Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 17]

Lin

Intermediate Member III
Intermediate Member III
Still such an awesome opportunity for Darren if he's "just" co-producing the show, but of course selfishly, I want to see him on my screen!
Patrick Carlyle posted this and liked the two tweets above, hmmmm. ( :fingers crossed )

The Billboard interview was fun! (But tssk, Keith and Darren, that's not how Hedwig is pronounced in German Razz )

The US election is just bizarre on so many levels to me. I don't know

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
@Lilikoiluv wrote:Since they're doing write-ups of the project, the network/production compan(ies) must have sent out the info to the press. That gives me hope that this project may be well on its way along the development process.

At first, I was wondering if the 3 articles that came out  yesterday, November 7   (The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, and Entertainment Weekly) were simply based on the article that came out on November 6 (Season-Zero), but the EW article, The Hollywood Reporter article and the Billboard article are worded differently than the article in Season-Zero.  It does seem like the network did a type of press release to these 3 entertainment sites (THR, Billboard, and EW), which is a positive sign.

@Lilikoiluv wrote:Darren's profile on the Hyphenate Creative Management site that Lin referred us to listed Darren's Producer status as "PRODUCER - development of original TV series’ for network and cable television.”  Now that has me wondering what kind of cable project(s) he may be involved with too. 

The use of the word "cable" was interesting.   And I agree, Lilikoiluv, it is nice to see Jonathan Gabay being enthusiastic about this project!

Thanks for sharing with us about what you noted about the Billboard podcast, Lilikoiluv.  I still need to try to see if it works for me.   Will try later (right now, my mind is fuzzy with political pundit talk.  I think I need to stop watching the news.  oh )

@Lilikoiluv wrote:What a moving piece that reminds of a perspective of this election that we tend to overlook, but is so important to remember and act upon. 

Well said, Lilikoiluv! 

Jeremy wrote:I don't get the Joaquin Phoenix reference
Yes, I'm not so sure what that means either.  I'm speculating that it has to do with a film called "I'm Still Here," which at the time it was released, people thought it was about Joaquin's life, but it later turned out that it was a "mockumentary."   Huffington Post

Lin, you are continuing to impress us with your sleuthing!   Thanks for letting us know that Patrick Carlyle liked those two tweets (and for his own tweet too).   

@Lin wrote:The Billboard interview was fun! (But tssk, Keith and Darren, that's not how Hedwig is pronounced in German )

haha!  :amused

So many things about this election is freaky and bizarre (and frightening, horrifying, and enraging).    I continue to feel it's surreal.

Thanks for the empathy, Jeremy.  I really need it.  I feel like I'm walking on pins and needles today.

Jeremy wrote:Btw, shouldn't we open a thread for Royalties ?

I prefer to wait until we get an announcement from the network about whether they have decided to pick up the pilot/series, but if others want me to, I'll open up a new thread.  I assume you would like a new thread for Royalties now, before an announcement by FOX, Jeremy?  Anyone else?

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I know this is off-topic, but I just need to find some comfort. 

sunshine-captain:
bluespock:
Wise words from a wise man
via vampireisabitstrong

So grieve.  But know we will get through this.

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Yay! DC has a new project! How exciting!! I'm certain he'll be in it. Sounds very strange for an actor to co-create a new show and not putting himself in one of the roles. Especially with the show focusing on an area he is very interested in himself. The tweets from Carlyle are also promising in that regard. Btw, I guess this show will have new music in it? Possibly written and (here's to hoping) sung by Darren? :big grin

Btw, poppy, I'm sending you a huge hug! A very strange day indeed.

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
@Poppy wrote:From dailydarrennews:

Cute.  :amused

Where are the pics of his costume? He always puts such effort in. His vampire and Babar costumes were great!

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
@Poppy wrote:
I prefer to wait until we get an announcement from the network about whether they have decided to pick up the pilot/series, but if others want me to, I'll open up a new thread.  I assume you would like a new thread for Royalties now, before an announcement by FOX, Jeremy?  Anyone else?

Opening the thread after the announcement by Fox is fine too :happy face

@dusty001 wrote:Yay! DC has a new project! How exciting!! I'm certain he'll be in it. Sounds very strange for an actor to co-create a new show and not putting himself in one of the roles. Especially with the show focusing on an area he is very interested in himself. The tweets from Carlyle are also promising in that regard. Btw, I guess this show will have new music in it? Possibly written and (here's to hoping) sung by Darren? 

Besides, giving Darren a role would be a smart move. He can act and sing, he's already famous and, when Glee was still on air, his covers were one of the best-selling ones. So, Darren in the main cast would be quite a safe choice. Unless they can get bigger actors/singers, of course.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
dusty wrote:Where are the pics of his costume? He always puts such effort in. His vampire and Babar costumes were great!

Darren and Mia dressed as Eleven and Barb from the Stranger Things TV show.   You can find pics and videos here:  Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2016

Also Patrick Carlyle tweeted again:

gleekto wrote:
FYI - Patrick Carlyle, one of the writers of Royalties who tweeted that some of the THR article was wrong, teased that the error may be that Darren actually is starring on the show…Take from it what you will.

-gleekto

Here is Patrick Carlyle's tweet in response to a question being asked (click on the link in Patrick Carlyle's tweet):

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren being his sweet, inspiring self, finding the positive on an otherwise dark situation:

(From dailydarrennews):

Darren's retweets November 8, 2016, Election Day.

Darren’s election night RTs, part 1
DarrenCrissArmy

Darren’s election night RTs/tweets, part 2
DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
@*Jeremy* wrote:
@Poppy wrote:

Opening the thread after the announcement by Fox is fine too :happy face

@dusty001 wrote:Yay! DC has a new project! How exciting!! I'm certain he'll be in it. Sounds very strange for an actor to co-create a new show and not putting himself in one of the roles. Especially with the show focusing on an area he is very interested in himself. The tweets from Carlyle are also promising in that regard. Btw, I guess this show will have new music in it? Possibly written and (here's to hoping) sung by Darren? 

Besides, giving Darren a role would be a smart move. He can act and sing, he's already famous and, when Glee was still on air, his covers were one of the best-selling ones. So, Darren in the main cast would be quite a safe choice. Unless they can get bigger actors/singers, of course.

Yes, it would seem strange if they didn't cast him. Since it is a music show I wonder if they will sell the songs on iTunes like they did with Glee. I wonder if it would star anyone else we know...

Poppy, thanks for the link to DC's Halloween costume. It was great! :laughing

Poppy,

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
I'm asking myself the same question. 

Who could be the two other main actors (or the three main actors if Darren don't appear in the show) ? Let's make suggestions :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Who is a songwriter?  Chord.  This may be Blam Part 2. :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Link

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
More about the Fox project with Darren.

Link to article:   playbill.com/article/darren-criss-developing-series-for-fox
via DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews:

Soni Nicole Bringas is currently on Fuller House | link to article

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
@Poppy wrote:Who is a songwriter?  Chord.  This may be Blam Part 2. :amused

I'm not very fan of the idea of Glee alumni in that show. Why not Joe or Nick Jonas, for example ? :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
That sounds good too.  I'll take any of those guys on the show.  I've seen photos of Darren and Joe at the same events.  It seems they are friendly.  How about a woman songwriter/actor?  It'll be nice to have a woman character on the show as one of the songwriters.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Cute video.  I love that Darren takes time to do these kinds of things.  It's so cute to see how much it means to Avery.  Broadway Dreams strives "to provide youth and young adults of all socioeconomic backgrounds with performance training, life skills building, and mentorship opportunities from the entertainment industry's most distinguished talents."   BroadwayDreams.org

@bway_dreams: Avery Rehl is pretty excited for showcase, and apparently @DarrenCriss is too! #DreamersTakeNYC @HedwigOnBway
via dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
@Poppy wrote:That sounds good too.  I'll take any of those guys on the show.  I've seen photos of Darren and Joe at the same events.  It seems they are friendly.  How about a woman songwriter/actor?  It'll be nice to have a woman character on the show as one of the songwriters.

I'm okay for a girl. Maybe Darren will ask Lucy Hale to join the cast. PLL comes to an end and she's a singer.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Lucy Hale is a good suggestion.  Mae Whitman also sang on Parenthood.  She has great chemistry with Darren.  I think a woman character would be a huge bonus to the cast.  I love  variety and diversity in terms of characters.  I would love for Leslie Odom Jr. to be on the show.  He has great chemistry with Darren, has a beautiful voice and is a wonderful actor.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
This is a nice gesture:

If you’re on Twitter come join us at @thecrissproject for #DCEncouragementDays!! We’re sending love and appreciation to Darren and all the people who help support his continued success! See you there!
DarrenCrissArmy

Lilikoiluv, there is even a pic of Ted the Dragonfly (4th pic from the top, under the pink sunglasses pic).  :happy face

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Poppy, Blam2 would be awesome! I wouldn't mind any of the Glee alumni dropping in.

My mind is blank right now as to other suggestions. Maybe some of DC's Broadway buddies? Just saw Mae Whitman was suggested above, that would be great. Her and DC were great together in that Lisa Kudrow show.

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum