Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:If only someone would pay us for rattling off random Darren trivia.  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 1957542852

haha!   We all would be wealthy! 

It really is an funny story, showing how adorkable Darren really is, which is one of the reasons why I'm a fan.  
Lin wrote:It's such a cute little story. The best part is that he had already booked Glee, but was still getting so excited about doing a background voice on an amusement park ride. And he'd probably still be excited about it today after all the other cool things he's done since.
Disneyland Star Tours story:

Aw, that is true, the best part is that here Darren was, on such a popular TV show, and he's fan-boying out because he is a background voice on a ride.  Because Darren is such a fan-boy of Star Wars.  Yup, and I'm betting it's still one of the highlights of his experiences, even with all the amazing things he has done so far.  Probably ranked as high as doing a duet with Kermit.  :amused

Thanks so much Lin, for tracking down that story and sharing it with us!  

Click on what Lin posted (see above, in Lin's post):
Disneyland Star Tours story:

I agree with you dusty, about those of us who are no longer in our teen years.  :amused

dusty wrote:Generally I don't like merchandise that are emblazoned with the artists face/name. I prefer it to be more subtle.
I agree with this.  Do you have stuff from other music artists that are more subtle?

I like the Not Alone shirt a lot.  And if I remember correctly, when I was looking at the Elsie Fest 2015 merchandise, I think there was a shirt with Darren's pic on it, but I preferred the shirt with the more general "Elsie Fest" on it, so that's the one I went with. 

A little mention that when I went to see The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl, I had planned on meeting a couple of Darren fans from the GF there, who I have never met.  So I wore the "Not Alone" t-shirt so that they could spot me more easily.   One of the Hollywood Bowl employees commented on how she loved the shirt and was a fan of Darren.  :happy face

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From @DarrenArmy:

From DarrenCrissArmy tumblr
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o8ub3eH8iE1ubd9qxo2_1280
TECTONIC AT 25!
A Benefit Production
Directed by Moisés Kaufman
Hosted by Jane Fonda
This is a one-night-only theatrical event featuring excerpts from Tectonic’s plays, including:
Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde
The Laramie Project
33 Variations
I Am My Own Wife
The Tallest Tree in the Forest
Carmen: An Afro-Cuban Jazz Musical
El Gato con Botas
London Mosquitoes
Plus a sneak peek at a new play in development!
Star-Studded Cast to be announced.

November 7, 2016 at 7 pm

Honorary Host Committee

Sally Field, Sir Ian McKellen, Jonathan Groff, David Hyde Pierce, and Darren Criss.

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 D7d87230caf75c1ddd614cc3b7a7b8b8-e1439241324636-200x300  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Ian-e1439242138175-200x300  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 54d013e429c9f-e1439231893838-200x300  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 David_hyde_pierce_headshot-682x1024  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Darren-darren-criss-24689996-372-561-e1439241409510-200x300
TectonicTheaterProject
Click here for tickets!

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o8wlv8zam61uetdyxo1_500
studiomao: Triple Threat - Darren Criss, Stephen Mao and Kristen Wiig. Be sure to catch Darren launching the national tour of “Hedwig and the Angry Inch”, and Kristen in the new Ghostbusters premiering on July 15th in North America. #darrencriss #kristenwiig #hedwigandtheangryinch #hedwig #ghostbusters #studiomao #stephenmao #paris #imogene #girlmostlikely #champselysees

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Came across this old photo, so thought I would post it here: 
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_mreb4mVM3R1r4ng88o1_500
hollycenations
via watchwithkate

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o8xfmo43uD1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: The @EveryDropWater #POPOUTPITCHER rules. Running out the door to the gym and it instantly filters tap water into my gym bottle. Werk. http://izea.it/l6vuR #ad

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Anton Yelchin, who portrayed Chekov in the Star Trek films, passed.  He will be missed.

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o91bwytIrT1uetdyxo1_500

From Alex of DCN:  WE Day-California (April 7, 2016)
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o91g93SFV01u4l72go1_500
darrenkey:
Darren Criss at WE Day California (April 7, 2016) | Source

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren re-tweeted and liked this tweet from Hillary Clinton:
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o948b8NoVQ1uetdyxo1_500

Link

And the Senate swiftly rejected the four gun control measures.  Ok . .  .  Rolling Eyes  Back to where we've been.  

Darren tweeted something sports-related:
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o91zamP4PA1uetdyxo1_500

Someone tweeted about Darren's speech in Sacramento at a Hillary Clinton rally:
festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o91zdkXgA01uetdyxo1_500
Jim Jackson: Good speech in Sacramento last week!

Another pic from Da Man. 

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o93kah1O7E1uetdyxo1_500
Darren Criss at Daman’s Anniversary party in May 2016 | source

Poor Darren looks like his face is a little tired from all the smiling he had to do for the photographers.

I thought I would mention a few sites that are great resources for anyone trying to search out some Darren trivia. 
AdorkableDarrenCriss  (the Tag Masterlist is very helpful!)
itswheremydemonshide  (another tumblr whose tags are very organized!)

And both DCN (darrencriss-news) and dailydarrennews have a wonderful tag system, with DCN also having an useful "Search" box.

We are so lucky to have such diligent (and organized) Darren fans.  applause   :bravo

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o95cmvbIG81uetdyxo1_500
Demi Lovato, Kevin McHale and Darren via Demi’s Snapchat

Darren being his sweet supportive self for his friends.  :happy face

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o957ia5O301uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o9578xzGkU1uetdyxo1_500

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Ha, the answer to my question in the section photos is here :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Ha, the answer to my question in the section photos is here festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 3295213406

Section photos?  What question?

Jeremy posted Demi's snap in the photo thread and asked if that was Darren on the right. Wink Maybe you didn't see it because the pictures always take a moment to load?
Anyway, it's always nice to see Darren hanging out with former Glee cast members!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting that pic, Jeremy. 

Sorry I was asking what pic.  It's so weird, but I can't see the pic that Jeremy posted.  Isn't that weird?   But Lin, you can see it.  (Thanks Lin for clarifying.  I'm going to go to the other Pics thread, because I could not see the pic that Jeremy posted there either.  Am I the only one who is having trouble seeing pics posted by other members?   It's not an issue of re-loading because it's been several minutes now.)

Here is what I see:

Jeremy wrote:
Ha, the answer to my question in the section photos is here festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 3295213406

And yes, it is always nice to see Darren with other Glee cast folks.  :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Thank you for the clarification, Lin :amused

I don't want that Poppy thinks I'm a crazy person what?!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:I don't want that Poppy thinks I'm a crazy person festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 2929981639

ha!   I was thinking I didn't want you to think I'm crazy.   :amused  That was confusing (to all of us).

So it turns out Poppy is the crazy person here?   :happy face  :big grin  

And I meant to reply to this earlier:
Poppy wrote:I thought I would mention a few sites that are great resources for anyone trying to search out some Darren trivia. 
AdorkableDarrenCriss  (the Tag Masterlist is very helpful!)
itswheremydemonshide  (another tumblr whose tags are very organized!)

And both DCN (darrencriss-news) and dailydarrennews have a wonderful tag system, with DCN also having an useful "Search" box.

We are so lucky to have such diligent (and organized) Darren fans.  applause   :bravo

Yes, I would be too lazy to even reblog everything, much less have such a thorough tagging system, so I'm always very grateful to the people who make it so easy for the rest of us to look stuff up. And on that note I would like to add a big thank you to YOU for creating this place and turning it into another great resource! :for you

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, thank you, Lin.   I appreciate that.    :hug

Lin wrote:So it turns out Poppy is the crazy person here?   festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 3308115737  festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 2780594425 

That was so strange.  Thank goodness you commented Lin, or Jeremy and I both still would be confused!   BTW, I can see your pics today, Jeremy.  I have no idea what happened yesterday, but I'm grateful things seem to be working now. 

From dailydarrennews:

I'm guessing that Darren went to a Vulpeck concert in L.A.  Nice to see him with A.J. and Theo.  Wonder if he went with Mr. Hudson or ran into him there?
   festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o97jjqcCOQ1uetdyxo1_500

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o97y5036xf1uetdyxo1_500
@intheminimall: VERY vital squad at the vulf gig tonite  @darrencriss @robcantor @laBORAtoryaudio @jacks @joeyDosik @theRyanLerman

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o97wqsyTey1rr00q0o1_500
belleybuttons
wynne_males: your squad can’t even compare to mine B) Thanks @vulfpeck and @joeydosik for an AWESOME night at @teragramla SEE THEM AGAIN TOMORROW IF YOURE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A TICKET

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

festival -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 3 Tumblr_o99dclKcbj1uetdyxo1_500

(The UK just voted to leave the EU. Yes, it's crazy and even "fascinating" on some level, but I feel more like crying at the state of the world right now. I'm suddenly starting to get a bit worried that Americans might actually elect Trump.)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I heard the news, and it's astounding news.  I'm really very sorry, Lin, about how upset you feel.

When one is upset, it's understandable to think of other upsetting scenarios.   I can't imagine my country with Trump as our President. 

If no one minds, I think this may be a better place to discuss these issues:   General News You Want to Talk About
Emotions are going to run high on this issue, especially for those of you from Europe.    I truly sympathize.

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Is it an impression or Darren makes a lot of political statements these last weeks ?  

(The UK just voted to leave the EU. Yes, it's crazy and even "fascinating" on some level, but I feel more like crying at the state of the world right now. I'm suddenly starting to get a bit worried that Americans might actually elect Trump.)

:hug

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think so.  He tweeted yesterday about how "crazy" historically was the vote yesterday.  And by "crazy," I don't think he was taking a stand one way or the other (for or against the UK leaving the EU), but more in the sense that "crazy" meant unbelievable.  Then he re-tweeted and "liked" Hillary Clinton's tweet about the measures up for a vote by the Senate on gun control.  And earlier, just before the California election, he talked about how he is supporting Hillary Clinton.

But this is not something new for him.  He's always expressed how important politics, social issues and world events are.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Yeah but I have the feeling that his political statements are more frequent than before. It may just be an impression, though...

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I respect your impression, Jeremy.

I just think though, that it's because within a short period of time, there have been events that Darren has commented upon.  The tragedy of the mass shooting in the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, the push from Democrats for gun control following that horrific tragedy, the California election (with the backdrop/background of Bernie versus Hillary issue), and then the vote yesterday of the UK. 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum