Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:34 am

dusty001


Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
@Poppy wrote:Hi dusty,

dusty wrote:
Those are some of my faves as well! 

I love Game of Thrones, Orange is the new black (although I missed all of last season!) and I've gotten really into the 100 recently. Murphy and Lexa are my favourites there. I also watch Gotham. 

[. . .]

Jeremy, I'm really excited about Twin Peaks too. Loved the original series and the weirdness of it. It shall be interesting to see how they are going to go about it now. I'll have to dig the box set out to catch up on all the characters! Lol!

I'm also excited about a BBC series called Taboo coming out this autumn I think. It's got Tom Hardy in it (whom I love) so I'll definitely be watching that!

It looks like we have some overlap in terms of TV shows.  applause 

So a suggestion:  Please list TV shows you watch that you would want in a separate Topic/Thread of its own, and I can do a poll where people can vote on which TV shows they would like a separate thread for.   It makes sense that in order to do a new thread of its own for a TV show, at least two people here watch it. 

I could also create a new Topic/thread that is a a kind of "catch-all" of miscellaneous TV shows, the ones that folks are not real passionate about and will sporadically talk about.  So there may be some threads for specific TV shows which at least two people here watch, as well as a thread for Miscellaneous TV shows (a "catch-all" for various TV shows).


For Me: 

--TV Shows I would discuss in one thread for Miscellaneous TV Shows (so a "catch-all" thread for TV shows in general), since I'm not really passionate about these shows:  Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin, Modern Family, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Supergirl

--TV Shows I would want to discuss in a separate Topic/thread of its own:  The Flash

dusty wrote:I'd love Darren to star on another TV show. Thought he was great on AHS.

He was good in it!   He played an obnoxious, rude person well.    :amused   And yes, I would love for Darren to be on another TV show, maybe one with a short season, or as a guest star. 

BTW, I'll create a separate Topic/thread for SQ if Darren is on it, and any other TV show that Darren is in in this Category/Topic:  Darren's TV Projects for 2016

dusty wrote:
Jeremy, I'm really excited about Twin Peaks too. Loved the original series and the weirdness of it. It shall be interesting to see how they are going to go about it now. I'll have to dig the box set out to catch up on all the characters! Lol!

I'll give  Twin Peaks a try too.  I have to re-watch the original first 2 seasons, because it's been a while.  I'm not sure how passionate I will be about the new season 3 until I see it, but we can always add a separate Topic/Thread for Twin Peaks later if at least 2 people want that.


dusty wrote:I'm also excited about a BBC series called Taboo coming out this autumn I think. It's got Tom Hardy in it (whom I love) so I'll definitely be watching that!

Anyone else here a Tom Hardy fan?  dusty, can you tell us a little about the plot of Taboo and when it's coming out (U.K?  U.S.?)


Yes, he was great in AHS. I'd like him to play a villain once.



Taboo is about an adventurer (Hardy) who returns to Britain with stolen diamonds upon his father's death. He takes over his dad's shipping business and gets embroiled in drama regarding the East India Company. It's a mini series and looking at the trailer and the pictures it looks very dark and mysterious. It is set in the 1800s.

There are conflicting reports as to when it is being shown, some reports say this autumn others next year, so I don't know. It is written by Stephen Knight who writes Peaky Blinders and was developed from an idea by Hardy and his dad. There are lots of Game of Thrones actors in it and the german actress from Run Lola Run (one of my favourite films) is in it as well.

22default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:38 am

dusty001


Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
@Lin wrote:
@Poppy wrote: But the violence issue will definitely make it something that I couldn't watch.   It's too bad I have that issue, because it eliminates so many films and  TV shows.  But oh well.  That's just how I am.  I don't know
For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of all the excessive violence on TV/film either, I've just become desensitised to it. I understand that violence is part of the narrative for some stories, and that's fine, but unless it's a genre like horror, I often don't see the point of being so graphic/gory about it. Something that's always been ridiculous and baffling to me about American TV is that shows like Breaking Bad can have incredibly violent scenes, but have to edit out swearwords.

Oh, I also like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but I haven't caught up on the latest season.

dusty wrote:I've gotten really into the 100 recently. Murphy and Lexa are my favourites there.
My favourite is Raven, but Lexa definitely had some of the best moments last season and Murphy turned into such a fun character!


Raven is pretty cool! She's pretty sassy! Yes, Lexa is such a badass and my bb MoodyMurphy has the best lines! His journey has been so well done. Love his little romance with Emori. Who would have seen that coming?!

23default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:40 am

dusty001


Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
@*Jeremy* wrote:
@Poppy wrote:Please list TV shows you watch that you would want in a separate Topic/Thread of its own, and I can do a poll where people can vote on which TV shows they would like a separate thread for.

Scream Queens, The Big Bang Theory, Pretty Little Liars, Twin Peaks. 


dusty wrote:Jeremy, I'm really excited about Twin Peaks too. Loved the original series and the weirdness of it. It shall be interesting to see how they are going to go about it now. I'll have to dig the box set out to catch up on all the characters! Lol!

I'll have to rewatch the first two seasons too. Maybe we can plan a rewatch or something. Every week, we would rewatch one episode in particular and, then, we would give our feelings about it on this forum.


Hey, that is a great idea! I'm in. When do you want to start? Anyone else in?

24default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:24 pm

Poppy

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Hi dusty,

dusty wrote:Yes, he was great in AHS. I'd like him to play a villain once.


Taboo is about an adventurer (Hardy) who returns to Britain with stolen diamonds upon his father's death. He takes over his dad's shipping business and gets embroiled in drama regarding the East India Company. It's a mini series and looking at the trailer and the pictures it looks very dark and mysterious. It is set in the 1800s.

There are conflicting reports as to when it is being shown, some reports say this autumn others next year, so I don't know. It is written by Stephen Knight who writes Peaky Blinders and was developed from an idea by Hardy and his dad. There are lots of Game of Thrones actors in it and the german actress from Run Lola Run (one of my favourite films) is in it as well.

I second that, I would love to see Darren play a villain! 

Thanks for the summary of the plot for Taboo, dusty, and for letting us know about what time it should come out.  So is it being filmed in the U.K.?  If so, then it will appear there first?     Interesting about that casting, with some folks from Game of Thrones and the actress from Run Lola run.   Sounds promising. 

dusty wrote:Hey, that is a great idea! I'm in. When do you want to start? Anyone else in?

I'm in too.  I'll check Netflix to see if I can catch it there.  How are you guys watching it?

25default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:14 am

Lin

avatar
Intermediate Member III
Intermediate Member III
@Poppy wrote:Yes, I agree, the way the U.S. film and TV industry are so careful to shield the public from swear words and sex scenes, but very liberal in regard to violence is ridiculous to me.
Germany is the opposite kind of ridiculous. I've watched a few dubbed Glee episodes/scenes out of curiosity and they actually put in some swearwords to fill pauses. I'm sure this also happens on other shows, I just noticed it with Glee because it's weird to hear "Blaine" randomly curse.


I don't think I need a thread for any of my shows right now, most of them are currently on hiatus or soon will be. But if you all want to rewatch Twin Peaks, I might check it out and join in.


_________________

26default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:30 pm

Poppy

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
ha!  That is hilarious about actually adding in swear words.  I would love to hear Blaine swear.
:laughing

Thanks for your feedback of any threads for specific TV shows, Lin. 

Lin, sometime in the next day or two, I'm gonna PM you about that issue of improving the "like" system.  


dusty, are there any specific TV shows that you would like to  have threads of their own, or are you ok with discussing the TV shows you watch in one catch-all thread for miscellaneous TV shows that is here:  General Thread to Talk About TV Shows?

27default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:11 am

dusty001


Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
@Poppy wrote:Hi dusty,

dusty wrote:Yes, he was great in AHS. I'd like him to play a villain once.


Taboo is about an adventurer (Hardy) who returns to Britain with stolen diamonds upon his father's death. He takes over his dad's shipping business and gets embroiled in drama regarding the East India Company. It's a mini series and looking at the trailer and the pictures it looks very dark and mysterious. It is set in the 1800s.

There are conflicting reports as to when it is being shown, some reports say this autumn others next year, so I don't know. It is written by Stephen Knight who writes Peaky Blinders and was developed from an idea by Hardy and his dad. There are lots of Game of Thrones actors in it and the german actress from Run Lola Run (one of my favourite films) is in it as well.

I second that, I would love to see Darren play a villain! 

Thanks for the summary of the plot for Taboo, dusty, and for letting us know about what time it should come out.  So is it being filmed in the U.K.?  If so, then it will appear there first?     Interesting about that casting, with some folks from Game of Thrones and the actress from Run Lola run.   Sounds promising. 

dusty wrote:Hey, that is a great idea! I'm in. When do you want to start? Anyone else in?

I'm in too.  I'll check Netflix to see if I can catch it there.  How are you guys watching it?


About Taboo, yes it is filmed in the UK. As far as I know it will be shown in both places at the same time. It does look very promising, I'm very excited about it (and the scenes of TH in nothing but a loincloth)!



I've got the Twin Peaks box set and am pretty ready to start watching any time.



No, I don't need a particular thread, I'm happy to discuss them wherever.



Seconded about the swearing! That is hilarious! Aw, imagine little Blaine swearing! I have a hard time picturing him knowing any bad words...though I'm sure he's heard a few from Sebastian! :laughing

28default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:12 am

*Jeremy*

avatar
Advanced II
Advanced II
dusty wrote:Hey, that is a great idea! I'm in. When do you want to start?

Starting this weekend would be okay for me but that may be too soon for the others. Btw, they must have in mind that the first episode is a long one (90 minutes) :amused  


@Poppy wrote:How are you guys watching it?

I have the box set too :happy face

29default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:47 pm

Poppy

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the info on Taboo, dusty.  :happy face


dusty wrote:No, I don't need a particular thread, I'm happy to discuss them wherever.

Ok, good to know.  Thanks.  And if anyone changes their mind later when the shows return and wants a specific thread devoted to one particular show (that at least two people would comment on), I can always create a new thread for that show later.   :happy face


I easily can picture Sebastian swearing.  I can see Blaine saying these vile words when he's angry:
God darn it!   Fudge!   Oopsy!    :angry soapbox


You both have the box set of Twin Peaks?   That's convenient.  I checked last night and both seasons of Twin Peaks are on Netflix, as well as Pretty Little Liars (not sure about all the seasons for PLL).   I would love to start the group viewing of Twin Peaks this weekend, but not sure if I'll get to it.   Have family visiting on Sunday.  But I probably can get to it on this Sat or sometime next week M-F.   What about you, Lin?

If you guys don't mind, when we start the group viewing of Twin Peaks, let's move the discussion to this thread: Twin Peaks.



Last edited by Poppy on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total

30default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:44 am

Lin

avatar
Intermediate Member III
Intermediate Member III
I'll be busy binge-watching the new season of OITNB over the weekend.  too scary


_________________

31default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Poppy

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
ha!  You will be busy.  :happy face 

I don't mind when we start.  Jeremy?  dusty?


_________________

Photo Credit: narmdaddy

32default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:16 am

*Jeremy*

avatar
Advanced II
Advanced II
I don't know. Next weekend ? :amused

Btw, as 3-4 people are interested in talking about Twin Peaks, I think we should create a thread about the show and use this thread for a more general discussion about entertainment.

33default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:51 am

Poppy

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ok.   Good idea.  I'll do that.  :happy face

Let's discuss Twin Peaks here:  Twin Peaks.

So start the group viewing of TP June 25/26?   And people can talk about it anytime the week that follows that weekend, so sometime between Monday June 27 to Thursday June 30?   Is that ok with everyone?

34default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:28 am

Poppy

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
We can open a thread/Topic about sports in general or about particular sports, if more than one person is interested in commenting.  Just let me know.


_________________

Photo Credit: narmdaddy

35default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Lin

avatar
Intermediate Member III
Intermediate Member III
Ew, sports! scared


_________________

36default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Poppy

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
haha.   :biggrin.png: 

dusty?  Jeremy?


_________________

Photo Credit: narmdaddy

37default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:24 am

*Jeremy*

avatar
Advanced II
Advanced II
I don't dislike sport but, generally, I don't have time to watch. This summer, I'm gonna try to watch Wimbledon a little. I may also watch a soccer match (the Europe Cup has started recently). 

Besides, I think about buying "Mario Golf World Tour" this summer. That's not realistic golf but, who knows, I may become a golf fan lol. For now, that sport seems a bit boring to me (although I love playing minigolf).

38default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 am

Poppy

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Jeremy wrote:Besides, I think about buying "Mario Golf World Tour" this summer. That's not realistic golf but, who knows, I may become a golf fan lol. For now, that sport seems a bit boring to me (although I love playing minigolf).

ha!  :amused


_________________

Photo Credit: narmdaddy

39default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:37 am

dusty001


Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Hi, sorry, I'm late to the Twin Peaks discussion. I haven't been able to watch the first ep yet. I spent last weekend binge watching GOT at my brother in laws house and  I'm watching the last ep tonight. Had to sign up to Now Tv as we don't have sky. I have been actively trying to avoid the internet and any spoilers. But shall watch Twin Peaks tomorrow.

As for sports, I don't really watch any, though I have been watching a bit of the Euros. It was very conflicting for me watching England-Iceland as I didn't know who to cheer for. I'm of neither nationality, but I have lived in England for the last 20 years and I grew up in Iceland! My parents back home had the same problem. My husband is English and was very embarrassed by the English team's performance. Go Iceland though, hope they beat France and go all the way!!

40default Re: Entertainment ( Films, Theater, Music) on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:12 am

*Jeremy*

avatar
Advanced II
Advanced II
If you watch the pilot tomorrow, we could start the discussion this weekend... (But let's talk about Twin Peaks in the specific thread that Poppy has created Wink)

Iceland seems a nice country to me. Maybe we should create a thread about the countries where we live or have lived. It would give us some travel ideas for the summer :amused

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum