Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss's career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Youtube Channel

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Darren's Youtube Channel on Sun May 07, 2017 12:54 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
Please feel free to post about Darren's YouTube channel.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Darren's Music and Musical Performances"), please let me know.

From Darren Criss Army and dailydarrennews:

Darren added on his YouTube channel, some videos of his past song performances at the Troubadour, along with the official audio for all of the songs that are on his Human EP ("Human," "Don't You," "Jealousy," "Not Alone," and ""Sami").

From dailydarrennews:

I like his fluffy hair and the tone of his voice.  :happy face

@DarrenCriss: Throwing it way back to my first ever performance in Los Angeles! A lot has changed in 7 years! Enjoy. http://darrencriss.me/ThrowbackVideos

Darren has added his EP’s official audios on his Youtube channel along with a few videos of his early performances at the Troubadour in 2010. Check it out!

From Darren Criss Army:

2default Re: Darren's Youtube Channel on Sat May 20, 2017 9:55 am

Lilikoiluv

Intermediate Member I
Intermediate Member I
@Poppy wrote:

I'm so happy that Darren's sharing videos from his Troubadour debut and more on his youtube channel! It's always such a gift and so much fun when he remembers he has these accounts and there's a sudden spurt of sharing.  :big grin

I especially enjoy when he shares these rehearsal or just jamming moments,  They're so relaxed and you get to see he and his bandmates/friends interact and share their wonderful musicality.  You can tell that Darren's a perfectionist. 

I find it interesting that Darren can give the impression of being so "laid back" and "happy-go-lucky" and yet also be such a perfectionist--especially with his words and music.

There's so many of these types of videos that I love, but here's a few more: 
I adore Darren's reworked version of Katy Perry's "Part of Me": 

Truth be told, I actually love Darren's soulful version better that the original, which I wasn't familiar with prior to this video.  Darren, Theo, and Joe's harmonies are just lovely.  :cheeky

Here's a short one of Darren and Charlene rehearsing the Klaine version of "White Chirstmas". This was performed even before the Glee episode aired.  

I'm cheating here a bit, but Darren posted this short bts vine of an awesome jam of "There Will Never Be Another You" with the Glee Band: 

So I'll cheat and post the complete version (not from Darren's youtube account) because it's such a joy to watch these these extremely talented people jam: 

Gotta love Darren's innovative wrapper percussion.  Cool

There are several other videos I love, but they're not from Darren's youtube channel so I'll control myself.  :happy face

3default Re: Darren's Youtube Channel on Sun May 21, 2017 1:32 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
@Lilikoiluv wrote:I'm so happy that Darren's sharing videos from his Troubadour debut and more on his youtube channel! It's always such a gift and so much fun when he remembers he has these accounts and there's a sudden spurt of sharing. 

Yes, I love seeing videos of Darren at his Troubadour debut!   I feel like when he does these kinds of things, that he really is taking time and energy to bestow us with some gifts.  Very nice gestures on his part! :love  And I appreciate that very much!

@Lilikoiluv wrote:I especially enjoy when he shares these rehearsal or just jamming moments,  They're so relaxed and you get to see he and his bandmates/friends interact and share their wonderful musicality.  You can tell that Darren's a perfectionist. 

I find it interesting that Darren can give the impression of being so "laid back" and "happy-go-lucky" and yet also be such a perfectionist--especially with his words and music.

When we see these types of videos, it sort of feels like we get to see some rare moments of Darren being in his environment, as you said, of being relaxed and being immersed in doing something he really loves:  Making music and being creative with fellow musicians and friends.  We get to be that fly-on-the-wall, which really does feel like a privilege that Darren generously shares with us.  :happy face

And speaking of sharing, thank you so much Lilikoiluv for sharing with us all these lovely videos!  I don't think I've seen that video of Darren and Charlene rehearsing the Glee version of "White Christmas"!  So fun to see a  past video of Darren for the first time!

I don't really follow Katy Perry much, but I was familiar with her "Part of Me" when it became big, and really liked the song.  So it was nice to see Darren do his own soulful take on the song. 

And thanks for the videos of Darren and the Glee musicians and singers jamming together.  I really like those videos. So many very talented folks!   haha!  Darren's impromptu cookie wrapper percussion! 

Thanks again, Lilikoiluv!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum