show tomorrow.
#darrencriss http://ift.tt/2dSgNFf
DarrenCrissArmy

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofumkbEIPz1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost  asmalicia
This guy is just the best!!! AND he happens to be one of the nicest, funniest, coolest and most talented people I’ve ever been fortunate enough to work with.
Go see him in absolutely anything you can and especially Hedwig!!! http://ift.tt/2enlRxo
DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews:
Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_oftmqkS0Z81uetdyxo1_250  Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_oftmqkS0Z81uetdyxo3_250
@LauraT87   Such a lovely day with some of my favourite people!! This guy makes me smile! So talented! Hedwig was amazing!

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

46Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:57 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

For some reason, this lovely video that I found on dailydarrennews was doing something to the code on this forum.  The code of the videos on dailydarrennews lately have a different appearance.  It's harder to figure what code to copy, and if you copy too much, it affects the code on this forum.   Let's see if this time, I copied just the right part. Hopefully, it works without affecting the forum's  code.

This is the kindest, sweetest . . . He is so genuinely caring.  So touching.  

@holdingdaylight: and you can’t break a pinky promise. thank you @DarrenCriss
October 29 2016
dailydarrennews

Note:  Second time's the charm.  There does not seem to be any affect of the video on the forum.  Yea!

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

47Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:05 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofumdfSsGt1u17r8co1_500
ancientgleek-youngatheart:
This is what makes waiting at stage door so worth it — he interacts so genuinely with his fans.
October 30 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofv5luUrb91uetdyxo5_1280
@hilokaley   Finally met my idol @DarrenCriss and omg he was so lovely. I'm still on cloud nine!

From Darren Criss Army:

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofw2wyrfqm1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost reischrda

#darrencriss was amazing last night as Hedwig in #hedwigandtheangryinch. Turns out he is a super nice guy too! Here he is being surprised by Karsten using his long arm as a selfie stick. http://ift.tt/2eKw2iw

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

48Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:03 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvt18orA61ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost marianacosta159

It was so amazing meeting #darrencriss after the show!! He was so nice and took the time to talk to each and every person that waited at the stage door heart #hedwigandtheangryinch #goldengatetheatre #stagedoor http://ift.tt/2f2f3qH
via DarrenCrissArmy

A few pics from a Halloween event:

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvm3bARwt1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost brandino135

Had the opportunity to meet a native/celebrity from SF last night, Darren Criss!! #darrencriss Such an incredible human. #glee #halloween #sf #darrencriss http://ift.tt/2fu1CCe
via DarrenCrissArmy

Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofw448JYyf1ubd9qxo1_1280

# Repost trag324
Met #darrencriss at Ghost Ship last night!  By far the most humble person! Actually showed interest and didn’t mind talking for a bit! #darrencriss #hedwigandtheangryinch #ghostshipsf #ghostshipatlantis #pier22 #ghostship2016 #blueeyes http://ift.tt/2f7v4tQ

haha!  "Halloween Dream."  :amused
Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofxm8hFqrm1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost toddr217

You make me feel like I’m living a #halloween dream. #Ghostship2016

#darrencriss http://ift.tt/2dWhAVk
via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

49Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:27 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

It's a bit off-topic but I think it's funny that a sweet guy like Darren has a fan website called Darren Criss Army :amused

50Fan Experiences During 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Fan Experiences During 2016 Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha!  :big grin   But it's a friendly army.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum