Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 12]

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
The picture of the guy with a hoodie makes me laugh :big grin

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
ha!  I think that's the main character, isn't it?  Lin?  Dusty?  (I only watched the first few episodes.)

Lin

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Yes, the main character. The actor just won an Emmy for the role, which Darren was congratulating him for in the first tweet.
While I would obviously love to see him on that show, I wouldn't read anything into the exchange. It's something a lot of shows do on their social media (take the names/icons of fans and incorporate them in a picture) to promote the show and make the fans feel engaged. And I think it's also not the first time Darren jokingly asked for a job on a project he likes (for example The Flash?).

But I AM curious if there's anything more to that haircut. When he was doing Hedwig last year, he cut it neither that short nor two weeks in advance, so I don't think it's for that.

@*Jeremy* wrote:I prefer the new haircut :happy face
Blasphemy.
x

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
@Lin wrote:Yes, the main character. The actor just won an Emmy for the role, which Darren was congratulating him for in the first tweet.

Thanks Lin.  I remember the actor being very impressive and I remember that you really liked his acting.

Darren's nice congratulatory tweet to Rami:

September 19, 2016.

I was wondering if I was reading too much into the tweets by Mr. Robot, since I saw that twitter account tweeted a lot of similar tweets with other folks (many who were not actors).   

@Lin wrote:And I think it's also not the first time Darren jokingly asked for a job on a project he likes (for example The Flash?).

Oh yeah, that's right.   You have a good memory, Lin.  He doesn't do it often, though.  And speaking of The Flash, when is Darren going to be a guest star there?!   Come on, Grant, work your magic!

@Lin wrote:But I AM curious if there's anything more to that haircut. When he was doing Hedwig last year, he cut it neither that short nor two weeks in advance, so I don't think it's for that.

Yes, he didn't cut his hair that short for Hedwig on Broadway (and now that I think of it, yes, he didn't cut his hair two weeks in advance of the show).   Something else is happening . . .   it's gotta be a teaser for something else.  Probably not his music, because why would he need a short haircut for his own album/music? 

@Lin wrote:
@*Jeremy* wrote:I prefer the new haircut

Blasphemy.
x

hahaha!  It's truly amazing how different he looks with the new do.  I have to say, looking at the Global Citizen pics, I don't think he knows yet how to style it, since it's so different for him.  :amused  I'm missing the long curls.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren saw School of Rock. 

Some pics with fans.

daniellep321 When you’re at @sormusicalcelebrating the end of a long week and notice that Darren Criss is sitting two rows away from you, you work up the nerve to ask for a photo. From #Glee to his own music to seeing him as #Hedwig multiple times (he asked if we ever made out during the audience participation part of the show!), I’ve been a massive fan…and got to speak to him tonight. He was as nice and gracious as could be. Definitely lived up to the ideal. #darrencriss #elsiefest#schoolofrockbroadway

@bybrandonmarc What an amazing night and an amazing guy  heart  @DarrenCriss #schoolofrockbroadway

Darren's right eye looks a bit tired.   I hope he is rested before he begins Hedwig in SF.  Can't believe Hedwig will be starting in about 1.5 weeks!

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Pics with fans, and their nice messages, at School of Rock:

@choulihanobc: It was so cool to meet you @DarrenCriss at @SoRmusical. I am a huge fan.

brvndonjvmes: From “A Very Potter Musical” and “Glee”, this dude is an amazing actor & singer that I was lucky enough to meet!. @darrencriss #darrencriss #fox #glee #celeb #avpm #musician #actor #nyc #greenwichvillage #westvillage #restaurant #bar #tapestry #food #global

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
In less than a week, this coming Sunday, Darren will begin the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour at San Francisco!   celebrate clapping hands  The special event with Darren, Stephen and Lena for SHN members occurs tomorrow.  

Darren's Calendar:

September 27       Special event for SHN Members, a conversation with Darren, Lena Hall and Stephen Trask at the Orpheum Theatre.  7-8 pm.  Log into SHN Account

October 2-30       Hedwig & the Angry Inch. SF:   Tickets

October 19              Interview at St. Ignatius.  7 pm. RSVP.  Tickets

November 1-27    Hedwig & the Angry Inch.  L.A.:    Tickets

From dailydarrennews:

A few more pics of Darren at School of Rock.  Ben Stiller also went.  :happy face

dailydarrennews:
HQ | Darren Criss poses backstage at the hit musical based on the film School of Rock

How does Darren make his eyes do that (so we can only see the whites)?  :amused

dailydarrennews:
HQ | Darren Criss and Ben Stiller pose backstage at the hit musical based on the film School of Rock

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Just a couple of more days, and then Darren begins his Hedwig performances in SF!   Before you know it, Lilikoiluv will be seeing Darren singing, dancing and acting at the Golden Gate Theatre!

Darren's Calendar:

October 19              Interview at St. Ignatius.  7 pm. RSVP.  Tickets

From dailydarrennews:

Meredith Stepien and Darren being cute.  :happy face

erickdecriss:

shootthewendy With enough effort and dedication, the NSYNC “Bye Bye Bye” dance can fit to anything. @merediddys heart

September 28 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

I love Darren's positivity.  Live for the present, instead of dwelling on the past. 

“If I had the ability to relive any day in my life I don’t think I’d want to. I’ve had a pretty good run and I want to leave it at that. I can tell you a lot of days I don’t want to relive though. Like finals in college. It was horrible. Studying for tests is the worst.” - Darren Criss for Humans of Broadway
September 29 2016
dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren supporting Theo.  :happy face

link to theo’s tweet

Tweeting Bruno Mars

link to video

I had posted this pic from dailydarrennews, but I found this info about Asia SF from gleekto and gottalivealoha.   Very cool. 

gleekto:
     dailydarrennews:
        AsiaSF Honored to have @DarrenCriss and @HedwigOnBway at #AsiaSF tonight

Description of AsiaSF from their website:

This restaurant-lounge-dance club quickly became a San Francisco entertainment landmark. A true celebration of diversity – many believe AsiaSF is the ultimate San Francisco experience. Our world famous transgender stars – the beautiful and talented Ladies of AsiaSF –  have always been the focal point of the AsiaSF experience.  Every evening, these divas serve you superb, critically acclaimed Cal-Asian cuisine and perform hourly atop the Chinese Red runway bar. Since opening, over 750,000 guests have experienced the warm welcoming atmosphere that makes AsiaSF a never to be forgotten evening. We are proud to bring this positive, trans-awareness experience to guests of all ages from everywhere in the U.S. and the world.
(via gottalivealoha)

This is a cute pic.  She has pics on her instagram which also are tagged Asia SF.

jenntab So this happened the other night. Met this SF native, Darren Criss aka BLAINE from GLEE! #glee #fangirling

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

I can imagine Darren's childhood/high school/ACT friends are wanting to meet up with him, but he's so busy.

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

October 09 2016

I'm glad Darren is stopping and taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of his home town.   :happy face  It really is a beautiful city.

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

DaisiesAndLilies

General Member
General Member
He apparently ran into dancers from Ballet Austin this morning.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
That is so nice!   Too bad they missed a pic with Darren.  How cool that they are touring China!

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Ok, this is truly very, very important:

http://www.rockthevote.com/get-informed/elections/voter-registration-deadlines.html
via DarrenCrissArmy

Thank you, sunshunes and @hedwigonbway  for this critical message!

# Repost hedwigonbway

Ladies & gentlemen, there’s an election going on and the stakes are higher than Hedwig’s golden boots. If you haven’t already, go to rockthevote.com to #register. Danke,  #Hedwig. Illustration : @sunshunes http://ift.tt/2e8TCqB
via DarrenCrissArmy

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

This is cute:

@TreeTownSound: .@DarrenCriss loves @TallyHall & @annarbors107one too. Written on the wall outside our studio. #AnnArbor heart

This is for Lilikoiluv and Tash.  See, Darren is active on social media.  :happy face  The Giants inspired him!

October 11 2016

And his dislike for physics inspired him too.  :amused  haha!  "It literally brings ya down."

October 11 2016   (Source)

Darren being a good citizen and reminding people about registering to vote:

Link:  iwillvote.com

From DarrenCrissArmy:

iwillvote.com

This is an useful tweet about registering to vote:

Today is the deadline to register to vote in these states:  Montana, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's Calendar:

October 19              Interview at St. Ignatius.  7 pm.

From dailydarrennews:

The Fans Have Spoken! The Top 10 Broadway Stars Who Should Host Saturday Night Live
Happy Tuesday, Broadway fans! Hamilton mastermind Lin-Manuel Miranda rocked Saturday Night Live on October 8! (We’re still laughing about “Crucible Cast Party.”) In honor of Miranda’s epic SNL stint, we asked the fans which other Great White Way star should get their shot at hosting the iconic show. Whose opening monologue would get the most applause? Whose impressions would actually make you laugh out loud? Who would photograph super well in those signature SNL stills? Check out your top 10 below!
 #10 - Darren Criss
October 12 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Link
October 13 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

October 13 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
GUYS, DARREN IS RELEASING AN ALBUM!   THIS IS NOT A DRILL!  DARREN IS RELEASING AN ALBUM!   

You go, Darren!   I knew you were up to something!!!   excited Yea!   You guys, we have been waiting for this for soooo long!! thumbs up bow to you    Thank you  dailydarrennews for breaking the news to Darren's fans!  

Please go here to discuss this wonderful news:  Discussion of Darren's Album

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
I want his hipster haircut back!! Sulks in the corner. But a million hurrah's for an album!!!! Party time!!

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi dusty!  :hello

dusty wrote:I want his hipster haircut back!! Sulks in the corner. But a million hurrah's for an album!!!! Party time!!

Ha!  Everyone (but Jeremy :amused ) wants his curly hipster hair back.  I'm sure it will be back later (hopefully, he'll tour and have it back then.  I really, really hope he tours an international location, maybe in Europe).

But we were speculating the haircut was a sign of things to come!  Lin especially was excellent in sharpening  her detective skills.

@Lin wrote:
Darren cut his hair!

darrencriss The time has come!

darrencriss It is done.

Of course, this reminded me of a very important haircut that happened about six years ago...

Except when I went to look up the old tweets, I noticed that this didn't just happen ABOUT six years ago, it happened EXACTLY six years ago to the date and even posted within the same hour. Did he do that on purpose?  :cry

@Poppy wrote:And thank you for also posting those pics that Darren posted six years ago, to the exact date!   It can't be coincidence that he picked the same date.  Another milestone that he is sharing with his fans, as he gets ready for the Hedwig tour (and maybe other things too?).  

@Poppy wrote:
Nice photo/gif set of what Lin said.  :happy face

darrenishedwig:
September 18th, 2010 - Well guys, today’s the day. I’m finally gonna cut my hair! I’ll miss ya, longhair, but I’ll seeya soon! | Well gang, it’s done. Like it or hate it, it’ll grow back in no time! In the meantime, Dapperdarren ENGAGE! 

September 18th, 2016 - The time has come! | It is done.
September 19 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

The wording is similar for 2010 and 2016, too, with him saying something to the effect that time-wise, the moment has arrived where the haircut must happen (hmmmm.  for reasons).
2010:  "Well gang, it’s done."
2016:  "It is done."

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren being his usual self (supportive friend):

I have not been following Waitress.  Is Jenna leaving the show, or is the show closing?  Good to see that Darren's friendship with Mae Whitman is alive and well.  :happy face

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I didn't get to posting these earlier:

From dailydarrennews:

Edgar Wright is an English director, screenwriter, producer, and actor. He is best known for Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
Link to video
October 19 2016

Darren showing his support for Michael Hitchcock and Vulfpeck.  :happy face

mypatronusisklaine:
[Link 1, Link 2, Video]
October 18 2016   (Source)

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

A nice pic of Darren and Mia somewhere in SF.

chrisneyland-miarren-klaine-lea:
Via Mia’s snapchat (10-21-16)

October 21 2016

Note:   Donald Glover is cast as Lando Calrissian in the Han Solo film (Billy Dee Williams had played him in prior Star War films).

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Lilikoiluv

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II

@Poppy wrote:Enlarge this image

Enlarge this image

I have not been following Waitress.  Is Jenna leaving the show, or is the show closing?  

That was for Jenna's final performance as Dawn.  Her character plays opposite Christopher Fitzgerald's Ogie, so Darren had two friends playing opposite each other.  I'm glad Darren had a chance to see them perform together in "Waitress." The play itself is doing well at the box office.  :happy face 

And I loved Darren's tweet response to Ana Gasteyer's "nasty woman" tweet!  Well played, sir!   thumbs up

Speaking for supporting his friends in Vulpeck, I liked Darren's pinkish Vulfpeck shirt he wore during a recent stage door! He looks good in reds and dark pinks (or any color really). 

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi Lilikoiluv!  :hello 

Thanks so much for the answer!   So cool that Jenna played across Christoper Fitzgerald, another friend of Darren.  Yes, and so great that he was able to see them perform together in Waitress!   Ok, so Waitress is not closing, but Jenna is leaving.  I'm sure she had a wonderful time being in that musical!

Yes, Darren's response to the "nasty woman" tweet by Ana Gasteyer was great!   I like how he took the opportunity to join in the community of folks who were responding to that "nasty woman" comment by Trump, and at the same time, promote Hedwig!  applause  Well played, indeed! 

I didn't even notice the Vulpeck shirt he wore, until you mentioned it, Lilikoiluv!  You are so observant!   So nice that he wore it!  He's such a good friend.  He does look especially good in reds and dark pinks.  I like that plaid shirt that had pink in it.    Thanks for posting that pic, Lilikoiluv!

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

DarrenCriss.com gets a new and improved layout - October 26, 2016

Artsy-looking photo.  Is the re-working of his official site another sign of positive things to come?

New “old” photo of Darren from his recently updated website darrencriss.com. Go check it out.
dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Lilikoiluv

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
I like all of the photos they've used in the new DarrenCriss.com site layout! It looks so much more appealing and pretty!

@Poppy wrote:He does look especially good in reds and dark pinks.  I like that plaid shirt that had pink in it.   
Did you mean this one? 

Speaking of reds, pinks, and now plaids, let's add these beauties to the convo just because they're stunning and we can: 

:love

Darren attended the opening night of ACT's "Hard Problem"  last night (via DarrenDailyNews):

@RustyRueff Opening night @ACTSanFrancisco of Tom Stoppard’s Hard Problem. @CEPinSF welcoming us. @DarrenCriss also here tonight
x

ETA:  Oops, I just noticed that Poppy had already posted the above ACT pic in another thread.   :apology

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hi Lilikoiluv!  :hello 

I agree, DarrenCriss.com looks great!  So professional looking!

Aw, Lilikoiluv!  You are an encyclopedia of Darren-related news.  Your mind is is like a Darren-photo/video gallery!

I actually was thinking of both those two shirts!  Amazing that you figured that out!!   You are amazing.  applause 

Thanks for posting that pic, Lilikoiluv.  haha!  It's ok if there are duplicate photos/gifs/videos.  It's bound to happen, since we put things in different threads.  It's all flexible.  There's no wrong place to put stuff in.  : it's gonna be ok   thumbs up

So cool that Darren continues to make tiime out of his busy schedule to show his support for ACT.  Love how he stays connected to his roots.  :love

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Wehoville wrote:
WeHo’s Halloween Carnaval: All You Need to Know to Enjoy It

This year’s Carnaval is a celebration of the disco era and will feature DJs at several stations along Santa Monica Boulevard. The DJ’s are listed on Page 2 below. West Hollywood Mayor Lauren Meister and City Council members will host a brief program at 9 p.m. [on October 31st] at the San Vicente stage located at the intersection of Santa Monica and San Vicente boulevards to honor “Glee” star Darren Criss as King of Carnaval.

Best known for his role as Blaine Anderson on the hit television series Glee, Criss is currently starring as Hedwig in the national tour of the hit Broadway musical, ” Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” which opens at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood on Nov. 1.

Criss began his career as one of the founding members of the Chicago-based musical theater company StarKid Productions, where he played the lead role of Harry Potter in “A Very Potter Musical.”

He has also starred in the Broadway production of “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying,” has had recurring roles on television’sAmerican Horror Story, “” and made his feature film debut in the comedy”Girl Most Likely.”

Carnaval officially takes place from 6 to 11 p.m. Monday on Santa Monica Boulevard between La Cienega and Doheny. But unofficially it will launch Friday with private parties and bar events throughout WeHo, with some people celebrating through Sunday night before they hit Santa Monica Boulevard on Monday
October 28 2016

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum