Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interviews of Darren

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Empty Darren on the Ellen Degeneres Show Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:09 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren on the Ellen Degeneres Show

Don't forget to record the Ellen Degeneres show tomorrow!  :happy face

From dcriss-archive:

I love his answer about his views of other celebrities.  How many fans can say the same about the effect Darren had on their lives?  :happy face    How funny Ryan did not remember that he told Darren to gain weight.   :amused  haha.  "I baked those myself."   :big grin Does that  sweater sort of have a Computer Games logo?  

Darren Criss No Longer Has a Problem Being Naked On-Screen
Darren Criss talked with Ellen about his highly acclaimed role as serial killer Andrew Cunanan in “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story,” and why he doesn’t a problem with showing off his bare body on-screen.

via dcriss-archive

He's very good at this game.  I loved his Elvis.  :happy face

Darren Criss Plays ‘Heads Up!’
Ellen tested Darren Criss’ accents and impersonation skills with a round of “Heads Up!”

via dcriss-archive

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_p9xtg9WWxG1wpi2k2o1_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_p9xtg9WWxG1wpi2k2o2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_p9xtg9WWxG1wpi2k2o3_1280
Darren Criss No Longer Has a Problem Getting Naked On-Screen – Watch Now!
Darren Criss isn’t afraid to be in the buff!

The 31-year-old Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story star made an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Thursday (June 7).

During his appearance, Darren explained that he no longer has a problem with doing nude scenes. He also discussed his role of portraying Andrew Cunanan on American Crime Story.

He also spoke about his obligation to tell celebrities how they positively impacted his career. And he even shows off his impressive impersonation skills in a game of “Heads Up!”

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren on the Ellen Degeneres Show

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_p9z10rRIEu1wpi2k2o1_1280
Link

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_p9yp1pdv8u1wpi2k2o1_1280

Darren Criss Plays ‘Heads Up!’

Darren Criss No Longer Has a Problem Being Naked On-Screen

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren is on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS

From dcriss-archive:

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd89gfXFUU1wpi2k2o1_540

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd89gfXFUU1wpi2k2o2_500

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd89gfXFUU1wpi2k2o3_r1_540

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd89gfXFUU1wpi2k2o4_r1_540

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd89gfXFUU1wpi2k2o5_r1_540

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd89gfXFUU1wpi2k2o6_r1_500

Aw.  :happy face
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd89ovE6GI1wpi2k2o1_1280

Stephen Colbert is so adorable here.  Love this "duet"!  heart
colbertlateshow: That awkward moment when @stephenathome doesn’t know the words to “Part of Your World”  cc: @darrencriss

via dcriss-archive

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd835xF3XJ1wpi2k2o1_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd835xF3XJ1wpi2k2o2_1280

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd835xF3XJ1wpi2k2o3_1280
First Look: Darren Criss Appears On “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert”
Darren Criss, whose critically acclaimed turn on “American Crime Story” yielded an Emmy nomination, appears on Thursday’s “Late Show With Stephen Colbert.”

Criss, who is making his first appearance on the program, joins host Stephen Colbert for an interview. Based on a photo issued to the press, he also seems to interact with bandleader Jon Batiste.

In addition to Criss, Thursday’s “Late Show” features appearances by Issa Rae and Ronnie Chieng.

The episode airs at 11:35PM ET/PT on CBS. Ahead of the broadcast, the network shared photos from the taping:

I can imagine how excited Darrenis to be on Stephen Colbert's show! :happy face
Via The Late Show With Stephen Colbert’s Instagram Story (August 9th, 2018)

via dcriss-archive

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd81xkq2iM1wpi2k2o1_540
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd81xkq2iM1wpi2k2o2_1280

From Darren Criss Army:

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd7plgcUOv1ubd9qxo2_1280
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_pd7plgcUOv1ubd9qxo1_1280

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1027662493357891587

-

44starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Just waiting to see Darren on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. . . waiting 

In the meantime, I thought I would post this from dcriss-archive:

Via The Late Show With Stephen Colbert’s Instagram Story (August 9th, 2018)

via dcriss-archive

And the answer is . . . 2010!   If in doubt, go to adorkabledarrencriss

Here are the photos:
starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_mjf556ZPbs1r4ruu0o1_640

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Tumblr_mjf556ZPbs1r4ruu0o2_640
Darren Criss at The Mint (Photos by Rebecca Sanabria).

You can see that these pics were taken at "The Mint Photoshoot" (2010).
http://adorkabledarrencriss.tumblr.com/darren2010

-

45starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Thank you Darren Criss Army for posting the Colbert Show's Youtube video of Darren's interview.  :happy face

Despite the title, this is the video of Darren's FULL INTERVIEW on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, 9 August 2018

From dcriss-archive:

Darren playing piano with Jon Batiste on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert during the commercial break (August 9th, 2018)

via dcriss-archive

Billboard wrote:
Darren Criss Plans to Rob John Legend of His EGOT, Talks 'Tramp Stamp' L.A. Piano Bar on 'Late Show': Watch

8/10/2018

starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Darren-Criss-on-colbert-aug-2018-billboard-1548
Scott Kowalchyk/CBS
Darren Criss on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Aug. 9, 2018.

-

Making his first appearance on The Late Show on Thursday night (Aug. 9), actor/singer and Emmy nominee Darren Criss regaled host Stephen Colbert with his thoughts on the problem with millennial songs choices at piano bars, losing at the Emmys and his plan to steal John Legend’s chance of attaining EGOT status.

Colbert started off by asking Criss about his Emmy nomination for his dramatic role in The Assassination of Gianni Versace, his second shot at taking home TV gold. The former Glee star was nominated in 2015 for “Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics” for his work on the track “This Time.“ "I’m a proud Emmy loser,” Criss said when Colbert asked what it felt like to not win. “What I realized by the end of the show is that most people walking out, the majority are actually losers.”

Criss then recounted how when everyone was walking out with his “fellow losers” there was a sweet moment when everyone in the crowd burst into a chorus of Beck’s breakthrough hit, “Loser.“ "I think Ken Marino [Dog Days] or somebody, we all just started singing, ‘Soy un perdedor/ I’m a loser baby so why don’t you kill me?’”

Colbert then went through the list of the actor’s fellow nominees in his category for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie.” The Versace star expressed joked (but not really) that his chances were slim especially against Legend, who is chasing down EGOT status for his performance as Jesus Christ in Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert. Criss, of course, only expressed love for his fellow nominee and stated, “He should've won the Emmy for ‘Nutmeg,’ which was on your Christmas special and one of my favorite John Legend songs,” he said of the joke track the singer recorded with Colbert in 2008. “I would just like to put that out there before I rob him of his EGOT.”

Colbert then asked Criss if he was going to throw an Emmys after party at his L.A. piano bar, Tramp Stamp Grannies [Tramp Stamp Granny's]. Criss explained that there is a certain genre of songs that most of his millennial customers go crazy over: Disney songs. “If I play the first two songs of any Disney song, people just get… it’s lit, I believe the kids say,” Criss said.

After busting into an impromptu “Part of Your World" Little Mermaid singalong, Colbert talked to Criss about his more serious role in The Assassination of Gianni Versace and how despite the drama he did, kind of, sing and dance in the limited series. "Not in the same context as most of the delightful musical theater that we subscribe to,” he explained. To balance the heaviness of playing a deranged killer, Criss opened up and said that he “was pretty much a goofball on set and it was maybe like a defense mechanism to sort of deal with the darkness. The majority of takes that [creator] Ryan Murphy will probably never let me see is just me – any stairs to fall down, it’s always a gag take."

Criss then asked Colbert to give him a serious line to say and demonstrated how during intense moments on set he would dramatically and clumsily fall down stairs on purpose to lighten the mood. Colbert then begged Criss to fall down if the stairs in the event that he does win an Emmy on Sept. 17.
Source:  https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/television/8469611/late-show-darren-criss-talks-piano-bars-robbing-john-legend-of-egot-watch

-

46starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:19 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

"Most nights". I got the answer to my question of the other day Wink

47starkid - Interviews of Darren - Page 3 Empty Re: Interviews of Darren Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, there's the answer.  I didn't know that he was at TSG piano bar most nights, until he mentioned it in the Colbert interview.  :happy face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum