Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!")

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, there hasn't been any news about Smitten! for a while.  I googled it and googled Barry Morrow (the director) and didn't find any more updated news.  I hope we hear some news about it early 2017.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

What a coincidence, some Smitten!-related news.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews (thank you!):

Brief clip of Smitten! | source
December 30, 2016
dailydarrennews

Google translate: wrote: 
Little clip of Darren Criss in his next film "Smitten" via Aurélie Gibaru in the IG. Posted on 12/07/2016.

And via Alex of DCN (thanks Alex!)
All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_oj1hjfqoBO1u4l72go1_500

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_oj1hjfqoBO1u4l72go2_500
darrenkey:
     Darren Criss (”Tyler Hutton”) and Ángela Molina (”Signora Corvo”) on the set of the upcoming film “Smitten!”

Cross fingers we get some news of a distributor soon!  :fingers crossed

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please say this is a good sign that Smitten!  will make it to the theaters in 2017!  :fingers crossed :fingers crossed :fingers crossed

From dailydarrennews:

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_om97d2v6ER1uetdyxo1_500
mdunn.nyc: Getting too anxious waiting for the movie Smitten! to come out where I get to play this guy’s assistant!

March 03 2017

Darren's character (Tyler?) is supposed to be a shallow fashion exec, possibly a jerk-type.  I can see Darren, during breaks,  apologizing profusely to this young actor, for being so mean to her when he's in character. :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is a positive sign.   More Smitten! news! thumbs up

From dailydarrennews:

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_omeqcb8D9X1uetdyxo2_500
All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_omeqcb8D9X1uetdyxo1_500
This romantic drama is set in Italy and is directed by Oscar winning director, Barry Morrow (Rainman).   It features a 70 piece orchestra, accordion, mandolins, acoustic guitar, and a children's choir.

Listen to the Smitten soundtrack on american composer Jeff Cardoni’s website

via dailydarrennews

Some more info about Jeff Cardoni, from his website:

JeffCardoni.com wrote:
Jeff Cardoni - bio

He has received several ASCAP Film and Television Awards for his work on the worldwide hit CSI:Miami and was nominated for an Ariel Award for his score to the feature 7 Dias.

[His body of work includes] . . . television scores such the hit Mike Judge comedy Silicon Valley for HBO, CBS drama The Defenders with James Belushi, The Lottery, and the worldwide Jerry Bruckheimer produced hit CSI:Miami.

Jeff is also an active songwriter, penning the theme songs to FX’s The League, MTV’s “Pimp My Ride”, and Fox’s MadTV,  with songs appearing countless films, including "Hard Knock Life" with Mike Myers in Austin Powers, “Long Road Home” featuring Gene Simmons of Kiss for CSI, on camera songs for Fox’s Gotham, The Sweetest Thing with Cameron Diaz, A Walk To Remember, New York Minute and many others.

[. . . ]

Recent scores include Middle School: The Worst Years Of My Life, based on the best selling young adult book by James Patterson and the new ABC comedy Speechless starring Minnie Driver.  Upcoming scores include the Jerry Bruckheimer and Antoine Fuqua  produced Training Day series for CBS, the Netflix dramedy Girlboss, produced by Kay Cannon (Pitch Perfect) and Charlize Theron, comedienne Whitney Cumming’s feature directorial debut The Female Brain, with James Marsden and Sophia Vergara.  

His credits page includes info about Smitten!

JeffCardoni.com wrote:
Credits

Smitten                     
Director: Barry Morrow (Academy Award Winner "Rain Man")
Producer: David Nichols, Julia Rask
Cast: Darren Criss (Glee), Madalina Diana Ghenea, James Remar

I think this is the first time we saw actor James Remar in the credits for the cast (is that right, guys?).   I recognize James Remar when I looked him up.

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 James-remar-240x300
x

He was in Sex and the City, Dexter, and The Vampire Diaries.

JeffCardoni.com wrote:
It features a 70 piece orchestra, accordion, mandolins, acoustic guitar, and a children's choir.

-JeffCardoni.com

Wow.   A 70 piece-orchestra!   Excited to hear about this!

Yay! some Smitten news! Gosh, he looks scrumptious in that clip! It looks pretty funny! Hope it will be released in the cinema here.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I hope it's released in the U.S., the U.K. and internationally too, dusty.  Cross fingers!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Am hoping we see Smitten in the theaters in 2017! 

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_omvah5jrEt1uetdyxo1_500
officialmadalinaghenea: #lifeOnAMovieSet  heart  @darrencriss #darrencriss
via dailydarrennews

Love that pic of the cast/crew relaxing together. And of course Darren is playing his guitar so that everyone can sing.  :big grin

New picture from Madelina's instagram: 
All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_omwivgnJwr1tpkj9wo1_500
officialmadelinaghenea #lifeOnaMovieSet #barrymorrow #darrencriss
tumblr source: x
original source: x 

I can't wait for this film to be released! 

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Ohhhh!  Love that new photo, Lilikoiluv!    Gives us a nice hint of the plot!    Poor Tyler!

Love that photo! He looks so good, even with duck tape! fifty shades of grey, the farm yard version! tongue

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

dusty wrote: He looks so good, even with duck tape! fifty shades of grey, the farm yard version! All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Icon_tongue

haha!  You made me laugh, dusty!  "The farm yard version!"  :laughing

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

YES!  We have some news on Smitten!  Thank you!  Sounds like Smitten! is bound for Cannes Film Festival!  Yea!! clapping hands

From Darren Criss Army:

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_oprlnce62I1ubd9qxo1_1280

Film Sales Company head Andrew Herwitz’s sales slate includes the rom-com Smitten! directed by Barry Morrow, who shared the best original screenplay Oscar for Rain Man in 1989.

Glee’s Darren Criss stars alongside model and TV star Madalina Ghenea. The story takes place in Tuscany, Italy, as a couple overcome obstacles on their way to finding true love.
via Darren Criss Army

Screen Daily wrote:
Bob Shaye, Barry Morrow titles on Film Sales Company Cannes slate

May 9, 2017

EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Herwitz Cannes-bound with Ambition, Smitten!

The Film Sales Company has acquired worldwide sales rights to features directed by two familiar Hollywood names.

[. . . ]

Film Sales Company head Andrew Herwitz’s sales slate includes the rom-com Smitten! directed by Barry Morrow, who shared the best original screenplay Oscar for Rain Man in 1989.

Glee’s Darren Criss stars alongside model and TV star Madalina Ghenea. The story takes place in Tuscany, Italy, as a couple overcome obstacles on their way to finding true love.

The Cannes Film Festival is from May 17-May 28, 2017.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_oq46hv5nlS1uetdyxo1_1280

officialmadalinaghenea: So proud to announce my movie ‘SMITTEN’ has now been officially launched at the Cannes film festival. Rosalia is my first main role in an English speaking movie, a movie directed and written by Academy Award winner Barry Morrow! Big thanks to the whole film crew and especially to Barry and his amazing wife, Birdy! Dreams come true! heart heart heart heart heart heart

May 17, 2017

via dailydarrennews

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Love the film poster :happy face

And Cannes is a good news for him. Maybe he will get some price.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, the poster for Smitten! is cute.  Cross fingers they find at Cannes a distributor for the film.  :fingers crossed

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some pics re: Smitten!, but not sure if there is any new news about the status of the film.

From dcriss-archive:

This man is in the cast of Smitten!

Cesare Vangeli: Ultima foto fine film Fantastica avventura! heart

September 19, 2015

via dcriss-archive

I haven't seen these pics before.  Why were they together in NYC in August 2016?
All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_ot5af53Oys1wpi2k2o1_540 heart

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_ot5af53Oys1wpi2k2o2_400

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_ot5af53Oys1wpi2k2o4_540
Source  (Cesare Vangeli Xchiconosco)

NYC.  August 3, 2016

via dcriss-archive

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_ot8y3xMMUh1wpi2k2o1_1280

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_ot8y3xMMUh1wpi2k2o3_1280
Source

via dcriss-archive

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Haven't heard anything for a long time, so it's nice to hear this bit of news.  From dcriss-archive:

All You Ever Wished For (formerly "Smitten!") - Page 3 Tumblr_p78dx7eAaB1wpi2k2o1_1280
Source

Smitten!  is being released in 2018?? 
The 37th annual Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival (MSPIFF) will be showing Smitten!
Film Society wrote:
SPECIAL GUEST BARRY MORROW, JULIA RASK ATTENDING

A New York fashion executive named Tyler Hutton takes a trip to Milan, expecting a smooth journey. As luck would have it, his trek goes sideways and he is abducted, taken to a mysterious Alpine village and held for ransom. But the cottage where they sleep happens to be under a spell that makes those who reside there fall in love with the first person they see. As you can imagine, the magical hijinks lead to the development of not just one, but four romances.

A hilarious and enchanting spectacle, Smitten! stars actor Darren Criss in the role of Hutton, and features winning performances from Madalina Ghenea and Angela Molina. The film serves as the directorial debut from celebrated writer Barry Morrow, who wrote the story and screenplay for the 1988 Academy Awards Best Picture, Rain Man.

SHOWINGS

St. Anthony Main Theatre 1 Fri, Apr 27 7:15 PM

St. Anthony Main Theatre 1 Sat, Apr 28 4:20 PM

TICKET PRICES

General Public:$14.00

Members:$11.00

Student w/ID (Box Office Only):$8.00

Youth (25 & Under):$8.00

FILM INFO

[. . . ]          

Premiere Status              World Premiere

[. . . ]

Release Year                   2018

Runtime                           88 min

CAST/CREW

Director:                          Barry Morrow

[. . .]                

Producer:                         Francesca Marras
                                        Barry Morrow
                                        David Nichols
                                        Julia Rask
                                        Mary Lynn Staley 
                                        Warren Staley

Cinematogropher:           Stefano Falivene

Screenwriter:                  Barry Morrow

[. . . ]

Composer:                      Jeff Cardoni

Principal Cast:                 Darren Criss
                                       Madalina Ghenea

Source:  https://prod3.agileticketing.net/websales/pages/info.aspx?evtinfo=365865~163a5c15-c3ae-4635-ba12-bbe995cbeb29&epguid=6a267806-cc78-4ea9-a89a-7d6b1a83dc49&

Note:  Go to the Source/Link above to Buy Tickets. 

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Hope it will be released this year, all around the world.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, that would be great!  Cross fingers! :fingers crossed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum