Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

301DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Empty Royalties Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:52 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Regarding the issue of Royalties, I thought I would post a little about  the time frame that is involved with the process of how a TV show comes to be on our TV screens, primarily based on this article:  The Whole Crazy Process of Creating a TV Show, From Pitch to Pilot.  Take this with a grain of salt. 

1.  The Pitch

Begins June or July for broadcast networks (pitching generally happens from June – Sept).   The creator pitches to a studio.  Often, one will pitch to a producer first, and then the producer has a deal with a particular studio to bring the project to the studio.  If one gets studio backing, then one goes to a network.    A studio may have a corporate affiliation with a network (like Warner Bros and The CW).    So:  Producer-> Studio -> Network

2.  In the Fall, if a pitch is accepted, it becomes outlined, which hopefully become a pilot script.  Pitch -> Pilot Script.

3.  The Script

Around Halloween, the networks will order pilot scripts (or actual pilots sometimes).   Writers attempt to get a first draft of pilot scripts to the networks by Thanksgiving.  Studios and networks then weigh in with their thoughts/preferences.  Writers try to hand in a revised draft of the pilot script before the holidays in December, or before the second week of January at the latest.

4.  The networks’ options (mostly quoting from The Whole Crazy Process of Creating a TV Show, From Pitch to Pilot):

A.      "Put pilot commitment": The network pretty much promises to film the pilot, unless the script turns out to be just unfilmable.

B.      "Script order with penalty": Similarly, the network promises to order the pilot after it gets the script — or if they don't, the producers could get anywhere up to a seven-figure sum.

C.      "Pilot order": The network is ordering the filming of the pilot, possibly after having seen a script.

D.      "Direct to series order": The network will order the production of 13 episodes up front, even without seeing a pilot. This makes sense when a show has such huge set-up costs, it doesn't make sense to spend that much money to film just a pilot.  (Note:  The show begins to staff a writers’ room to develop the next 8-12 scripts after the pilot, and hiring actors, crew, and directors for the greenlit show.)

E.       "On-air commitment": The network promises to put the show on television, even before anything's been filmed. This is only really possible if there's a direct-to-series order. Also, sometimes, pilots that didn't get picked up will be shown in weird timeslots as TV movies, probably to satisfy a contract clause.

5.  In late January, a creator may receive an order to start filming a pilot.  (Note:  Pre-production may involve casting actors, scouting locations, building sets, selecting wardrobes, and having actors read the scripts.   http://lisacullen.com/2013/03/17/weve-prepped-weve-cast-now-we-shoot-the-pilot/  )

6.  Creating the pilot involves production such as filming, and post-production (editing), and mostly happens in March and April.

7.  In the second or third week in May, at the networks’ upfronts, there is an announcement to advertisers of the networks’ new shows.  The creators of the series may be notified one or 2 weeks before the upfronts that one’s show has been picked up.  But the networks also may wait until the last minute.  If the show is picked up, the creators may be sitting on a panel discussion with the actors, in front of advertisers and journalists. 

8.  Writing staffs may start the first week of June.  Sometimes writers are chosen even before a show gets official word that the show is picked up.  

9.  At Comic-Con in July, new TV shows present their pilots, and the creators and actors answer questions from the audience and journalists.   Often at this time, the show is just about to start filming its second episode. 

If this time line is correct, then hopefully late next month (late January), Darren will receive news that FOX has ordered his pilot for  Royalties, and the pilot will be filmed!    Cross our fingers!  :fingers crossed

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

302DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Empty Royalties Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So at the concert at Feinstein's at the Nikko, Darren said he sold the pilot.  Lilikoiluv, I know you asked what does that mean?   At first, I assumed it meant that he was successful in his pitch to the network--successful in selling his pilot script to the network--but that FOX has not yet ordered the pilot to be filmed (since according to this article, The Whole Crazy Process of Creating a TV Show, From Pitch to Pilot, if a creator of a pitch is lucky, he/she will get an order in late January to start filming). 

But I've been thinking about this more, and I'm thinking you were correct when you wondered since Darren's idea/pitch was sold--his pilot script was sold--does this mean now the pilot will be filmed.  The author of the article Whole Crazy Process of Creating a TV Show, From Pitch to Pilot wrote:  "Around Halloween, the networks will actually order pilot scripts (or actual pilots in some cases, see below)" (see under "4. The Scriptening" in the article).   In some cases then, in the Fall, the networks order actual pilots (not just pilot scripts).

We all know that Darren does not like to announce his projects until the last minute, until it's more of a sure thing.  Maybe the pilot to Royalties already has been ordered by FOX?

This is all of course just my speculation, taking into account Darren's pattern of announcing his projects at the last minute, and keeping quiet at the early stages of discussions.   If this interpretation is correct, it does not necessarily mean the series/the actual show, not just the pilot, has been ordered by FOX, but it certainly is exciting if Darren was given the green light to film his pilot.

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren appears around point 0.33.

Step into our Opening Night on Broadway | DEAR EVAN HANSEN
(Darren is featured at :35)
DarrenCrissArmy

Note:  I  love what Darren said.  I also think Ben Platt's words at the end are very touching.

Instagram has added updates that allow more safety for its users, including users now having the ability to remove followers and to turn off comments  Instagram Updates December 6, 2016

#Repost darrencriss Hurtful comments are very real and can have a dramatic impact on people’s lives. I’m glad #Instagram is taking initiative to keep the platform a positive place for everyone to express themselves.  http://ift.tt/2he2xn8
DarrenCrissArmy

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_ohs5axuFCo1ubd9qxo1_1280

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_ohs5axuFCo1ubd9qxo2_500  DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_ohs5axuFCo1ubd9qxo3_500
Darren’s video is part of a campaign introducing new tools for safety and positivity on Instagram.
DarrenCrissArmy

Hi Poppy! Did you watch Hairspray live last night? EDIT (LOL dumb question, I now see you posted about it in another section) I enjoyed seeing Darren host the show. He did such a great job and it was so cute to see him fangirling the whole show. Also had some videos on his Snapchat for once!

One thing I thought was really interesting is people I was watching it with said they didn't understand why Darren was hosting it and not IN the show. And that he would have been a better fit for Link or Corny. I brought up how I don't see why these networks don't cast him in these shows as he's the perfect fit and brought up how he wasn't in Grease live either even though it was on Fox, the same network as Glee. They remarked how he would have killed the Danny role.

It's annoying cause I'm 90% sure he would say yes to these parts if he were offered and while I enjoyed seeing him host, it makes no sense because the people behind Hairspray live talked about how perfect he was to host it due to his musical theater background but then to not have him actually in the show is just, ugh.

As for the pilot, it's exciting news. I read that Darren won't be starring in it, just producing if it gets picked up.  sad face I hope that's not true. This man is too glorious to be behind the scenes.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Tash wrote:Hi Poppy! Did you watch Hairspray live last night? EDIT (LOL dumb question, I now see you posted about it in another section) I enjoyed seeing Darren host the show. He did such a great job and it was so cute to see him fangirling the whole show. Also had some videos on his Snapchat for once!

Hi Tash!

Yes, I did watch Hairspray Live yesterday!  I really liked it! Yes, I agree, it was so fun to see Darren hosting the show!  I missed seeing him on my TV screen!   I thought he did a wonderful job too!  Loved his enthusiasm!  You could tell he really loves theater!  ha!  Yes, it was fun watching him fangirl over all the cast members and over the show itself.   And it was nice to see him back on Snapchat and on twitter too.  :happy face  I loved his outfit too.  He looked great!

Tash wrote:One thing I thought was really interesting is people I was watching it with said they didn't understand why Darren was hosting it and not IN the show. And that he would have been a better fit for Link or Corny. I brought up how I don't see why these networks don't cast him in these shows as he's the perfect fit and brought up how he wasn't in Grease live either even though it was on Fox, the same network as Glee. They remarked how he would have killed the Danny role.

It's annoying cause I'm 90% sure he would say yes to these parts if he were offered and while I enjoyed seeing him host, it makes no sense because the people behind Hairspray live talked about how perfect he was to host it due to his musical theater background but then to not have him actually in the show is just, ugh.

I saw tweets about this, about why Darren wasn't in Hairspray Live!  I feel gratified that people feel that Darren belonged among the cast of this production.  I can see him being perfect for Link.  I can also see him as Corny too.  (I'm assuming that Darren playing the lead role of Hedwig for the tour stops in San Francisco and Los Angeles made him unavailable for Hairspray Live!  rehearsals.)   I do hope that the show runners consider Darren for future live theater productions.   Oh man, I would have loved to see him as Teen Angel on Grease Live, and of course, as Danny.  heart

ha!  Yes, Darren's musical theater love and his theater (musical and non-musical) training would make him qualified to be in the show (along with being qualified to host it). :amused

Tash wrote:

As for the pilot, it's exciting news. I read that Darren won't be starring in it, just producing if it gets picked up.  I hope that's not true. This man is too glorious to be behind the scenes.

I think that people involved with the TV show (Royalties)--it was either Jonathan Gabay or the writers-- said that one part of the entertainment article was incorrect, so I'm hoping the part that was incorrect was the part that said Darren would not be starring in the show. :fingers crossed   I would love to see him back on my TV screen!

Cross or fingers, we first get a pilot picked up by FOX and then FOX picks up the series!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_ohzqnan6kb1uetdyxo1_500

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Maybe Darren didn't appear in Hairspray because he was/is busy with another project(s).

By the way, I've never watched the show but I have the impression the male roles in that musical are close to Blaine Anderson and J. Pierpont Finch (correct me if I'm wrong). I prefer he comes back with more surprising roles, like the (unfortunately very small) one he had in American Horror Story.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:
Maybe Darren didn't appear in Hairspray because he was/is busy with another project(s).

By the way, I've never watched the show but I have the impression the male roles in that musical are close to Blaine Anderson and J. Pierpont Finch (correct me if I'm wrong). I prefer he comes back with more surprising roles, like the (unfortunately very small) one he had in American Horror Story.

Hi Jeremy,

I agree, that Darren has been busy with the Hedwig tour.   And the Hairspray Live! cast started rehearsals on October 13, 2016, according to Maddie's tweet:

I saw tweets indicating the Hairspray Live! cast had rehearsals in October and November, the same months as Darren's Hedwig tour stops in San Francisco and Los Angeles. 

I also prefer Darren to try varied and interesting roles (but I'll take whatever he decides to pursue).  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some fundraisers for good causes in the name of Darren's 30th birthday:

Darren Criss Army/The Criss Project is trying to raise $3,000 to donate to the Trevor Project:

Link to donate to the Criss Project to raise $3,000 to benefit the Trevor Project for Darren's 30th birthday (I think the amount raised so far is incorrect on the link since they tweeted they raised $506 on December 11):  https://give.thetrevorproject.org/fundraise?fcid=856153

You may also buy a Rocker Tee ($24) via the Criss Project:  https://represent.com/tcp30rock

And there is also the Darren Criss Birthday Fundraiser (DCBDF) project, which is trying to raise $5,000 to benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.

crissfundraiser: wrote:
Every $5 donation AUTOMATICALLY grants you one raffle ticket!
Damn right. Wash your hands of all responsibility, rules, and extra baggage. We’ll do the work for you!

But wait… there’s more. Donate $15? That’s 3 raffle tickets. Donate $25? You’ve got 5, giving you infinitely more chances to win more cool stuff. We will hold a general open raffle a few days following Darren’s birthday. The more you donate, the higher your chances are to win your favorite items! Check out our much more user friendly Raffle page for more details.

(P.S., if you’ve already donated, we’ve already accounted for your extra tickets!)

Oh, and one more thing! We’re also super excited to launch our DCBDF RedBubble in the next coming days! If you’re an artist, want to support a great cause, and shine some attention on to your beautiful work, please reach out to us via message, tweet, or email!

Link:  http://crissfundraiser.tumblr.com/post/154272661995/in-the-spirit-of-giving-we-here-at-dcbdf-have

They have raised $410 thus far.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren is a special guest at an improv comedy show this Thursday:

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oi5j9wJGR41ubd9qxo1_1280

# Repost @thegroundlings 

Here’s the lineup for Cookin’ With Gas, THURSDAY @ 8pm! Special Guest is Darren Criss (Glee)! #groundlings #thegroundlings #improv #improvcomedy #theatre #latheatre #hollywood #westhollywood #westhollywoodnightlife #comedy #lacomedy #laweekly #mydayinla #darrencriss #glee #hedwigandtheangryinch  http://ift.tt/1FJxPdS http://ift.tt/2hsY0hK
via DarrenCrissArmy

Note:  it looks like the Cooking with Gas show this Thursday with Darren as a special guest is sold out.  http://purchase.groundlings.com/single/EventListing.aspx?k=4   Here is their policy for shows that are sold out: 

Cooking with Gas wrote:
If a show is SOLD OUT online, that means ALL tickets have been issued. You may try your luck at the door. All shows have a first come first serve cancellation line outside. No prior waitlist will be kept.

16 and over only. Management reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who appears younger than 16 years of age with no ticket refund or exchange.

-Cooking with Gas: Thursdays at 8 pm

From dailydarrennews:  
Orlando Sentinel wrote:

CD, DVD and Blu-ray of 'From Broadway With Love' Pulse benefit in Orlando to be released December 16

Back in July, a galaxy's worth of Broadway stars descended on Orlando to help the community heal and raise funds in the aftermath of the mass shooting at Pulse nightclub.

"From Broadway With Love: A Benefit Concert for Orlando," which took place at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, sold out in record time — leaving many disappointed.

Good news for them: Broadway Records this month is releasing a CD, DVD and Blu-ray of the event.

. . . Other performers include Chita Rivera, Lillias White, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Darren Criss and Jesse Mueller. Our own VarieTease, Orlando Philharmonic and Orlando Gay Chorus's Menage ensemble also participated.

Broadway Records president Van Dean says the release is planned for Dec. 16. But you can pre-order at broadwayrecords.com/cds, and the items should be shipped in time for Christmas.

You can feel good knowing that not only will "From Broadway With Love" be a present for whoever unwraps it, but it's also a gift to the community. Net proceeds will be donated to the GLBT Community Center of Central Florida, the Hope and Help Center of Central Florida and Zebra Coalition.

Link to Purchase:  http://www.broadwayrecords.com/cds/from-broadway-with-love-a-benefit-concert-for-orlando-cd-dvd-bluray

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oi6qzzl2NN1uetdyxo1_500
eatgregeat #aboutlastnight with@darrencriss fresh off his super hold on @nbchairspraylive & @kevinmchale about to film the important When We Rise.#hollywood out to support live #theater at @thewallisbh #beverlyhills for @breelear

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Looks like Darren had fun at the Cooking with Gas show tonight (comedy improv).  I love how happy he looks here.

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oi9pryabY41uetdyxo1_500

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oi9pryabY41uetdyxo2_500
mitchsilpapics: Super fun Gas show tonight with the delightful @darrencriss @thegroundlings #groundlings #darrencriss #improv

mitchsilpapics: And one more from tonight’s Gas show @thegroundlings with @darrencriss ! #groundlings #darrencriss #improv

Note:  Mitch Silpa is an actor and writer.  He is an alumni of the Groundlings improv group.

Pics with fans.  So nice that she was able to get a photo with Darren.   Love what she says about Darrn being so kind and how these photos made her happy after such a rough week.   :happy face
DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oi9q6pYIWP1uetdyxo1_500

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oi9q6pYIWP1uetdyxo2_500
mssarahjeann:Date night with the boyfriend…..and Nathan

jsekulow15: Six times seeing him in Hedwig, one night out for an improv show and I finally got my photo with @darrencriss Seriously one of the nicest people I’ve ever met, so kind and words cannot express how happy these photos made me after such a rough week!

Here are a couple of tweets about the show tonight:

Note:  Andrew Mena is a comedian.

Note:  Dee Hanson is a comedic actor.

Also: 
DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oi97x0HlSF1uetdyxo1_500

It's been an amazing year for Pasek & Paul.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oicpk05KkW1ud5cppo1_1280
hellonglitzyheels:
    Via Mia’s Snapchat ( (December 17th, 2016)

314DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Empty Royalties Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:18 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

A new article in season-zero.com:
DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oieew8pemv1ubd9qxo1_1280
"Fox’s 24 Most Exciting Projects for 2018-2018 Pilot Season"

(Source: season-zero.com)
via darrencrissarmy

I'm not sure if this is new info. The December 16 article states:  "The following article is based on descriptions mixed wih talents attached ONLY. None of the scripts have been read at this point."  I'm not sure exactly what this means.  I'm guessing it means that the December 16 article is based on previous articles that described the "talents" (actors, writers, production folks) who are attached to certain projects. It appears that networks have not shared any pilot scripts with season-zero.com

There was another article (dated December 7, 2016) in season-zero.com, where it was stated:  "2017 pilot season officially started yesterday when ABC ordered political comedy pilot Libby & Malcolm starring Felicity Huffman and Courtney B. Vance as we reported 3 weeks ago. Other comedies are nearing pilot orders while deals are being worked out."   The December 7 article then went on to discuss projects that either seem close to having pilots ordered, or pilots that have been ordered, by CBS and NBC.  This article also stated that "it's calm so far at FOX . . . "  http://season-zero.com/pilot-whisperer-new-edition/

It does seem that things are moving along in terms of the time line.  January seems to be the month when we may get some news about pilots being ordered.  Cross our fingers that Darren's project, Royalties, gets a pilot ordered!! :fingers crossed :fingers crossed

From dailydarrennews:

It looks like Darren is doing a shoot for Moet & Chandon (champagne)?   Looking forward to seeing the results.  :happy face
DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oieudm7EzI1qeegj9o1_1280
fallenjunkie:
   broderville: A beautiful shoot today with @glowdigitalagency for @moetchandon

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oieq39KNrB1uetdyxo1_1280
makeupbycyn79 I also had the pleasure to work with #DarrenCriss today (from #glee #hairspraylive) #moetshoot #nyc#makeupbyme Thank you @facemaid for this wonderful experience! And thank you @hello_lenaa for connecting me to Jenn

315DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Empty Royalties Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:28 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I forgot to mention that the latest article (dated December 16) in  season-zero.com about Royalties indicated that Darren is not attached to star in Royalties.    As some of us discussed, one of the writers, Patrick Carlyle,  tweeted this about a previous article in The Hollywood Reporter that said the same thing (about Darren not starring in Royalties):

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_ogb0gk1rCd1uetdyxo1_500

link to THR article

So . . . I'm hoping that it is incorrect about Darren not starring in Royalties.

And some news about Darren regarding BroadwayCon:
DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oigavdIDv01ubd9qxo1_1280
BroadwayCon wrote:

BROADWAYCON GETS EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK OF UPCOMING "SPEECH & DEBATE" FILM

We are so excited to announce that members of the cast and creative teams of the upcoming film Speech & Debate will be joining us at BroadwayCon 2017!

Based on the off-Broadway play of the same name from Tony Award-winning playwright Stephen Karam, the dramedy follows an unlikely trio of teenagers trying to make their voices heard. Karam also wrote the screenplay for the film, and will be joining us for this panel on Saturday afternoon at BroadwayCon.

Four actors from the film—Sarah Steele, Liam James, Austin P. McKenzie, and Roger Bart—will join him, along with the film’s producer, Tom Rice.

The panel will be moderated by our friend and special guest, Darren Criss (who makes a special cameo in the film, himself!), and will feature a sneak peek from the film, along with an exclusive musical preview for BroadwayCon attendees. You’ll definitely want to work this one into your schedule!
via DarrenCrissArmy

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oijm5wh2R61u2xv4fo1_1280
bwaycon:
Don’t miss the exclusive sneak peek of Speech & Debate, moderated by Darren Criss with a special musical preview and appearances by the film’s actors, only for fans at BroadwayCon! Get all the details and register now!
via darrencrissarmy

Link to Register:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/broadwaycon-2017-registration-23224580345?aff=tumblr

Sales end on January 27

Speech & Debate Panel and Preview

Details

Date: Saturday, Jan 28 12:00 PM
Duration:  50 minutes
Moderator:  Darren Criss
https://plan.core-apps.com/bwaycon17/event/75418985cf2738d3ca7c980a72968fc0

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

More about the 2 fundraisers in the name of Darren's 30th birthday:

1.  The Criss Project/Darren Criss Army:

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oihm66eVHK1ubd9qxo1_1280
Reminder! Shirts are available through Friday Dec 23rd! Help support the Trevor Project in honor of Darren’s 30th Birthday!

Donate:  https://give.thetrevorproject.org/fundraise?fcid=856153 

Order T-Shirts:  https://represent.com/tcp30rock

Note:  The amount listed as raised at the link to donate seems to be incorrect.  @TheCrissProject tweeted they have raised $601 as of December 21, 2016.

2. CrissFundraiser:

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oib3v6cRKV1vk4hoeo1_500

crissfundraiser wrote:
OUR REDBUBBLE HAS GONE LIVE!

Be sure to hit the “Follow” button for alerts as we add many of your favorite artists and exclusive pieces over the next coming days!

100% of the proceeds that we earn (a 40% percentage of the overall retail price) will be donated to BroadwayCares/Equity Fights AIDS!

As always, thank you for your continued support, and keep those donations coming!

-crissfundraiser:
via dailydarrennews

They tweetd on December 17 that they have cross the $500 mark.

318DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Empty Darren Appreciation Thread 2 (Temporary) Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:42 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is so sweet and cute. 

DemsInPhilly -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 16 Tumblr_oingtm5FuL1tpkj9wo1_400
jaded-idealism:
From Mia’s snapchat- December 23, 2016
(via gleekto)
dailydarrennews

I know this isn't the best year, but along with all the serious issues and problems, I hope folks will see the good in the world as well.  Darren is a shining example of kindness (and adorkableness).  Wishing everyone safe and happy holidays.

Here is Darren spreading more of his special holiday good will. 

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

ASCAP.   December 13, 2010.

MTV "The Seven."  December 2010.

The Roxy (Hollywood).  December 18, 2010.

Darren singing in the rain for Toys for Tots.

December 9, 2012

White Christmas:

Toys for Tots.  December 9, 2012.

If I have time, I will try to find some of the videos for Glee Christmas songs, and post in the Blaine thread.  If anyone has those videos, feel free to post them here or in the Blaine Thread:   Blaine Anderson

(testing:  first post of topic to be moved to destination)

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy, I'm in a Xmas mood and I've posted the videos in the Blaine thread. I hope I haven't forgotten something. 
Good luck for the backup and happy holidays to everybody  santa

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks so much for posting the Glee videos, Jeremy.  That's so nice of you!  And thanks for wishing me good luck with the back-up.  :happy face

Happy Holidays to everyone!

A good friend of mine shared this video of the entire concert that Darren (with some help from Charlene) did for Toys for Tots (2012).  Thank you, my friend!   :hug    I never saw this video of the entire concert before.   Darren shares a little Glee story too.  I like how Darren encourages people to give to Toys for Tots.   I love the part where after the mike goes out for the last song, Darren leads the audience in a sing-along, so sweet.  I love how much he tries to be there for his fans.  He is such a special human being. 

Toys for Tots.  December 9, 2012 (NYC).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum