Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twin Peaks

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Twin Peaks Empty Twin Peaks Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:59 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Twin Peaks the TV show.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply," or use the "Quick Reply Box," and then type your post.

2Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:15 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Thank you for the thread :Wink:

So, when do we start the rewatch ? Next weekend ? Later ?

3Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:22 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

You're welcome.  :happy face

So start the group viewing of TP June 25/26?   And people can post about it any time the week that follows that weekend, so sometime between Monday June 27 to Thursday June 30 (or one can post as soon as one watches it, but you may have to use spoiler boxes)?   Is that ok with everyone?  dusty?  Lin?   No pressure, this is a fun activity (thanks Jeremy for suggesting it), so time is flexible.

4Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:45 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I would like to suggest this :
- we watch the episode on Friday or Saturday (in theory)
- the discussion starts officially on Sunday 
- there's no deadline, we can give our feelings about the episode anytime 
- there's no spoiler box : if you haven't watched the episode yet and don't want to be spoiled, just avoid this thread and come when you have watched the episode

What do you think ? :happy face

5Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Friday and Saturday are not the best days for me, but I can post when I get a chance to watch during the week.  Whatever most of the group wants.

6Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:39 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I've rewatched the pilot. What about you ? :amused

7Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy hi!   You are so diligent!  I will get to it today or tomorrow.  :happy face   dusty?  Lin?

8Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jeremy, ok, sorry, I wasn't able to watch TP tonight.  Will do tomorrow!

9Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:48 am

I watched the first episode a few days ago already. And I was pretty confused and didn't really know what was going on, so I wanted to re-watch it and pay more attention this time. After watching the first half again now, I finally noticed that apparently I started with the wrong episode. :amused

10Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin, we've all done that.     wha?   :amused

ha!  I'm glad you figured it out before going to the next episode.  :happy face

11Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:47 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Lin wrote:I watched the first episode a few days ago already. And I was pretty confused and didn't really know what was going on, so I wanted to re-watch it and pay more attention this time. After watching the first half again now, I finally noticed that apparently I started with the wrong episode. Twin Peaks 3295213406

You have watched Episode 1 instead of Pilot, am I right ?  :amused

12Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:34 am

*Jeremy* wrote:You have watched Episode 1 instead of Pilot, am I right ?  :amused
:cheeky

Poppy wrote:ha!  I'm glad you figured it out before going to the next episode.  :happy face
I'm embarrassed it took me so long, but in my defense, it seemed like a show where I'm supposed to be a bit confused. Just not THAT confused. I've watched the actual pilot now and that made a lot more sense. :laughing

13Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:08 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

And what are your feelings about the episode ?

14Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Saw the pilot today.  

Spoiler:

And Lin, you are right.   This show will confuse you.

15Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:46 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I thought you had already watched the show once. Isn't it a rewatch for you ?

Spoiler:

16Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:29 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest it was not extraordinary.   Upon reading my comments last night, I now realize that my comments comes across as negative, which isn't what I meant to say.

What I meant to say is that the show starts off in a way that is meant to ease you into the storyline and the characterizations, not being so shocking and unusual as to discourage viewers from watching.  

I meant to say that the show progresses in a fascinating way (because I do consider the show to be fascinating.  I had said earlier that it was somewhat addicting).     I meant to say that from the Pilot, the show would transform into something so much more than a normal murder mystery, but to viewers of solely the Pilot, they have no idea of how much more is to come.  (Hence the ellipsis I put in my comment in my first post, to express "this appears to be a normal murder mystery, but you have no idea how far from the truth that is," although now I see that ellipsis is a pretty vague way to express that thoughts  :big grin)

17Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Well, I have misunderstood what you said this morning :laughing

18Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:04 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It was due to my reliance on the ellipsis!   (I definitely was not being very clear.  I will work on that!)

19Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:17 pm

*Jeremy* wrote:And what are your feelings about the episode ?
I'll have to watch a little more to form more of an opinion on the show*, but I enjoyed the quirkiness so far!

*and learn any of the characters' names, I'm awful at that. The only one I know is Log Lady. :happy face

20Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:52 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ha!   The Log Lady.   Talk about a quirky character.   (Sort of like Neckbrace Cheerio.)   The cast is large.  It's gonna take time to remember the characters' names.   Lucy is the Sheriff's assistant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum