Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
UPDATE ON THE CASE OF THE MISSING PICS

Everyone, Lin is a tech wizard!   She has given me a way to fix the problem!   thumbs up clapping hands   Yea!  THANK YOU SO MUCH, LIN!!    I appreciate your help so much!!    bow to you bow to you bow to you

The fix involves going post-to-post, but the great news is that I do not have to actually re-copy the missing images.   Lin's fix is much faster than that.  I may not get through all the posts with missing images, but I'll get through many of them.  :happy face

Note to members:  I have had no need to edit any posts by members, since we have such nice members (of course!)   heart If you see I have edited any of your previous posts, it is because I am applying Lin's fix to your post, to restore the missing images in your post.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's been flying cross country again (of course!).  :happy face 

From dailydarrennews:

A fan saw him at JFK International Airport (NYC) and posted it on January 13 (Friday).

Darren with a fan at JFK on January 13th, 2017 | source

Another fan saw him at Amelie the musical in Los Angeles.  Her post is dated today, January 16.

You can find her post here:  allysfantasy:

Michael Feinstein tweeted about doing another duet with Darren!  

@MichaelFeinstei (dated January 16, 2017)
link to old photo

I loved their duet when Darren was invited to perform on Michael Feinstein's New Year's Eve at the Rainbow Room, which was aired on PBS on December 31, 2014.   Here is a video of that performance, courtesy of Alex of DCN :

They sound so good.  Love their harmonizing.  :love

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
UPDATE:  DISAPPEARING IMAGES

I managed to restore almost all of the missing images from the various threads.  The only thread/Topic where I may not get to all the images is the longest thread (Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2016).

I apologize for the missing pics.    If you are a member, you may click on the links to see the images from their various sources.

Also, if there are certain posts that you wrote for which you would like me to restore images, please PM me and I will try to restore the images in those specific posts.   This mostly may concern the Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2016, since I believe I was able to retrieve most of the images in all other threads.   If I missed some images in the other threads, feel free to PM me as well. 

If there are certain posts written by someone other than yourself, but for which you would like the images restored, also feel free to PM me about those posts.

To current members:  If you see some of the images in your posts have disappeared, this is most likely why.  If you see I have edited any of your previous posts, it is because I am applying Lin's fix to your post, to restore the missing images in your post.

Lin

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Poppy, thank you so much for ALL the work you put into this forum.   :hug bow to you :for you

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Aw, you're welcome, Lin.   And thank you for your wonderfully clever fix!   bow to you bow to you bow to you   I'm grateful for your knowledge of how Forumotion forums operate and for your sharp computer savvy skills.  study      I wouldn't have been able to restore those images in the majority of the threads without your tech skills.   Most of all, thank you for your support of this little forum.    :thank you  It means a lot to me.  heart

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
-

fallenjunkie:
Via Darren’s snapchat (January 17th, 2017)

Was this just a random video inspired by Prince?  :big grin

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator

IMPORTANT NOTE
ANNOUNCEMENT:  DELETED POSTS IN Darren Appreciation Thread for 2017

On January 23, 2017, I accidentally deleted one thread (the "Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017").    I do apologize!

I restored the thread in question, through the back-up, but the back up only went up to January 19, 2017.  Thus, posts from January 20-23, 2017, in the "Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2017" were lost.

Thank you Lin, for pinpointing what I did wrong, and for the suggestion of what I can do to help prevent me from doing the same error.

IMPORTANT NOTE: 

UPDATE:  Deleted Posts in The Darren Appreciation Thread for 2017

Unfortunately, I am unable to restore those posts from January 20-23, 2017, in one thread, the "Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017."

If anyone remembers if they posted in the "Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017" from January 20- 23, 2017, feel free to re-post your comments in this thread.  I apologize if I lost any members' posts. 

I think that almost all of the posts during that time period in this one thread were done by me, but I'm not completely sure. 

Going through what Darren Criss Army and Daily Darren News posted during January 20-23, I have re-posted some of the events that they covered from January 20-23, 2017 (the time period of the lost posts in this thread).

Thank you everyone for your patience.

Here are some of the pics and videos that I am re-posting that were posted by Daily Darren News and Darren Criss Army, from  January 20-23, 2017. 

The anniversary of Darren's performance on January 19, 2013 at Barack Obama's Kids' Inaugural concert:

THROWBACK THURSDAY: Darren Criss, Naya Rivera and Amber Riley performing at Barack Obama’s Kids’ Inaugural, January 19, 2013
(Source: youtube.com)
via DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews:

fallenjunkie:
    Darren at the unveiling of the Century Plaza Hotel via the centuryplazala instagram stories (January 19th, 2017)
January 20 2017   (Source)

I love this pic and Darren's message about President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama: :cry

darrencriss: … No, thank YOU, Mr. President.
This photo was taken four years ago tomorrow, and marks one of the greatest honors of my life. Thank you, Obamas, for your leadership, your grace, your strength, your compassion, your humor- the list goes on and on. You have been and will continue to be an inspiration to us all, for generations to come. Also let’s be real, hot damn what a great lookin’ couple. Can’t wait to see what you do next. #tbt
January 20 2017
dailydarrennews

Not sure what this is or means, but it sounds intriguing.  :happy face

blfarber #LetsBeEmo & #DarrenCriss scheming a couple things for 2017!
January 20 2017
dailydarrennews

This is a cute video.  I think this is about the birthday of a friend of Mia's?   I think, but am not sure that is Mr. Hudson? Darren is an adorable dork.  heart

Via Mia’s snapchat (January 22nd, 2017)
mypatronusismalec

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:52 am; edited 7 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Lin and everyone else, I put discussion of Darren being a guest-star on The Flash and Supergirl cross-over episodes in this thread:  Darren's TV Projects for 2017

In other news:

Darren changed his Twitter Profile:

Darren’s updated Twitter profile
January 23, 2017
via dailydarrennews

And he changed photos on his Facebook page:

Darren updated his Facebook profile pic and cover photo 1/23/17
via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's Schedule:

January 27-29.          BroadwayCon.  NYC.   For tickets:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/broadwaycon-2017-registration-23224580345?aff=bwayweekarticles

February 11.              Night of Stars concert.  (FL).  For tickets:  561-832-7469 or visit the official website at http://www.kravis.org/,  or
                                  http://www.kravis.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=performances.calendar&series_id=1&dspmonth=2&dspyear=2017&CalendarInput=&monthYearJump=2%2F1%2F2017

April 2017.                 University of Michigan Bicentennial Celebration.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews

Some pics of Darren, courtesy of Alex of DCN (thanks Alex!).  I will post a couple of the pics.  Go to Alex's blog to see all the pics:  darrenkey

darrenkey:
    [UHQ] Actor Darren Criss arrives at the unveiling of the remodeled Century Plaza in Los Angeles California | January 19, 2017.
via dailydarrennews

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From DarrenCrissArmy:

Darren tweeted: 

He must be filming the musical crossover for The Flash and Supergirl!  :happy face

Various other tweets, one humorous and one supporting John Mayer (via DarrenCrissArmy):

(Source: twitter.com)

The Criss Project's charity fundraiser for The Trevor Project, in honor of Darren's 30th birthday:

Be a part of The Criss Project’s Trevor fundraiser in honor of Darren’s 30th Birthday! bit.ly/tcp-30
DarrenCrissArmy

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennnews:

John Hurt passed.  He has such a long and illustrious career.  I remember being blown away by his acting in Elephant Man (film).  Such an amazing actor.

January 28 2017

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Some pics of Daren and Chuck:

# Repost wineenthusiast

Surprise performance by Glee star @darrencriss and brother and musician @charlescriss singing ‘Wine and Roses’ to kick off the #WineStar awards ceremony! http://ift.tt/2joRM70
DarrenCrissArmy

# Repost jackistrum    I still think Generator ^ Second Floor would have worked as an encore. @freelancewhalesagram @charlescriss @darrencriss #winestar #wine @wineenthusiast  http://ift.tt/2jPr2ZQ
DarrenCrissArmy 

From dailydarrennews:

charlescriss: not my rolls royce, but that’s definitely my yacht. #yachtlife

darrencriss Will Smith told us to come here.

Darrencriss: Yeah, I thought about it

@moonstruckblack: @DarrenCriss gives the best hugs heart

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Some pics of Darren, his bro Chuck, and Ricky.  

From dailydarrennews:

At the Wine Star event.

imalexnorton: Living our karaoke dreams and not making any song choice mistakes

Nice pic at another event:

@Villaazur: A true pleasure to have the legendary actor,singer &songwriter, #DARRENCRISS with us during last night’s resounding #VillaAzurForHer soirée.
dailydarrennews

A day of fun in the sun with the boys.    The sky and the water look so beautiful.   So nice to see them having fun.  :happy face

rockerrick #rickyjumpsoverstuff #withfriends #dadbod
January 31 2017
dailydarrennews

lilmarzipan: #rickysquatsonstuff
dailydarrennews

From DarrenCrissArmy:

Darren’s Snapchat video from Miami Beach 1/31/17. ( darrencriss)
DarrenCrissArmy

And some videos from DarrenCrissArmy of Darren performing at the Wine Star event:

Clip of Darren singing Faith via carriegeorgette IG Story 1/30/17 instagram.com/carriegeorgette
DarrenCrissArmy

Clip of Darren singing Faith via imalexnorton IG Story 1/30/17 instagram.com/imalexnorton
DarrenCrissArmy

Clip of Darren singing Faith via Ricky’s South Beach IG Story 1/30/17 instagram.com/rickyssobe
DarrenCrissArmy

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Darren's looking good!

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Darren's Schedule:

February 11.              Night of Stars concert.  (FL).  For tickets:  561-832-7469 or visit the official website at http://www.kravis.org/,  or
                                  http://www.kravis.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=performances.calendar&series_id=1&dspmonth=2&dspyear=2017&CalendarInput=&monthYearJump=2%2F1%2F2017

April 7, 2017.              University of Michigan Bicentennial Celebration.   Tickets on Sale Feb. 3 (9 am EST at the Michigan Union Ticket Office and 10 am EST online):  
                                   http://arts.umich.edu/news-features/tickets-for-u-ms-star-studded-true-blue-bicentennial-event-to-go-on-sale-feb-3/

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From DarrenCrissArmy:

standproudtoday wrote:

For Darren’s 30th

standproudtoday:

Darren is turning 30 soon and we thought of a little something to send him lots of love from all over the place~

We are making a video and to add a little ‘personal’ touch we decided to do the following, in order to match Darren’s “languages are a big hobby of mine”:

1.) send us a video in which you wish Darren happy birthday in YOUR language (it doesn’t matter if it’s English, French, Korean or whatever language..)
Tell us where you are from and what you said so we can add the subtitles for him.

2.) if you don’t want to send a video, but still wish to participate: send us a picture, and write happy birthday - again, in your language - and where you are from - we will include it just like any video.

Send your video to    standproudtoday@gmail.com
(in order to keep the quality of the video/picture intact) until the 4th of February (as soon as possible please)

Please help us spread the word and include as many people as possible~ We want to show Darren our support. Thank you

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
#Darrenturns30
via DarrenCrissArmy

Reminder of the Criss Project's charitable fundraiser for ACLU and/or The Trevor Project for Darren's 30th birthday.  Only a few days left!

NEW exclusive design for our final week! Proceeds from this design benefit ACLU. represent.com/store/tcp

Help The Criss Project celebrate Darren’s 30th birthday by raising $3000 for charity! Donate directly to Trevor (bit.ly/tcp-30) or ACLU (bit.ly/tcp30aclu), or purchase a shirt to benefit either charity!

One week to go!
DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews:

The CrissFundraiser for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS for Darren's 30 th birdthday:

Darren Criss Birthday Fundraiser wrote:
Darren Criss Birthday Fundraiser 2017

Every donation to BroadwayCares, however big or small, helps a man, woman, and/or child afflicted with HIV/AIDS, including Broadway community at large afflicted with HIV/AIDS. 

Until the end of today (January 31st, 12:00 am PST), make a $5 donation and DOUBLE your chance to win items in our Raffle!

dailydarrennews

February 01 2017

From the Wine Star event:

Cute pic:  :happy face 

fallenjunkie:
   calhounwine: Katie Calhoun ran into some SF natives, Darren and Chuck Criss, at the Wine Enthusiast’s Wine Star Awards! #winestarawards #wineenthusiast
(via mypatronusismalec)
dailydarrennews

wineenthusiast

dailydarrennews:

wineenthusiast Surprise performance by Glee star @darrencriss and brother and musician @charlescriss singing ‘Wine and Roses’ to kick off the #WineStar awards ceremony!

charlescriss had a blast singing “Days of Wine and Roses” with @darrencriss at the #WineStar awards in Miami. Take me back!

jackistrum I still think Generator ^ Second Floor would have worked as an encore. @freelancewhalesagram @charlescriss @darrencriss #winestar #wine @wineenthusiast

“Chuck Criss (left) and Darren Criss (right) captivate the audience with a rendition of the classic song ” Days Of Wine And Roses".“ [Source]

Darren sighting:  :happy face

fallenjunkie:

ali_tylerr: Sometimes ya take a red eye and are blessed with @darrencriss

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
ha.  :amused  Darren versus social media. 

From DarrenCrissArmy:

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

Darren showing his love for Dear Evan Hansen:

February 03 2017

dusty001

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
He's advertising kitchen gloves?

Lin

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
@Poppy wrote:ha.  :amused  Darren versus social media. 

From DarrenCrissArmy:

I can relate, you have no idea how long it took me just to write this post. too scary

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
dusty wrote:
He's advertising kitchen gloves?

ha!  :big grin

@Lin wrote:I can relate, you have no idea how long it took me just to write this post.

Oh no!   :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dailydarrennews:

February 03 2017

And a good video of Darren doing karaoke in FL.  :happy face

January 30, 2017

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Tomorrow is Darren's 30th birthday!  heart

From dailydarrennews:
crissfundraiser: wrote:
crissfundraiser:

TODAY IS THE LAST FULL DAY TO DONATE

Darren turns the big 30 in less than 24 hours, and our campaign to raise money for BroadwayCares/Equity Fights AIDS commences at 12 noon (pst) TOMORROW. 
Donate as little as $5 TODAY to not only make a thoughtful contribution to an amazing organization, but be eligible for a drawing in our Raffle, which we will hold next week at a scheduled time!
40% of all RedBubble sales go to BCEFA, too!
BCEFA is an HIV/AIDS-related organization with proceeds directly benefiting men, women, and children within and outside of the Broadway community. Donations go toward health facilities, resource centers, grants, and assisted living benefits for Equity members with HIV. In 2015 and 2016, a percentage of proceeds from Elsie Fest benefitted @bcefa, too!
Thank you again for your thoughtful donations thus far. Time’s running out. So let’s give it all we’ve got!
February 04 2017   (Source)

And just to update on The Criss Project's fundraiser for Darren's 30th Birthday:

@TheCrissProject
Guys... WE DID IT!!!!!!  Goal met!! Thank you to EVERYONE who contributed in any way!  heart

I'm proud of both these fundraisers done in the name of Darren's 30th birthday!  Thank you so much to organizers of both fundraising drives!  Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, The Trevor Project, and ACLU are all wonderful causes in need of support!!   Darren would be so proud.  bow to you  celebrate

From Darren Criss Army:

ha! I can "shoyu" the world.   :amused  ("Shoyu" is soy sauce.)

darrencriss 2/4/17
DarrenCrissArmy

Some wonderful fans created birthday gif sets for Darren's 30th birthday!   :happy face

krisjstew:
   happy 30th birthday, darren everrett criss! heart
via gottalivealoha (thank you Lilikoiluv!)

“The power of a smile goes along way. My mom taught me that.” - Darren Criss

Happy Birthday Darren ⌒♡
na-page

Last edited by Poppy on Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
TODAY IS DARREN'S 30TH BIRTHDAY!!!   celebrate clapping hands :bravo    Yea!!!

Birthday Greetings from friends and colleagues: :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

@neilmeron: #HappyBirthday to one of my favorite people, @DarrenCriss Hope you have a special day, my friend. Sending Love.

Meredith Stepien (StarKid): 

merediddys: Happy happy birfdeee Darren!!! Hope you’re having the best day!! I’m proud of ya, you know. Just proud!!! You’re doing cool fun things and I hope your special day is the best!!

Lauren Lopez:  :happy face

slowpez8:Happy birthday to a v cool friend.

I don't think I've seen this pic before.  Cute.  It's always nice to see old pics.   Denise Donovan (StarKid):

ihavelosttheabilitytoeven:
   thedeedsdonovan: Happy Birthday, you filthy animal.

Aw, nice pic, with cute background, and silhouette and Darren on stage.  Jaime Lyn Beatty (StarKid):  :happy face

jlbeatty: Happy #posthumous birthday to @darrencriss! Your 20s may be dead but I’m glad YOU are still alive! Love u!

haha!  Good job, Michael Hitchcock!  :big grin

@hitchmichael: In honor of @DarrenCriss’s birthday and the Lady Gaga halftime show, here’s Darren channeling Gaga. Happy birthday, sir!

masontrueblood: I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: One of the most talented and hard-working dudes in this industry. If you’ve spent any amount of time in conversation with this guy you know what I’m talking about. Always inspiring. Always a gentleman. Deserves all the good things heading his way! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Darren

Alex Brightman is a Broadway star.  Not sure if they knew each other earlier?

@LenaRockerHall: Happy birthday to my ex-wife!!! @DarrenCriss welcome to 30!

Darren’s 30th Birthday Masterpost: Friends (Part 1)
Neil Meron | Hedwig On Broadway | Meredith | Michael Hitchcock | Jaime Lynn | Elsie Fest | Mason Alexander Park | Craig Zadan | Lena Hall

dailydarrennews

Darren’s 30th Birthday Masterpost: Press (Part 1)
DA MAN | Culturalist | Broadway.com | Dramatists Guild | Hollywood Today Live | Broadway Cares | SHN | FOX | Playbill | Popwrapped

dailydarrennews  (Part 2??)

From DarrenCrissArmy:

# Repost @elsiefest - ‪Wishing an awesome birthday to this rockstar, #ElsieFest co-creator, Mr. #darrencriss!  8)   http://ift.tt/2kgbOQb

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Aw, I love the spirit of support between these two groups fundraising in the name of Darren's 30th birthday!    @TheCrissProject is encouraging people to help raise the remaining $175 needed for @crissfundraiser to reach their goal:

@TheCrissProject: Can anyone help push them towards their goal? So close! Great to see fans come together in Darren's honor!  heart
@crissfundraiser:   We're now at $2,825! Although the threshold for earning raffle tix has ended, we're just $175 from our goal of $3K! https://donate.broadwaycares.org/fundraise?fcid=827066 …

@crissfundraiser congratulated @TheCrissProject for reaching their goal--that's being supportive!

@TheCrissProject:   You too! You're so close!
@crissfundraiser:     Congrats on all your success!!!

Yea!  Look at how much  money both these groups raised for these great causes:

The crissfundraiser has raised $2,825 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS on behalf of Darren's 30th birthday!   Congrats!  Link to donate more (they need $175 to meet their goal):  https://donate.broadwaycares.org/fundraise?fcid=827066

Congrats to @TheCrissProject!  They raised $3,224 for The Trevor Project and the ACLU on behalf of Darren's 30th birthday:

@TheCrissProject  Together we raised $3224.30 in honor of Darren's 30th birthday!
For @TrevorProject: $2224.30
For @ACLU: $1010

Some more cute birthday greetings from Darren's fans.  I love to look at these.  Thank you! 

wxyz1234533:
    Happy 30th Birthday Darren! I hope your special day will bring you lots of happiness, love and fun! ​​​​
via darrencriss-gif

Happy birthday Darren !
darrencriss-gif

belleofthesouth

Happy 30th Birthday Darren Criss
     February 5, 2017
via darrencriss-gif

shumsharry:
   Happy 30th Birthday, Darren Criss
via darrencriss-gif

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
Happy birthay Darren celebrate

You're old, now :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
haha!  You're so funny, Jeremy.  thumbs up 

It is funny to think that I've been a fan of Darren for over five years.  I don't even remember when I started to follow Darren, but it probably was sometime during the end of season 2 of Glee, or beginning of season 3, so at least since early 2012.  I know others have been following him since his StarKid days (2009?  2010?).    It's nice to know (but no surprise) that he has such loyal fans. 

From DarrenCrissArmy:

I never saw this video before.  Cute.  :happy face

Betsy Wolfe ‏@BetsyWolfe

Happy Birthday to the one and only @DarrenCriss  #oneyearago
via Darren Criss Army

Aw, I knew Joaquin would say Happy Birthday to Darren.  :happy face 

DarrenCrissArmy

This is so cute!  I Love how she had captured so many of his roles.  Big fan of her art. heart

sunshunes:
    @darrencriss I wish you a wonderful birthday! Thank you for bringing so many inspiring characters to life!
DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews, a birthday video:

Such a sweet message from Mason Alexander Park.  You can also see Mia.  Gleekto and others believe the other man is Michael Thomas Grant, who Darren had sung with.  So sweet to see how happy Darren is singing this StarKid song, "Granger Danger." 

masonalexanderpark: Wishing a happy freakin birthday to my sister from another mister, @darrencriss  This night I proclaimed that there would be no Darren Criss on Glee without A Very Potter Musical, and we proceeded to have a jam session to the very silly show that completely changed my life as a teen. So thankful to have this talented and loving man in my life. #happybirthday #darrencriss #averypottermusical
dailydarrennews
via coolbetoday

I thought I also would post this about Mason Alexander Park's conversation with one of Darren's fans.  As she says, this just confirms my belief that Darren is such a beautiful soul--the main reason why I am such a big fan of his (along with his talent and quirky personality).  heart heart heart
i-and-my-annabel-lee wrote:
i-and-my-annabel-lee:

I think I’ve never shared this here but the video Mason just posted reminded me of this…when I went to see Hedwig in LA, my sister, a friend of mine and I had the chance to talk for a bit to Mason when he came out of the stage door and he was the sweetest. We chatted for a while and he told us how amazing, kind and sweet Darren is, especially as a coworker. Like he told us how, even if he never got to actually play Hedwig in SF nor LA, Darren let him handle the rehearsals so that he could be prepared and be ready and that he made him (and everybody else) feel important in the process. Like, he made sure to point out how genuine and nice he is and how working with him is a beautiful thing since he makes sure to always make everybody feel included. I was honestly bursting with pride. I’m so happy to be a fan of such a good person :big grin
via gleekto

Another birthday wish from a StarKid friend.  :happy face

mypatronusismalec:
    abrunetti1: Happy birthday, @darrencriss! You’re a great friend and I am always blown away by your talent and hospitality. Some of my favorite gigs have been your shows! Until next time! Love ya!
via gottalivealoha (thank you Lilikoiluv!)

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Lin

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
Thanks for posting all the sweet birthday messages, Poppy!
@Poppy wrote:Such a sweet message from Mason Alexander Park.  You can also see Mia.  Gleekto and others believe the other man is Michael Thomas Grant, who Darren had sung with.  So sweet to see how happy Darren is singing this StarKid song, "Granger Danger." 

masonalexanderpark: Wishing a happy freakin birthday to my sister from another mister, @darrencriss  This night I proclaimed that there would be no Darren Criss on Glee without A Very Potter Musical, and we proceeded to have a jam session to the very silly show that completely changed my life as a teen. So thankful to have this talented and loving man in my life. #happybirthday #darrencriss #averypottermusical
dailydarrennews
via coolbetoday

I love this so much! :love
Must be bizzare for Darren to meet people in his regular/work life who not only are aware of the show, but know it the the point of being able to sing along to the songs because it had a real impact on their lives.

@Poppy wrote:Alex Brightman is a Broadway star.  Not sure if they knew each other earlier?

Going by DDN, they "don't really know each other" as of August 2015, but met at least twice since then. Razz
Spoiler:

Alex Brightman from the upcoming Broadway musical School of Rock is giving a q&a via Playbill’s Twitter account

Darren Criss, Alex Brightman and Jenna Ushkowitz at Dear Evan Hansen Opening Night | Playbill.com

HQ | Darren Criss poses backstage at the hit musical based on the film School of Rock

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
My pleasure, Lin!  :happy face

@Lin wrote:I love this so much!
Must be bizzare for Darren to meet people in his regular/work life who not only are aware of the show, but know it the the point of being able to sing along to the songs because it had a real impact on their lives.

Yes, it's a very sweet video.  And yes, to see the joy on Darren's face, is touching, because he's so happy that they know the words to this StarKid song!  You see Mason breaking out into a big smile when he sees how happy Darren is.   I also like the cute interaction between Mia and the guy who people think is Michael Thomas Grant.  The video feels very personal.  And the message from Mason Alexander Park, is very touching.  I love reading people's messages about how much StarKid and Darren meant to them when they were young.  heart 

Thanks Lin, for researching Alex Brightman.  :happy face

From dailydarrrennews:

So cute of Darren to thank "Jake and Maggie."  Wonder what they did to help Darren get back to the set of The Flash? 

A belated birthday greeting from Ashley Weston:  :happy face

ashleypweston A day late, but nevertheless, HAPPY BIRTHDAY D!!!!! I still remember the day we met on set just before your first episode of Glee premiered   It’s been a crazy fun ride and I can’t wait to see what your 30s hold!  heart #HappyBirthday #DarrenCriss #DirtyThirty

Darren's Schedule

March 20 & 21           Supergirl and The Flash Musical Crossovers (on the CW)

April 8, 2017.             University of Michigan Bicentennial Celebration.   Tickets on Sale Feb. 3 (9 am EST at the Michigan Union Ticket Office and 10 am EST online):  
                                  http://arts.umich.edu/news-features/tickets-for-u-ms-star-studded-true-blue-bicentennial-event-to-go-on-sale-feb-3/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum