Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 17]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Computer died today, but I was able to bring it back up.   I probably will be off-line for a few days until the computer folks either fix it or I have to shop for a new computer.  Hope everyone is doing all right.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Yeah, I also guess Darren talks a bit more about politics because a lot of major things happens right now. 

I'm sorry for your computer, I hope it can be fixed. See you soon.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jeremy.  Thanks.  Hopefully, my computer will be fixed tomorrow.  Cross my fingers.   Hope everyone has a good evening.   :happy face

Hi Poppy, fingers crossed for your computer! :happy face
You haven't missed much, we just got some pictures and short videos of Darren at a friend's wedding.
I've been meaning to figure out how to embed tumblr videos, so I'll just try that now...
(Ok, this works for me, but you might need to allow html in your preferences first to see the videos, so I'm putting them under a spoiler tag. Please let me know if it's working for you!)

Spoiler:

And some nice pictures with Chuck and Mia:
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9ats6J68r1uetdyxo1_1280
charlescriss Broquet

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9awxhBFL61qbool4o1_1280
nealthedrummer: Hey! The band is back together! Congrats Chris!! @darrencriss @groverchildes

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9caen6w0i1uetdyxo1_1280
Mia Von Glitz wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 BLQOykm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Lovely pictures and videos. I haven't played croquet in years, such a shame :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yea, my computer lives on!  Thanks guys for well wishes for my computer.  :happy face

Lin wrote:I've been meaning to figure out how to embed tumblr videos, so I'll just try that now...
(Ok, this works for me, but you might need to allow html in your preferences first to see the videos, so I'm putting them under a spoiler tag. Please let me know if it's working for you!)

Wow, Lin, so cool that you figured out how to embed non-youtube videos here.   If it's not too much trouble, do you mind posting a lesson on how you did it in this Topic/thread?   Some General Instructions of How to Use this Site  Thank you in advance, Lin! 

I love seeing Darren perform at his friend's wedding.  He sounds good.    Thanks again, Lin, for posting those videos and also the lovely pics!

One more wedding-related pic, with a nice message.  Darren looks cute in the pic.   She looks lovely. 
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9e9mncgdY1uetdyxo1_500
mtothe_ila: And some days, my job delivers me more joy than usual. Had the honor of meeting the amazingly talented, humble, beautiful soul that is @darrencriss. Thank you for sharing your voice and your passion with the world, and for our wonderful conversation. You are extraordinary.  heart #lyman #lymanestate #waltham #weddingplanner #eventplanner #darrencriss #art #music #soul #AHSHotel #girlmostlikely #newmorning #headwig #headwigandtheangryinch #glee #gleeks

Aw. is Darren going to be at San Diego Comic Con 2016, for Transformers Robots in Disguise?  
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9hv31JyHe1uetdyxo1_500

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy wrote:
Lin wrote:If only someone would pay us for rattling off random Darren trivia.  wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 1957542852

haha!  :biggrin.png:  We all would be wealthy! 

It really is an funny story, showing how adorkable Darren really is, which is one of the reasons why I'm a fan.  
Lin wrote:It's such a cute little story. The best part is that he had already booked Glee, but was still getting so excited about doing a background voice on an amusement park ride. And he'd probably still be excited about it today after all the other cool things he's done since.
Disneyland Star Tours story:

Aw, that is true, the best part is that here Darren was, on such a popular TV show, and he's fan-boying out because he is a background voice on a ride.  Because Darren is such a fan-boy of Star Wars.  Yup, and I'm betting it's still one of the highlights of his experiences, even with all the amazing things he has done so far.  Probably ranked as high as doing a duet with Kermit.  :amused

Thanks so much Lin, for tracking down that story and sharing it with us!  

Click on what Lin posted (see above, in Lin's post):
Disneyland Star Tours story:

I agree with you dusty, about those of us who are no longer in our teen years.  :amused

dusty wrote:Generally I don't like merchandise that are emblazoned with the artists face/name. I prefer it to be more subtle.
I agree with this.  Do you have stuff from other music artists that are more subtle?

I like the Not Alone shirt a lot.  And if I remember correctly, when I was looking at the Elsie Fest 2015 merchandise, I think there was a shirt with Darren's pic on it, but I preferred the shirt with the more general "Elsie Fest" on it, so that's the one I went with. 

A little mention that when I went to see The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl, I had planned on meeting a couple of Darren fans from the GF there, who I have never met.  So I wore the "Not Alone" t-shirt so that they could spot me more easily.   One of the Hollywood Bowl employees commented on how she loved the shirt and was a fan of Darren.  :happy face

That's cool that the employee commented on the shirt! That's the beauty of 'advertising' like that I guess, the fans find each other!

Yes, I do have some subtle merchandise. I went to see Garbage play last year and ended up with a grey t-shirt saying This Is Not My Idea Of a Good Time (a line from one of their songs) and a blue canvas bag with a drawing of some faceless people in the rain and the line I'm only Happy when It Rains (another song of theirs). My husband got a t-shirt as well and we wore them at Christmas with both set of families present! hahahahaha! Everyone thought it was very funny!

Poppy wrote:From dailydarrennews,

Nice tweet from Mia, with very cute photo-comparison to Prince Eric and Ariel.  :amused 

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87h5iI2qO1uetdyxo1_500
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87h5iI2qO1uetdyxo2_500

And Darren posted an instagram with an attached photo that started a funny conversation with his pals, Tyler Oakley (love their friendship), Luke Edgemon (a Glee connection, and who has such a wonderful singing voice of his own, was on The Voice), cute and talented Kevin McHale and Justin Mikita (who happens to be the husband of Jesse Tyler Ferguson).

dailydarrennews captured this humorous exchange.

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87fb8cebj1uetdyxo1_400
darrencriss I generally keep to myself when it comes to fitness & social media but whatevs dude I’ve been a certifiable Barry’s addict for a while now and I wanted to shoot some love… Fun exciting weekend ahead of me- so gettin it started right with @alliecohen & @barrysbootcamp. Love the workout, love the community!

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87gfsNZcU1uetdyxo1_500

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo1_500

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo2_500

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo3_500

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo4_500
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo5_500
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo6_500
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo7_500
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo8_500
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o87i9a8GkH1uetdyxo9_500

Darren’s IG Post | Luke Edgemon’s GIF

Bloody hell! Darren's arms!!  wha?

Since when did he become so muscly? They're bigger than in Hedwig right? Or am I imagining things?

Btw, that tweet conversation is hilarious! :laughing 

Aw, Kevin and Luke (one of the original Warblers).

Cute photos at the wedding! Love the one with DC and the boys with the crocket sticks. He looks great! I just love that haircut on him, and he is shaven! What's going on? Lol!

I always get curious when he keeps his face shaven. He also seems to have returned to LA quickly instead of sticking around on the east coast for a while after the wedding, so I wonder if he's working on something.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

dusty wrote:Bloody hell! Darren's arms!!  wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 2747276107 

Since when did he become so muscly? They're bigger than in Hedwig right? Or am I imagining things?

I think it's just a post-workout swelling :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan Murphy, thank you for doing this.  Thank you for sharing with the world what a tragic loss it is to lose these beautiful souls, who were extinguished by this horrific act of hate against the LGBTQ community.

Stop the Hate: 49 Celebrities Honor 49 Victims of Orlando Tragedy in Ryan Murphy-Produced Tribute
Video Description from YouTube:
"For too long, a toxic combination of anti-LGBTQ hate and easy access to guns has put LGBTQ people at disproportionate risk of violence and murder. On June 12, forty-nine innocent people – most of them Latinx – were killed at Pulse nightclub in Orlando simply because of who they were. It’s on all of us to keep their memories alive, and to ensure part of their legacy becomes meaningful action to end hate violence. Join the Human Rights Campaign and urge your legislator to support legislation that will ensure LGBTQ people are safe and equal in every community and find out how to support the survivors and families of the Orlando victims. Learn more at:

http://www.hrc.org/StopTheHate

Special thanks to Ryan Murphy, Ned Martel and their colleagues at Ryan Murphy Television for making this project possible and all of our friends in the entertainment community for their support of this project including (in order of appearance) Lady Gaga, Chris Pine, Cuba Gooding Jr., Connie Britton, Matt Bomer, Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett, Lea Michele, Colton Haynes, Sophia Bush, Jane Fonda, Harry Shum Jr., Denis O’Hare, Rob Reiner, Melissa Benoist, Caitlyn Jenner, Édgar Ramírez, Max Greenfield, Chaz Bono, Cheyenne Jackson, Emma Roberts, Kerry Washington, George Lopez, Evan Rachel Wood, Sofia Vergara, Diego Boneta, Nina Jacobson, Demi Lovato, Tyler Oakley, Yeardley Smith, Kid Cudi, Kaitlin Olson, Kevin McHale, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lee Daniels, Chace Crawford, Evan Peters, Gerard Butler, Katey Sagal, John Stamos, Laverne Cox, Jordana Brewster, Wes Bentley, Finn Wittrock, Darren Criss, Kathy Bates, Anna Paquin, Guillermo Díaz and Joe Mantello."

The opening words of the video wrote:
On June 12, 2016, a gunman killed 49 people and injured 53 others inside Pulse, an LGBTQ nightclub in Orlando, Florida, on Latin night.

It was both the deadliest mass shooting by a single gunman and the deadliest incident of violence against LGBTQ people in U.S history.

The victims live on in our memories.

Article in BroadwayWorld.com.

BroadwayWorld.com wrote:
Darren Criss, Matt Bomer & More Honor Orlando Victims in New Ryan Murphy-Produced Tribute

Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the nation’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) civil rights organization, released a special tribute to the 49 victims of the Orlando shooting at Pulse nightclub on Latin night. The 18-minute tribute directed by Emmy Award-winning Ryan Murphy and NEd Martel, with the support of their colleagues at Ryan Murphy Television features a diverse cast of 49 actors, directors and other entertainment leaders recounting individual stories of the people killed in our nation’s deadliest mass shooting. Viewers are asked to visit http://stopthehate.hrc.org/ and take action by supporting victims’ families and survivors through healorlando.org, as well as contacting legislators to demand passage of LGBTQ protections and common-sense gun violence prevention measures.

[. . .]

"The 49 heroes who lost their lives on June 12 were Brothers and Sisters, sons and daughters, friends and neighbors, boyfriends and girlfriends, husbands and wives. They were mostly young and mostly Latinx. But above all, they were human beings who were loved, and who had hopes and dreams for long, full lives," said HRC President Chad Griffin. "It has been only a few short weeks since we lost 49 people to a deadly act of hatred. It is our responsibility to keep their memories alive and honor their legacies by ensuring our nation acts to end anti-LGBTQ hate and gun violence. We are incredibly grateful to Ryan Murphy, NEd Martel and the 49 artists who came together to create this beautiful and lasting tribute."

[. . . ]

Brief vignettes recounted by leading performers and entertainment leaders tell the stories of all 49 victims (in order of appearance): Jean Carlos Nieves Rodriguez, 27; Stanley Almodovar III, 23; Deonka Deidra Drayton, 32; Luis Daniel Conde, 39; Juan Pablo Rivera Velazquez, 37; Javier Jorge-Reyes, 40; Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33; Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37; Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35; Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21; Brenda Lee Marquez McCool, 49; Christopher Joseph Sanfeliz, 24; Franky Jimmy De Jess Velazquez, 50; Juan Chavez-Martinez, 25; Jerald Arthur Wright, 31; Antonio Davon Brown, 29; Miguel Angel Honorato, 30; Anthony Luis Laureano Disla, 25; 'K.J.' Morris, 37; Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34; Frankie Hernandez, 27; Akyra Monet Murray, 18; Joel Rayon Paniagua, 31; Jonathan Antonio Camuy Vega, 24; Yilmary Rodriguez Sulivan, 24; Geraldo A. Ortiz-Jimenez, 25; Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez, 25; Mercedez Marisol Flores, 26; Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22; Rodolfo Ayala-Ayala, 33; Paul Terrell Henry, 41; Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, 35; Tevin Eugene Crosby, 25; Amanda Alvear, 25; Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30; Angel Luis Candelario-Padro, 28; Simon Adrian Carrillo Fernandez, 31; Oscar A. Aracena-Montero, 26; Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19; Leroy Valentin Fernandez, 25; Enrique L. Rios Jr., 25; Darryl Roman Burt II, 29; Cory James Connell, 21; Martin Benitez Torres, 33; Luis S. Vielma, 22; Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20; Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36; Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22; and Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32.

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9jp0uW2LA1uetdyxo1_500

The Hollywood Reporter  article on behind-the-scene making of the video, with all those involved stressing the desire to pay tribute to those who lost their lives in the tragedy, as well as the need for change in terms of combating LGBTQ-focused hate and pressing for reasonable gun control:

"49 Top Stars Gather to Record PSA to Honor Orlando Victims"

Photo that accompanied the The Hollywood Reporter article with the caption: "Though there was no crossover inside the shoot, many actors — like former Glee co-stars Kevin McHale and Darren Criss — lingered afterwards to catch up and speak with the many HRC staff in town for the project."

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9jpytF7EW1uetdyxo1_500

dailydarrennews
The Hollywood Reporter

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi dusty!

Nice to see you again.  Nice to talk with everyone after my little hiatus.  Hope everyone is doing well.  :happy face

dusty wrote:Yes, I do have some subtle merchandise. I went to see Garbage play last year and ended up with a grey t-shirt saying This Is Not My Idea Of a Good Time (a line from one of their songs) and a blue canvas bag with a drawing of some faceless people in the rain and the line I'm only Happy when It Rains (another song of theirs). My husband got a t-shirt as well and we wore them at Christmas with both set of families present! hahahahaha! Everyone thought it was very funny!

I like the way you describe your merchandise.   Can you imagine a t-shirt with a small figure with no identifying facial qualities, except for the triangle eyebrows and a mop of wild, curly hair, maybe dancing to music, with a caption that is a line from one of his songs?  That also would be his album cover!   :amused  Or a t-shirt with a similar figure standing on a platform with other figures (such as the Elsie Fest 2016 performers) with a large crowd spread before them.  That could be their Elsie Fest 2016 t-shirt!  

ha!  Yes, that twitter conversation was funny. 

dusty wrote:Cute photos at the wedding! Love the one with DC and the boys with the crocket sticks. He looks great! I just love that haircut on him, and he is shaven! What's going on? Lol!

I do love this hair style on him.  Very hipster.  And yeah, what's up with being clean-shaven, at least since his March 11 concert with the New York Pops and Betsy Wolfe.  It's been a while . . .   Why, Darren, why?

Lin wrote:I always get curious when he keeps his face shaven. He also seems to have returned to LA quickly instead of sticking around on the east coast for a while after the wedding, so I wonder if he's working on something.

Good point, Lin.  I'm always impressed with those who keep track of Darren's cross-country travels.   I didn't really notice when he returned to L.A.   When was the wedding, June 26?  Do we know when he returned to L.A.?

Jeremy wrote:I think it's just a post-workout swelling wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 3295213406

ha!  Jeremy, you made me laugh.  It also could be just water gain, but only in his arms.   :amused

I don't think this has been posted (courtesy of dailydarrennews):

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9e2btkI4l1uetdyxo1_500

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

ha!  Jeremy, you made me laugh.

Why ? :happy face

Poppy wrote:
Lin wrote:I always get curious when he keeps his face shaven. He also seems to have returned to LA quickly instead of sticking around on the east coast for a while after the wedding, so I wonder if he's working on something.

Good point, Lin.  I'm always impressed with those who keep track of Darren's cross-country travels.   I didn't really notice when he returned to L.A.   When was the wedding, June 26?  Do we know when he returned to L.A.?

No, I don't know when exactly he returned. The wedding was on Friday in Massachusetts and he was spotted in LA on Tuesday, so it wasn't necessarily that quick. I just thought if he was only working on his own projects like planning Elsie and writing music right now, he might have stuck around in NYC a little and watched some shows. Maybe he has simply seen every single show currently on Broadway already.  :laughing  And I usually don't pay too much attention to his whereabouts, but I saw that Mia was celebrating Pride with Andy Mientus in NYC on Sunday and Darren didn't seem to be with them, so I wondered if he had somewhere else to be. Soooo really just random wishful thinking on my part!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Why ? wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 3308115737

Oh, I don't know.  :amused 

Lin wrote:No, I don't know when exactly he returned. The wedding was on Friday in Massachusetts and he was spotted in LA on Tuesday, so it wasn't necessarily that quick. I just thought if he was only working on his own projects like planning Elsie and writing music right now, he might have stuck around in NYC a little and watched some shows. Maybe he has simply seen every single show currently on Broadway already.  wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 1021284439  And I usually don't pay too much attention to his whereabouts, but I saw that Mia was celebrating Pride with Andy Mientus in NYC on Sunday and Darren didn't seem to be with them, so I wondered if he had somewhere else to be. Soooo really just random wishful thinking on my part!

Thanks for the clarification, Lin.  I didn't really know when the wedding was, or where, so thanks for letting me know that.  And I thought the same thing you did, after seeing Mia celebrating Pride with Andy Mientus in NYC, I wondered why Darren was not there with them.  So of course, I started wondering if he was back in L.A., working on a project (and like you said, wondering if it was one of his non-personal projects, because working on Elsie Fest or his album could be done in NYC).

From dailydarrennews:

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9khuq3cRT1uetdyxo1_500

From the wedding:
wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9ln7gfxW81uetdyxo1_500
kellyjablonski: #tbt to last weekend when I met Darren Criss at the wedding! #DarrenCriss #BlaineAnderson #glee #weddingguest #lymanestate

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9jc1omfRE1uetdyxo1_500
lindseyocker When Darren Criss is the groom’s best friend

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9ls5ayUyJ1uetdyxo1_500
Video

wedding -  Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2016  - Page 4 Tumblr_o9lxfeje9N1uetdyxo1_500
After the Broadway Today concert in Toronto - March 30, 2016 | Source

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Have some 4th of July Darren!  :happy face

-

Me too! It always makes me wonder if he is filming something! Lol!

On another  note, I found that RM video for the Orlando victims very touching. I agree with Jeremy that he does seem to be doing lots of political stuff lately. Though it might just seem as much more since there is so much happening on the world stage now.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy wrote:Have some 4th of July Darren!  :happy face

Great video, I didn't know it :happy face

It's nice to see Darren performances that weren't recorded with a smartphone, btw.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum