Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Miscellaneous Projects and Events"), please let me know.  darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Icon_smile

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Miscellaneous Projects and Events for 2015

March 21, 2015.  Gleek Reunion, Paris (performed).

May 19, 2015.  Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards.  Winner:  Favorite Male Replacement. 

May 27, 2015.  Stars in the Alley, NYC (hosted).

June 7, 2015.  Red Carpet Live Stream at the 2015 Tony Awards (co-hosted).

June 28, 2015.   Pride Parade NYC.

July 24, 2015.   Giffoni Film Festival (attended).

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Gleek Reunion (Paris).  March 21, 2015.

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nlqnfbTFRD1ri1mzuo1_500
hedwig-darren

Some of the pics with fans at the Gleek Reunion cracked me up.  :big grin  He really is so kind to his fans. 
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nlotn0506d1r4gxc3o1_500
DCN
BigQuench: @DarrenCriss You made the best panda in the whole world #GleekReunion

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nlmwjebWcU1r4gxc3o6_500
DCN
x

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nll75nIax21qjklgro1_500
DCN
sunshunes:
BEST DAY EVER!

Note:  sunshunes is the artist who draws those adorable Blaine and Hedwig fan art.

Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards, May 19, 2015.   Darren won "Best (Male) Replacement." :happy face
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nonw20soX91qzls93o1_500
DCN
broadwaycom:
Helen Mirren and Darren Criss show off their brand new Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards!
CLICK HERE for more photos from the Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards!

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nonkrmIai31qayexuo5_1280
endlesslyklaine:
[53 UHQ] Darren Criss attends the Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nomlcmxqSb1r4gxc3o5_500
DCN
Darren Criss attends 2015 Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards at Lounge 48 on May 19, 2015 in New York City.

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nomigqb3vc1r4gxc3o1_1280

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nomigqb3vc1r4gxc3o8_1280
DCN
[UHQ] Darren Criss attends the 16th Annual Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards.

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nom9qh6veG1r4gxc3o1_500
DCN
Source

Stars in the Alley.  May 27, 2015.
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_np0t65Gfki1r4gxc3o1_500

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_np0t65Gfki1r4gxc3o2_500
Theater Mania

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_np0kf7Wgn41r4gxc3o1_500
DarrenCriss: Ladies and Gentlemen, the always beautiful, and star of @GigiOnBroadway, @VanessaHudgens #StarsInTheAlley
DCN

darrencriss: On My Own at #StarsInTheAlley #UnitedOnBroadway with @LesMizBway

DCN

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_np0wv07GIB1qjwm18o1_500
daisywig
via ihavelosttheabilitytoeven

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Red Carpet Live Stream at the 2015 Tony Awards (co-hosted).  June 7, 2015

tonyawards.com wrote:
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_npldx9pv8f1r4gxc3o2_500

For the first time ever, the Tony Awards®️ will present "LIVE! From the Red Carpet," a live-streamed red carpet special, helmed by TV and stage star Darren Criss, It's Shoulda Been You's Sierra Boggess, and two-time Tony nominee Laura Osnes.

-tonyawards.com

Cute video that is also a touching tribute to one of Darren's teachers.

yellowdragoneyes:

The Tony Awards 2015 | Joe Manganiello & Darren Criss

DCN

Gif that captured the funny part of the moment:
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nplunukLcS1qzh21go2_250  darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nplunukLcS1qzh21go1_250
janel-moloney:
x
ihavelosttheabilitytoeven

More about Darren's teacher, Peter Devine.
siprep.org wrote:St. Ignatius College Preparatory: More on Peter Devine, Darren Criss and Bart Sher
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Adam_and_Darren600
Pictured above: Aladdin star Adam Jacobs '97 with Hedwig star Darren Criss '05.

In May 2014, veteran SI English teacher and director Peter Devine '66 nearly lost his life after the car he was driving was blindsided by a red-light runner on Geary Blvd.

A year later, while watching the Tony Awards, he was blindsided once more, but this time in a far-more life-giving way when he was singled out for praise on national television.

During the awards ceremony, presenter Joe Manganiello asked two actors in the audience to name high school teachers who inspired them. Here is the text of his remarks:

"Last year we announced that the Tony Awards and Carnegie Mellon University co-created the first Excellence in Theatre Education Award to recognize arts educators nationwide. Teachers have an enormous impact on our lives, like my favorite high school drama teacher Cindy Shriner, who encouraged me to try out for Oklahoma my senior year and changed the trajectory of my life. Hi Cindy!"

When he approached Darren Criss '05, who was starring in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway, Criss replied. "I've seen Magic Mike, so I've learned a lot from you, buddy, but I would have to say Peter Devine at St. Ignatius College Prep in San Francisco."

-siprep.org
DCN

What a dramatic pose, Darren.  :happy face
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_npvm83jhGP1r4gxc3o2_500
DCN
Darren Criss at the Tony Awards after party at The Carlyle

George Takei also was on the red carpet and said this:
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nq1xbdaMUu1r4gxc3o1_500
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nq1xbdaMUu1r4gxc3o2_500

A pic with Telly Leung, one of the Warblers (season 2)
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_npn6vaZ7LY1r4gxc3o1_500
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_npn6vaZ7LY1r4gxc3o2_500
DCN

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_npltsw1DEQ1u4l72go4_500
DCN
darrenkey:
[UHQ] Darren Criss, Sierra Boggess and Laura Osnes attend the 2015 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 7, 2015 in New York City.

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nplnk4Kwah1u4l72go1_500
DCN
darrenkey:
lauraosnes: We DID it!! First ever @thetonyawards red carpet live stream!l with @darrencriss & @officialsierraboggess!! (Photobombesd by Seth Rudetsky). Thanks for tuning in, and now, SHOW TIME!

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_npwvdfOLss1r4gxc3o1_500
ashleypweston: I somehow missed this during one crazy work week - CONGRATS #DarrenCriss on making #Details #BestDressedList in one helluva navy tux cc: @mbastiannyc @louboutinworld #AWerk
DCN

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nplpd1yAun1u4l72go1_500
DCN
darrenkey:
[UHQ] Darren Criss attends the 2015 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 7, 2015 in New York City.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

5darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Empty Pride Parade NYC, June 28, 2015. Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Pride Parade NYC, June 28, 2015.  

Darren and Rebecca Naomi Jones were on the float of the Hetrick-Martin Institute (HMI) in the NYC Pride Parade on June 28, 2015. The Hetrick-Martin Institute

This was after the U.S. Supreme Court came out on Friday, June 26, with their decision (Obergefell v. Hodges) that the U.S. Constitution guarantees a right to same-sex marriage, on a nation-wide basis. 

It was an especially joyous time in history, and it was so wonderful that Darren was celebrating by being in the Pride Parade in NYC at that time, followed by a special, emotional Pride Sunday performance later that night in Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

Here are some pics.   Enjoy! 

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nr6jjeFhON1r4gxc3o2_1280

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nr6jjeFhON1r4gxc3o3_1280
DCN
HMI at NYC Pride 2015: “This year we were joined by our friends from HEDWIG on Broadway, Darren Criss and Rebecca Naomi Jones.” [HQ]

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqtuze11Fm1r4gxc3o2_1280
DCN
NYC Pride | Source

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqpthmGtLg1r4gxc3o1_500
DCN
moreosisback: Guys, look who I met yesterday. Darren Criss! He is so sweet. #pridenyc #pride2015 #DarrenCriss

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqosl8KCRJ1qg49w0o2_1280
DCN
daxterdd:
[UHQ] Darren Criss with Rebecca Naomi Jones at the NYC Pride Parade on June 28, 2015.

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqoobrhhdg1r4gxc3o2_500
DCN
X
Darren Criss at NYC pride | June 28, 2015

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqo476ysgU1r4gxc3o1_1280
DCN
PropositionLove: Marching with @HetrickMartin @DarrenCriss Celebrate Pride!

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqo3c71UPi1r4gxc3o1_1280
DCN
DarrenCriss: Happy Pride y'all! @onerebeccajones #HedwigOnBway #NYCPride

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqo2xnzdSt1r4gxc3o1_1280
DCN
hetrickmartinnj: HMI NJ youth riding in the #NYCPride parade with Hedwig star Darren Criss!

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqpsvgL0vS1r4gxc3o1_1280

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqpsvgL0vS1r4gxc3o2_1280

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_nqpsvgL0vS1r4gxc3o3_1280
DCN
NYC Pride (June 28, 2015)

This whole video is fun to watch.  Darren appears at Points 1:25, 2:50 and 3:30.

DCN
Source

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:41 pm; edited 4 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Giffoni Film Festival (attended), July 23 and 24, 2015. 

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns07lv1YHY1r4gxc3o1_500
DCN
[UHQ] Darren Criss attends Giffoni Film Festival 2015 blue carpet on July 23, 2015 in Giffoni Valle Piana, Italy.

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns17u8AZoT1r4gxc3o7_1280

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns17u8AZoT1r4gxc3o1_1280

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns17u8AZoT1r4gxc3o3_1280

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns17u8AZoT1r4gxc3o9_1280
DCN
[UHQ] Darren Criss attends Giffoni Film Festival 2015 blue carpet on July 23, 2015 in Giffoni Valle Piana, Italy.

haha.  The pic of him hunching his shoulders (second from the bottom, above).   Might as well enjoy himself during the mandatory photo op.  :amused

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns7t3kje2i1r4gxc3o4_500

darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns7t3kje2i1r4gxc3o6_1280
DCN
GIFFONI 2015

And he entertains his fans (probably as well as himself) while he signs.  :amused
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns3gdckkkY1rvwm81o1_500
somewhereineverl4nd:
"Can we talk about darren criss’ autograph
HE DID ALL OF THIS"

He looks cute in the photo below, very young.   But I wonder if this is after having signed the 200th autograph . . .
darrencriss - Darren's Past Miscellaneous Projects and Events Tumblr_ns436uNrNr1r4gxc3o1_500
DCN
Source

This video looks like a promo video.  Darren looks a bit overwhelmed in the beginning of the video, while he is walking through the excited crowd.  I cannot find a particular video any more, but there was a video I had seen before that had showed how passionate the crowd was (which I can understand; this is how much Glee touched them).  That other video (which I cannot find any longer) shows how the security team for much of the walk held hands to form a tight barrier around Darren.  

Darren Criss at GIFFONI 2015 | Source
DCN

This is an interesting interview (below).   One cute point occurs at around Point 0:43, where he must see some kind of insect or maybe a bird.   The look of delight on his face is endearing.  :happy face

Around Point 6:20, he talks about TV actors who have been on shows for a while and the issue they face of possibly being stereotyped.   He talks about how being versatile, and playing diverse roles are important to him.  I can imagine it's natural for TV actors who have been on a particular show for a while, once being released from that show, would feel some apprehension about the future.  Yet, my impression was that he seems optimistic about the future, about playing different roles.   It's interesting that before Blaine, he played the friend, the surfer-guy.  :big grin  He also expresses how he feels fortunate to have had the big break of being cast as Blaine.

At around 9:23, he discusses being a friend who often listens.  I can see that first, he does listen rather than give a lot of advice, and secondly, that he absorbs information.

In the video below, it is very interesting to me, when he talks about how he did not dream about being famous.   He talks about how his dream was to pursue what he was passionate about, and to him, that was the performing arts.   He also repeats what he had said before, that all one can hope for, is to work hard, to be genuine with people, and to try one's best.   He also talks about the importance of working hard to achieve what one is passionate about.   The end of the video is funny, because after having gone on for a while, he realizes that what he said still needs to be translated by the poor translator (who he seems impressed with).

DCN
nightbirdmate:
Darren Criss @ GIFFONI 2015, talks about achieving his dreams and how fame wasn’t one of them, Q&A with fans

This issue of Darren not dreaming about being famous reminds me of the tag line for Alex's DarrenCrissNews:

"I just hope I can continue to do work that matters to me, I’m not interested in being any kind of superstar or anything I’m not. I’m just a dude who got lucky and an artist who cares about the work that I do." -Darren Criss

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum