Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blaine Anderson in the News

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31default Re: Blaine Anderson in the News on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:32 am

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
BICO was great. They had lots of chemistry there and Blaine was in full on dapper mode.

32default Re: Blaine Anderson in the News on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From Darren Criss Army:

curtmega:
  6 years ago today. We all grew up a little bit. #TodayShow (at Today)

33default Re: Blaine Anderson in the News on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:02 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Billboard wrote:

Imagine Dragons' Dan Reynolds Talks New Album 'Evolve' & Bigotry in Mormonism: 'To Be Gay Is Beautiful and Right and Perfect'

June 23, 2017
After Glee featured Imagine Dragons’ “It’s Time” in 2012 during an episode in which gay character Blaine sings it to his boyfriend Kurt, the band’s frontman Dan Reynolds started receiving letters from gay fans. They wrote him to praise the song but also to say his Mormon upbringing probably meant he doesn’t accept their sexual orientation.

“That was devastating and it broke my heart to get letters like that,” said Reynolds, now an outspoken ally to the LGBTQ community and recent recipient of the Trevor Project’s Hero Award for his advocacy efforts.

[ . . . .]

For your TrevorLIVE performance on June 19, you opened with “It’s Time,” which was a song the TV show Glee featured when Blaine sang it to his boyfriend Kurt. Do you remember that? And what impact do you think that moment has had on your career?

I do remember that. I just saw [Glee alum] Darren Criss a few days ago, and we reminisced about that because he sang it. Glee had a huge impact on the band because it helped our first song take off and it had a huge impact on a lot of people, especially within the gay community.  One of the reasons I’ve felt such a need to speak out on this is I’ve gotten countless emails and letters from fans around the world who said, “I’m gay, but I know you’re Mormon so that probably means you don’t accept my lifestyle, but I love ‘It’s Time’ and your music.” That was devastating and it broke my heart to get letters like that. I’ve written back to these people to tell them, “No, I do support you and I’m here for you.” It’s been a driving force for me to raise awareness and make a difference and not just sit back to let people feel that hurt. “It’s Time” reached a lot in a lot of different ways.

via dcriss-archive

34default Re: Blaine Anderson in the News on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:26 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dcriss-archive:

Santana Lopez, Blaine Anderson and Kurt Hummel,Glee (Naya Rivera, Darren Criss and Chris Colfer)

Santana (Rivera) didn’t get the story development she deserved when she came out, but she spat in the face of lesbian stereotypes and never apologized for who she was on Glee. Meanwhile, the Kurt (Colfer) and Blaine (Criss) love saga became the backbone of the show in later seasons and fostered one of the most ferocious online followings. #Klaine forever. | Source

Link to article:  http://www.tvguide.com/galleries/the-greatest-lgbt-tv-characters-of-all-time/27/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum