Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

21festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Empty Glee Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I meant to come back to this Glee-related news posted by dailydarrennews, but forgot to, due to all the videos and pics about The Little Mermaid rehearsals. 

After first being introduced to Kurt Hummel (played by Chris Colfer) as he was being thrown into a dumpster on the series premiere of Glee, the Fox show tackled gay issues big and small, bringing LGBT storylines to the forefront. In 2010, Kurt met the swoontastic (and equally out) Blaine Anderson (Darren Criss), causing the audience to cry “squee!” into their Tumblrs and Twitter accounts at the same time. Blaine and the Warblers serenaded Kurt with Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream,” and the Glee cast earned its best single sales week for a download with the song’s release (214,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan).

- 25 Pivotal LGBT Moments In Music  | billboard

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o84cr70Krf1r4jvu5o1_500
klaine-run-the-world:
cosmopolitan.com

22festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Empty Today Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:14 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So I'm going to see The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl tonight.  So I won't be updating much on this forum before the show tonight at 8 pm.   I'll post my views on tonight's show (although you can probably guess I'm gonna love every minute of it!) tomorrow.    I hope everyone is enjoying all the videos from last night!    When you have a huge outdoor arena filled with lots of Darren fans, you are gonna get a lot of videos.  :amused

I see quite a few guests.  Please register!   I would love to talk with all of you.  If you know me on the GF, I'm pretty friendly.  All fans of Darren are welcome here.   My philosophy is to be inclusive and to have a warm, safe place to talk about Darren.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hillary Clinton was in Sacramento, CA on Sunday, campaigning for the election occurring this coming Tuesday June 7.    She was at Sacramento City College.

From dailydarrencriss:

Darren expressed his support of Hillary today in Sacramento, and urged everyone to make sure to vote and to urge others they know to vote, noting how scary a time it is (although he didn't mention Trump himself, at least in these videos).

I'm so impressed with Darren that he continues to be involved in politics and in social issues.  It's evident he really cares.

I can't embed but I'll link to the videos.  Thank you dailydarrennews for capturing these videos.

Links to videos:

1)  dailydarrennews-video
"Vu Chau Actor @DarrenCriss at #HillaryinSac rally. YASSSSSSSSSS the Gleek inside me is screaming hard"

2)  dailydarrennews- video
"Brent Finke ‏Just being surprised by @DarrenCriss no big deal"

3)  dailydarrennews- video
Hillary Clinton rally in Sacramento - June 5, 2016 | Source

Cute video with Hillary Clinton with Darren and Mia:
dailydarrennews
@DarrenCriss: What an amazing day. Thank you, @HillaryClinton . Seeya at the polls on Tuesday, California! #imwithher

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8cb1n8m2B1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: What an amazing day. Thank you, @hillaryclinton . Seeya at the polls on Tuesday, California! #imwithher

More pics of Darren at the Hillary rally
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bspcxSEN1uetdyxo2_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bspcxSEN1uetdyxo3_250

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bspcxSEN1uetdyxo4_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bspcxSEN1uetdyxo5_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bspcxSEN1uetdyxo10_1280
Darren Criss at rally for Hillary Clinton in Sacramento on June 5, 2016 (x|x|x|x|x)

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 am; edited 3 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8clpkZJ551uetdyxo1_500

Some more videos at the Hillary rally in Sacramento

A longer video:
(1)
"It's a pretty scary time." 
"He's running a campaign predicated on fear and theatrics."
dailydarrennews Video
"avenuekjb: Also, thanks to @darrencriss for coming through to show his support for Hillary! #hillaryclinton #hillary2016 #imwithher #fightingforus #everything #sacramento #getintoit #voteblue #darrencriss"

(2)
dailydarrennews Video
Two more videos of Darren at the Hillary Clinton rally in Sacramento - June 5, 2016 [x|x]

(3)
dailydarrennews Video
@shmoland: .@DarrenCriss - “Thank God for Hillary Clinton.” @TheStateHornet

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bvni89Tv1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bvni89Tv1uetdyxo2_r1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bvni89Tv1uetdyxo3_r1_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8bvni89Tv1uetdyxo4_r1_250
Darren Criss at a rally for Hillary Clinton in Sacramento on June5, 2016 (x|x|x|x)

Klaine in the news:
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8cmfgCBIL1uetdyxo1_500
Blaine and Kurt, Glee.
Their couple name is so perfect–Klaine! So short and sweet and wonderful–that they kind of had to end up together. Oh also they were an inspiration to plenty of struggling teenagers across the country. But that name though! | TV’s 50 Greatest Couples Ever

Darren being his usual, supportive self and congratulating people on their Drama Desk Awards (held last night, Sunday).
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8c8o1B91y1uetdyxo1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8c8o1B91y1uetdyxo3_r1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8c8o1B91y1uetdyxo4_r1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8c8o1B91y1uetdyxo2_r2_500

Christopher Fitzgerald starred in Girl Most Likely with Darren, but Darren has been a fan of Christopher's work for a while.  Christopher won "Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical" for his work in Waitress. 

Cynthia Erivo won "Outstanding Actress in a Musical" for The Color Purple

And Darren's U of Michigan friends Pasek and Paul won "Outstanding Lyrics" for Dear Evan Hansen

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total

25festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Empty I Voted! (Or "detoV I") Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Love Darren combining humor, with being a good citizen and voting today in California.  :amused

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8fg9r5nAg1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss DETOV I !!!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Just a reminder:   :hello

The date by which Darren's t-shirt--"I'm in Love with a Teenage Mermaid"--is available is June 14 (about 6 days left).  Represent.com

27festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Empty Elvis Durran video, Da Man, fan pics Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Funny and weird video about using social media, with some comments from Darren. 

Short video of Da Man at their Celebration, with cute comments from Darren.   He appears twice in the video

gif of Darren in the Da Man video

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8fznzgL2m1rk63wco1_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8fznzgL2m1rk63wco2_250

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8fznzgL2m1rk63wco3_250  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8fznzgL2m1rk63wco4_250
laura-belle

Some pics from the past:

A photo of Darren accompanying this fan at the Tony Awards 2015.  :happy face
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8g1s19fub1uetdyxo1_500
@AmyTrigg: Year ago yesterday since @DarrenCriss and I went on a date to some awards show. #itwasntadate #orwasit

Going even further back in time with this photo.  Glee Live was in 2011.   He hasn't aged much at all, has he? 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8gyx43Sc91uetdyxo1_500
@nikolezane: @DarrenCriss 5 years ago you were in traffic in the car in front of me on the way to Glee Live in Philly. best day.

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

28festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Empty Da Man video Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

A video from Da Man:

Darren Criss’ Red Carpet Interview at the 9th DA MAN Anniversary Party

Omg! Darren and Loki in that first photo upthread! The height difference! Maybe they were talking about the possibility of Darren appearing in Thor Ragnarokkk. Darren would totally kick ass as a Viking God. He could play Balder.

That Da Man video....
:love He's so beautiful!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ha!  But Tom is what, 6'2"?   Anyone standing next to him would look short by comparison.   :amused  (I would look like a child next to Tom.  I'm very short.)

YES!  Good idea, dusty!   Let's have Darren in Thor!   I have no idea who Balder is, but I trust your judgment.    Dusty is good about keeping updated on entertainment news.  thumbs up

He's looking good.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren was out and about.    Having some fun, and just relaxing.  :happy face

Spotted at Disneyland.

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8nkjsURMh1rr00q0o1_500
belleybuttons:
avery_schroeder: You’re the Mickey to my Minnie. The Tigger to my Winnie…Darren?   #averypottermusical

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8nllnYlIo1uetdyxo1_500
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8nllnYlIo1uetdyxo2_500
June 11, 2016

And he went to the Magic Castle in Hollywood, CA.  Yes, that's Vanessa you see.  :happy face
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8o6gtX4kt1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8o6gtX4kt1uetdyxo2_500
stevenhimmel: Another fantastic night at the Magic Castle! #amagicallife #stevenhimmelmagic

stevenhimmel: Such a fun night at the Magic Castle! #amagicallife #stevenhimmelmagic

Only about 1 more day to buy Darren's t-shirt. 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8m7ggnI0P1uetdyxo2_500

Partial proceeds go to Musicians On Call.  represent.com

More from Da Man:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8o4ewsdP21uetdyxo2_1280
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8o4ewsdP21uetdyxo3_1280
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8o4ewsdP21uetdyxo4_1280
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8o4ewsdP21uetdyxo5_1280
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8o4ewsdP21uetdyxo6_1280
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8o4ewsdP21uetdyxo1_1280

[HQ] Darren Criss featured in the June-July issue of Daman Magazine

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

"I might have peed myself a little" :laughing

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

uh oh.   confused   Jeremy, are you ok?

From dailydarrennews:

Some more pics from Disneyland, with some nice messages from those who met Darren.  :happy face
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8ohmxSGoQ1uetdyxo1_500
@sonny_buns: I got to meet @DarrenCriss last night! He is an amazingly kind and down to earth human being. So humbled by him!

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8oyi1cWuS1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8oyi1cWuS1uetdyxo2_500
skye.r: I don’t even care about the quality of the picture I just met Darren Criss and Tracy Morgan in the happiest and most expensive place on Earth yesterday

@shaaylo: In less saddening news I saw @DarrenCriss again yesterday and he’s truly one of the kindest people I’ve ever met

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8q2e43T1t1uetdyxo1_500
June 11, 2016

I love how Darren shows his appreciation for his fans' support, and tries to build a personal connection with each fan he speaks with.  :happy face

And congrats to all the  2016 Tony nominees and winners.   It was a fun show last night.  James Corden did a good job as host.  I found Frank Langella and Lin-Manuel Miranda's words about the tragedy at Orlando to be very moving.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

uh oh.   festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Confused   Jeremy, are you ok?

I was laughing about that tweet : 

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8nllnYlIo1uetdyxo1_500

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ha!  :big grin

Poppy wrote:ha!  But Tom is what, 6'2"?   Anyone standing next to him would look short by comparison.   :amused  (I would look like a child next to Tom.  I'm very short.)

YES!  Good idea, dusty!   Let's have Darren in Thor!   I have no idea who Balder is, but I trust your judgment.    Dusty is good about keeping updated on entertainment news.  thumbs up

He's looking good.  :happy face
Hahahaha, yes, I am short too. 5'1. I'd be a hobitt next top Tom's giant.

Balder was the most loved amongst the norse Gods both amongst men and the gods themselves as he is pure sunshine and delight. He was the god of light, joy, purity, beauty, innocence and reconciliation. He was considered to be the best (as in of character) out of the Gods.

One of the most famous stories in norse mythology concerns Balder. He was the son of Odin and Frigg. Frigg kept dreaming about Balder dying and so she set out on a quest where she made every creature on earth swear an oath not to harm him and everyone did. The gods then happily amused themselves using Balder as a target for weapon throwing, safe in the knowledge nothing could harm him.

However Loki, in disguise, managed to get information from Frigg that she hadn't asked the mistletoe because she thought it'd be too small to swear an oath. So Loki got the mistletoe and tricked the blind Hod (Balder's brother) into shooting it at Balder and so Balder died. Odin pleaded for his life and the god of the underworld said Balder would get his life back if everything and everyone in the world wept for him. All did, except for Loki, and so Balder remained in the underworld. And to bring this full circle, never forget to include the smallest little thing, we can still be mighty! hahahahaha! tongue

Great pictures Poppy! I wonder how many times he has been to Disneyland now? He probably has a loyalty card! Aw, nice to see Vanessa in that picture. it's always nice to see the Gleeks hang out.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

dusty wrote:Balder was the most loved amongst the norse Gods both amongst men and the gods themselves as he is pure sunshine and delight. He was the god of light, joy, purity, beauty, innocence and reconciliation. He was considered to be the best (as in of character) out of the Gods.

One of the most famous stories in norse mythology concerns Balder. He was the son of Odin and Frigg. Frigg kept dreaming about Balder dying and so she set out on a quest where she made every creature on earth swear an oath not to harm him and everyone did. The gods then happily amused themselves using Balder as a target for weapon throwing, safe in the knowledge nothing could harm him.

However Loki, in disguise, managed to get information from Frigg that she hadn't asked the mistletoe because she thought it'd be too small to swear an oath. So Loki got the mistletoe and tricked the blind Hod (Balder's brother) into shooting it at Balder and so Balder died. Odin pleaded for his life and the god of the underworld said Balder would get his life back if everything and everyone in the world wept for him. All did, except for Loki, and so Balder remained in the underworld. And to bring this full circle, never forget to include the smallest little thing, we can still be mighty! hahahahaha! festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Icon_tongue

dusty, color me impressed with your knowledge of mythology.   I want to be sitting with you when I watch a Thor movie!  Razz   When you were describing Balder, as "the god of light, joy, purity, beauty, innocence and reconciliation," I have to admit I did think of Darren.  :amused   ha!  I can see Darren playing a funny scene of ducking items thrown at him by the other gods as target practice.  scared

dusty wrote:Great pictures Poppy! I wonder how many times he has been to Disneyland now? He probably has a loyalty card! Aw, nice to see Vanessa in that picture. it's always nice to see the Gleeks hang out.

Thanks dusty!   dusty, Lin, Jeremy, and Lilikoiluv, I know some of you guys have stored in your minds some Darren trivia.  I thought I read some where that Darren's voice was recorded for a Star Wars-related ride in Disneyland.   Does anyone remember this?    I thought his StarKid representative (Pat Brady) commented how Darren was screaming like a little kid when she told him the good news.   Sorry, that was pretty random of me.  That thought popped in my mind when dusty mentioned Darren's love of Disneyland.   How fitting of Darren to make a trip to  Disneyland right after he finished performing in The Little Mermaid Concerts at the Hollywood Bowl! 

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8r7kqvG631uetdyxo2_500
The Greatest LGBT TV Characters of All Time
Santana Lopez, Blaine Anderson and Kurt Hummel, Glee (Naya Rivera, Darren Criss and Chris Colfer)
Santana (Rivera) didn’t get the story development she deserved when she came out, but she spat in the face of lesbian stereotypes and never apologized for who she was on Glee. Meanwhile, the Kurt (Colfer) and Blaine (Criss) love saga became the backbone of the show in later seasons and fostered one of the most ferocious online followings. #Klaine forever.

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8rf66HYnE1uetdyxo1_500

Photo strip of Ian, Chad and Darren from Hedwig in the AGBW NYC Fanjoy box | Source

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 2 Tumblr_o8s12zszcF1uetdyxo1_500
Final number of t-shirts sold: 569 | June 14, 2016

His shirt didn't make the estimated goal.   I think part of the issue was that although the photo of his 16-year old self is adorable, it may not have been something that everyone wanted to wear (especially the older fans 😏 ).     It is for a good cause, with partial proceeds going to Musicians on Call, so I'm sure they will be happy to receive the donated funds.   applause

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy wrote:Thanks dusty!   dusty, Lin, Jeremy, and Lilikoiluv, I know some of you guys have stored in your minds some Darren trivia.  I thought I read some where that Darren's voice was recorded for a Star Wars-related ride in Disneyland.   Does anyone remember this?    I thought his StarKid representative (Pat Brady) commented how Darren was screaming like a little girl when she told him the good news.   Sorry, that was pretty random of me.  That thought popped in my mind when dusty mentioned Darren's love of Disneyland.   How fitting of Darren to make a trip to  Disneyland right after he finished performing in The Little Mermaid Concerts at the Hollywood Bowl! 

If only someone would pay us for rattling off random Darren trivia.  :Wink:
It's such a cute little story. The best part is that he had already booked Glee, but was still getting so excited about doing a background voice on an amusement park ride. And he'd probably still be excited about it today after all the other cool things he's done since.
Disneyland Star Tours story:

I remember that Disneyland ride story too! So cute!

Poppy, about the t-shirts, I agree that more people might have bought them if they had a newer picture of him on it. Also, for us who are passed our teenage years might feel weird having a t-shirt saying they're in love with a teenage mermaid! Hahahahahaha! I know I would! Generally I don't like merchandise that are emblazoned with the artists face/name. I prefer it to be more subtle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum