Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 17]

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy wrote:It's very cool.  So many lovely Blaine moments captured in your signature!

I also love the signature :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ha.  Darren's face.  I don't recognize the melody being meowed.  This reminds me of when Darren sang " Baby One More Time" (Britney Spears) by meowing. 

“Meow Meow Meow Meow” - Via Darren’s Snapchat | August 19, 2016

I don't have the video of when Darren sang "Baby One More Time" via meowing, but here's a pic ("Darren Criss Purrrforms with the Kittyoke Choir:  VH1.com"). 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Mgid:uma:video:vh1
Source

Beautiful courtyard, architecture
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc6n8s6QC61uetdyxo1_500
Via Mia’s Snapchat - August 19, 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Aw, this will make Lilikoiluv, Lin and dusty smile.  Darren went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in London.  Tash and springbay, are you two Harry Potter fans? 

Some fan pics, with some nice messages.  :happy face
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc83k8FYhS1uetdyxo1_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc83k8FYhS1uetdyxo4_250

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc83k8FYhS1uetdyxo2_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc83k8FYhS1uetdyxo3_250
@crissftlarry: It’s me + my favourite person in the whole world, my idol @DarrenCriss. This means so much, thank you for stopping heart

More pics with the same person, with her message of how much she appreciated Darren's kindness. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc8a7b1kw41uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc8a7b1kw41uetdyxo2_250
 festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc8a7b1kw41uetdyxo3_250
@crissftlarry: Has today even been real? I met my idol twice in a day and he was amazingly kind each time! Love you @DarrenCriss heart

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc81mrARQN1uetdyxo1_500

meganoliviac: So I just met Darren Criss again. He was in a rush but so lovely to us! He’s so great.

He really is so great.   He's so nice to his fans.  Cute pics.  His hair is getting long and his face is getting pretty slender. 

Nice pic with Mia.
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc7ielzxl61uetdyxo1_500

Darren and Mia via Sean Grandillo’s Snapchat on August 20th, 2016

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc7tuhymPz1uetdyxo1_500

Darrencriss: Collab by P. Pan & A. Akbar

This is cute.  Peter Pan.  Who is A. Akbar.  Is that a reference to the video Akbar by Jeffery Dallas?    To a certain degree, Darren looks at life with a sense of wonder and appreciation, just as kids do, and I mean that as a great compliment. 

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

More pics of Darren with fans in London. 

ha! 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc8e2h0Gl61uetdyxo1_500
@JamesLeLacheur: IT’S HARRY FREAKIN’ POTTER.

I'm glad this person got a chance to meet Darren.  It seems to have meant a lot to him. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc8hgcnekT1uetdyxo1_500
@cbarrett_23: Cheers!! To probably the greatest moment of my life @DarrenCriss

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc8hlvK3qW1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc8ibakWuT1uetdyxo1_500

@TomanTravis: So drinking tequila with @DarrenCriss is everything I dreamed of and more! #glee #darrencriss #Blaine

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Speaking of fans meeting Daren in London, I have a question. 

I know that Glee was a big thing at some point but the last episode aired more than a year ago and I don't know if Darren's other projects got that much media attention. On the other hand, we get many stories about fans randomly meeting him somewhere and I guess you're kind of a big deal if you randomly meet fans everywhere you go. So, I was wondering : how famous and popular is he now in the USA ? 

Thank you for your answer(s) :blush

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Great minds think alike.  :happy face   I was wondering the same thing you were, Jeremy.  The messages of these fans in London are so enthusiastic ("one of the best days of my life," "gonna cry," "so lucky to meet the amazing @darrencriss," "So drinking tequila with @DarrenCriss is everything I dreamed of and more!" "the greatest moment of my life," "my idol," "my favorite person").    It's heartwarming, because his European/international fans rarely get a chance to interact with Darren. 

But I don't know how to assess how popular a celebrity is.  I guess most people look at the number of followers they have on social media, and on other internet sites (tumblr) and how many google searches they receive, as well as how marketable they seem to be (in terms of how well they sell a product, whether it is a product that can be possessed, like an album, or whether it is a ticket to see someone in a film or musical).   

But social media must be taken with a grain of salt, with news of celebrities being able to buy followers etc.  And how well they sell a product or tickets--how "marketable" they are--must be taken with a grain of salt too, because there are many variables.  For instance, how affordable is the product or tickets, how accessible is the product (it's easier to buy an album than to travel to NYC to see a Broadway show, as well as it's easier to see a celebrity on tour than to see a celebrity in one location, like NYC), whether the product (such as a film, or theater piece/musical/play) is at the height of its popularity or its popularity is waning for reasons beyond the control of a particular celebrity (such as the case with Hedwig on Broadway, where the tickets sales were on a downward trend after it passed its one-year mark), whether the over-all quality of a product is compromised for reasons beyond the control of one particular celebrity, such as the case of the film "Girl Most Likely" (where the overall film itself was judged in a negative fashion by critics, mostly due to its screenplay, although many critics gave Darren's performance in the film a positive reception), and whether the product with which the celebrity is involved  is family friendly or has a mainstream appeal (or not).    I'm sure there are other factors that may make it unclear or difficult to assess the marketability of a celebrity.  

I do think if a product associated with a celebrity has sold well, then it's more clear that celebrity is fairly marketable.  However, if a product associated with a celebrity has not sold as well as expected, it does not necessarily mean that celebrity is not as marketable, because of the other variables that I mentioned above.  

It's sort of comparable to trying to assess side effects of medications that are seeking approval by the FDA (the Federal Drug Administration) of the U.S.  If there are X, Y, Z side effects reported in studies, they need to consider if other variables existed to rule out that those variables may have played a part ( along with the medication itself) in causing the side effects.

I know that for the Glee auctions, Darren's items sold well.   But does that mean he is more popular than other Glee cast members?   I know he has some well-funded fans.  This is also supported by the fact that he sold quite a few "Not Alone" t-shirts (and those shirts were not that cheap).  

Another factor is how rare is the commodity that is being associated with the celebrity.  For example, if Darren has done 5 Broadway musicals and/or plays, and then he does an album, I would guess more fans would buy his album because it is a rare commodity (versus Darren will continue to star in future Broadway musicals or plays).   Supply versus demand.   But then again, an album is more affordable, more accessible, and may have more of a mainstream or family friendly appeal than a particular Broadway play or musical as well.  So those variables tend to blur things.

So in short, I don't know.  :amused

Anyone else have thoughts?

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

And of course, popularity of a celebrity is connected to the popularity of the product with which the celebrity is most often closely associated (TV show, film, musical, etc).   The cast of The Big Bang are more well known and popular than a less well-known TV show.

I personally also believe that the reputation of a celebrity also contributes to their popularity.  Darren has the reputation of going above and beyond for his fans, making time to take pics and sign autographs even when he is busy, making eye contact (trying to make a connection), asking fans how they are doing (showing he cares), just in general being very kind to others because he is a decent, good person.   Also, I'm sure he also is aware of how important these moments will be to people, how sometimes the memory of these moments can carry various individuals through tough times in their lives.

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9q86DE3d1uetdyxo1_500
ourladyj: Post wedding tea. Spilling. #eloisehastwodads

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9ukoThD41t1ytj2o1_500
dailymiaswier:
andymientus: All Tea, No Shade #eloisehastwodads

This is a cute pic.  Look at Darren.  :amused
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9qz8SNnL1rk63wco1_500
larra-belle:
guskenworthy: Hot tea with these hotties! #eloisehastwodads #highteatime

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9z05lYQ91uetdyxo1_500
michaelarden: #eloisehastwodads

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oca8qgmopO1uetdyxo1_500
Michaelarden: Last dance. #Eloisehastwodads

Darren is enjoying London.   It looks like a beautiful, sunny day!
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9luxSHbq1uetdyxo1_500
Via Darren’s Snapchat - August 21, 2016

More pics with fans:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9tt1Ahx51uetdyxo1_500

kathrynashlee: this is up there with one of the best days of my life.  :happy face thank you darren and mia for being so sweet and stopping to chat.  heart

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9s9qdyVE1uetdyxo1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9s9qdyVE1uetdyxo2_r1_500

dailydarrennews:
ohmydaysitshayz: Well this happened.
hannah_hannah_bo_bannah: Gonna cry tbh #darrencriss #london

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9h9nviw91uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9h9nviw91uetdyxo2_r1_500
dailydarrennews:
@VanessaKuenzle
tbt to last night when I bought @DarrenCriss a tequila shot #glee

@VanessaKuenzle @gleefulIy @DarrenCriss it is…. but this better

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc9i9zEgDI1uetdyxo1_500
matilde_holmstrup: Me and @annaskriver was so lucky to meet the amazing @darrencriss in Covernt Garden yesterday  :happy face :big grin #london #happy #amazing #love #darrencriss #coverntgarden #travelling #lifeisgood #londonlife

Pics from last years iHeartRadio Music Festival (love their friendship  :happy face ):
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oca6327nJI1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oca6327nJI1uetdyxo2_r1_500
Via iHeartRadio’s Snapchat

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy wrote:From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_oc7tuhymPz1uetdyxo1_500

Darrencriss: Collab by P. Pan & A. Akbar

This is cute.  Peter Pan.  Who is A. Akbar.  Is that a reference to the video Akbar by Jeffery Dallas?    To a certain degree, Darren looks at life with a sense of wonder and appreciation, just as kids do, and I mean that as a great compliment. 

Okay, I'm popping in for a moment just to expose my nerdiness.  The A. Akbar that Darren is referring to is Admiral Ackbar in Star Wars. Although I must admit my disappointment in Darren misspelling his name! ha! 

The "Don't Grow Up" is, of course referring to Peter Pan. "It's a trap!" is an infamous line that Admiral Ackbar announces in "Return of the Jedi". Some Star Wars fans use the quote in hilarious references in "It's a Trap!" memes. lol. 
Here's a video of the scene.  Ackbar's line comes at about 58 seconds.
http://www.starwars.com/video/into-the-trap

You may recall my fellow Star Wars nerd, Darren, tweeting some love when the actor that voiced Admiral Ackbar died recently in April:

Follow
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 DYRxqe0T_biggerDarren CrissVerified account‏

[ltr]@DarrenCriss[/ltr]

RIP Erik Bauersfeld, who gave us Admiral Akbar's voice, and one of the best line readings in voiceover history. May the force be with you!

• RETWEETS802

• LIKES2,384

• festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Default_profile_4_normalfestival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 HExCVaTf_normalfestival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 OMek8V4J_normalfestival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 WZiODmzd_normalfestival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 IX0jAx3o_normalfestival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 GD5glcaJ_normalfestival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 KxxUTDvN_normalfestival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 O9ZJl5Ex_normalfestival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 JbCBMltD_normal

5:11 PM - 4 Apr 2016
:cry

Also, thank you for your kind words regarding my signature, Poppy and *Jeremy*!  Unfortunately, I have no creativity or photoshop skills. Some artful person of tumblr created it and gave me permission to use it at the GF. 

I actually LOVE Lin's and *Jeremy*'s signatures.  The many facets of Darren is so awesome, and, of course, Klaaaaaaine...in the elevator! They both make me smile when I see them!  :love

Sorry for the short post. I hope to add to your interesting conversation a little later, but for now, it's nighty-night time!   Sleep

Note from Poppy:
Lilikoiluv, I'm sorry, but unfortunately I was unable to restore some of your pics in this post.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv! 

Lilikoiluv wrote:Okay, I'm popping in for a moment just to expose my nerdiness.  The A. Akbar that Darren is referring to is Admiral Ackbar in Star Wars. Although I must admit my disappointment in Darren misspelling his name! ha! 

The "Don't Grow Up" is, of course referring to Peter Pan. "It's a trap!" is an infamous line that Admiral Ackbar announces in "Return of the Jedi". Some Star Wars fans use the quote in hilarious references in "It's a Trap!" memes. lol. 
Here's a video of the scene.  Ackbar's line comes at about 58 seconds.
http://www.starwars.com/video/into-the-trap

You may recall my fellow Star Wars nerd, Darren, tweeting some love when the actor that voiced Admiral Ackbar died recently in April:

Follow
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 DYRxqe0T_biggerDarren CrissVerified account‏

[ltr]@DarrenCriss[/ltr]

RIP Erik Bauersfeld, who gave us Admiral Akbar's voice, and one of the best line readings in voiceover history. May the force be with you!

Thanks so much for this informative explanation, Lilikoiluv!   I had no idea who Ackbar was (and haha!  to being disappointed in Darren misspelling Ackbar's name :big grin ).  Thanks for the link to that Star Wars "It's a trap scene."   I am so impressed that you knew this, Lilikoiluv!  

Yes, I love all the signatures of you guys! 

I would love to get your input/views on the issue of how popular Darren is (and how to gauge a celebrity's popularity) whenever you have some free time, Lilikoiluv!   Also if others want to jump into this discussion too (Tash, springbay, dusty, Lin).

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Hypable wrote:Photos: Darren Criss, Ben Affleck, Margot Robbie see 'The Cursed Child' together
Full circle moment alert: A Very Potter Musical star Darren Criss saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child this weekend!

Criss, who was best known for his role as Harry Potter in StarKid’s musical before he joined Glee, got to see the first official Potter play at London’s Palace Theater.

He attended the show with two superstars: Ben Affleck and Margot Robbie, who played Batman and Harley Quinn in Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad earlier this year.

The Cursed Child’s official Twitter account released the following photos of Darren Criss, Ben Affleck, and Margot Robbie attending the show over the weekend.

We wonder what Criss in particular thought of the show? He hasn’t said anything about it on Twitter (yet).

With this development, Criss has beaten fellow known-for-playing-Harry-Potter person Dan Radcliffe to seeing The Cursed Child. The original Harry Potter actor recently said that he wouldn’t see it until the mayhem dies down. However, he plans to read the script book on an upcoming vacation.

His co-stars Emma Watson and Rupert Grint have already seen the play.

The Cursed Child opened officially on July 30, the day before the script book was released worldwide.
August 22, 2016

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocbji6FuJL1uetdyxo1_1280
@HPPlayLDN: .@MargotRobbie, @BenAffleck & @DarrenCriss met the #CursedChild cast at the Palace Theatre. #KeepTheSecrets

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocbky5e6Wd1uetdyxo1_500
Darren and Jamie Parker, who plays Harry in the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Play - August 20, 2016 | Source

Note:  Is it just me, or does anyone see a rough similarity between Darren and Jamie Parker, who plays Harry Potter in The Cursed Child?

Those glasses that Darren has been wearing for a while give off a Harry Potter kind of vibe.  :amused

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocbjyxqUlT1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocbrosehnh1uetdyxo1_500

Darren taking in the sights of London (including a sleeping dog. :amused )

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocbpz0Lm5Y1uetdyxo2_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocbpz0Lm5Y1uetdyxo1_250
Via Darren’s Snapchat - August 22, 2016

Pic with a fan.  :happy face
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocbgzvdHhy1uetdyxo1_500
flavien_adam: | GLEE | @darrencriss  :heart eyes #crush #glee #DarrenCriss #Balans #nightshift

And this is sweet. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocbgo7yi6d1uetdyxo1_500

I guess he had some travel delays on Norwegian Airlines.  
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocba7zHNfu1uetdyxo1_500

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Pre-sale of tickets for Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages begins tomorrow (Tuesday, August 23) at 10 am!

Darren's Calendar:

August 23          PRE-SALE--Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages (L.A.) begins at 10am!
                           Sign up on the Hollywood Pantages email list:   Official Website.

Watch the The Hollywood Pantages Facebook

August 29           White Rabbit Red Rabbit
                            Tickets at Telecharge.com or call Telecharge at  212-239-6200.

September 5       Elsie Fest

Click here for tickets (via Ticketmaster)  

September 9        TICKET
SALE--Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages (L.A.) begins at 10am!
                             Sign up on the Hollywood Pantages email list:   Official Website.

Watch the The Hollywood Pantages Facebook

October 2-30 
     Hedwig & the Angry Inch. SF:   Tickets

November 1-27   Hedwig & the Angry Inch.  L.A.:    Official Site

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Pre-sale of tickets for Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages begins TODAY (Tuesday, August 23) at 10 am!

From Dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocdwpc7uTn1uetdyxo1_500

darrencriss: Exclusive L.A. presale begins now! bit.ly/hedwigpantages Click “More Info” on the day you’d like to see HEDWIG for tix ⚡️ @lenarockerhall @titsodclay #HedwigTour

Link to Pre-sale Tickets:  http://bit.ly/presaleLA

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocdgrgdInF1uetdyxo1_500

Hedwig on Broadway Exclusive L.A. Presale begins now! @DarrenCriss @LenaRockerHall @TitsofClay  @PantagesTix: http://bit.ly/presaleLA

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren will be on Hollywood Today Live tomorrow, August 24.

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocdwb8gxzx1uetdyxo1_500

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From DarrenCrissArmy

Where to Watch – Hollywood Today Live

hollywoodtodaylive.com

Visit this link >>

Darren will appear on Hollywood Today Live on 8/24! Check to see when it airs near you!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

From Darren being on Hollywood Today Live (August 24, 2016).

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocff1wAloV1uetdyxo1_1280
@TannerThomason: HUGE show today with @mercedesmason @DarrenCriss plus @mrmattwalsh said I was funny, so life pretty much made #ucb
dailydarrennews

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocfkr1yeZA1uetdyxo1_500
Helloross: How much do I heart @DarrenCriss?!? Saw him in “Hedwig” on Boradway & was blown away. He was on #HTL today & is the sweetest. I’m a big fan

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocfmcfJzbW1uetdyxo1_500

Hollywood Today Live ‏Our awesome guests today, @mrmattwalsh @DarrenCriss & @mercedesmason! #HTL

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocfu7rwfCr1uetdyxo1_400
Hollywood Today Live Had a great time with @DarrenCriss on the show today! Watch his full interview now! http://bit.ly/2bC8nRw

I thought being on Hollywood Today Live was a nice opportunity to promote both the Hedwig tour and Elsie Fest. 

I wonder what this means?  (Please say it has to do with Darren's music . . . )  And this is a very nice pic!   Wonder when it was taken?
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocg7yqjtYn1uetdyxo1_1280
loudmouthmuch: Back at it with @darrencriss working on his new project
dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Happy One-Year Anniversary to dailydarrennews.  :happy face

dailydarrennews wrote:
Thank YOU for a fabulous first year!
Today marks the first anniversary of the day Nadine and I created this blog and we both wanted to quickly send all of you a warm and heartfelt THANK YOU!

You guys have been amazing, this blog has grown so much in the past year and it’s all because of you. We’re both grateful that so many of you have joined the ride and continue to support us every day, here and on Twitter. So again, thank you! :happy face

To celebrate this first year with you, we’ve freshened up the layout both here and on Twitter, and we’ll soon be adding a FAQ section as well!

Here’s to another year around, well, not the sun, but Darren! Wink
Laura & Nadine
#HappyBirthdayDDN Wink
August 25 2016

We are fortunate that these two hard-working, efficient , loyal fans of Darren have stepped up to update their fellow Darren fans about Darren's busy life.   I'm grateful to them.  applause

Andy and Micheal's wedding:  another pic.   Looks very elegant. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ochh2hoI6V1uetdyxo1_500

seangrandillo: The #tbt fodder provided by #EloiseHasTwoDads is unbelievable. The limit does not exist.

In other news:  :happy face 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocgysckRKe1uetdyxo1_500

Darren has reached 2 million followers on Twitter on August 25th, 2016.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Thank you for your answer about how famous and popular he is now. Actually, I was kind of wondering : "if I meet a bunch of American people and begin to talk about Darren, would they know who he is ?". 

I've watched the HTL interview. It was nice to see him back on a talkshow.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, I agree, it was nice to see him back on a talk show.  I was just thinking the same thing.  Hopefully, we'll see him on a talk show for another project, maybe Smitten?  

Jeremy wrote:Thank you for your answer about how famous and popular he is now. Actually, I was kind of wondering : "if I meet a bunch of American people and begin to talk about Darren, would they know who he is ?".

Hmm.  I guess it depends on what group of Americans, in terms of their demographics.   If it's folks in their teens or twenties, I would say you would have a larger chance of them knowing who Darren is, than older folks.  Darren definitely has older fans, but I'm guessing many older folks didn't watch Glee, even when it was big, unless they kept in touch with pop culture.   My husband works with mostly older folks and most of them have not heard of Glee, which to me, is a big surprise (since as a fan of Glee, I assume most people would know about the show).   I think it's safe to say that Lea is the most well-known of the Glee cast, and many of my husband's co-workers don't know who she is, or Cory.   Of course, there is a big flaw in using my husband's co-workers as a study group, since it's just a small group of folks.   :amused

I once visited a relative on his college campus, and met with many of his friends.  Most of them knew about Glee.   Another relative is now in her early thirties, and she knew about Glee.  My older relatives had not heard about it, except one older relative, who watches a lot of TV.

And I don't think Darren has yet become a visible name in terms of theater/Broadway actors.   (I am hopeful in time, he may be.  I'll love for him to do some plays, along with musicals, like Daniel Radcliffe did.)    Ideally, I would love for him to gain more wide-spread visibility (which also would make him more accessible to his fans, especially those not in the U.S.) by doing some films, some TV roles and releasing some music.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren is doing a pop up performance at a piano bar.  :happy face 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocitao0DKY1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ocitao0DKY1uetdyxo2_500
todaytix link

By downloading TodayTix (and selecting "A Pop-Up Piano Bar with Darren Criss"), you enter a free mobile lottery to win up to 2 free mobile lottery tickets, for a Pop-Up Piano Bar with Darren on August 31.  :happy face

The mobile Lottery entry period is from August 26 to August 30 at 2 pm.  Winners are notified between 2-4 pm on August 30. 

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 9 Tumblr_ociw4fOGlA1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss Pizza and singalongs at a SECRET LOCATION? Thanks @todaytix​ go.todaytix.com/DarrenCrisslotto (link in bio)

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Yes, I agree, it was nice to see him back on a talk show.  I was just thinking the same thing.  Hopefully, we'll see him on a talk show for another project, maybe Smitten?

Such a shame the HTL people didn't ask a question about Smitten...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum