Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smitten!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61default Re: Smitten! on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:38 am

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
From dcriss-archive:

Looking forward (cross fingers) to being able to watch it at some point.  :fingers crossed
Picture This Post wrote:
SMITTEN! Film Review – A Breezy Tale of Love and Magic

May 22, 2018

If you are only familiar with Barry Morrow from his Oscar-winning screenplay for Rain Man, you might not know quite what to expect of his newest film. Smitten! is an hour and a half of goofy fun in the rustic Italian countryside. A little light on plot but full of love, humor, and sincerity, it makes for a decently satisfying mix of romantic comedy and magical realism.

[. . .]

Smitten Supporting Characters Steal the Show

In Criss and Ghenea, Morrow has two talented, charismatic leads.
It is frustrating, then, to see them saddled with such a by-the-numbers storyline. Boy meets girl. Girl is not interested in boy. Boy tries to get in girl’s good graces. Girl slowly warms up to him. Boy makes an obnoxious, grandiose gesture. Girl rejects him again. A thrilling dance scene at the village festival. Ill feelings dispelled, they’re in love! Root for them as you may, it’s hard to believe this happening organically, sans magic.

[. . . ]

These ostensibly ‘side’ stories give Smitten! a robust, sympathetic heart. While some might find Tyler and Rosalia’s narrative a bit less engaging, Criss and Ghenea throw themselves into the roles and bring them to life. The colorful characters of the village, the beautiful countryside, the little flourishes of music and architecture provide a delightful background. All in all, Smitten! is a sometimes silly, usually fun, and always heartfelt movie.

For more information visit the Smitten website
Source:  https://www.picturethispost.com/smitten-film-review/

-

Photo Credit: narmdaddy

62default Re: Smitten! on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Lilikoiluv

Intermediate Member II
Intermediate Member II
It looks like "Smitten!" has been removed from IMDB.com--both the movie and the listing in Darren's profile. I just checked the rottentomatoes.com site too, and the title comes up but all the movie info no longer shows up.  :very confused
I wonder what happened? 

I still hope we'll get to see this movie soon.

63default Re: Smitten! on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Poppy

Administrator
Administrator
That's weird.  I agree, Lilikoiluv, I'm still gonna keep hoping it's released in some form at some point. Cross fingers!

Photo Credit: narmdaddy

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum