Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hope that "A Night of Light" was a great success tonight!  I'm sure it was wonderful!

This week will be a busy, but fun week for Darren! 

Darren's Schedule:

April 6, 2017.             WE Day-New York.

April 8, 2017.             University of Michigan Bicentennial Celebration.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

TBT:

shootthewendy: Uggggh tbt to being in the sunshine with Traceface & Mimi BASKING IN THEIR BEAUTY AND GRACE. RIP to my heart sunnies and before the world was torn apart from the worst election in history WHEN WE WERE YOUNG AND INNOCENT AND FULL OF HOPE

dailydarrennews also tagged Joe Walker.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From Darren Criss Army:

I'm guessing after the FX Upfront and Celebrity Bowling event, Darren and company decided to continue the celebrations.  :amused

Darren at Marie’s Crisis 4/6/17 via Jym Benzing’s Instagram Story (http://instagram.com/jymben)
via Darren Criss Army

With Sarah Paulson at Marie's Crisis.  :happy face

d_r_e_v My final evening in #newyorkcity I saw the incredible #comefromaway which blew my mind, then headed down to @mariescrisis for a drink and a sing then ran into these excellent people @darrencriss​ @mssarahcatharinepaulson What an incredible way to finish my trip!!!!! #stanbyslayinghisholiday
dailydarrennews

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Nice pic.  Aw, look at Chuck's arm in the sling.  sad face

dailydarrennews:

@weplaycomputers​  Happy #NationalSiblingsDay

charlescriss fun fact: Darren dragged me to a free parkour class offered at our local gym I wanna say 2007? Anyway, he was great at it and I dislocated my shoulder. Very illadvised.  see no evil #nationalsiblingsday @darrencriss @weplaycomputers

Note:  I remember reading about the Parkour class before, and thinking that was why Darren (as Blaine) was so graceful when he jumped on furniture and balanced on a Dalton Academy sofa.  :amused   (BTW guys, I added a few new smileys.  :happy face )

Hey, better late than never!   It's nice of Darren to tweet this. 

April 10, 2017

I'm not sure, but I think Darren is referring to @hellomaleka's design work for The Criss Project for the shirts at Represent.com.

This design:

Represent.com
Link: https://represent.com/tcp30rock

(Note:  The sale of the shirt above has closed).

And/Or this design:

NEW exclusive design for our final week! Proceeds from this design benefit ACLU. represent.com/store/tcp
via DarrenCrissArmy

I really do like the rock and roll shirt design.  Very cool!

I wonder if Darren knows about the other birthday fundraising drive by @crissfundraiser?  They raised $2,855 for his 30th birthday for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.

And they tweeted this:

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
I like the new smilies waiting

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I'm glad, Jeremy.  :happy face

Aw, it looks like Darren and Mia hosted a party in honor of the cast of An American in Paris and his friend, Etai Benson.  How nice!

# Repost etaibenson

Now THAT’S a #squad. Epic LA send-off for #americaninparis #ParisOnTour! Love and thanks to #darrencriss and #sunsetstrippa! #NextStopVegas http://ift.tt/2nZbofy

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From Darren Criss Army:

http://bit.ly/2ot2c6O

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Aw, this is cute.  Darren especially looks thrilled to meet Bill Nye (the science guy)!

@weplaycomputers Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill! @BillNye

April 15, 2017

via dailydarrennews

Edit:  I originally missed the play on words.  Darren as Blaine performed "Bills, Bills, Bills" on GleeRazz

129default Coachella 2017 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:03 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Assuming this is at Coachella?

Via Andy Mientus’ Instagram Story - April 22, 2017
April 22 2017

via dailydarrennews

otjdbee: Artistic differences. #Candid

130default Coachella on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:39 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Another Coachella pic with Darren, Mia, Andy Mientus and Michael Arden.  :happy face

From dailydarennews:

fallenjunkie:
  michaelarden: Crew ‘17

April 24 2017   (Source)

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren and Mia doing Karaoke:

From dailydarrennews:

fallenjunkie:
   Via Andy Mientus’ Instagram Story (April 24th, 2017)

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's Schedule:

May 1, 2017.            Sign up on Computer Games email list* by May 1, 5 pm PT, to access the FAN PRE-SALE code.

May 2, 2017.             Fan Presale begins, 10 am - 10 pm PT, for Computer Games at the Teragram Ballroom.

May 3, 2017.             General Sale begins at 10 am PT, for Computer Games at the Teragram Ballroom

June 4, 2017.            Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

Note:

To access the fan pre-sale on May 2, sign up on Computer Games' email list by going here:  http://weplaycomputers.com/

Go here to buy tickets:

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/14479923?artist=Darren+Criss&came_from=15

OR

http://www.teragramballroom.com/event/1478322-computer-games-los-angeles

You also can call Ticketmaster at:  1-800-745-3000. 

* In order to get the code for the PRE-SALE FOR FANS, you need to sign up no later than Monday May 1 at 5 pm PT, by going to:    http://weplaycomputers.com

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Another video of Darren and Mia doing karaoke:  :happy face

miarren-chill-klaine-coliver:
Via Mia’s snapchat (04-25-17)

via dailydarrennews

Funny video:  :happy face

Tyler Oakley on Darren Criss 4/25/17

via Darren Criss Army

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
-

Darren in Miami 4/29/17 via Alex Norton’s Instagram Story (instagram.com/imalexnorton)

via Darren Criss Army

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I'm late in posting these:

From dailydarrennews and Darren Criss Army:

(Source: twitter.com)

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I'm truly very sad to see that darrencriss-news.com has expired.   Alex's site was such a valuable resource to Darren's fans. 

You can still find pages on The Wayback Machine by searching.  Link:  https://web.archive.org/

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I'm guessing that speculation that Darren may be back on Broadway again (probably in Lazarus) is true.  :happy face

He's wearing the same outfit as he did on the day (March 23, 2017) we saw pics of him during a secret photo shoot with Sophia Anne Caruso and Today Tix.

Nice pics of Darren.  I like the playfulness of these pics.  

From dailydarrennews:

via the TodayTix app
May 08 2017

ihavelosttheabilitytoeven:
  another from TodayTix

via dailydarrennews

fallenjunkie:
Via TodayTix’s Website

Poppy (March 23, 2017) wrote:     From dailydarrennews:

I wonder what this is about??? 

@SOPHIANNECARUSO: Photoshoot with @DarrenCriss today for @TodayTixUK  #BroadwayBabes
March 23, 2017

dailydarrennews

Great pic!  Love their outfits.  Mia's new hair style is very cute.  Love the background of the city.   What event was this pic connected with?

Mia’s new profile picture on Facebook - May 8, 2017
May 08 2017

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
-

Darren’s website has been updated to include American Crime Story and Computer Games. Check it out at darrencriss.com!

via Darren Criss Army

It looks very professional!   Well done! applause

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Putting this update here, as well. 

Timeout.com previously  had reported that Darren was among the persons who would be participating in Buzzfeed's Queer Prom.  However, the article no longer is listing Darren's  name.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
While Darren was in Miami, he and Mia did karaoke.  :happy face  I didn't have time to post these videos earlier.

fallenjunkie:
  Via Alex Norton’s Instagram Story (May 8th, 2017)
via gleekto

fallenjunkie:
  Via Emilie Sobel’s Instagram Story (May 8th, 2017)
via gleekto

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I didn't have time to post these earlier, so here they are:  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

Alan and Darren have such a cute friendship. 

lance_horne: Captain?
  May 10 2017

This is such a lovely pic.  Love Darren's big smile here. 

fallenjunkie:
  nataliegrillo24: This was one of the coolest things I’ve done since moving to NY. #TodayTix #Rebrand #photoshoot #EvaNoblezada #DarrenCriss #AlexandraSilber #ArianaDeBose

via dailydarrennews

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's Schedule:

Present-June 4         Voting for Round One of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

June 4, 2017.            Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

June 12-July2            Voting on Final 5 (Round 2) of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

July 5                        Winner of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest announced.  Winner gets to open the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Nice pic with Stephen Schwartz.  :happy face Wonder when this was and for what event? 

# Repost @weplaycomputers

Player 1 & Player 2 with one of the original creators of the game itself- Stephen Schwartz. Thanks for the inspiration! ‬ http://ift.tt/2r1Ivop

via Darren Criss Army

Speaking of Stephen Schwartz:
musicalschwartz.com wrote:
The Prince of Egypt Movie and Stage Musical

Update February 2017: The new Stephen Schwartz - Philip LaZebnik musical The Prince of Egypt will premiere at Theatreworks in the San Francisco Bay Area Oct 6 - Nov 5, 2017 . . . 

DreamWorks Theatricals is in the process of developing a stage adaptation of the movie musical The Prince of Egypt . . .

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
-

It's Asian Pacific Heritage Month.  :happy face

via darrencrissarmy

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's Schedule:

Present-June 4         Voting for Round One of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

May 21                     *Computer Games at the Post-Walk Show of the AIDS Walk NY (12:30 pm)      

May 21                      Facebook Live at 3 pm ET

June 12-July2            Voting on Final 5 (Round 2) of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

July 5                        Winner of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest announced.  Winner gets to open the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

* If you raise $200, you gain admission for one to the Post-Walk Show.  If you raise $300, you earn admission for two to the Post-Walk Show. 
NYAidsWalk wrote:Check out our Day-of-Event flier for all you need to know
about this year’s exciting event!
https://ny.aidswalk.net/Day-of-Event-Info

Last edited by Poppy on Thu May 18, 2017 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From DarrenCrissArmy:

playbill:
  Disney’s The Little Mermaid Live Special to Air on ABC

Playbill wrote:
Disney's The Little Mermaid Live Special to Air on ABC

May 16, 2017

ABC is planning its own take on the live television musical with The Wonderful World of Disney: Little Mermaid Live, a two-hour special that will air October 3.

The special will combine the 1989 animated film with live musical performances from celebrity artists performing songs from the Alan Menken-Howard Ashman score. According to ABC, the special will use cutting edge technology to deliver a "never-before-seen live action/animation hybrid television experience."

Disney is also planning a live-action film remake of The Little Mermaid, featuring additional musical material from Hamilton star and creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, who will collaborate with Menken on the project.

The television special is inspired by the celebrity-studded concerts that took place at the Hollywood Bowl last year. The cast included Sara Bareilles as Ariel, Tituss Burgess as Sebastian the Crab, Darren Criss as Prince Eric, Rebel Wilson as Ursula the Sea Witch, Norm Lewis repeating his Broadway role as King Triton, Joshua Colley as Flounder, and John Stamos as Chef Louis.

[. . . ]

Upcoming live musical broadcasts also include Bye Bye Birdie and Jesus Christ Superstar on NBC, as well as A Christmas Story the Musical and Rent on Fox.

Aw, nice twitter conversation.  So sweet of Cynthia Erivo.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

May 16 2017

I love Billboard's support of Darren!  Nice wish list from Billboard:

Billboard wrote:
'Rent' Live Musical Cast Wish List: Miley, Zayn, Lauren Jauregui & More

5/16/2017

Fox announced that 'Rent' will be its next live musical.
It follows last year’s 'Grease Live,' which opened with a performance from Jessie J and starred Julianne Hough, Carly Rae Jepson and Vanessa Hudgens. With that star power, we’re sure Rent will follow suit. Here’s our wish list to fill out the rock musical’s ensemble.

[. . . ]

Darren Criss as Benny
We’re used to seeing Darren as a charming her, so wouldn’t it be delicious seeing him play the slimy businessman? And there’s something fun about him playing a role made famous by Taye Diggs -- as they both took turns as the namesake in Broadway’s adaptation of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I am sad to hear that one of Darren's fans has passed. 

Darren Criss Army wrote:
hellomaleka:
“I’m a, a diva!”

http://brixelated.com/diva/

Our hearts are broken. Yesterday (May 16, 2017) this world lost a beautiful soul in our dear friend and irreplaceable DCA team member, Marsha (@hellomaleka). We will miss her terribly.

We also know she’d kick our asses for wallowing in tears for too long, so we will do our best to celebrate her incredible spirit and find joy on the hardest of days, just like she always did. 

Marsha, we love you, and you are with us always.
via DarrenCrissArmy

I remember that Darren once had praised her art design for a shirt (or shirts) used for his 30th birthday fundraiser:

April 10, 2017

Her photos of Lego Blaine always brought a smile to my face.  My thoughts are with her family and friends.

Musician Chris Cornell has passed.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's Schedule:

May 21                     *Computer Games at the Post-Walk Show of the AIDS Walk NY (12:30 pm)      

May 21                      Facebook Live at 3 pm ET

* If you raise $200, you gain admission for one to the Post-Walk Show.  If you raise $300, you earn admission for two to the Post-Walk Show.

NYAidsWalk wrote:
Check out our Day-of-Event flier for all you need to know
about this year’s exciting event!
https://ny.aidswalk.net/Day-of-Event-Info

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's Schedule:

June 4, 2017.           Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

June 12-July2           Voting on Final 5 (Round 2) of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

July 5                       Winner of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest announced.  Winner gets to open the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

KEEPING VOTING, EVERYONE!  Let's support Darren and Chuck!  :sing smiley :music

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Cute pics.  Thanks Mia!  What they are doing looks very hard to do.  I was curious what a wombat is, so I googled it.  Wikipedia's definition made me laugh.  "Wombats are short-legged, muscular quadrupedal marsupial . . . " 

jaded-idealism:(05/25/17)

From Mia’s snapchat (05/25/17)

dailydarrennews

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum