Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's TV Projects for 2016

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Thu May 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Darren's TV Projects for 2016.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Darren's TV Projects"), please let me know.  Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Icon_smile

2Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Transformers Robots in Disguise Thu May 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's TV Projects for 2016

December 7, 2016.  Hairspray Live! Facebook Live host; appearances on Hairspray Live! on NBC and The Countdown to Hairspray Live!

2016.  "Transformers:  Robots in Disguise."  (TV) (Voice Role.)

From dailydarrennews:

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_o7snkboaqx1uetdyxo1_500
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_o7snkboaqx1uetdyxo2_500

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Transformers Robots in Disguise at San Diego Comic-Con 2016 (July 21, 2016)

Darren at San Diego Comic-Con:
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaoh3mJsZN1uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaospdxLkg1uetdyxo1_500
@moviegeek03 I’ve always wanted to see @DarrenCriss live and today that happened thanks to #SDCC heart

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaousz3uCS1uetdyxo1_500
Mitchell Whitfield‏ Signing autographs with @willfriedle and @DarrenCriss at the #Hasbro booth… #TransformersRID

nicholasmark Darren Criss singing at the #Transformers panel at #sdcc2016

A few pics with fans:
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaor1cTFUy1uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaor1cTFUy1uetdyxo2_500
a_raz Thanks for the photo-op @darrencriss!! You’re the best. #TransformersRID #glee #SDCC16 #speechless

@marcluscious im brown af next to @DarrenCriss but this was gr8

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaosn7QXp01uetdyxo1_500

@jacquelineyex the sweetest person ever with the voice of an angel!  heart @DarrenCriss #SDCC2016

Yes, this guy's family is seeing Hedwig in SF.  :happy face
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaovkgTrmi1uetdyxo1_500
James Tecson Lim‏ Nice meeting you @DarrenCriss.  The girls can’t wait to watch Hedwig in SF.  Yes, Pinoy mafia! @MsLeaSalonga

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Transformers Robots in Disguise at San Diego Comic-con, July 21, 2016

More of Darren singing.

@Nikkster32 This was too much fun! #TransformersRID in the men’s room! @DarrenCriss @willfriedle @Comic_Con #SDCC2016

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

More pics of fans with Darren at San Diego Comic-Con 2016 (yesterday).  There are some nice comments too.  :happy face

Aw, isn't it like Darren to make a fan happy, even when it's late and he's tired?  He goes above and beyond so many times for his fans.  Such a kind person. 

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oapmubq3e81qeegj9o1_500
dailydarrennews
fallenjunkie:
annasicat: Met @darrencriss tonight at Comic Con  :big grin Was beyond excited! Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me. I know it was the end of the night and I’m sure you were probably already stopped about 100 times for a picture, but you have no idea how happy you made me! Thank you again  :happy face #comiccon2016 #sdcc2016 #thismomentmademylife #darrencriss #stillcantbelieveit

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oap5znqwSl1uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oap5znqwSl1uetdyxo2_500
lijeyeshaveit I love you Darren freaking Criss. The sweetest guy. Had the best conversation. @darrencriss #sdcc

no3lmari3 Just ran into Darren Criss !!! #sdcc #darrencriss

The person who posted the 2nd from the top pic (see above, with the pretty necklace) also sweetly thought of her friend and asked Darren to record a message (which he kindly did). 

lijeyeshaveit .@catlikecatherine Darren Criss says hi! #darrencriss #sdcc #sandiegocomiccon

Aw, her friend thanked her in this tweet:  @Catherine_17

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oap61aoMG51uetdyxo1_500

hey.mikki i’d like to thank not only @darrencriss for being so amazing and kind but also my dad and the quicksilver-loving security guard for bringing me to this moment

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oapmmlGTgF1qeegj9o1_500

fallenjunkie:
rplanos: Partying w Darren Criss from Glee. Who knew he started as voice over talent and is a voice on the animated Transformers project…

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

More pics of Darren with fans at the San Diego Comic-Con 2016.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaqkz236rL1uetdyxo1_500

bellepiansayWhen your girl gets an invite to Comi-con from the executive producer of Batman and she meets the musical man of your dreams. #jealous #myhusband #glee #sdcc @darrencriss I adore you!!!
x

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oaqkz236rL1uetdyxo2_500
x

She called Darren a sweetheart.  heart

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Transformers Robots in Disguise, San Diego Comic-Con (July 21, 2016)

From dailydarrennews:

belleybuttons:
Darren speaking at the Transformers RID panel at San Diego Comic Con 2016

8Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Transformers Robots in Disguise Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:41 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Looked like Darren was in the recording studio with the cast of Transformers Robots in Disguise and loving it.   I'm glad he's enjoying working with this talented group of voice actors.  haha!  It sounds like they have fun kidding each other too.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_obrn6bE6J01uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_obrn6bE6J01uetdyxo2_r1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_obrn6bE6J01uetdyxo3_r1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_obrn6bE6J01uetdyxo4_r1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_obrphrysVC1uetdyxo1_500
Constance Zimmer I  heart being the only girl recording #TRID @kharypayton @DarrenCriss @willfriedle @TroyBakerVA @StuartAllan42 & more!
(via dailydarrennews)

One of the other actors responded:

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_obry34hS7W1ubd9qxo2_1280
via DarrenCrissArmy

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:23 pm

My DVR scheduled a new episode of Transformers, but apparently it's been back for the past month or so, running as a mini-series. :very confused

Fire up Facebook Live and however you watch NBC: Darren will host a BTS tour of Hairspray Live! in the half-hour before it airs on Wednesday. Additionally, he'll include trivia and production tidbits during commercial breaks and via social media, probably on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, maybe Snapchat and other places too. :peace celebration dance!

He did a cute gif of Hairspray (though it's more like face spray, lol) and posted a video on Hairspray's Facebook page.

10Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

DaisiesandLilies, thanks for posting the info about Hairspray Live and Darren's gig as host of a BTS tour of the show.  

Thanks for the link to the cute gif, and the link to Hairspray Live's Facebook video with Darren.  ha!   Maybe someone should have showed Darren how to apply hairspray mostly on his hair, versus on his face.  :amused

How weird that your DVR is showing Transformers as a mini-series.

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total

11Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live! (December 7, 2016) Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Here is more info regarding what DaisiesAndLilies is talking about (thanks again DaisiesAndLilies!):

(from dailydarrennews):

BroadwayWorld.com wrote:
Darren Criss to Serve as Multi-Platform Host Trhoughout NBC's HAIRSPRAY LIVE Broadcast!

November 29, 2016

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oheziivbaQ1uetdyxo1_1280

Giving fans on all platforms an unprecedented behind-the-scenes look at all things HAIRSPRAY LIVE! while also checking in on live viewing parties around the country, multiplatform host Darren Criss will be the conduit for the millions of fans watching NBC's monumental three-hour production on the network and as well as for those following the goings-on via Facebook Live.

Criss will appear several times on the highly anticipated Wednesday, Dec. 7 telecast (8 p.m. ET/PT) with live updates of the activities backstage while also serving as host of an innovative multi-camera production on Facebook Live. The digital companion show will feature 35 unique camera angles of what's happening behind the scenes of the big broadcast as it happens, special access to the cast for their take on making this live spectacle come to fruition, fun facts about all things "Hairspray" and other digital extras to enhance the viewer's experience.

Criss will also check in on '60s-themed live viewing parties across the country hosted by NBC stations - WBAL-TV in Baltimore, KPRC-TV in Houston, WCAU-TV in Philadelphia and WXIA-TV in Atlanta.

At 7:30 p.m., Criss will be making appearances on "The Countdown to Hairspray Live!" special to see how the cast and crew are preparing for the telecast. The show will be hosted by co-stars Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes.

Other "Hairspray Live!" social activations include a custom-elevated social media lounge offering 360-degree views of the "Hairspray Live!" sets where top social media influencers will be able to interact with Criss during live on-air and Facebook check-ins, engage with the live audience, create content from behind the scenes and post to social during the live show. NBC will also be activating from all "Hairspray" and NBC social handles via Instagram, Instagram stories, Twitter, Tumblr and a Snapchat Live Story offering fans an additional inside look at "Hairspray Live!"

Criss most recently reprised his critically acclaimed performance as Hedwig in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" at SHN Golden Gate Theatre in San Francisco and the Hollywood Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles, which kicked off the 2014 Tony Award-winning Best Revival of a Musical's national tour. The New York Times touted Criss as "mesmerizing" when he first stepped into the title role on Broadway in 2015. He's best known for playing Blaine Anderson on the Fox series "Glee." He received an Emmy Award nomination in 2015 for best original music and lyrics for the song "This Time," which appeared in the episode titled "Dreams Come True." As a member of the cast, he was also nominated for two Screen Actors Guild Awards.

Criss' previous credits include "Girl Most Likely," "American Horror Story," "Web Therapy" and "Eastwick." The San Francisco-native is a co-founder of StarKid Productions, a Chicago-based theater company whose works have spurred viral hits, multiple Billboard-charting cast albums and sold-out national tours. He is also the founder of New York City's first show tunes music festival, Elsie Fest.

How great that Darren is involved with Hairspray Live!   So be sure to record "The Countdown to Hairspray Live" on NBC at 7:30 pm on Wednesday, Dec. 7, as well as Hairspray Live.  :happy face

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohfe8argq11uetdyxo1_500
Link to article

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohfcbieZ0s1uetdyxo1_1280
@MaddieBaillio: lookie lookie who’s here ♡ @DarrenCriss

Some nice tweets from Neil Meron and Craig Zadan,.  How nice that shnsf also tweeted.  :happy face  
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohf093VRNV1uetdyxo1_500
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohf093VRNV1uetdyxo2_r1_500
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohf093VRNV1uetdyxo4_r1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohf093VRNV1uetdyxo3_r1_500

dailydarrennews:
Photo
November 29 2016

Tweet from a fellow Warbler:
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oheyxtO3yq1uetdyxo1_500
November 28, 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

12Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live (December 7, 2016) Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:34 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

haha!  Here is that gif that DaisiesAndLilies mentioned (and I agree, DaisiesAndLilies, Darren seems to be spraying his poor face, just as much as spraying his hair :amused ):

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_inline_ohjgiaipim1qb3fmj_500

@DarrenCriss
link to article
dailydarrennews

And as DaisiesAndLilies mentioned, here is the video of Darren posted by Hairspray Live's Facebook:

Hairspray Live: See yourself during Hairspray Live! Comment below for your chance to be featured in Motormouth Records.
dailydarrennews

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohmisjKQPX1uetdyxo1_1280
@neilmeron: Hanging w/ friend & #hairspraylive multi-platform #host @DarrenCriss on #Baltimore St. See who also owns the #UsedCar dealership in the back
December 03 2016
dailydarrennews

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohmmb6uZS81uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohmmb6uZS81uetdyxo2_r1_500

Photo

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live (December 7, 2016) Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hairspray Live!

DarrenCrissArmy comprised a compilation of video clips of the Hairspray Live final dress rehearsal:

Hairspray Live final dress rehearsal via patrickstarrrsnaps 12/6/16
DarrenCrissArmy

Broadway.com wrote:
Hairspray Live! FAQ! Everything You Need to Know to Get the Beat Started

How can I prep for Hairspray Live!?

Hairspray Live! stars Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes will host a live half-hour pre-show, Countdown to Hairspray Live!, airing at 7:30PM on NBC on December 7. The special will give viewers a glimpse into the last-minute backstage preparations before the telecast, as well as a look at the casting process, rehearsals and design of the production. Fellow Broadway.com Audience Choice Award winner Darren Criss will also appear on the pre-show. Psyched? We thought so.

What fun stuff can I do during the broadcast?

Criss will give fans a behind-the-scenes look throughout the broadcast, dropping in during the performance with updates and will also host a Facebook Live digital companion show. Make sure to have all your devices at the ready to watch the broadcast, Criss and (of course) live tweet. If you’re already following us on social media, you know we’re going to have a good time together!
via DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews:

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohryhkqpoA1uetdyxo1_1280
@HairsprayLive: While you’re watching #HairsprayLive, @DarrenCriss will be taking you behind the scenes on Facebook Live. http://bit.ly/HairsprayFB
dailydarrennews

BroadwayWorld.com wrote:

BWW Special Interview: It Takes Two-HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Producers Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Check in From the Set!

BWW:  And it's going to be sort of even bigger, in that you're doing a pre-show for the first time as well as Darren Criss giving special sneak peaks backstage.

Neil: Yeah. I think NBC recognizes the opportunity with the show to experiment with really having a strong presence online. Darren Criss is the perfect person for that because he has such a popular voice online as well as in other places. But, to have that pre-show for a half hour, which is, in essence, a countdown to our broadcast... to have the online presence led by Darren, it kind of turns it into an even bigger event. All these technical aspects are being run out of our production, which adds more work and more responsibility to all of the amazing crew that we have.

BWW:  How much of the Darren Criss stuff are you able to plan in advance?

Neil: That is all being scripted now, in terms of where he's at. A lot of the interactions that he'll have when he's doing his segments are going to pretty much be spontaneous. It is a true second screen experience to enjoy with the program, and that's how audiences today like to view things.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohs7xvO4gS1uetdyxo1_500

@neilmeron: Multi-platform #Host @DarrenCriss rehearses in front of #hairspraylive audience bleachers for tomorrow night in #BackToTheFuture square @nbc

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohsdgpWtEi1uetdyxo1_500

December 06 2016

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohsmf4zAUR1qbool4o1_500
mypatronusisklaine:
Darren on Manny Mua’s snapchat

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohsm0xDPWd1qbool4o1_1280 
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohsm0xDPWd1qbool4o2_1280
mypatronusisklaine:
Darren on Patrick Starr’s snapchat

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live! (December 7, 2016) Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

DarrenCrissArmy

Click on the link below to Hairspray Live's Facebook page to watch Darren on Facebook during Hairspray Live! tonight.  :happy face
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohtzcrNhOk1ubd9qxo1_1280
Hairspray Live: Get the full Hairspray Live! experience when Darren Criss takes us behind the scenes in an exclusive Facebook Live during the show!   http://bit.ly/HairsprayFB
DarrenCrissArmy

Note:  Don't forget to record The Count Down to Hairspray Live! on NBC at 7:30 pm tonight just before Hairspray Live! starts at 8 pm. 

Darren updated his Facebook profile pic. 
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohu0yy6MLA1ubd9qxo1_1280
12/7/16
DarrenCrissArmy

Link to Darren's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/darrencriss

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 pm

I just watched the whole thing. I won't spoil, but you might be able to watch the livestream from the East Coast on this Facebook link. If not, this is the West Coast link.

16Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live! (December 7, 2016) Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:32 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the links, DaisiesAndLilies!  I watched the show on my TV screen and then watched Darren on Facebook during the commercials. 

I had to attend a family event, so wasn't able to tune in until around 7:45 pm (PT), but really, really loved the production.  I felt uplifted with the message.  Darren did wonderfully.  Great job, Darren!  He was likeable, charming, and got the job done.  applause  So glad he was able to be a part of the show.  heart

Love the tweets that wanted him to play a character in the show (although that would have been difficult with him doing the Hedwig tour).  

Jennifer Hudson, omg, such a breathtaking performance, moved me to tears with I Know Where I've Been (and you could see many of the cast also were in tears).  You could see the emotion on her face and she sang with all her heart on display.  Such an appreciated message during our troubling times.  Such a timely show.   I really appreciated the sending of the messages of loving oneself/accepting oneself, and accepting others and embracing our differences, our diversity.  

Maddie Baillio sparkled with charm and a lovely voice.   I enjoyed Ephraim Sykes's voice and dance moves as Seaweed.  Martin Short and Harvey Fierstein have the "it" factor, so enchanting to watch, loved their performance of Timeless to Me.  The entire cast did a great job.  Hope that they get fantastic ratings. 

From dailydarrennews:

This is a lovely pic of Darren on the Hairspray Live! set.
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohudpg6JiW1uetdyxo1_1280
darrencriss “There a light in the darkness…” we’re live now in Facebook Facebook.com/HairsprayLive
dailydarrennews

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuo8d4h771qeegj9o5_500
fallenjunkie:
Photos via Darren Snapchat (December 7th, 2016)

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohufvt7pn31uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss I’m seein double! An OG Tracy Sandwich! @rickilake and @marissajaretwinokur #HairsprayLive

Cute pic of Darren and Kristin.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohucul4tXn1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss This one might be a meanie on #hairspraylive but I promise you, get @kchenoweth on a comfy couch and it’s a cuddle fest. Love this incredible woman.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuasegi2A1uetdyxo1_1280
darrencriss Me pretending to keep it cool in front of insanely talented people that I’m actually freaking out about being in a picture with! @arianagrande & @harvey_fierstein from Hairspray live and @oneelijahkelley from Hairspray movie and last year’s the wiz! #HairsprayLive
dailydarrennews

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohua323z7k1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss Warblers reunite at #HairsprayLive with @res3an & @masontrueblood
dailydarrennews

Note:  Re'Sean Pates was a Warbler in Season 3, and Mason Trueblood in Season 6. 

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohudmcTPE31uetdyxo1_500
Debra Birnbaum .@DarrenCriss and the @HairsprayLive social media hosts high above Baltimore Street

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohubn5KfrC1uetdyxo1_500
Debra Birnbaum Hey, is that @DarrenCriss on Baltimore Street? @HairsprayLive

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuj7cD2Xg1uetdyxo1_500
Hairspray Live! Turn that frown upside down! @DarrenCriss is here to help us survive commercials. http://bit.ly/HairsprayFBLive #HairsprayLive

I like this pic of Darren here.
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohu4ajuhAT1uetdyxo1_500
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohu4ajuhAT1uetdyxo2_500
December 07 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live! (December 7, 2016--NBC) Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:05 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Some videos on Hairspray Live! Facebook:

FACEBOOK:  HAIRSPRAY LIVE!

This is a master post where we will link to each video with Darren on Hairspray Live’s Facebook page:

Introduction

Darren with Ariana Grande

Darren on Baltimore Street

Livestream during the show

via dailydarrennews

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohu6i41fS11uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohulta6OHX1uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohulta6OHX1uetdyxo2_r1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohummwOwk51uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohujaosRBd1uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuibjXCHX1uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuibjXCHX1uetdyxo2_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuibjXCHX1uetdyxo4_500

Note:  Victor Legra is a TV producer of The People's Court, a NYC Theater journalist, and a contributor of Huffington Post. 

Note;  Curtis M. Wong is a Senior Editor of @huffpostqueer.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuibjXCHX1uetdyxo3_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuibjXCHX1uetdyxo6_500

Note:  Henry Goldblatt is Senior Editor of  @EW.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohuibjXCHX1uetdyxo5_500

Note:  Louis Peitzman is a Senior Editor at Buzzfeed News.

Twitter reactions to Darren hosting Hairspray Live! Behind the Scenes [part 2] [part 1]

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohug789OCn1uetdyxo1_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohug789OCn1uetdyxo6_500

Note:  Jarett Wieselman is with Buzzfeed News.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohug789OCn1uetdyxo2_500

Note:  Sean Grandillo is a musician and an actor in the Tony-nominated Spring Awakening. 

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohug789OCn1uetdyxo4_500

Note:  Jason Matheson is a host of @jasonshowtv on FOX Mpls/St.Paul and host of 'Jason & Alexis in the Morning' on myTalk 107.1 FM Twin Cities.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohug789OCn1uetdyxo3_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohug789OCn1uetdyxo5_500

Twitter reactions to Darren hosting Hairspray Live! Behind the Scenes [part 1] [part 2]

dailydarrennews
Note:  Andrew Springer works with Mashable.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:02 pm; edited 3 times in total

18Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live! (December 7, 2016--NBC) Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:31 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Thank you dailydarrennews for compiling this Darren-edit!  thumbs up

Darren hosting Hairspray Live! [Darren only edit]
December 08 2016
dailydarrennews

Darren hosting Hairspray Live! [Darren only edit]
dailydarrennews

yellowdragoneyes:
Darren Criss on Hairspray Live! (& Countdown to Hairspray Live!)
dailydarrennews

An article about NBC's decision to appeal to social media users to watch Hairspray Live!

Variety wrote:
Inside 'Hairspray Live's' Social Media Push

Fresh off his starring run in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” at L.A.’s Pantages Theater, Criss was chosen for his appeal to the target demo for the musical. “We got really lucky,” Rob Hayes, NBC’s EVP of digital, tells Variety. “He’s a massive Broadway fan.” Criss was tasked with hosting several Facebook Live hits throughout the night, which went on to draw 2.8 million unique viewers. “His role is to be a surrogate for the fans,” adds Hayes. “He’s the viewer.”

This companion production was conceptualized alongside the actual show itself from the start, fully integrated into the show with the cooperation of live television director Alex Rudzinski. “We knew everyone was going to be watching the show with their phones in their hands,” says Dore.

The network’s digital team created custom experiences for every major social platform — from the Facebook Live show to a Snapchat live story. They also reached out to key social media “influencers,” inviting them to cover the performance from a platform built high above Baltimore Street. Their posts throughout the night across Instagram and Twitter generated more than 3 million interactions, according to data from NBC.

The network credits the social media push with ratings bumps for women between the ages of 18 and 24 (3.6) and female teens from 12-17 (3.3), although the show’s overall ratings fell to a 2.3, matching “Peter Pan Live.”

Interesting article.  If  one adds the 2.8 million who watched Hairspray Live! on Facebook, to the 9.05 viewers that watched on TV (TV by the Numbers), that's 11.85 viewers! 

TVLine wrote:
Hairspray Live!: 10 Best & Worst Moments

Don’t get us wrong: We loved Criss’ off-the-charts theater geek enthusiasm throughout the evening. But the Glee grad was criminally underutilized during Wednesday’s broadcast, where he was relegated to the commercial breaks for useless behind-the-scenes commentary. With all due respect to Derek Hough, why was Criss not Corny Collins?!
Image: Courtesy of NBC

Romper wrote:
Why Isn't Darren Criss Performing in 'Hairspray Live!'? Twitter Wants to Cast Him Now

Fans of big hair and big musical numbers were beyond thrilled to tune into NBC's Hairspray Live! on Wednesday night. And although people were pretty thrilled with the musical numbers and the transition from film to Broadway to film to TV, there was one thing that bothered viewers: the underutilization of Darren Criss. Viewers at home spent the night wondering why isn't Darren Criss performing in Hairspray Live! and simply being reduced to a basic host.

When you think about it, putting Criss in the Ryan Seacrest role may not have been the best use of the actor's skill set. I mean, you've seen his resume, right?

[. . . ]

But still, it's a shame that Criss isn't shaking and singing with the rest of the cast. And it's something Twitter is pretty upset about too.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_inline_ohvg9cbAzC1rxgs67_500

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_inline_ohvg9dgL441rxgs67_500

Yes, it's disappointing that Criss didn't take on the role of Corny Collins or Link Larkin. But really, fans should be blessed that he decided to join them for the night at all. And who knows. Maybe he'll be cast in next year's NBC musical.

nydailynews wrote:
'Hairspray Live': the best and the worst of the NBC live musical

Having Darren Criss hosting behind the scenes and not playing Corny Collins is too much of a tease to overcome anytime soon.

A few pics:

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohv3jtS9nK1uetdyxo1_500
Darren and Neil Meron - Hairspray Live | Headlineplanet.com
dailydarrennews

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvfhsgrJb1uetdyxo1_500
HQ | Darren Criss poses at the NBC presents Hairspray Live After Party on the NBC/Universal Studios back lot on December 7th, 2016

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvage8L9J1uetdyxo7_r1_1280

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvage8L9J1uetdyxo4_r1_250   Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvage8L9J1uetdyxo1_r1_250

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvage8L9J1uetdyxo2_r1_1280

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvage8L9J1uetdyxo3_r1_1280

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvage8L9J1uetdyxo8_r1_250  Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvage8L9J1uetdyxo9_r1_250  Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohvage8L9J1uetdyxo10_r1_250
HQ | Darren Criss poses at the NBC presents Hairspray Live After Party on the NBC/Universal Studios back lot on December 7th, 2016

I'm behind on posting pics and videos of Darren hosting Hairspray Live!, and have family visiting this weekend, so may not get to it . . . sad face   Hopefully, I'll find some time.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

19Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live! (December 7, 2016--NBC) Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:03 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Cute photo and nice message:
Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_ohy1dcZ7Rw1uetdyxo1_500
noabolozky: #hairspraylive was truly a makeup artists’ dream job in every way. And one of the highlights of last night? The incomparable #darrencriss! A brilliant #warbler, a phenomenal #hedwig, and an all around lovely human being, Thank you for your artistry and your amazing light. @darrencriss.

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Tumblr_oi1bfq2YZi1uetdyxo1_1280
Hairspray Live! It’s hard not to smile when you have a cast as great as this!  #HairsprayLive
dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Empty Hairspray Live! Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some discussion of Hairspray Live!'s impact on social media.

Mashable wrote:

NBC brought 'Hairspray Live!' to life with help from Facebook, digital influencers

The Facebook Live broadcast was part of NBC's larger goal to give its live musical telecast more life on digital platforms. Though Hairspray Live! hit ratings and viewership lows when compared to NBC’s other live musicals, the show ended up shining brightly on social media.

Final Neilson [sic] social ratings are not in, but early ratings suggest the broadcast indexed very high among young females, giving NBC their highest ratings for females between the ages of 18-24 (3.6) in 12 years, and female teens from ages 12-17 (3.3) in 13 years.

The network tapped Glee alum Darren Criss to host behind-the-scenes, with help from social media influencers Patrick Starrr, Manny MUA, Kinglsey, Joslyn Davis, Gabi Fresh, Lily Martson and Erin Robinson.

[. . . ]

The digital efforts worked.

Hairspray Live!
was the No. 1 worldwide trend throughout the east and west coast broadcast, NBC said. The digital influencers' 240+ cross-platform posts garnered more than 3.1 million interactions. 

But the Facebook Live show was NBC's biggest digital success, garnering more than 2.8 million unique viewers tuning in throughout the night.

After the live stream began, there were a total of 22.7 million impressions and 5.45 million interactions on NBC's Hairspray! and NBC Facebook pages.

"We know that digital is where the younger demo lives and socializes and we wanted to create an event phenomena in social to engage with and ultimately have them tune into the live broadcast," Hayes said. 

Here's how this works. Tune in to @nbc at 8/7c tonight on your TV and https://t.co/OUxkXpoxip on your phone/computer AT THE SAME TIME!!! pic.twitter.com/ul3gu7DsbM
— Darren Criss (@DarrenCriss) December 7, 2016

[ . . . ]

"Most of my friends and colleagues don’t even have cable anymore and so many of them sent me messages during the show saying that the only way they could actually experience it was through our FB Live content," Robinson told Mashable.

Martson added: "Not everyone is gathered around their living room TV watching their favorite shows – they’re watching it on their phone, during their lunch break at work; when it’s most convenient for them."

Note that the article states that final Nielsen social ratings are not in yet, so I was interested in  "Nielsen social ratings."  (Mashable misspelled by spelling "Neilson."  It should be "Nielsen.")

Here is the link to Nielsen Social:  http://www.nielsensocial.com/solutions/for-networks/

One of the goals of the Nielsen Social site is to "analyze social TV performance" or to "evaluate social TV activity during linear airings and 24/7."  

Nielsen Social wrote:
Nielsen Social--Who We Serve

See The Complete Social TV Picture

Millions of people take to social media each week to discuss programs with friends and fellow fans as they air. Next day reporting of Twitter and Facebook TV activity gives linear television networks and streaming content providers granular insight into network-, program- and episode-level activity for linear airings and on a 24/7 basis, and demographics of those interacting with programs on Facebook.

The Nielsen Social site seems to have two types of ratings, Daily Top Five and Weekly Top Five.  The latest Weekly Top Five reported by the site is for the week of November 28 - December 4, 2016, so reporting of the Weekly Top Five for the week that Hairspray Live! aired (it aired on December 7) should be in soon.

Here is the Daily Top Five for Series and Specials for December 7, 2016 (I took a screenshot):

Glee - Darren's TV Projects for 2016 Hairsp10

Source:  Nielsen Social
Link:  http://www.nielsensocial.com/socialcontentratings/daily/

I also find it interesting that according to the Mashable article:  "Final Neilson [sic] social ratings are not in, but early ratings suggest the broadcast indexed very high among young females, giving NBC their highest ratings for females between the ages of 18-24 (3.6) in 12 years, and female teens from ages 12-17 (3.3) in 13 years."     I'm guessing that Darren and Derek Hough may have played a part in this, along with other actors in the cast and the social media influencers who were a part of the show.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum