Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Television Critics Association (TCA 2017).   American Crime Story:  Versace (August 9, 2017)

I didn't have a chance to post these pics earlier, so thought I would post them now.

Sometimes it looks like Darren was in character (of Andrew Cunanan)--he looks a bit intense.   (If someone looked at me in this way, I would blurt out, "I'm sorry!  I won't do it again!":amused )

endlesslyklaine:

[38 UHQ] Darren Criss and the cast of ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story’ speak onstage during the FX portion of the 2017 Summer Television Critics Association Press Tour at Fox Studios on August 9, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.

via dcriss-archive

edgarramirez25: Like a deer caught in the headlights Cómo guacharo encandilado…otra vez #ACSVersace #TCA17

via dcriss-archive

Darren has such an expressive face (I think it has to do with his large anime-like eyes and his dramatic eyebrows).  In the first pic, he looks a bit scary and intense, and even more so in the pic that is 3rd from the top.  In the last pic, he looks sad. 

[LQ] Darren Criss, Edgar Ramirez, Tom Rob Smith, Ricky Martin, Brad Simpson, and Ryan Murphy of ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story’ TV show panel, TCA Summer Press Tour, Los Angeles, USA - 09 Aug 2017 | Source

via dcriss-archive

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
I think these pictures are great. The second one may be my favourite.

"Anime-like eyes" :laughing

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
ha!  I may have been exaggerating a little bit.  :amused Rolling Eyes

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
A dramatic official glimpse:

AmericanCrimeStoryFX @ACSFX

The Assassination of Gianni Versace, the next installment of FX’s award-winning American Crime Story, premieres in 2018. #ACSVersace

September 5, 2017

via Darren Criss Army

This looks like the figure of Cunanan?

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, coming early 2018   http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/american-crime-story

via Darren Criss Army

From dcriss-archive:

Link

September 5, 2017

Note:  The Assassination of Gianni Versace:  American Crime Story is written by Tom Rob Smith (who also is an Executive Producer).

Note:  Having some technical problems.  Some pics are not showing.  confused

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
I love the teaser.

I hope nobody got an heart attack hearing the gunshots :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I was expecting something to happen, most likely gunshots, but still, the sudden sharp sounds of the gunshots, and the image of all the startled doves did cause me to jump.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Some nice media coverage (Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Entertainment Weekly, BroadwayWorld, Just Jared, Out, GayTimes) of the trailer video.   Will post more later.  :happy face

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
-

nowthisnews: The first teaser trailer for the second season of ‘American Crime Story’ is finally here

via dcriss-archive

Harpers Bazaar wrote:
The First Trailer For The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story Is Here

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story doesn’t premiere until 2018, but the previews are already starting to roll in. FX just shared the first teaser trailer of AHS’s second season, and though it’s short, it’s nonetheless chilling.

The 20-second clip features the late fashion designer’s iconic Miami home. The camera pans out in silence, but then two gunshots break the quiet, sending a flock of doves flying from behind the mansion’s gates.

Following 2016’s acclaimed The People v. O.J. Simpson, American Crime Story returns for a second season focusing on Gianni Versace’s murder by Andrew Cunanan in 1997. The series boasts a star-studded cast with Edgar Ramirez as the eponymous designer, Darren Criss as his killer, Ricky Martin as his partner Antonio D'Amico and Penelope Cruz as his sister Donatella Versace.

Other media coverage:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a12184657/gianni-versace-american-crime-story-teaser/?src=socialflowTW

https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=VIDEO-Check-Out-Teaser-for-AMERICAN-CRIME-STORY-ASSASSINATION-OF-GIANNI-VERSACE-20170906

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/06/american-crime-story-versace-teaser/

https://www.out.com/popnography/2017/9/06/gun-shots-echo-first-versace-american-crime-story-teaser

http://www.justjared.com/2017/09/05/the-assassination-of-gianni-versace-american-crime-story-gets-first-teaser-trailer-watch-now/

http://attitude.co.uk/check-out-the-just-released-preview-of-the-assassination-of-gianni-versace-american-crime-story/

http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/85863/heres-first-trailer-assassination-gianni-versace-american-crime-story/

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Oooohhh!  This is exciting!  applause   I can't wait!!!  :happy face 

Source  (https://twitter.com/aharris0922/status/909586725781082112 )

September 17, 2017

via dcriss-archive

FXNetworks: After a year of bests…The best is yet to come. See what’s coming next to FX.

via dcriss-archive

And some shorter excerpts (Versace edits):

jenndesq:
    teeny clip of acs versace!

via dcriss-archive

Darren Edit | Source

Source:  https://twitter.com/FXNetworks/status/909604912186535936

-

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
He's gonna be so great in that role bow to you

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I am so looking forward to this!  :love :very happy

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Another promo video.  :happy face

jaded-idealism:
   americancrimestoryfx Truth cannot be buried. The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story premieres in 2018 on FX. #ACSVersace

September 20, 2017

via dailydcrissnews

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I can't wait to see this (even though I'm scared to watch wha? ).

dailydcrissnews:

DarrenCriss: Proud and excited to be part of the @FXNetworks family. #ACSVersace http://darrencriss.me/FX_STC
September 23, 2017

via darrencrissonline

P.S. I just wanted to add that I like the camera angle of the promo video in the previous post (see above), where the point of view is coming from the direction of the casket.  Quiet, yet dramatic.

From darrencrissource:

September 23, 2017

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From Darren Criss Army:

Aw, Gaten showing his support.  :happy face

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dcriss-archive:

Aw, this is nice.   :happy face

OceanDrive wrote:
Ricky Martin on Fatherhood, Activism, and His Star Turn on 'American Crime Story'

September 27, 2017

To be able to work with Edgar Ramirez, Penelope Cruz and Darren Criss, I mean, are you kidding me?

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Some pics taken by paparazzi while Darren is filming Versace.

From dcriss-archive:

Darren Criss Continues Filming ‘Versace’ on Malibu Beach - September 28, 2017

Link:  http://www.justjared.com/2017/09/28/darren-criss-continues-filming-versace-on-malibu-beach/

-

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
This time, I like the outfit :amused

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
A  few more pics taken by paparazzi while on the Versace set.  Those clothes look so big on him.  With her character being in her bathrobe and slippers, I'm wondering if the clothes that Cunanan is wearing were loaned to Cunanan and then he left.   He looks sad.

From dcriss-archive:

UHQ pics of Darren Criss on the set of ‘Versace: American Crime Story’ on September 1st.
(one)(two)(three)

UHQ pics of Darren Criss on the set of ‘Versace: American Crime Story’ on September 1st.
(one)(two)(three)

(one)(two)(three)

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dcriss-archive:

In this interview with Julie James, Darren talked about Ryan Murphy and Versace:

strangetinydoeeyed:

Darren Criss on Broadway Names with Julie James (9/30/17) [part 2 / part 1]

via dcriss-archive

It's really interesting to hear Darren talk about working on Versace.  I'm so happy for him.  It's heartwarming to hear how much it means to him to be working on this Ryan Murphy project.

"This is why people are obsessed with Ryan Murphy."

"It's pretty extraordinary to see him" [to see Ryan in action on Versace].

[About Ryan Murphy's talent]:

"Oh shit, . . . you are really  good at this." 

"Working with Ryan and see him do his thing and me getting to kind of get in the ring with him is really, really, really a treat."

"It is the most exhilarating job I've ever had.  I've been waiting for this moment my whole life .  I'm so excited to go to work every day.  I'm just feel so overwhelmed with gratitude to be a part of such a prestigious project.  It's crazy."

More photos by paparazzi of Darren on the Versace set (via dcriss-archive).  To see more pics, go to this tumblr:  endlesslyklaine

endlesslyklaine:
     [21 HQ] Darren Criss on the set of ‘Versace: American Crime Story’ on September 26th.

endlesslyklaine:
     [21 HQ] Darren Criss on the set of ‘Versace: American Crime Story’ on September 26th.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dcriss-archive:

The dichotomy of Cunanan's  body language and facial expression versus her joyfulness is interesting.

endlesslyklaine:
    [21 UHQ] Darren Criss on the set of ‘Versace: American Crime Story’ on September 1st.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
I forgot to add this earlier interview with Broadway.com in the Versace thread.

Broadway.com wrote:
The Sit-Down by Broadway.com by Broadway.com on Apple Podcasts

Editor-in-Chief Paul Wontorek sits down with GLEE star and Broadway favorite Darren Criss (HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING, HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH) to chat about the upcoming Elsie Fest. In its third year, Criss’ ELSIE FEST is a concert celebrating musicals, featuring stars and songs from Broadway and beyond. Criss also discusses his involvement in the upcoming new installment of Ryan Murphy’s FX series AMERICAN CRIME STORY: THE ASSASSINATION OF GIANNI VERSACE, in which he plays serial killer Andrew Cunanan.

This interview originally aired on The Broadway.com show, which you can watch on YouTube, Facebook, smartTV apps and on Broadway.com.

September 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM
via Darren Criss Army

Please click on the link and listen on iTunes as well:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-sit-down-by-broadway-com/id1283326171?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

It's interesting to hear Darren talk about Versace and his communications with Ryan Murphy about being cast in it.  Love hearing Darren talking about how this is such a big break for him and that he is so very excited/exhilarated about this project.  He said it seems that he waited his whole life for an opportunity like this--and it is so overwhelmingly important to him.  I like how he talks about the major milestones of his career:  StarKid was a launching pad.  Glee was a catapult.  And Versace is his big break.   :cry   He talked about how he and Ryan discussed it very early on, then some time passed, Darren had sold his pilot script for "Royalties,' and was working on another "thing" when he read an announcement about Versace American Crime Story.  So he contacted Ryan and they talked it out, and then that other "thing"/project then was put on the backburner, so that Darren could focus on working on Versace.   ( I still think that this other "thing"/project is "Royalties," especially since in this interview, he actually mentioned about the very same time he was so happy about selling the pilot script for "Royalties" was when he found out that Ryan was about to work on Versace.   But we shall see. . . :happy face )   Darren also stressed that the real life story surrounding Versace is very tragic.  And he gives more clarification about why he posted that instagram (haha!  Paul:  "So what's going on . . . you didn't have enough followers?").   I always appreciate how supportive Paul Wontorek is of Darren.  It's so nice to hear Paul being so enthusiastic about both Elsie Fest and Darren being cast in Versace

The Sit-Down by Broadway.com - Darren Criss : Broadway.com

September 21, 2017

via darrencrissource

The audio (see above) is based on an interview that Darren did with Paul Wontorek of Broadway.com on August 4, 2017 (starting Point 16:38).  However, the audio seems longer, and the video seems edited so that it is shorter.  Warning:  If you are at work, etc., this video does contain that Instagram that Darren posted (about being sunburned etc), along with a paparazzi photo of Darren while filming Versace wearing a speedo.

-

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
The suggestion at first is a body bag, but it proves to be a suit bag (because Versace= fashion).   The background noise:  It sounds like police calling in the crime scene?  So simple, yet so well done. 

AmericanCrimeStoryFX: A dark obsession. A startling truth. The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story premieres in 2018 on FX. #ACSVersace

via dcriss-archive

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dcriss-archive:

It's getting closer . . . :big grin   Just a few more months!

9-1-1 on FOX Updates: The FOX/FX press tour (TCA) will take place on January 4/5, 2018. We can expect info on #911Fox, #AHS8, #FeudFX, #ACSVersace, etc.

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dcriss-archive:

gleekto:

Source

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
-

A very nice comment about Darren:  :happy face

October 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/kurtdef/status/923087457884573696

He was on the set for the episode that Matt Bomer directed (Anderson brothers!)

Ricky Martin wrote:It’s a really cool series, beautifully written. A bit dramatic but it’s an honor for me to be working with incredible actors and actresses like Penelope Cruz, Edgar Ramirez, Darren Criss, people that I love, that I respect and it was an amazing experience. I can’t wait for you to check it out. It’s very dramatic but very uplifting at the same time. And we’re going to touch on some subjects that are very important. When I work on these scenes I just think about the world healing - that’s how powerful this series is going to be.
Ricky Martin (via gleekto)

(From this YouTube video:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExLdUMUw204 )

I appreciate Ricky's words about Puerto Rico.  I'm thankful about Ricky's fundraising for the people of Puerto Rico.

-

*Jeremy*

Advanced Member I
Advanced Member I
Glad to hear that the show will also be "very uplifting".

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Yes, that is nice to hear!

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dcriss-archive:

October 26, 2017

This is interesting.  The show replicated the Wanted photos.  Amazing.

Darren Criss as Andrew Cunanan in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

(source)

-

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) 75th Anniversary panel at the Paley Center:  TV Game Changers Panel.  October 26, 2017.

From dcriss-archive:

I really admire Ryan that he helps develop young talent.  I'm very grateful that Ryan has given Darren this opportunity.  heart heart heart

acsversace-news:
   Ryan Murphy answers what actors he’s fought for at the TV Game Changers panel (26 October 2017)

via dcriss-archive

Ryan Murphy wrote:
I feel like what my job is to do is to say ‘I see something’ and then to explain what I see. And most of the time that’s a young person, that I see something in that I’m excited by, and I’ve had it over and over and over again. It’s never a ‘no’. It’s a conversation of me having to do my job and explain to the people who are putting up the money what I see. I mean I had it with - so many times - I mean I had it with Sarah Paulson for Marcia Clark. I just, the second I read it I was like I want Sarah to do that and I won’t do it without her. And it was a conversation and everybody listened to me and said ‘okay’. I had it with Lea Michele on Glee…I had it with Matt Bomer on the Normal Heart. I had it recently with Darren Criss on the Assassination of Gianni Versace. Just people that I’ve worked with or young people that I, umm, love - I had it this year with Evan Peters, I had it this year on American Horror Story - where I just see something in them and I say to them 'I just really wanna challenge you. Are you up for it?’ And every artist says 'I am’ and I say 'okay, let’s go.’ And that to me is the best part of my life and my job. It’s the thing I love the most.
Ryan Murphy when asked what actors he’s fought to have at the Television Game Changers Panel (October 2017)

via dcriss-archive

Taken from this YouTube Video:

TV Game Changers
Golden Globes
October 27, 2017

Another quote of  (from the longer YouTube video)at Point 31:00:
Ryan Murphy wrote:I feel . . . a responsibility to say, like who's the next young voice, who's the next person who is different than the mainstream.  So I try to bring those people up.  And I try to work with them on those shows and train them, and talk to them . . .

Note:  He also has some very sweet things to say about how Norman Lear influenced Ryan's career.  It truly was touching to see how touched Norman was to hear Ryan talk about him.  :cry  I also find it touching to hear Ryan talk about how Norman told Ryan early on Ryan's career, that he [Ryan] should keep being unusual and different, that is how you change the world.  (Norman told Ryan "You are  kinda weird and that's great.")   This really fits in with Glee, and how it changed how many people view folks in the LGBTQ community.   Glee represented other under-represented communities such as those with disabilities.  At Point 1:00:20, Ryan talked about how at one of the Glee concerts, he met some kids with physical disabilities in wheelchairs who traveled a distance, despite several obstacles, because the character Artie represented their community.  He talked about how characters can change people's lives, that TV can show people that they matter.  And it definitely fits in with Ryan's new show, Pose, and how people will get to feel that they are getting to know, and I'm sure care about, characters in the transgender community.  I like what Ryan said about showing diversity in TV shows.

Lesley Goldberg: Mini-#Glee reunion at last night’s HFPA TV Game Changers panel…

via dcriss-archive

Lea Michele: HFPA TV Game Changers  @MrRPMurphy @DarrenCriss @Matt_Morrison

leamichele Brother from another mother.. I heart  you @darrencriss

[LQ] Darren Criss attends Hollywood Foreign Press Association Hosts Television Game Changers Panel Discussion at The Paley Center for Media on October 26, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California, part two (source)

via dcriss-archive

[LQ] Darren Criss attends Hollywood Foreign Press Association Hosts Television Game Changers Panel Discussion at The Paley Center for Media on October 26, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California, part one (source)

via dcriss-archive

-

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) 75th Anniversary panel at the Paley Center:  TV Game Changers Panel.  October 26, 2017.

From Darren Criss Army:

GMANetwork wrote:
Hollywood Insider TV's game-changers help celebrate #Globes75

The panelists talked about what television shows they personally enjoy watching. Kelley revealed he’s a big fan of Murphy’s “Feud” while Murphy announced he loves watching Kelley’s “Big Little Lies”, as well as “The Real Housewives.”

Murphy, the 52-year-old writer-director-producer of “Glee,” “American Horror Story” and “American Crime Story,” got reunited with his “Glee” cast that evening what with the presence of Darren Criss, Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison in the audience. Murphy spoke to the audience about his experience with change in the industry. “I never changed. What changed in my life were the executives. When I started, it was tough for me. At work, they would tell me ‘you’re too gay, your writing is too gay, your characters are too gay.’ It was painful for me. By the time I did ‘Glee’ I was still in fight mode but the executives wanted more gay, more of the gay character. I felt very liberated. That has been a great change in my life.”

Criss, who is portraying Andrew Cunanan in Murphy’s “The Assassination of Gianni Versace,” told us that they are not done filming yet and that they filmed a scene pretending to be Baliuag, Bulacan outside Los Angeles. “My mother even dropped by and checked it out,” he revealed.

source

acsversace-news:
   oscar711 BEING THERE…FEELING GREAT…#oscarcorbellaactor#beinginthemoment #actingismylife#tvshow #americancrimestory#comingsoon #grateful #actor #actorslife

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum