Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

StarKids

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Repost - StarKids Empty StarKids Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about StarKid events, or events involving StarKid members.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Miscellaneous News"), please let me know.  Repost - StarKids Icon_smile

2Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:28 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_o9z0yqoDgv1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
a.j.holmes: #tbt @vulfpeck at @teragramla #funkyduck #goblue

Darren attended "Firebringer" on July 8, 2016.  "Firebringer" is Starkid's New Stone Age Musical.  :big grin

Some pics with fans at Firebringer.
Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa0p99QKUD1uetdyxo1_500
x
Thank you @DarrenCriss for making this girls dream come true!

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa0qtwhxXL1uetdyxo1_500
Shelby Drew‏ @DarrenCriss thanks for the picture!  :amused you’re awesome! @TeamStarKid #Firebringer

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa0uzpC51W1uetdyxo1_500
@AmyDenton7 I got to see @TeamStarKid #Firebringer today AND meet @DarrenCriss I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa0zueUv2M1uetdyxo1_500

@Madalyn_Quitter I met @DarrenCriss today and that was pretty cool

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

3Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:47 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Eric Kahn Gale is a member of StarKid (not sure about Jade).   It seems most of the folks in the pics are StarKids, so I thought it would be appropriate to post those pics here.

From dailydarrennews:

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa2ilwtXRe1uetdyxo1_500

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa2ilwtXRe1uetdyxo2_500
jlbeatty: A VERY magic school bus indeed! #ingaledona
slowpez8: Here’s a bad pic to show you that it’s time!!! On the school bus to go to the #ingaledona wedding. @shootthewendy

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa45k8gb2r1uetdyxo1_500

tracilacie @brian.holden didn’t get the memo #ingaledona

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa4bu48y9E1uetdyxo1_500

With Jade - July 9, 2016 | Source

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oa5trpuXYy1t1ytj2o1_500
dailymiaswier:
@ghostydiddy: Many Pokemon were caught at @ShootTheWendy and @EricKahnGale ’s wedding

Videos of Mia performing vocals at Jade and Eric's wedding, with Darren on guitar. 

Jade and Eric’s wedding - July 9, 2016 | Source

And also:  dailymiaswier

And Source

Also, video of Darren and his friends carrying their friends in chairs.   Source

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:45 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Flash to the past.  This looks like Leaky Con 2011? 

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_o257su6D0a1u7txkwo1_250  Repost - StarKids Tumblr_o257su6D0a1u7txkwo2_250

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_o257su6D0a1u7txkwo3_250  Repost - StarKids Tumblr_o257su6D0a1u7txkwo4_250
rrrumbleroar

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Dailydarrennews:

Darren showing his support of the StarKid show, Firebringer.
Repost - StarKids Tumblr_obgd54IDYa1uetdyxo1_500

Firebringer tickets
NY Times article

6Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

We were just talking about HP.  Do you HP-lovers agree with this article? 

Starkids in the news:

moviepilot.com wrote:
7 'Cursed Child' Things The 'Very Potter' Series Did First

August 2, 2016

The Very Potter series, a musical parody trilogy put on by StarKid Productions at the University of Michigan, is one of the best creations in all of fandom history. Despite being a completely ridiculous comedy that bore no official connection to JK Rowling's canon works, there appears to be a surprising amount of overlap between the musicals and the newly released script of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
explores Harry's relationship with his son Albus, two decades after the defeat of Voldemort. The trilogy of parody musicals mash together various characters and plot points from all seven books and spin them into three new stories that somehow still feel true to the original.

Here are all the unlikely similarities the two share:

SPOILERS BELOW!

Putting Potter On-Stage

Before The Cursed Child was a concept, before the Harry Potter films were complete, StarKid Productions took Hogwarts to the stage. Part of the musicals' charm is the low-budget take on things like trains, dragons, and magic.

There have been rave reports about the creative stagecraft from those who have seen The Cursed Child and it is undoubtably a unique and impressive installation to the Harry Potter universe

Time Travel Conspiracy That Involves Bringing Voldemort Back to Power

A Very Potter Sequel
begins with Lucius Malfoy and other Death Eaters remarking about how there's nowhere for the story to go after the resolution of Deathly Hallows.

The musical and The Cursed Child make the same decision on how to handle this: re-introduce the Time Turner and hatch a plot to bring Voldemort back to power. In A Very Potter Sequel, the Death Eaters travel back to Harry's first year to kill him before he can grow up and thwart Voldemort. In The Cursed Child, Voldemort's secret love child first travels back to the Triwizard Tournament and then to the night of the Potter family murder to stop Voldemort from giving Harry the power to destroy him.

Confirmation that Voldemort and Bella Actually Got It On

Speaking of love child, The Cursed Child confirms that Voldemort and Bellatrix had a relationship that went beyond dark lord/devoted follower. The original series makes it pretty clear that Bellatrix was obsessed with Voldemort, but that Voldemort was incapable of love. The Cursed Child leads us to believe that while he may have been incapable of love, he was capable of at least fathering a child by his most loyal lieutenant. While it comes as a surprise, it doesn't seem out of character for Voldemort to want to produce an heir.

A sexual relationship between Voldemort and Bellatrix (whom he calls "Trixie") is explicitly alluded to in A Very Potter Musical as well.

Redemption for Draco

Before The Cursed Child featured the Potter-Weasleys finding common ground with Draco and teaming up, the Very Potter series offered it's own unique take on the character. The Draco Malfoy of the musicals is a total wuss, desperate for his father's approval, and secretly in love with Hermione. He's also played (brilliantly) by a woman, Lauren Lopez. He is interested in doing good, often sidetracked by his laziness or lust for power, but always ends up on the right side of things in the end. The musicals had him teaming up with and even saving the heroes on occasion, long before they all make amends in The Cursed Child.

Questions of Malfoy Paternity

A major issue in The Cursed Child is the persistent rumor that Draco's son, Scorpius, was actually fathered by Voldemort via a time travel scheme. It's proved false and it's a wonder that such a convoluted rumor gained so much traction in the first place. In A Very Potter Sequel, Lucius reveals a secret that is only slightly more ridiculous— that Dobby is Draco's real father.

It's truly remarkable that both productions call Malfoy paternity into question, painting both Lucius and Draco as cuckolds of Dobby and Voldemort, respectively.

Race-Blind Casting

Noma Dumezweni's casting as Hermione Granger caused quite a stir, though she had the full support of JK Rowling and reportedly does a fantastic job at playing the character. Years earlier though, StarKid had an Asian Lavender Brown, a black Bellatrix, a white Cho Chang, and a black Yaxley. Characters were easily played by actors whose races didn't match the traditional portrayal.

Trolley Witch Twist

Very Potter really did it all, even down to the surprise attack from the witch who passes out snacks on the Hogwarts Express. In The Cursed Child, she's revealed to be a monster tasked with keeping children on the train, while in the Very Potter musicals, she's a Death Eater in disguise.

If you haven't read Harry Potter and The Cursed Child yet, the script is available in stores now, and if you haven't had the pleasure of the Very Potter musicals, they're all up on YouTube.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I do not follow StarKid Productions as closely as other fans of Darren, so I don't know many of the names of the various members of StarKid.    I found this article that is a convenient list of the members.  I thought I would post it here.  The article is not dated, but it obviously was written before Glee ended.

Caitlin's World wrote:
The Members of Team StarKid

Repost - StarKids Avpsequelcast

As actor Dylan Saunders says, Team Starkid is a community-- “the performers, the creators, designers, musicians and, most importantly, the audience... Everyone is in the trenches together.”

However there is core ensemble of people who work on or star in a majority of the Starkid productions. Most notable of the these members is actor/singer/songwriter Darren Criss. Darren played Harry in all of the Very Potter musicals as well as wrote a majority of the songs in Starkid’s first few musicals. Currently he stars in the television show Glee, playing Blaine Anderson. Starkid member, Brian Holden, has played a variety of characters in the productions, from werewolf to giant, and is now taking on a director and producer role for the group. Dylan Saunders is most remembered for playing Dumbledore in the Very Potter musicals but is also known for his rich voice. Joey Richter, who currently lives in Los Angeles, is another prominent member who, while acting in the team’s productions, also plays Officer Petey in the Disney Channel show Jessie.

The main ladies of Team Starkid are just as important. Jaime Lyn Beatty has been around since the very beginning, playing a role in every Starkid musical. In addition to acting, she has also released her first solo EP entitled Dolphin Safe Tunes. Lauren Lopez is known for playing male roles during her tenure as a Starkid. Her most famous role is playing Draco in the Very Potter musicals. Finally Meredith Stepien rounds out the main ladies. A singer and actor, Meredith also is a stand-up comedic, continually performing at clubs in Chicago.

But of course these aren’t the only member of Team Starkid. It takes an ensemble to perform these massive productions, however many of the cast members come and go. Other cast members include the following: Nico Ager, Chris Allen, Jeff Blim, Tyler Brunsman, Richard Campbell, Britney Coleman, Brant Cox, Denise Donovan, Corey Dorris, Elona Finlay, Arielle Goldman, Ali Gordon, Bonnie Gruesen, Devin Lytle, Robert Manion, Lily Marks, Alle-Faye Monka, Joes Moses, Alex Paul, Jim Povolo, Brian Rosenthal, Rachael Soglin, Nicholas Joesph Strauss-Matathia, and Sango Tajima.

Behind the scenes work is just as important to running this company. Essential crew includes: Matt Lang, Nick Lang, Julia Albain, Eric Kahn Gale, Pat Brady, A.J. Holmes, Mark Swiderski, Corey Lubowich, Sarah Petty, June Saito, and Clark Baxtresser.

Note:  I don't see Joe Walker on the above list, but he is part of StarKid too.

Another article with more info on each StarKid member:  fuckyeahstarkidpotter

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:36 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

This is from the Pop-up Piano Bar on August 31, 2016.

alexismonetti: just a clip of #GoingBackToHogwarts! @darrencriss #darrencrisspopupdailydarrennews

I'm impressed people know the words.  :happy face
The power of StarKid.

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Repost - StarKids Tracilacie: Friends friends friends of the jungle!Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oe3wguSON31uetdyxo1_1280
tracilacie: Friends friends friends of the jungle!
September 26 2016
-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren showing some StarKid love for Dylan:

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_ogjs2bMXK11uetdyxo1_500
Repost - StarKids Tumblr_ogjs2bMXK11uetdyxo2_r1_500
dailydarrennews:
Who Should Play Young Dumbledore?

11Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:38 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, "Friendsgiving."  Love that description.  Love that these friendships are so strong and lasting.  It makes me happy to know that Darren is surrounded by such wonderful friendships.  heart

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_ogz9j7c4391s6ajg7o1_1280
likewedreamimpossiblethings: 

jlbeatty: Heaven is an endless dinner table with all the people I love. So, basically I’m ded. #friendsgiving
dailydarrennews

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_ogzqluVANr1uetdyxo1_1280
tracilacie: + 20 friends!  heart heart heart heart #friendsgiving
November 21 2016
dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

12Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:56 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oi2v8e6nsN1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost jlbeatty

Red Lobster: When you’re here, you’re Lobster!  http://ift.tt/2hvJZTL
DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:10 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So I saw this tweet from Robert Schneider.  The link in the tweet leads to a site regarding a show at Feinstein's 54 Below (NYC) on January 22.  On this site, Robert Schneider is listed as the producer and director of the show.  So will 3 StarKids be performing together?  If so, Lilikoiluv and the rest of you StarKid fans will be pleased.   But not sure if it is confirmed that Darren is participating.

14Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:59 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Just wanted to note that StarKid is performing in Dubliin.  Go DarrenCrissArmy for the funny photoshop job done with the various StarKid members.  :amused

StarKid wrote:
therealteamstarkid What’s more green? Our sunburn, our speedos, or DUBLIN????!!!!! Did you hear? We’re going to @leakycon!!! Here’s our line-up. @jonyricker @slowpez8 @funkwox @claark @brian.holden @merediddys @jlbeatty @dylansaunders & Nick Lang!! See you in Dublin at the end of August!! (Kudos to Jaime for her photoshop skills and for Darren’s help as well)
June 2, 2017

via DarrenCrissArmy

Link:  http://darrencrissarmy.com/post/161364280227/therealteamstarkid-whats-more-green-our-sunburn

15Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

I love this message.  Very nicely done, Jamie.  heart

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_os4m3849NF1wpi2k2o1_1280
jlbeatty: About to board a flight home but before I do, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Pride and very Happy Harry Potterversary! YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We will always have each other and this endlessly inspiring community of some of the most accepting, loving, kind, and compassionate humans I have ever encountered. Please continue to be excellent to one another. Now, prepare my flying machine heart 

June 25, 2017

via dcriss-archive

coreylubo: I didn’t know that picking up a book off a random table at Barnes and Noble would lead me down this path. I didn’t know the wonderful people I’d meet along the way. And I didn’t know, after all this time… Harry’s would still going strong. Happy anniversary #HarryPotter. (I’ll post some more BTS throwbacks on my story tomorrow!) #harrypotter20

via dcriss-archive

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_os4eecOMA31wpi2k2o1_1280

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_os4eecOMA31wpi2k2o2_1280

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_os4eecOMA31wpi2k2o3_1280

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_os4eecOMA31wpi2k2o4_1280
coreylubo: I didn’t know that picking up a book off a random table at Barnes and Noble would lead me down this path. I didn’t know the wonderful people I’d meet along the way. And I didn’t know, after all this time… Harry’s would still going strong. Happy anniversary #HarryPotter. (I’ll post some more BTS throwbacks on my story tomorrow!) #harrypotter20

via dcriss-archive

16Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:58 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

I'll post a few pics.  Darren looks just a tad pleased for his friend.  :happy face

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oszc7fn9Le1wpi2k2o2_400

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_oszc7fn9Le1wpi2k2o4_400
Darren and Dylan Saunders at Darren’s house for Dylan’s premiere on Turn (July 8th, 2017) | Source

(Tags:  Dylan Saunders, Turn AMC, Milo Brooks instagram, Los Angeles)

17Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:22 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

This is for you, Lilikoiluv, from Joe Moses.  :happy face

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_ovmfzz83GZ1wpi2k2o3_r1_540

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_ovmfzz83GZ1wpi2k2o4_r1_500

18Repost - StarKids Empty The Wayward Guide (Tin Can Brothers) Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It occurred to me that maybe I should have posted The Wayward Guide info here.  :big grin

From Darren Criss Army:

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_owsup5yTDl1ubd9qxo1_1280

Repost - StarKids Tumblr_owp8y6y5lf1ubd9qxo1_1280

http://www.wayward.guide

The Kickstarter fundraising campaign is now over, but they raised over their goal of $100,000.  They ended by raising $122,123!  :happy face

#WaywardGuide

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

19Repost - StarKids Empty Re: StarKids Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, this is nice.

Darren is the #1 Top 10 Celebrity Harry Potter Fans

via dcriss-archive

From this YouTube Video:

Top 10 Celebrity Harry Potter Fans

20Repost - StarKids Empty The Wayward Guide (Tin Can Brothers) Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:15 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The Wayward Guide (Tin Can Brothers)

From dcriss-archive:

I think I spot Glee alumni Curt Mega.  :happy face
Repost - StarKids Tumblr_owwf4cpgvI1wpi2k2o1_1280
tincanbros Thanks to 2,474 amazing Kickstarter backers, we get to make #WaywardGuide this fall with some incredible people.

#WaywardGuide

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum