Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interviews of Darren

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive.

Warning:  Spoilers!  Please visit the site to give the article a number of "clicks" (for Darren!).  

Such an interesting interview, where he spans several topics, from his view of portraying Andrew Cunanan, to his need to feel different since he was young, to his philosophy about acting, to his engagement to Mia, to his gratitude for the opportunities granted to him by Ryan Murphy, to what the future holds for him as an actor.  I thought his choice of words was interesting, at the end of the article, when he talked about his future in acting, he used the word "abyss," which often has a negative connotation of darkness and falling, instead of using a more positive word or imagery (a wide open meadow full of various trails to explore).  I wonder if the possibility of more fame inspires some trepidation in Darren (such he values his privacy so much).   (Or haha, I could be just reading too much into it, since he did use the word "precipice" before using "abyss.")

Esquire wrote:
Darren Criss Has Never Wanted To Be Ordinary

[Feb. 7, 2018?]

Darren Criss has never killed anyone. In fact, it’s hard to imagine the 31-year-old actor so much as raising his voice at anyone given how disarmingly kind and solicitous he is in person. When he arrives for his photoshoot, he immediately learns the names of everybody on set; as various editors drop in, either to check in on the shoot or to gawk at the celebrity in our midst, Criss goes out out of his way to make introductions—impressively listing off everyone’s name in the room. But Criss has found more in common with Andrew Cunanan, the social-climbing narcissist turned serial killer he plays in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, than he expected.

“People always ask me, ‘What’s it like to get into the mind of a killer?’” Criss says, slipping into a gravelly Movie Trailer Voice as we talk over coffee. “But you’re not doing that! I mean, a killer doesn’t get into the mind of a killer—they’re just existing. We boil it down to killing somebody and go, ‘I’ve never done that, so that’s definitely as far from me as possible.’ But the things that inform those decisions can be very close to who we are. We all have access to the same variety of emotions. You just ride them at a certain frequency, and it takes you to a certain place.

[. . . ]

There are, Criss says, “a lot of similarities between us that I like to remind myself and other people of,” beyond the striking physical resemblance and biographical parallels (both Cunanan and Criss are half-Filipino and California natives). “What it is to want what you can't have—that I get. Who doesn't know what it's like to feel unloved, or want to rise above your station, or just on a very simple level be liked?”

It’s the latter that comes through most powerfully in Criss’s mesmerizing, profoundly unsettling performance: the sense that Cunanan needs to be not just liked, but adored. Underlying all of his tall tales—the lies about his wealthy upbringing and influential friends, the personas he adopts and discards—is a kind of naked desperation that puts the audience on edge even when nothing overtly bad is happening. He is, to put it generously, extra. And as the lies stop working for him, and more and more people begin to see through him, that neediness turns vicious.

[. . . ]

[Criss states,] “I really reveled in being different,” he tells me. “I didn't want to be normal. I didn't want to be put in a corner. I know what it's like to want to stand out. Andrew had that too, but we had different reasons. He used it as a social statement, where I just liked the feeling of not being like everybody else. I think he did it to lord his status over other people; for me, it was a way to connect with people.”

I bring up a standout moment from this week's episode, “House by the Lake,” the fourth of the season. . . . The pair stop at a roadside bar, where Aimee Mann sings a mournful cover of The Cars’ “Drive.” While Madson goes to the bathroom—and considers trying to escape through a window—we stay with Cunanan, in a rare moment of honesty. In an unbroken 90-second shot, we slowly pan in on Criss’s face as he begins to cry, watching Mann sing the song and taking in its lyrics (“Who’s gonna drive you home tonight?”). It’s an unsettling scene because of how moving it is, despite coming moments after we’ve seen Cunanan beat a man to death with a claw hammer.

[. . .]

For all the commonalities he’s found with Cunanan, Criss is not remotely method, and he has no trouble getting out of character even on the darkest days of material. “Some people need to scream into a pillow and run off and do their thing and live with their character non-stop,” he says. “I am not one of those people, and sometimes I feel like a bad actor because I'm not. But I think for me, things live and die between action and cut, or lights up and lights out. I feel like if I live with something too long, then I cheat the immediacy of the moment.”

[. . .]

Two days after Versace's premiere, Criss announced his engagement to longtime girlfriend Mia Swier via Twitter and Instagram. “It was a long time coming,” he says. “We’d waited a while before we announced it. I had a whole thing written, like, ‘Usually I don’t like talking about my private life...’ which I really don’t—I was really allergic to it for a while. Eventually I got over myself and realized that it’s just the best way to let people know.”

So 2018 is a banner year for Criss on many levels; though it’s early to start talking Emmys, it’s hard to imagine him not being a frontrunner for his revelatory performance. “We’ll see,” he says, downplaying awards buzz. “The success for me is that people are talking about it. But this is a moment for me, and I recognize that, because I've had one before. The fact that I've gotten another one from Ryan Murphy is not beyond my understanding, and I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can. I feel like I'm very much on a precipice, so I'm excited to see who or what is in the abyss.”

Please visit the site to give the article a number of "clicks."  Source:   http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/amp16674052/darren-criss-interview-assassination-of-gianni-versace/

-

22starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon! Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:44 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (March 1, 2018, NYC)

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren's Instagram story from The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Mar. 1, 2018

Source

via Darren Criss Army

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4y14cdD6S1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren Criss & Jimmy Fallon, Mar. 1, 2018

darrencriss: hey whatayaknow I got to do this guys’ show! Excited to finally hang with @jimmyfallon. Catch @fallontonight at 11:35/10:35c.

Source

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4xyivGCsM1ubd9qxo1_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4xyivGCsM1ubd9qxo2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4xyivGCsM1ubd9qxo3_1280
Darren Criss with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show, Mar 1 2018

Photos by: Andrew Lipovsky/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

Darren Criss featured on The Tonight Show’s IG story, Mar 1 2018

Source

via Darren Criss Army

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4xupi5Nnc1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren Criss BTS at The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon, Mar 1 2018

Source

From dcriss-archive:

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4y7n9ydR11wpi2k2o1_1280

Via Jessica O’s Instagram Story (03-01-18)

via dcriss-archive

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4x12kEFFz1wpi2k2o1_1280
FallonTonight: Tonight: @aliciakeys is here, @DarrenCriss stops by, Rudy Francisco performs spoken word poetry, and Jimmy reads your #HowIGotDumped tweets! #FallonTonight

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

News From Darren Criss Army:

I thought that Darren did extremely well in the interview.  He was very relaxed, warm, and approachable, and very articulate and direct.   The British accent story is a nice story to tell on these talk shows (he may need to shorten it a bit, though), because it engages the host and the audience (although it seems there were lots of Glee and AVPM fans in that audience).  I thought Darren was very articulate in answering Jimmy's question about how Darren mentally prepared for this role, where Darren explains that as an actor, he explored what is it like to get into the mind of a person, who possesses  human desires, needs, disappointments, and triumphs, like everyone has.  He also stated something to the effect that although Andrew Cunanan did terrible things, there were parts of Andrew that were very likeable and very  relatable.  I love the part where Darren said, "You latch onto the human elements, and that's kind of what tells the story."  Very well said!  I haven't watched Jimmy Fallon for a while, but I found him warm and it was nice that he really was impressed with Darren's acting in Versace, and Ryan Murphy's work in general.  haha--that Darren was pleased when Jimmy told him that he knew Darren from Glee and so he had doubts about whether he would believe Darren as a killer.   Jimmy said he found Darren terrifying as Andrew Cunanan.  That's a great compliment to Darren, as an actor, in terms of how effective he is.  :happy face

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Mar. 2, 2018

From dcriss-archive:

This video is longer than the youtube video (above).   Thank you dcriss-archive!   It's so nice that the video includes Jimmy Fallon announcing Darren as a guest and going on about how unbelievable Darren is and how terrifying Darren is as Andrew Cunanan.  haha-he talks even about how scary Darren is, even when Andrew Cunanan is just sitting there, breathing.   :amused  In this longer video, you see Darren dancing to the music when he is called (haha.  Jimmy Fallon is trying to figure out when Darren will stop dancing so he can shake Darren's hand).

Darren Criss on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (03-01-18) from DCriss Archive on Vimeo.

via dcriss-archive

Some media coverage:

E! News wrote:
Darren Criss Faked a British Accent for 4 Years After Lying to a Girl

Mar. 2, 2018

Talk about committing to a role!

Darren Criss faked a British accent for four years after he got caught up in a massive lie. The 31-year-old Glee star told Jimmy Fallon the story on Thursday’s episode of The Tonight Show.

When Criss was about 16 years old, he went to a  concert with his friends. The group had balcony tickets, but Criss wanted to get access to the floor. During the show, he and his acting buddies started talking in a British accent for fun and a woman working the concert asked if they were from London.

[. . . ]

Clearly, Criss takes his roles seriously. He recently dove deep into character for his role in the Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story. The actor played the serial killer Andrew Cunanan. 

Criss told Fallon he gets into character by thinking about Cunanan’s thoughts and emotions.

“You latch onto the human elements and that’s kind of what tells the story,” he said.

Watch the video to see Criss' interview.
Please visit the site to give the article a number of "clicks.'  Source:  http://www.eonline.com/news/917674/darren-criss-faked-a-british-accent-for-4-years-after-lying-to-a-girl

Buzzfeed wrote:
Darren Criss Told Such A Big Lie That He Ended Up Having To Fake A British Accent For Four Years

Mar. 2, 2018

Darren Criss is insanely hot, but I’m not here to tell you things you should already know. Instead, I’m here to tell you the story about how Darren Criss had to fake a British accent for FOUR WHOLE YEARS.

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_p4yzsaBLI91qe3h8a_500

[. . . ]

Please visit the site to give the article a number of "clicks.'  Source:  https://www.buzzfeed.com/benhenry/darren-criss-and-his-british-accent?utm_term=.cv3yylEYLk#.inYyy68WBz

This is so sweet of Edgar.  I'm gonna try to follow  his career as well.  He seems like such a nice (and very intelligent) guy.  It's fascinating to me that he previously was a journalist before he started acting (just like it's fascinating that Ryan Murphy was a journalist before he went into the entertainment industry). 
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4yv8vcepu1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

24starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:50 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Nice interview. The only "bad" thing is the fact his EP hasn't been mentionned, once again.

I'm glad he's on James Corden pretty soon, btw.

25starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Jeremy wrote:Nice interview. The only "bad" thing is the fact his EP hasn't been mentionned, once again.

I'm glad he's on James Corden pretty soon, btw.

I liked the interview a lot.  :happy face   And Yes!   His  EP still isn't mentioned.  Why are the hosts not bringing it up?  :very confused

Yes, I'm also glad he's back on James Corden.  I'm hoping Ellen has him on her show soon too.  :fingers crossed

From dcriss-archive:

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p4zzmxHBSc1wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren will be on “The Late Late Show With James Corden” on March 13th, 2018. Request for tickets is available here

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p51io3bZnw1wpi2k2o1_540
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p51io3bZnw1wpi2k2o2_540

Via Ashley Weston’s Instagram Story (March 3rd, 2018)

-

27starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Larry King Now (March 14, 2018) Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Larry King Now (March 14, 2018)

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren Criss Army wrote:
The clips from Darren Criss’ interview with Larry King are now available!!!!

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_p5k6emkuGa1tz53qh_1280

View them HERE

via Darren Criss Army

Link to Larry King site:  http://www.ora.tv/larrykingnow/guests/darren-criss

I'll post the YouTube videos that dcriss-archive posted (see below), but please visit the Larry King website to show our interest.  :happy face

From dcriss-archive:

Darren Criss talks how he views Cunanan and responds to the Versace family’s reaction to ACS | Source

If You Only Knew: Darren Criss | Source

‘Hedwig and the Hangry Itch’: Larry remixes Darren Criss’s starring Broadway role | Source

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The Late, Late Show with James Corden (March 13, 2018)

From dcriss-archive:

:amused

Darren Criss Crashes ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace’ Recap | Source

Headline Planet wrote:
Darren Criss Appeared On Tuesday’s “Late Late Show With James Corden”

March 13, 2018

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kevxlQjy1wpi2k2o1_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kevxlQjy1wpi2k2o2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kevxlQjy1wpi2k2o3_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kevxlQjy1wpi2k2o4_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kevxlQjy1wpi2k2o5_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kevxlQjy1wpi2k2o6_1280
Photo: Terence Patrick ©2018 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

As part of the promotional effort for “The Assassination Of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story,” Darren Criss has appeared on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” and NBC’s “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and “Late Night With Seth Meyers.”

Tuesday, he visited a CBS late-night talk show.

Criss appeared as a discussion guest on Tuesday’s “Late Late Show With James Corden.”

“AP Bio” star Patton Oswalt also appeared for the nightly discussion. ZZ Ward & Fitz later closed the show with a musical performance.

Taped earlier in the day, the episode began airing at 12:35AM on the east coast. It will air at that time on the west coast.

Videos will be posted upon availability. For now, enjoy photos from the taping:

Please visit the site to give the article a number of "clicks."  Source:  http://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/03/14/darren-criss-appeared-tuesdays-late-late-show-james-corden/

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kep0tOfp1wpi2k2o1_540
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kep0tOfp1wpi2k2o2_500

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kdzmlofd1wpi2k2o1_540
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kdzmlofd1wpi2k2o2_500

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kcthTQO81wpi2k2o1_540

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5kcthTQO81wpi2k2o2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k7ka0UfC1wpi2k2o1_540

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k7ka0UfC1wpi2k2o2_540

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k5toaByP1wpi2k2o1_540
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k5toaByP1wpi2k2o2_540

Via Ashley Weston’s Instagram Story (March 13th, 2018)

via dcriss-archive

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k7qhgsCg1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Ricky Rollins’ Instagram Story (March 13th, 2018)

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k4f8d75j1wpi2k2o1_540
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k4f8d75j1wpi2k2o2_400

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k4f8d75j1wpi2k2o3_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5k4f8d75j1wpi2k2o4_1280

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren at the Late Late Show, via Instagram

via Darren Criss Army

-

29starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:38 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I find the James Corden interview really funny. I will watch the other one a bit later.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I agree Jeremy, it is very funny.  James Corden and Darren are hilarious.

From dcriss-archive:

Here is the full interview.  I had posted (above) an excerpt.  In this longer interview, the first minute was cute (Darren wearing a tank top after James joked about the multitude of tank tops in Versace).  At about point 8:00 in this longer video, below, is new material that wasn't in the shorter video (above).    James called Darren "Screech."  :amused   To be honest, when I first saw that high school yearbook photo, I had the same reaction.

Darren Criss on The Late Late Show Full Interview (03-13-18)

via dcriss-archive

Talking about fans' reaction to Darren in Versace.

Darren Criss: ‘Glee’ Fans Vs. ‘Assassination of Versace’ Fans | Source

Just the part about the high school photos.

Patton Oswalt & Darren Criss Reveal Awkward High School Photos | Source

This is mostly about Patton Oswalt.

Patton Oswalt Dramatically Reads A Story By His Daughter | Source

-

31starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:04 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I found that Larry King a bit weird. But I liked the question about how Versace's family has reacted to the show. I'm not used to see Daren talking so seriously in TV interviews.

32starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Larry King is a little different, I agree.  I haven't had a chance to post that interview yet, but I will.

33starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:58 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Popcorn with Peter Travers (of Rolling Stone) January 31, 2018 (NYC)

Thanks Jeremy for posting that YouTube video of the interview with Peter Travers of Rolling Stone.  :happy face  That was such a fun interview.  Darren seemed happy to find out that Peter Travers is a "Darren completist," who has seen Darren in How to Succeed in Business Without Really  Trying on Broadway, seen him in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, seen him in Girl Most Likely film, seen him on Glee, and seen him in A Very Potter Musical.  Peter Travers, of Rolling Stone, is a fan of Darren!  How cool!

From dcriss-archive:

PopcornABCNews: Pigfarts? A Very Potter Musical? @DarrenCriss discusses the success of @TeamStarKid and what it was like being a theater kid on #PopcornABC - https://t.co/QoYN6qFCij #DarrenCriss #StarKid

via dcriss-archive

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 170x170bb

Track: Darren Criss, 'The Assasination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story'
Artist: Popcorn with Peter Travers
Darren Criss, ‘The Assasination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story’- Popcorn with Peter Travers | Source

via dcriss-archive

Cute pic.  :happy face
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5laguCJCK1wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren Criss appears on “Popcorn with Peter Travers” at ABC News studios, Jan. 31, 2018, in New York City. | Source

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lge82XOs1wpi2k2o1_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lge82XOs1wpi2k2o2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lge82XOs1wpi2k2o3_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lge82XOs1wpi2k2o4_1280
PopcornABCNews: “Can I eat the popcorn?” We had a fun time with @DarrenCriss in the #PopcornABC studio when he and @petertravers talked @ACSFX, #Glee, Team StarKid and his career. #DarrenCriss #ACSVersace

WATCH: http://abcn.ws/2FQMfkm
LISTEN: http://abcn.ws/popcornpodcast 

ABC News wrote:
'American Crime Story' star Darren Criss on playing serial killer Andrew Cunanan

Mar. 14, 2018

Former “Glee” star Darren Criss is proving his acting range reaches well beyond that of dynamic singer and dancer.

In his newest role, Criss plays notorious serial killer Andrew Cunanan, best remembered for taking the life of famed designer Gianni Versace.

Criss was hand-selected for the role on FX’s “American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace,” by award-winning director Ryan Murphy, who was also the creative force behind the hit series “Glee.”

“I’ve been kind of waiting my whole life for an opportunity like this,” Criss said in his interview on “Popcorn with Peter Travers.” “I was sort of on the sidelines being like, ‘Alright, put me in coach.’ So the fact that Ryan believed in that, I’m very much indebted.”

Criss has received critical acclaim for his portrayal of the cunning madman who went on a killing spree that ultimately took the lives of five people. Travers asked Criss if getting deep into the nerve endings of the character scared him.

“No, I think we’re all closer to somebody like Andrew than we care to admit,” Criss, 31, told Travers. “Everybody’s the hero of their own story. It doesn’t matter where their morality lies. Or where their lifelong emotional arc is. We’re all the heroes of our own tales.”

He said understanding his characters’ emotions is part of the job.

“I’m in the business of empathy, that’s my livelihood and I try and apply that to my day-to-daylife,” Criss said. “But particularly when you’re playing characters – and this was a real person – we all focus on the worst, most horrible, deplorable things, which is obviously he took lives. He was a murderer.

“I’m not asking people to forgive him or exonerate him,” he added. “But I am challenging people to question their own senses of empathy and see how many common denominators they may find with somebody that they might immediately pen as … very distant from themselves.”

Criss said when he took on the role of Cunanan, he knew the story of how Versace was killed, but not much about the killer.

“I didn’t know much about Andrew and his backstory, which is exciting to me, I guess, as a storyteller,” Criss said. “This is something, unless you’re in the fashion world living in Miami, it might be something a little more distant from you. And the American crime here other than the murders is ‘How come I didn’t know about this?’ And we kind of explore that.”

Source:  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/american-crime-story-star-darren-criss-playing-serial/story?id=53719083

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lfmd8keY1wpi2k2o1_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lfmd8keY1wpi2k2o2_1280
ashleypweston: We’ve taken a lot of risks with suits over the years, but this is the first time we’ve ever done dusty rose :heart eyes And I LOVE IT!!! #DarrenCriss on @j_corden

The Wrap wrote:
James Corden Blames LA Water Crisis on FX’s ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace’ (Video)

March 14, 2018

The “Late Late Show” host ping-ponged between expressing his love for the Ryan Murphy FX series and mocking some of its sillier scenes. It was all a setup for “Glee” alum Criss to come out and surprise the CBS studio audience.

What happens next, however, is a bit confusing. After recreating his limited series character’s dance to “Easy Lover,” Criss either kills Corden or he gives him a lap dance. Perhaps it’s both.
Source:  https://www.thewrap.com/assassination-gianni-versace-corden-darren-criss-la-water-crisis/

-

36starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Larry King Now (March 14, 2018) Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:00 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Larry King Now (March 14, 2018)

Here is the full interview (which seems comprised of 5 parts, so keep watching even if the video seems to end until the full 11:44 minutes is over).

dailydcrissnews

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lddis5cd1wpi2k2o1_540
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lddis5cd1wpi2k2o2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p5lddis5cd1wpi2k2o3_1280
Link

-

37starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:10 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Darren's voice was very nice when he sang "Brotherhood of men".

38starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, his voice sounds very nice on Brotherhood of Man.  I think this is the second time he did something like this and sang a snippet of BOM with the host of the interview.  I can't remember the other time he did this, but it's always cute when he sings these little duets with the host.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

@DarrenCriss Me demonstrating a little taste of what I’d like to coin as the “IDGAF Arms” from #ACSVersace

via Darren Criss Army

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Variety and PBS SoCal KOCE's "Actors on Actors" (June 2018)

From dcriss-archive:

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7zd8hys1M1wpi2k2o1_1280
variety: Another behind the scenes look at this weekend on set shooting the upcoming season of #ActorsOnActors presented by @ShutterstockNow. Who are you most excited for? [camera emoji] Variety/REX/@shutterstocknow

I have to say, this is a nice pairing for the program, Actors on Actors.  They both are known as genuinely nice people.
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7zbynwcbT1wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren Criss & Mandy Moore

Dynamic duo! The lovable stars are paired up for Variety’s Actors on Actors event in Los Angeles. | Source

I am looking forward to their episode in June!  :happy face
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z1ix9x7g1wpi2k2o1_540
dcriss-archive:
ewagmeister: That’s a wrap on @variety’s #ActorsOnActors! Thanks to all the super talented actors (like @mandymooremm & @darrencriss!) for informative, raw, honest conversations at our shoot all weekend long. Airs this June on PBS…stay tuned for talks with @tiffanyhaddish, @johnlegend, @sharonstone, @therealdebramessing, @jessicabiel, @alisonbrie, @michaelbjordan, @issarae & more!
https://twitter.com/EWagmeister/status/990746028302204929

The first pic is so adorable--look at those smiles! :big grin   The various actors named in the article make up an esteemed group of actors.  So happy for Darren that he is part of this group. heart
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z7kmdC8p1wpi2k2o2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z7kmdC8p1wpi2k2o5_1280
Darren Criss, Mandy Moore, Tiffany Haddish & More Stars Attend Day 2 of Variety’s Actors on Actors Series 2018!
Darren Criss, Mandy Moore and Tiffany Haddish are celebrating at Day 2 of Variety Studio: Actors on Actors presented by Shutterstock on Sunday (April 29) in Los Angeles.

The three stars are all included in the eighth season of the Emmy Award-winning series, featuring exclusive one-on-one conversations between top actors.

The first episode will premiere on PBS SoCal KOCE on June 19 at 7 PM, with the second arriving on June 21 at 7 PM.

Bill Hader, Jason Bateman, Debra Messing, Sharon Stone, Frankie Shaw, Sara Gilbert, John Legend, Kyle MacLachlan and David Harbourwere all in attendance.

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z429Y13h1wpi2k2o3_1280
Darren Criss and Mandy Moore at Variety Actors on Actors Presented by Shutterstock, Day 2, Los Angeles, USA -29 Apr 2018

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z14pqqwn1wpi2k2o2_1280
Darren Criss at Variety Actors on Actors Presented by Shutterstock, Day 2, Los Angeles, USA -29 Apr 2018

These pics are so cute.  What is Darren saying to Mandy that would make her laugh so much?  :amused
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0qdPgIZ1wpi2k2o1_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0qdPgIZ1wpi2k2o2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0qdPgIZ1wpi2k2o3_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0qdPgIZ1wpi2k2o4_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0qdPgIZ1wpi2k2o5_1280
Darren Criss and Mandy Moore at Variety Actors on Actors Presented by Shutterstock, Day 2, Los Angeles, USA -29 Apr 2018

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0o7e66e1wpi2k2o1_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0o7e66e1wpi2k2o3_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0o7e66e1wpi2k2o4_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0o7e66e1wpi2k2o5_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0o7e66e1wpi2k2o7_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7z0o7e66e1wpi2k2o10_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7yzvoOEX21wpi2k2o1_1280
debrabirnbaum: Last Q&A of @variety’s #actorsonactors @darrencriss @mandymooremm

Via Variety Magazine’s Instagram Story (April 29th, 2018)

via dcriss-archive

Nice suit! 
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7yyli3uCn1wpi2k2o1_1280
ashleypweston: Finally found a moment for this suit!! #DarrenCriss making my work Sunday feel more like a Sunday Funday  #AWerk#ACSVersace

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 2 Tumblr_p7yyg59hHX1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Kindra Mann’s Instagram Story (April 29th, 2018)

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren Criss & Mandy Moore at Actors on Actors photoshoot, April 29, 2018.

Via Mandy’s Instagram story

via Darren Criss Army

Darren at the Actors On Actors photoshoot.

Via Chelsea Lauren’s Instagram story

via  Darren Criss Army

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum