Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Films

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Darren's Films Mon May 16, 2016 12:27 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Darren's films for 2016.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Darren's Films"), please let me know.  annettebening - Darren's Films  Icon_smile

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

2annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:13 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

BroadwayWorld.com wrote:Lin-Manuel Mirando Cameos, Kristin Chenoweth Sings in Stephen Karam's SPEECH & DEBATE Film

Miranda’s role, described as “goofy,” reportedly involves “a VHS and harem pants.” Music from the Tony Award winning play HAMILTON also makes an appearance as part of Diwata’s audition medley. Bart portrays the school principal. GLEE alum and ‘Hedwig’ star Darren Criss also appears, along with lead actors Austin McKenzie (SPRING AWAKENING), Liam James and Sarah Steele, who starred in the original play . Chenoweth’s voice will be heard over the end credits, performing the original song “Losers are Winners,” composed by Karam. Hedwig choreographer Spencer Liff lends his talents to the dance sequences.
via gleekto

3annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:24 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

It's nice he got a new role in a movie. 

I see that the actor who played Jean-Baptiste in Glee is also in the cast.

4annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I would love for Darren to do some more films.  I think he would do well in the small, Indie type of films (which Dianna has done as well, and she has done a larger film too). 

Skylar Astin was in Spring Awakening.  Was he there when Lea was in it?  I don't know much about the history of S.A.   I think he got quite well-known through Pitch Perfect 2.    This is something that I would love for Darren to do, do a film or two every year and get some more wide-spread visibility that way (along with doing some TV roles, guest star roles can be very visible too, and of course, release some music too!).   Joseph Gordon-Levitt broke out big when he did the Indie film 500 Days of Summer.

5annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:30 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

The best for me would be a major role in a TV show, like Blaine in Glee. We would see him every week, without having to go outside :amused

6annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:39 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I agree, Jeremy, that a major role in another TV show would be wonderful, whether as a regular cast member, or as a recurring guest star.  And if he worked on a TV show with a shorter season (if he was a regular cast member), he would still have time to do theater projects and music projects (or be on a film).   Being in a TV show would bring him more visibility and would help bring fans into his theater projects (and would help him in music sales, if he released a single or an album).  It's a win-win situation! thumbs up

7annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:37 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

TheaterMania wrote:
Speech & Debate Film, With Sarah Steele and Austin P. McKenzie, Sets Release Date

January 27, 2017

The film adaptation of Tony winner Stephen Karam’s acclaimed drama Speech & Debate will hit select theaters Friday, April 7, Sycamore Pictures has announced. The film will also be distributed the same date on iTunes and VOD platforms.

Karam pens the screenplay for the feature film, which is directed by Dan Harris, the screenwriter behind Superman Returns and X-Men: Apocalypse. Sarah Steele, who took on the role of Diwata in the show’s New York premiere at Roundabout Underground in 2007, reprises her performance, joined by Liam James (The Way Way Back) and Austin P. McKenzie (Deaf West’s Spring Awakening).

The cast also includes Roger Bart, Janeane Garofalo, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Kal Penn, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, and Skylar Astin, with cameos by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Kristin Chenoweth, and Darren Criss. Chenoweth also performs an original song.

Speech & Debate, which originally starred Steele alongside Gideon Glick, Jason Fuchs, and Susan Blackwell, follows three high school misfits linked by a scandal involving one of their teachers, who revive their school’s long-defunct speech and debate society.

via DarrenCrissArmy

8annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:32 am

Wow, DC has a new film! Great news! I wonder if he will have a big role, or if it is just a cameo. Either way, as much as I love his musical side, I'm pleased that he is doing something different to that. I'd like to see him just act without breaking into song and dance all the time. Don't want him to be typecast. Poppy, I agree about seeing him in more films. Indie films is a good shout. I hope Smitten does well, or at least will make it to theatres.

Jeremy, you have a good point about TV shows, being able to see him every week would definitely be a plus! But with films you'll have him enlarged on the big screen! :big grin I think I'll put in a vote for both!

9annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:48 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi dusty, :hello 

dusty wrote:Wow, DC has a new film! Great news! I wonder if he will have a big role, or if it is just a cameo.

I think it's a cameo (guys, correct me if you know otherwise; I don't know if he has additional scenes in the Speech and Debate film):

From dailydarrennews:

ihavelosttheabilitytoeven:
Darren Criss Speech and Debate Cameo

I really have loved Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--he was so stunning in it.  But I now would love to see him in a dramatic role (or comedic role) that is not a musical, whether in a play on or off-Broadway, or a film.

Yes, cross fingers we hear something positive about Smitten!

dusty wrote: But with films you'll have him enlarged on the big screen! annettebening - Darren's Films  2780594425

haha!  You made me laugh (yet . . . it's so true.  :amused ).

10annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:30 am

Thanks for that Poppy! Yes, looks like a cameo. Still, it's good that he's doing different stuff.

11annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:17 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I'm surprised, I didn't except that Darren would play his own role in the movie.

12annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:21 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:I'm surprised, I didn't except that Darren would play his own role in the movie.

Yes, that was different.   Cute idea, though.  :happy face

13annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Speech & Debate Film Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I forgot to add this trailer video.

Watch Sarah Steele and Austin McKenzie Rise Up in Speech & Debate with Darren Criss and Lin-Manuel Miranda Cameos
via dailydarrennews

Aw, so nice of Kevin :happy face
annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ol1dxr5z711uetdyxo1_500

link to “Speech and Debate” trailer

14annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:47 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

dailydarrennews posted this slightly longer trailer video.  Darren's part seems about the same as in the video above.

Speech and Debate Trailer [Darren a 1:00]

15annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Speech and Debate Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:07 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Dailydarrennews:

TheaterMania wrote:
Speech & Debate Film Gets New iTunes Release Date

Mar. 22, 2017

Home-viewing audiences will now have the opportunity to catch the film version of Stephen Karam's Speech & Debate six days earlier. Originally announced to be released via iTunes on April 7, the film will now drop on April 2— a date that coincides with its red-carpet premiere at the American Airlines Theatre in Manhattan — at a cost of $12.99. April 7 remains its VOD and cinema release date.

[. . . ]
The cast also includes Roger Bart, Janeane Garofalo, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Kal Penn, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, and Skylar Astin, with cameos by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Kristin Chenoweth, and Darren Criss.

Link to article:  http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/speech-debate-film-gets-new-itunes-release-date_80453.html

16annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Speech and Debate premiere (April 2, 2017) Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:34 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren at the Speech and Debate film premiere (April 2, 2017): 

mypatronusismalec:
   Darren at the Speech & Debate premiere via Playbill’s live facebook

via gleekto

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren on the red carpet at the premiere of Speech and Debate via Broadway.com’s IG Story 4/2/17
via DarrenCrissArmy

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ont9mp9BVB1ubd9qxo1_500

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ont9mp9BVB1ubd9qxo2_400
Darren on the red carpet at the premiere of Speech and Debate 4/2/17

(Source: gettyimages.com)
via DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews:

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ont1tjI8pL1uetdyxo1_500
@SpeechFilm @DarrenCriss knows how to find his voice… SPEECH & DEBATE! #DarrenCriss

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ont24gwOO71uetdyxo1_500

With BroadwayGirlNYC (Laura Heywood):  :happy face

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ontl1uufqb1uetdyxo1_500

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ontl1uufqb1uetdyxo2_500
@BroadwayGirlNYC: Oh #hai @DarrenCriss  :heart eyes :heart eyes :heart eyes #SpeechAndDebate (tune in to see us live! https://www.facebook.com/playbill )

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ontkpzJ4Ld1uetdyxo1_500
@TylerGMount:.@DarrenCriss puts the bae in “Speech & DeBAEte”. Thanks for having us @SpeechDebateFilm.

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ontepi1IFx1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
  hoofingboy100: I also couldn’t resist getting a photo with these awesome gents. These people continue to inspire me everyday. #mikefaist #willroland @darrencriss

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ontdw8HRqX1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
  BroadwayGirlNYC: Literally jealous of myself right now

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

An article with pics in Just Jared, about Darren at the Speech and Debate NYC Premiere:  Darren Criss Joins 'Speech & Debate' Cast at NYC Premiere!

annettebening - Darren's Films  Darren-criss-joins-speech-debate-cast-at-nyc-premiere

Photos: Adam Nemser/startraksphoto.com

18annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Speech & Debate Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:49 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_oob7crUSXE1ubd9qxo1_1280

http://bit.ly/2ot2c6O

19annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Speech & Debate Thu May 11, 2017 12:21 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

20annettebening - Darren's Films  Empty Re: Darren's Films Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

FRom dcriss-archive:

Girl Most Likely pics:

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ovnmrlUDQ91wpi2k2o1_1280
studiomao: This is definitely trouble#darrencriss #kristenwiig #girlmostlikely #paris #champselysees #SNL #hedwigandtheangryinch #studiomao #stephenmao

*photo posted from Facebook

September 2, 2017

via dcriss-archive

annettebening - Darren's Films  Tumblr_ovnrz48h4G1wpi2k2o1_1280
studiomao: #TBT Imogene Q and A with Kristen Wiig and Darren Criss at the Publicis Cinema on the Champs Elysees in Paris. See this great comedy on iTunes or DVD. @eurozoom @darrencriss #girlmostlikely #kristenwiig #darrencriss #annettebening #mattdillon #champselyseesfilmfestival #champselysees #paris #france #studiomao #instagood #instamood#iphonesia #twelveskip #igers #instadaily #cognac #instagramhub #bestoftheday #igdaily #cigars #yachts #stephenmao #moscow

via dcriss-archive

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum