Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 17]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren Criss on the Power of Learning // Motivational Monday
September 12 2016

Note:  I like his message:  Respect cultures from all parts of the world.   I honestly believe that Darren personally tries to do this:  See everything.  Every play.   Every musical.  Every film.  Every concert.  (Which is why he gets no sleep, but runs on adrenaline.  :amused wha? )

I forgot to post this earlier: 

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_od39ihEBLr1uetdyxo1_500
September 06 2016

Pic that goes with Darren's tweet:
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oct23salhx1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss Loved watching two wonderful friends of mine workin together in the wonderful #waitressmusical @jennaushkowitz & @kifferfitz !

And Darren went to see Cirque du Soleil Paramour on Broadway, on September 11.
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odew78lt2h1uetdyxo2_500
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odew78lt2h1uetdyxo1_500
Link
September 12 2016

Some pics of Daren at Cirque du Soleil Paramour.
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odd9mzoMeP1uetdyxo1_1280

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odd9mzoMeP1uetdyxo2_1280

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odd9mzoMeP1uetdyxo9_r1_1280
dailydarrennews:
LQ | Darren Criss backstage at the hit musical ‘Paramour’ on Broadway at The Lyric Theatre on September 11 2016 in New York
September 12 2016   (Source)

And pics of Darren at his second Vulfpeck show (on September 10, at the Brooklyn Bowl).

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odemdvjMit1uetdyxo1_500

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odemdvjMit1uetdyxo2_500
September 10, 2016

Posted September 12, 2016

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odelhppBGG1uetdyxo1_500

bellemorephoto: Vulfpeck has had several special guests play and sing with them over the last week. Last Saturday they had their college friend and fellow musician @darrencriss join them for an encore performance of MMMBop by Hansen. Shot for Music Existence. Full gallery coming soon! #darrencriss #Vulfpeck #umich #alum #brooklyn #ny #nyc #brooklynbowl #music #musicexistence #theokatzman #mmmbop #hansen

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Calendar:

September 15      Darren will perform an acoustic song from Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Montalbán Theatre in Los Angeles.  Tickets 

September 27       Special event for SHN Members, a conversation with Darren, Lena Hall and Stephen Trask at the Orpheum Theatre.  7-8 pm.  Log into SHN Account

October 2-30       Hedwig & the Angry Inch. SF:   Tickets

November 1-27    Hedwig & the Angry Inch.  L.A.:    Tickets

-

Darren cut his hair!

darrencriss The time has come!

darrencriss It is done.

Of course, this reminded me of a very important haircut that happened about six years ago...
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_ln2pb4TbTq1qhnohvbroadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_ln2pbn24Y61qhnohv

Except when I went to look up the old tweets, I noticed that this didn't just happen ABOUT six years ago, it happened EXACTLY six years ago to the date and even posted within the same hour. Did he do that on purpose?  :cry

Last edited by Lin on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hey Lin,

Thanks so much for posting Darren's videos!   Wowza!   Sooo different.   It's amazing how different Darren looks without his long curls.   To be honest, I miss them.  :help   confused    sad face

But then again, I'm all for people changing up their look.  Maybe this will work better for those heavy Hedwig wigs? 

Lin wrote:Except when I went to look up the old tweets, I noticed that this didn't just happen ABOUT six years ago, it happened EXACTLY six years ago to the date and even posted within the same hour. Did he do that on purpose?   broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 3129030996

Oh my god, Lin, you are amazing.  I wasn't even thinking about that time he made the big hair-cut for Glee, and you made that connection immediately, AND you looked up the date when he posted those pics six years ago.   That's amazing!   bow to you :thank you  

And thank you for also posting those pics that Darren posted six years ago, to the exact date!   It can't be coincidence that he picked the same date.  Another milestone that he is sharing with his fans, as he gets ready for the Hedwig tour (and maybe other things too?).  

I actually didn't follow Darren at the time he posted those pics 6 years ago.  So I saw those famous pics a good amount of time after he had posted them, long after he appeared on Glee.  But I bet Lilikoiluv for sure, and maybe dusty too, also remembered those pics that Darren posted six years ago.

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I prefer the new haircut :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:I prefer the new haircut broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 3308115737

ha!  This is one time I disagree with you, Jeremy.   :happy face 

But he always looks good.  Just so different.  Like a different person.  Like not the Darren who we know.  But as long as he likes it, I'm fine. 

Lin, I missed that you said he posted within the hour as well.   Definitely not coincidence then!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odnv1zR2Cp1uetdyxo1_500
jonmagazine: The absolute disney price in our eyes! Grab your copy of JÓN Magazine now!!  :heart eyes

Nice photo/gif set of what Lin said.  :happy face

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odrhzvU5WS1v1f207o1_250  broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odrhzvU5WS1v1f207o2_250

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odrhzvU5WS1v1f207o3_250  broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odrhzvU5WS1v1f207o4_250

darrenishedwig:
September 18th, 2010 - Well guys, today’s the day. I’m finally gonna cut my hair! I’ll miss ya, longhair, but I’ll seeya soon! | Well gang, it’s done. Like it or hate it, it’ll grow back in no time! In the meantime, Dapperdarren ENGAGE! 

September 18th, 2016 - The time has come! | It is done.
September 19 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

The wording is similar for 2010 and 2016, too, with him saying something to the effect that time-wise, the moment has arrived where the haircut must happen (hmmmm.  for reasons).
2010:  "Well gang, it’s done."
2016:  "It is done."

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is very interesting . . . confused 

From dailydarrennews:

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odv65fVX9Z1uetdyxo1_500
dasaniqueen: after hours
dailydarrennews
September 21, 2016

So the link to the person posting it is to Hillary Bonhomme.  She adds "WQXR."

When I looked her up, it did lead to WQXR, which led me to New York Public Radio.   It is described that New York Public Radio is "is home to three of the country’s leading public radio stations – WNYC FM, WNYC AM and WQXR FM . . . WNYC is a major producer of original content for public radio nationwide.  WQXR is New York City’s only all-classical music station."   At the WQXR website, Hillary Bonhomme is listed, and she is also listed under their other station, WNYC.

I also found info about her at this site:  National Arts Marketing Project.  It says she is a vocalist.  She has an internship with WQXR, under New York Public Radio. 

So Darren is at a classical music radio station(WQXR)/station that produces original content (WNYC) in NYC?   Why?   It could be he's just visiting a friend.   Or it could be something else.

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Ok. This is interesting.  Darren does not normally tease something in this way, saying he's looking for a job.   

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odvnl5LGgG1uetdyxo1_500

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odvnl5LGgG1uetdyxo2_500

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odvnl5LGgG1uetdyxo3_r1_500

September 21 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

I love how they are using Darren's Elsie Fest pic. 

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odvgb0PPK71uetdyxo1_500
ms_sepia: Darren Criss performs at Elsie Fest VI. Still having “Ride it like you stole it” on repeat Wink. #darrencriss #elsiefest #coneyisland #fordamphitheater #festival
September 21 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, just a little over a week and Darren will be playing Hedwig again, this time in his home town of SF!   celebrate applause  Lilikoiluv must be so excited!  

From dailydarrennews:

This is pretty cool.  St. Ignatius's Peter Devine will be interviewing Darren on October 19.   Isn't Peter Devine the teacher who Darren gave a shout out to on the 2015 Tony's? 

Darren's Calendar:

September 27       Special event for SHN Members, a conversation with Darren, Lena Hall and Stephen Trask at the Orpheum Theatre.  7-8 pm.  Log into SHN Account

October 19              Interview at St. Ignatius.  7 pm. RSVP.  Tickets

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

The picture of the guy with a hoodie makes me laugh :big grin

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ha!  I think that's the main character, isn't it?  Lin?  Dusty?  (I only watched the first few episodes.)

Yes, the main character. The actor just won an Emmy for the role, which Darren was congratulating him for in the first tweet.
While I would obviously love to see him on that show, I wouldn't read anything into the exchange. It's something a lot of shows do on their social media (take the names/icons of fans and incorporate them in a picture) to promote the show and make the fans feel engaged. And I think it's also not the first time Darren jokingly asked for a job on a project he likes (for example The Flash?).

But I AM curious if there's anything more to that haircut. When he was doing Hedwig last year, he cut it neither that short nor two weeks in advance, so I don't think it's for that.

*Jeremy* wrote:I prefer the new haircut :happy face
Blasphemy.
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_o829joJRZV1v1f207o2_250 x

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:Yes, the main character. The actor just won an Emmy for the role, which Darren was congratulating him for in the first tweet.

Thanks Lin.  I remember the actor being very impressive and I remember that you really liked his acting.

Darren's nice congratulatory tweet to Rami:

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odqmcfEj0l1uetdyxo1_500
September 19, 2016.

I was wondering if I was reading too much into the tweets by Mr. Robot, since I saw that twitter account tweeted a lot of similar tweets with other folks (many who were not actors).   

Lin wrote:And I think it's also not the first time Darren jokingly asked for a job on a project he likes (for example The Flash?).

Oh yeah, that's right.   You have a good memory, Lin.  He doesn't do it often, though.  And speaking of The Flash, when is Darren going to be a guest star there?!   Come on, Grant, work your magic!

Lin wrote:But I AM curious if there's anything more to that haircut. When he was doing Hedwig last year, he cut it neither that short nor two weeks in advance, so I don't think it's for that.

Yes, he didn't cut his hair that short for Hedwig on Broadway (and now that I think of it, yes, he didn't cut his hair two weeks in advance of the show).   Something else is happening . . .   it's gotta be a teaser for something else.  Probably not his music, because why would he need a short haircut for his own album/music? 

Lin wrote:
@*Jeremy* wrote:I prefer the new haircut broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 3308115737

Blasphemy.
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_o829joJRZV1v1f207o2_250 x

hahaha!  It's truly amazing how different he looks with the new do.  I have to say, looking at the Global Citizen pics, I don't think he knows yet how to style it, since it's so different for him.  :amused  I'm missing the long curls.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren saw School of Rock. 

Some pics with fans.
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odznfwBMo31uetdyxo1_500
daniellep321 When you’re at @sormusicalcelebrating the end of a long week and notice that Darren Criss is sitting two rows away from you, you work up the nerve to ask for a photo. From #Glee to his own music to seeing him as #Hedwig multiple times (he asked if we ever made out during the audience participation part of the show!), I’ve been a massive fan…and got to speak to him tonight. He was as nice and gracious as could be. Definitely lived up to the ideal. #darrencriss #elsiefest#schoolofrockbroadway

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_odzozfMA5G1uetdyxo1_500

@bybrandonmarc What an amazing night and an amazing guy  heart  @DarrenCriss #schoolofrockbroadway

Darren's right eye looks a bit tired.   I hope he is rested before he begins Hedwig in SF.  Can't believe Hedwig will be starting in about 1.5 weeks!

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Pics with fans, and their nice messages, at School of Rock:
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe054sebDz1uetdyxo2_500
@choulihanobc: It was so cool to meet you @DarrenCriss at @SoRmusical. I am a huge fan.

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe0nk1cxBd1uetdyxo1_500

brvndonjvmes: From “A Very Potter Musical” and “Glee”, this dude is an amazing actor & singer that I was lucky enough to meet!. @darrencriss #darrencriss #fox #glee #celeb #avpm #musician #actor #nyc #greenwichvillage #westvillage #restaurant #bar #tapestry #food #global

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

In less than a week, this coming Sunday, Darren will begin the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour at San Francisco!   celebrate clapping hands  The special event with Darren, Stephen and Lena for SHN members occurs tomorrow.  

Darren's Calendar:

From dailydarrennews:

A few more pics of Darren at School of Rock.  Ben Stiller also went.  :happy face

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe4101X8qJ1uetdyxo1_400

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe4101X8qJ1uetdyxo6_500

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe4101X8qJ1uetdyxo2_400

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe4101X8qJ1uetdyxo4_250    broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe4101X8qJ1uetdyxo5_250

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe4101X8qJ1uetdyxo7_500

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe4101X8qJ1uetdyxo8_500
dailydarrennews:
HQ | Darren Criss poses backstage at the hit musical based on the film School of Rock

How does Darren make his eyes do that (so we can only see the whites)?  :amused

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe412piKgN1uetdyxo2_r1_500

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe412piKgN1uetdyxo3_r1_500

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oe412piKgN1uetdyxo4_1280
dailydarrennews:
HQ | Darren Criss and Ben Stiller pose backstage at the hit musical based on the film School of Rock

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Just a couple of more days, and then Darren begins his Hedwig performances in SF!   Before you know it, Lilikoiluv will be seeing Darren singing, dancing and acting at the Golden Gate Theatre!

Darren's Calendar:

From dailydarrennews:

Meredith Stepien and Darren being cute.  :happy face

erickdecriss:

shootthewendy With enough effort and dedication, the NSYNC “Bye Bye Bye” dance can fit to anything. @merediddys heart

September 28 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

I love Darren's positivity.  Live for the present, instead of dwelling on the past. 
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oeaezbfdia1uetdyxo1_1280
“If I had the ability to relive any day in my life I don’t think I’d want to. I’ve had a pretty good run and I want to leave it at that. I can tell you a lot of days I don’t want to relive though. Like finals in college. It was horrible. Studying for tests is the worst.” - Darren Criss for Humans of Broadway
September 29 2016
dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren supporting Theo.  :happy face
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oep3h82EGT1uetdyxo1_500
link to theo’s tweet

Tweeting Bruno Mars
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oeoiug7bWr1uetdyxo1_500

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oeoiug7bWr1uetdyxo2_500
link to video

I had posted this pic from dailydarrennews, but I found this info about Asia SF from gleekto and gottalivealoha.   Very cool. 
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oeh273lZRo1uetdyxo1_500
gleekto:
     dailydarrennews:
        AsiaSF Honored to have @DarrenCriss and @HedwigOnBway at #AsiaSF tonight

Description of AsiaSF from their website:

This restaurant-lounge-dance club quickly became a San Francisco entertainment landmark. A true celebration of diversity – many believe AsiaSF is the ultimate San Francisco experience. Our world famous transgender stars – the beautiful and talented Ladies of AsiaSF –  have always been the focal point of the AsiaSF experience.  Every evening, these divas serve you superb, critically acclaimed Cal-Asian cuisine and perform hourly atop the Chinese Red runway bar. Since opening, over 750,000 guests have experienced the warm welcoming atmosphere that makes AsiaSF a never to be forgotten evening. We are proud to bring this positive, trans-awareness experience to guests of all ages from everywhere in the U.S. and the world.
(via gottalivealoha)

This is a cute pic.  She has pics on her instagram which also are tagged Asia SF.
broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oejet7Rm3y1uetdyxo1_500
jenntab So this happened the other night. Met this SF native, Darren Criss aka BLAINE from GLEE! #glee #fangirling

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

broadwayfororlando -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 11 Tumblr_oepbugaYei1uetdyxo1_500

I can imagine Darren's childhood/high school/ACT friends are wanting to meet up with him, but he's so busy.

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum