Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Hard to tell how recognizable Darren is to random people... Glee used to be VERY popular when he joined the show, but he looks pretty different from his character, so I don't think he gets recognized that much? A lot of those people who post selfies with him didn't just happen to run into him, they are fans who knew where he was from social media and went looking for him. Though there are definitely always people randomly recognize him on the spot, too. Easily distinguishable when they tag their posts #Blaine #Glee or call him "Blane from Glee".   Razz
Poppy wrote:Aw, this will make Lilikoiluv, Lin and dusty smile.  Darren went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in London.  
Poppy wrote:brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocbky5e6Wd1uetdyxo1_500
Darren and Jamie Parker, who plays Harry in the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Play - August 20, 2016 | Source
Note:  Is it just me, or does anyone see a rough similarity between Darren and Jamie Parker, who plays Harry Potter in The Cursed Child?
Definitely not just you! I have no attachment to this play/cast, but the picture made me weirdly emotional anyway and I suspect it's because they do look so alike here!

Poppy wrote:
I wonder what this means?  (Please say it has to do with Darren's music . . . )  And this is a very nice pic!   Wonder when it was taken?
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocg7yqjtYn1uetdyxo1_1280
loudmouthmuch: Back at it with @darrencriss working on his new project
dailydarrennews
...speaking of look-alikes! It's so cute that he always jokes about looking like Blaine.  :love (Oh, I just noticed DCN missed his hashtag - #fathersontimes.)
And of course, I'm very curious what they're working on. :big grin

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Such a shame the HTL people didn't ask a question about Smitten...

Yes, I agree, Jeremy, it would have been nice to get an update!  

Lin!  It's so nice to hear from you!  I was thinking of dropping you a PM just to say hi.  I hope you are doing well.

Lin wrote:Hard to tell how recognizable Darren is to random people... Glee used to be VERY popular when he joined the show, but he looks pretty different from his character, so I don't think he gets recognized that much? A lot of those people who post selfies with him didn't just happen to run into him, they are fans who knew where he was from social media and went looking for him. Though there are definitely always people randomly recognize him on the spot, too. Easily distinguishable when they tag their posts #Blaine #Glee or call him "Blane from Glee".   brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Icon_razz

I agree, it's hard to predict if a random group of folks would recognize Darren.   Glee was huge when Darren joined the show in Season 2.  And Glee had plenty of older folks who were fans too (although I think most of its fans were younger people).   Now that I think about it more, it may be that my husband's co-workers were not aware of Glee because they are on the most part, pretty conservative (as well as being older).    I do live in a more conservative suburb (we moved for work/a job), so my frame of reference would be different than if I lived in a more liberal city.    (When I used to live in northern Cal, I would guess that many folks even if they were older, would know of Glee, and possibly recognize Darren on the street.)     Even where I live now, I knew a group of older women who actually had a Glee-viewing night every week.    They are liberal folks.   One of the women actually saw Darren at the Roxy when he first started Glee.     Darren does look pretty different than Blaine, so that may cause him to sneak under the radar when he is out and about.   Ha.  Yes, love the tags #Blaine #Glee:big grin

Lin wrote:Definitely not just you! I have no attachment to this play/cast, but the picture made me weirdly emotional anyway and I suspect it's because they do look so alike here!

I agree.  I felt weirdly emotional too, seeing the resemblance and thinking of Darren possibly being in the production (if he was English). 

Lin wrote:Enlarge this image
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocg7yqjtYn1uetdyxo1_1280
loudmouthmuch: Back at it with @darrencriss working on his new project
dailydarrennews
...speaking of look-alikes! It's so cute that he always jokes about looking like Blaine.  brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 3446027931 (Oh, I just noticed DCN missed his hashtag - #fathersontimes.)
And of course, I'm very curious what they're working on. brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 2780594425

He does look like an older Blaine, doesn't he?  He could have played Blaine's dad, except for the Eurasian comment (since Blaine's mom didn't look Asian).  I didn't even check to see that the tag was missing.  So observant of you, Lin!   Aw "fathersontimes."  

Does anyone recognize this pic.  Is it a recent one or older one? 

Let's speculate!  Maybe an album?  Or a single?   Or maybe music for a musical?

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:59 am; edited 3 times in total

Poppy wrote:He does look like an older Blaine, doesn't he?  He could have played Blaine's dad, except for the Eurasian comment (since Blaine's mom didn't look Asian).  I didn't even check to see that the tag was missing.  So observant of you, Lin!   Aw "fathersontimes."  

Does anyone recognize this pic.  Is it a recent one or older one? 

Let's speculate!  Maybe an album?  Or a single?   Or maybe music for a musical?

I only noticed the missing tag because I had read it earlier on Twitter and wanted to re-read it to comment on it. And then I thought I had made it up.

I don't recognize the picture, but I assumed it was recent because of the "back at it" and "new project". And I just assumed it must have to do with recording... something... but I really don't know enough about what his job is exactly.  :talking

I'm still bitter that we never got to see Blaine's father. But I might be even more bitter over how utterly pointless his mother was.  :cry

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:I don't recognize the picture, but I assumed it was recent because of the "back at it" and "new project". And I just assumed it must have to do with recording... something... but I really don't know enough about what his job is exactly.  brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 674680048

The back of it does look like the studio where he recorded "Not Alone,"  although I'm sure there are a lot of rooms with wood paneling.

Enlarge this image
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_nzkunj6l1d1qbqtkso1_500
DCN
tirpse:

DarrenCriss: @loudmouthmuch part two. Represent.com/darrencriss #NotAloneBTS
DCN

I'm glad you remembered the "#fathersontimes," Lin.   Awesome catch!

Lin, I know what you mean about feeling disappointed about never seeing Blaine's father (and how disappointing was the lack of interaction between Blaine and his mother).   Sigh.   

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 250?cb=20141217034049brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 641a040bb403114bcf3e6a4ea63f41d5

A physical difference between Blaine and Darren ? I don't see what you talk about  :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

hahaha!  laugh until you cry

Jeremy, you are honestly so funny.   :laughing   thumbs up

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews: 

About that Pop-Up Piano Bar with Darren (it's in NYC).
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocoh90pvka1uetdyxo1_500
The Pop-Up Piano Bar Event with Darren will take place in New York City

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Sadly, Gene Wilder passed today.  So talented.   So many classics.
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocovioTAFo1uetdyxo1_500
August 29, 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren serenading restuarant diners (promoting Elsie Fest informally?  :amused ).

singsavana: Just being serenaded by @darrencriss in #littleitaly!

dailydarrennews August 30, 2016

somecallmejordy: Only in NY are you serenaded tableside by @darrencriss  #iloveny #lostmymind

dailydarrennews August 30, 2016

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It was Mia's birthday yesterday. 

From dailydarrennews:

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocuvdoKyDk1uetdyxo1_250  brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocuvdoKyDk1uetdyxo2_250
via Darren’s Snapchat on September 1st, 2016
September 01 2016

Pics with folks (some nice messages).
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocvc6uVceW1rr00q0o1_500

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocvc6uVceW1rr00q0o2_500
belleybuttons:

kevtjm: What a gracious man.

misterhamish: That time I hung out with Darren Criss.  us #actors #happy #shenanigans #newyork #nyc #thursday @darrencriss

September 02 2016   (Source)

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren and his college roommate Etai went to the premiere of Sully, the film
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od47bkNbWR1rr00q0o1_500
belleybuttons:

Etai Benson:  #Michigan roomies at the premiere of #Sully. @darrencriss #goblue

Etai Benson:  One of the perks of having celebrity friends: fancy movie premieres.#Michigan roomies at the premiere of #Sully. @darrencriss #goblue
via dailydarrennews)

Some nice pics of Darren at the premiere.
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo1_400

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo7_r1_500

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo2_400

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo3_400

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo5_r1_400

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo6_r1_400

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo8_r1_400

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo10_r1_400

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo9_r1_400

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od452pE0bC1uetdyxo4_r1_400

dailydarrennews:
LQ | Actor Darren Criss attends The New York Premiere of Warner Bros Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures ‘Sully’ at AliceTully Hall at Lincoln Center on September 6th, 2016 in New York City
September 07 2016   (Source)

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od5mc9NcWJ1uetdyxo1_500
etaibenson: @darrencriss killing it on the red carpet at the NYC #Sully premiere. #goblue @uofmichigan #proudroomie
September 07 2016
dailydarrennews

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od51gogXp41r9uungo1_500
lemonlimeon:
Darren at the Sully premiere last night with my friend and his mom (Tireny Sutton, who did some of the music.)
September 07 2016   (Source)

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I believe General Sales for Hedwig and the Angry Inch for the Hollywood Pantages (Los Angeles) opens tomorrow September 9, at 10 am.  

And Darren is at Joe's Pub as a special guest tonight!

Darren's Calendar:

September 8        Darren as special guest at Joe's Pub (NYC).   Link:  Joe's Pub     

September 9        TICKET SALE--Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages (L.A.) begins at 10am!  Official Website.  

September 14      Darren in Petty Fest concert in Los Angeles.     Tickets   

September 15      Darren will perform an acoustic song from Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Montalbán Theatre in Los Angeles.  Tickets

October 2-30 
      Hedwig & the Angry Inch. SF:   Tickets

November 1-27    Hedwig & the Angry Inch.  L.A.:    Official Site

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocscyf0qoj1uetdyxo1_500
Link
August 31, 2016

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:33 am; edited 3 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od6w83ImR31uetdyxo1_500

September 08 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren having fun at Summer Stage in NYC, and of course supporting his friends.  :happy face

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od6z1zjhWz1uetdyxo1_500
September 08 2016

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od683tVTkE1qbool4o1_500
mypatronusisklaine:
darrencriss: Michigan Game Winner. @vulfpeck @joeydosik @uofmichigan
September 08 2016   (Source)

With Laura Osnes, Nathan Johnson and Ricky:
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od5x5ykK881rr00q0o2_r1_500
belleybuttons:
Laura Osnes: You say, good #Bai. I say, hello! @drinkbai @SummerStage @vulfpeck @NathanJohnsonNY @DarrenCriss @RockerRick

With his friend Britney Coleman. 
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od5t8b7QQL1rr00q0o1_500
belleybuttons:
steph_dispoto: TOTALLY AWESOME hanging with @darrencriss and @britneycoleman at the @lawrencetheband #summerstage show tonight #averypottermusical #glee

And a pic with fans at Summer Stage, with their nice message.  :happy face
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od62ssD9bN1qbool4o1_500
mypatronusisklaine:
_Olivia__Grace_: This was TOTALLY AWESOME. thanks for being such an amazing person @DarrenCriss, you made our days

Video of Darren being sweet and giving a supportive message to Women2Women.

Women2Women: On Sunday, I had the opportunity to talk with an incredible gentleman - Darren Criss from Glee and Broadway! He asked me about what I do, and I told him about Women2Women. He was really impressed and wanted to send a video message to everyone that has been a part of W2W and those working on their action plans.

[The purpose of the Women2Women (W2W) International Leadership Program is to identify and engage promising young women leaders (ages 15-19 years) and train them in the areas of leadership development, cultural awareness, conflict resolution and civic engagement.]

September 08 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Belatedly posting this. 

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_od79moe9N11ubd9qxo1_1280
https://www.facebook.com/campyatc/posts/10154584272599390:0
via DarrenCrissArmy

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

ha!  Cute!  I can see Darren doing this.  :amused 
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_odavt9YwoT1qbool4o1_500

September 10 2016   (Source)

Buy JON Magazine so you can read about this (and look at beautiful pics of Darren).  :happy face
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_odax3wMgw11qbool4o1_500
mypatronusisklaine:
jonmagazine: Darren Criss @darrencriss talks about being stabbed by Kathy Bates. Get the latest issue of JÓN Magazine to read the full interview!

September 10 2016   (Source)

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I think about going to NY someday. Maybe I will see Darren on a bike :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:I think about going to NY someday. Maybe I will see Darren on a bike brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 3295213406

And maybe you will get high-fived!  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

In remembrance of those people who lost their lives on September 11, 2001, as well as all those who lost their lives over the years to terrorism.

Darren posted some nice messages and pics today.

From dailydarrennews:

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_odd5rbP4Ew1uetdyxo1_1280
darrencriss 15 years ago was one of the worst days our country has ever seen. And now I’m watching the sun go down over a proud, strong, beautiful city where our flag is hung on every post and the people dance on the pier, with the Freedom Tower standing tall in the background. I say this completely un-ironically for the first time, but America- fuck yeah.
September 11, 2016

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_odd2tkwjK71uetdyxo1_500
Via Darren’s Snapchat - September 11, 2016

The first part of this is lovely to watch.  The second part is an example of Darren celebrating life in his own wacky, exuberant way.

fallenjunkie:

Via Darren’s Snapchat (September 11, 2016)

September 11 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

Here is a compilation of Darren's snapchat with captions.  It continues to show the celebration of life and the beauty of life, through Darren's eyes. 

mypatronusisklaine:

Compilation of Darren’s snapchat (with captions per request) - September 11th, 2016
(via  gleekto)

Darren went again to a Vulpeck show (September 10).  :happy face

I love the joy that is apparent here.  The Energizer Bunny happily hopping around with his friends, making fun music.

alexamitchell7: I didn’t think @darrencriss was actually performing in front of us. Even afterward when I ask him for a picture with @cait_joy_rear I still didn’t believe it was him. I’m a very clueless person #itwashim #hewasverynice #caitsheadedforthehills #brooklynbowl

September 11, 2016
dailydarrennews

katbakke: Best 1997 cover I’ve heard in a long time, mmmmbop baby! #newyork #vulfpeck

bbarcos3: MMMM BOP Awesomee @vulfpeck @theokatzman @darrencriss

dailydarrennews

This one cracked me up.  :big grin
brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_odbunmIvEz1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
lexafryteed: THE WORST FUCKING HAIRSTYLES EVER @DARRENCRISS LMAO
September 11 2016   (Source)

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Calendar:

September 12        Voices for the Voiceless:  Stars for Foster Kids (NYC)   

September 14      *Darren in Petty Fest concert in Los Angeles.     Tickets  

September 15      **Darren will perform an acoustic song from Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Montalbán Theatre in Los Angeles.  Tickets

October 2-30      Hedwig & the Angry Inch. SF:   Tickets

November 1-27   Hedwig & the Angry Inch.  L.A.:    Tickets

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_odeu3cnkv51ubd9qxo1_1280

brooklyn -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 10 Tumblr_ocscyf0qoj1uetdyxo1_500
Link

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum