Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elsie Fest 2016

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Elsie Fest 2016.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Darren's Music and Musical Performances"), please let me know. 

-

2soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrrennews:

Darren was in Ft. Greene Park in Brooklyn, performing and doing some introductions of other entertainers for "Broadway in the Boros," featuring music from "Beautiful," the Broadway musical about Carole King.

He said in this interview that he will be making announcements about Elsie Fest in a week or two.  :happy face

I know he is not using the same site in NYC that he used last year (the JBL Live Concert venue at Pier 97, NYC).  A while ago, Elsie Fest had asked in a poll if folks preferred Brooklyn over a New Jersey site, with most preferring Brooklyn.   @ElsieFest   It is a smart move for him to be taking part in "Broadway in the Boros," considering that he will be hosting Elsie Fest, possibly (most likely?) somewhere in a park in Brooklyn.  Someone stated that he said the locale for Elsie Fest 2016 may be near water. 

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oad7btzRr71uetdyxo1_250  soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oad7btzRr71uetdyxo2_250
“I’m gonna announce Elsie fest dates in a week. It’s by the water” | source

The beginning of the interview is a little amusing, because Darren didn't know she had begun filming and he was taken a bit by surprise.   Was she only using her cell to film?  Poor Darren.  Luckily, he didn't say anything awkward at the beginning, like a string of curse words.  :amused 

106.7 Lite FM With Darren Criss Brooklyn in the Boroughs.

It's fantastic that we are getting an announcement about Elsie Fest soon!  thumbs up

A nice short interview about Darren praising the program "Broadway in the Boros."    Some of what he says also applies to Elsie Fest, spreading the interest in musical theater to areas outside Manhattan. 

madein_ny Our #BwayintheBorosperformance this afternoon featured a surprise performance from @darrencriss! He took a moment to talk about why it’s great we’re bringing #broadway to communities throughout #NYC this summer.

-
-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

3soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

A longer video of Darren at Broadway in the Boros, where he talks a little bit about Elsie Fest 2016.

Near the beginning of the video, he said that he will make more announcements about Elsie Fest 2016 in the next week or two.  He said that Elsie Fest this year will be by the water.   He teased that the line-up this year is very exciting.  :happy face

4soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Announcements of Elsie Fest tomorrow.  :big grin 

From dailydarrennews:

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oau8kqGt3D1uetdyxo1_500

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oau6b7wT0V1uetdyxo1_500

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oau6b7wT0V1uetdyxo2_r1_500

5soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From @DarrenArmy

Tweet from Darren about Elsie Fest announcements tomorrow on the Elvis Duran show.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:45 am; edited 4 times in total

6soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:29 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I am copying and pasting Elsie Fest info in this thread, that I had  reblogged from dailydarrennews (which I previously had placed in the Darren Appreciation Thread). 

From dailydarrennews:

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nfbvC65C1uetdyxo1_500
Elsie Fest Update

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo1_500
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo2_500
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo3_500
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo4_500
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo5_500
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo6_500
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo7_500
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_o7nh0pq3mz1uetdyxo8_500
Additional info About Elsie Fest 2016 from Ricky

Just to put things into perspective, last year, Elsie Fest was not announced by Darren until August 14, 2015.  

See Darren's tweet below:

And so he tweeted this on Tuesday, August 18, 2015.

7soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Elsie Fest 2016 on September 5, 2016 Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:53 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

True to his word, Darren made announcements about Elsie Fest 2016 today!   applause 

Elsie Fest will be on September 5, 2016 (Labor Day), and it starts at 1 pm.

From dailydarrennews:

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavq1uOlql1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: Announcing The Great Elsie Fest Musical Extravaganza 9/5/16 | Ford Amphitheater at Coney Island Boardwalk! Featuring full sets from Megan Hilty, Tituss Burgess, Lena Hall, Rebel and a Basketcase, Corey Cott, Jason Robert Brown, Pasek and Paul, Julie James and a special guest appearance by Cynthia Erivo!!! Sign up for pre-sale at ElsieFest.com
(via dailydarrennews)

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavet3Q75R1uetdyxo1_r1_500
source
(via dailydarrennews)

Pre-sale begins this Thursday July 28, at 10 am ET
General Sale begins this Friday, July 29 at 10 am ET
Note:  It appears the way to receive the pre-sale code is by signing up with your email address.
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavdtvBQey1uetdyxo1_500

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavdtvBQey1uetdyxo2_500
via elsiefest.com
(via dailydarrennews)

Elvis Duran interview (audio)

Elvis Duran Show: Darren Criss Reveals ‘Elsie Fest’ 2016 Line-Up!

(via dailydarrennews)

Media coverage:
The Hollywood Reporter wrote:

Last year’s Elsie Fest was a passion project,” said Criss and Rollins in a statement. “The support from the public and the success of the festival reinforced what we knew, that people love coming together to watch, hear and sing with their favorite musical stars. Now, we hope to make Elsie Fest bigger and better every year.

- Hollywood Reporter

Also:
Broadway.com

BroadwayWorld

Pop-Culturalist

Note that Darren said in the Elvis Duran interview, that he is still hoping to add people to the line up.  :happy face

Elvis Duran show wrote:
We’re still hopefully adding people to the line up
- Darren Criss on Elsie Fest http://elvisduran.iheart.com/articles/what-we-talked-about-136656/interview-darren-criss-reveals-elsie-fest-14939955/
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavgqdsNWR1uetdyxo1_500

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavgqdsNWR1uetdyxo2_500

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavny1Dd8h1uetdyxo1_500

Poster

Just like last year, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Broadway Cares / Equity Fights Aids.  -The Hollywood Reporter

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavjc1jdaY1ubd9qxo1_1280
@ElsieFest
via (DarrenCrissArmy)

Some pics of the site at the Ford Amphitheater at Coney Island Boardwalk. 
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavfx27Tnf1ubd9qxo3_500

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavfx27Tnf1ubd9qxo2_500

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oavfx27Tnf1ubd9qxo1_500

Elsie Fest 2016 Ford Amphitheater at Coney Island Boardwalk

Presale Tickets on sale Thursday, 10 AM (ET)
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total

8soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From DarrenCrissArmy:

A few more media sites:

-Billboard

-Playbill has some helpful directions on how to get to the Ford Amphitheater:  Playbill

And this seems like good news.  This year at Elsie Fest, tickets will be for specific seats. 
@ElsieFest

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

9soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Wow, he looks so tiny! He's already working hard for that Hedwig body. The venue looks really cool. Last years was nice but this one looks better for an all day event with the shade. So does this mean Darren won't be performing this year? That kind of sucks, but it looks like he's already rehearsing for Hedwig (?) so he might not have the time.

10soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Tash!  So nice to see you here! welcome   :hello

Tash wrote:Wow, he looks so tiny! He's already working hard for that Hedwig body. The venue looks really cool. Last years was nice but this one looks better for an all day event with the shade. So does this mean Darren won't be performing this year? That kind of sucks, but it looks like he's already rehearsing for Hedwig (?) so he might not have the time.

He is very trim.  I agree, he must be working really hard for that Hedwig body.  

It's nice that this venue looks shaded.  Darren is performing too.  He's part of the line-up too.   thumbs up 

Tash, if you have any questions, just PM me any time.  Just click on "Member List" on the Home Page (under Darren's pic) and click on "PM" to the right of my name, or if you see that I posted in a thread, just click on "PM" in my Profile.  Also you may want to visit this thread Some General Instructions of How to Use this Site.

Again, so nice to see you here!   I look forward to engaging in conversation with you!

11soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_oaxk8xqrsN1uetdyxo1_500

link to Elsie Fest poster

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

12soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:31 pm

K thanks Poppy! Yeah, I saw like right after posting that the poster said he was performing. The article I was reading before didn't specifically call him out as a performer so that's why I thought he wasn't.

13soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Tash!  That makes sense.   I assumed that was what happened, since the articles vary in terms of the details they offer.  

ha!  The illustration of him on the poster threw me off for a moment.   I saw his name, but the drawing adds a lot of "character."   :amused

14soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:58 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_ob0c9ct3UJ1uetdyxo1_500
ELSIE FEST 2016 DETAILS.

Pre-sale tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10:00 AM EDT

Pre-sale code: Coney

General public tickets go on sale Friday, July 29th at 10:00 AM EDT

Click here for tickets (via Ticketmaster)

Meet & Greet tickets will go on sale in a few weeks’ time. VIP tickets will be $225 and $250.

(via dailydarrennews)

15soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:42 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Playbill is also offering a Pre-sale code for Elsie Fest tickets:

Playbill wrote:

Playbill has a pre-sale code for Darren Criss’ outdoor Elsie Fest that is exclusive to our readers. Click here to pre-order tickets, and use the code: Playbill.

Playbill

Very nice article about Elsie Fest.   I can see how much more comfortable Darren is promoting this year's festival.  He really has framed Elsie Fest in such a positive light, including some of the changes for this year (different venue, and some of the composers will be performing).    Coney Island sounds like a fun experience and probably a nostalgic one for some of the audience.  And the venue with its shade does look nice, and the seating looks more set.  What a great idea to include some composers, and to include an Indie band like Evan Rachel Wood's band, Rebel and a Basketcase.    This continues one of his themes of how music crosses over (for example last year, the music ranged from musical theater to punk music, to pop music, to Disney classic tunes).  I also really like the way he articulates that he hopes that Elsie Fest will have its own unique character, how the audience will "hear songs and see songs performed that you couldn’t see anywhere else. It’s one of those Coachella moments, where you had to be there to hear that tune."

It's also cool that people can come in and go as they please (I guess they will get special stamps on their arms or bracelets?).   I don't remember if that was allowed last year.

Speaking for myself (although I am not going to be able to attend), I would love to see one or more Glee cast members pop up for one song (and also Leslie Odom Jr. and Jeremy Jordan  :happy face ).   I think having the StarKids come in, even if just for one or two songs would bring in their fanbase, but I respect that Darren wishes to change it up every year. 

Playbill wrote:

Darren Criss Talks What to Expect at His Outdoor Music Festival

Darren Criss is back at it again. He’s announced the date, lineup and venue for the second annual Elsie Fest, the outdoor music festival for Broadway fans and theatre lovers. On September 5, Criss and his lineup ( which includes everyone from Kimmy Schmidt’s Tituss Burgess to Tony-winning Color Purple star Cynthia Erivo) will head to Coney Island to sing show tunes alongside the Brooklyn beach and boardwalk.

Playbill has a pre-sale code for Darren Criss’ outdoor Elsie Fest exclusive to our readers. Click here to pre-order tickets, and use the code: Playbill.

Like last year, the festival will have a main stage, where each artist will perform his or her set, as well as a Marie’s Crisis Beer Garden, where Criss’ other performer friends (and possibly a few from the mainstage) will serenade theatre fans over bottles of beer and slices of pizza.

After the lineup was announced for the Labor Day event, Criss called in from Philadelphia, where he was performing at the Democratic National Convention, to talk about what new things to expect at this year’s festival.

First off, why the switch to Coney Island this year?

Darren Criss: We looked at a ton of different venues; we initially had it at Pier 97 last year, which is closer to midtown. It had more of a Broadway feel. That area has now changed a little bit because of residential areas that have [been] built around there now, but also, when we saw the venue at Coney Island, we just thought, “Man, we want to make it a destination and excursion for people!” It’s a newer [and] refurbished venue…but it just felt so very New York. What was important for me for the festival was for it to feel very much like a ‘New York’ thing, not only culturally with Broadway people being involved, but geographically, and one of the great things that I love when I mention Coney Island to people, the number one reaction is, “Oh man! I haven’t been there since I was like a kid! I need a reason to go back,” so you can make a day out of it. It’s Labor Day. You can go down to the beach, you can go hang down by the boardwalk, obviously… It’s a day-long thing. It’s meant to be a whole experience beyond just watching a few concerts.

So, the venue is outside?

DC: Yeah, it’s kind of a hybrid. This venue is sort of a little bit of both. September is tricky, so we do have a rain contingency, God forbid that happens. I’ll knock on wood, but it is connected right off the boardwalk, so it kind of feels outdoors. It’s certainly open-air. It’s like an open-air amphitheatre.

I had a blast last year! But, what did you learn from then, and what will you change?

DC: Well, there’s so much that we want to do. My true ideal version of this festival is probably ten years out, which is me being an overly ambitious producer. There’s a lot of logistical things that I won’t bore you with, but it’s certainly just wanting to expand on every little thing. Anything that went well, we just went, “Man, I wish it could have gone this much better.” Every year we are loving the idea that we’re getting to expand a little more. A couple things are different in the sense that…having both Jason Robert Brown and Benj Pasek and Justin Paul representing the composer side of things… People know their music, but oftentimes they don’t get to see them sing their songs, so adding that as an element to our festival was important to me because I always wanted to have that. Also, we have Evan Rachel Wood, who had a great kind of music-crossover-film [career]— she’s a singer, she’s a performer, she’s a total Broadway nerd…. She’ll be playing with her band, Rebal and a Basketcase, which to me is important because I like highlighting these people in pop culture. I want them to be all treated equally in the same place, and I really don’t know another venue where you’d be able to see, again, someone like Jason Robert Brown in the same area you’d be able to see a cool indie band like that. So, it’s important for me that the festival really highlights who the people are, not so much what it sounds like or what it looks like. It’s more the general collection of giving all these people who we love in pop culture a chance to really shine in their element.

It was very Broadway-song heavy last year. With the addition of bands and composers, will we hear pop music, too?

DC: Yeah, at the end of the day, it’s really [dependent upon] the performer. I encourage all of them to do whatever they want. I like the idea of: If we know somebody for a certain type of music to [have them] do a different kind of music. I want the pop guys to do more traditional or jazz stuff or vice versa. To me, the highlights of last year are when you see Aaron Tveit doing something from Taylor Swift. … At the end of the day it’s up to them, but I do lean on my performers to really try and do stuff that they’ve never got a chance to, which also makes it interesting for the audience because I want this to be a place where you can hear songs and see songs performed that you couldn’t see anywhere else. It’s one of those Coachella moments, where you had to be there to hear that tune.

Is StarKid going to join you again?

DC: No, they were with us last year, so we’re going to switch it up every year. I think maybe in another two years.

What’s going to be happening between sets? Last year, the Marie’s Crisis Beer Garden was on the opposite end of the mainstage, so there was a lot of running back and forth to try and catch it all!

DC: Hopefully, we’ll have it streamlined. We’re still figuring out the best places for everything. We announced the roster, but I’m going to make no claims to say that everything is perfected. We still have a lot to do before September, when we get to the venue to decide where things can be and what the best idea can be to maximize everyone’s enjoyment. The cool thing about being at this venue is, because of the way it operates along the boardwalk, not only would you have this Marie’s Crisis singalong, you also have a whole beach and a whole boardwalk at your disposal. So in between sets, if you don’t mind missing a performer or two and you want to walk around like a true festival, you have the architecture of Coney Island built into our grounds. So you can kind of come and go as you please. If you want to ride on the Cyclone in between sets, you totally can.

In terms of food and drink trucks, is it going to be even bigger and better? Last year, one of the only complaints was about waiting in line for food.

DC: It was the worst last year. The fact that that was our worst problem last year is a miracle. The fact that nobody died and nothing catastrophic happened to me was such a large victory. Something as fundamental and easily fixable as food truck saturation is like a joy to be able to mend for next year. I had never done a festival before, so obviously there’s a huge learning curve. I anticipate after this year, there will be a new set of notes with a new set of problems, and we’ll [learn from that] every year.

You have a killer lineup. Will you announce even more as we approach?

DC: Ideally, I think so. I’m hesitant with saying that for sure, but I wouldn’t rule it out. What happens is, with the help of you and with the help of our other friends in the Broadway world, if there’s enough excitement, hopefully we can get some other people. If they hear about it, and they want to be a part of it and they reach out to us, then it would be great, but if that doesn’t happen, I’ll be so thrilled to just have the guys we do now.

You’re performing as well. Can you tease anything?

DC: It is the last thing I think about, and I probably won’t figure it out until the week of. Until then, I’m running around on the phone with clipboards and emails and so much logistic stuff, that’s the last piece.

The special thing about Elsie Fest is that there are opportunities for fan interaction.

DC: Yeah, there will definitely be some meet-and-greets if people are up for that. I think some of the VIP packages have that, but I really wanted to apply the model that we use for a lot of rock bands and pop groups—a lot of standard protocol that I think a lot of Broadway performers aren’t used to. It’s a really fun experience for both sides because the audience members are usually used to just waiting [outside the] stage door, and also the performers aren’t used to getting to meet fans in this kind of capacity. Trying to apply that to this festival is really important to me, so there will definitely be opportunities to meet your favorite folks.

The composers, such as Benj and Justin, will be performing?

DC: Yes, they do their own kind of schtick, and I imagine they’ll have some people come in and out of their set. Last year, our roster revolved around each other—people did duets, and people showed up and did all kind of fun things together—so hopefully we can have the same thing happen. I would be disappointed if it didn’t happen.

Are there any other tidbits that you want to tease?

DC: I think bringing it to this venue is going to be really exciting. I think it’s going to be really fun to have it in Coney Island because once you get there, it’s just so charming and it’s so old-school New York. [With] the poster that we made, we were so hell-bent on trying to make it feel like an old-timey Coney Island poster and bring a sense of nostalgia to what we’re doing. Even though what we’re doing is somewhat new, it’s fun [for it] to feel like a day at the beach and a day of going to a concert to take you away from everything.

-Playbill

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

16soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Elvis Duran Show July 29, 2016. Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Elvis Duran Show, July 29, 2016.

From dailydarrennews:

It's always fun to see and hear Darren on the Elvis Duran Show.  They just have so much fun on that show and you can tell that they have a genuine affection for Darren, and that Darren has a genuine affection for Elvis and his staff. 

On an objective level, again, I can see how much more comfortable Darren is promoting Elsie Fest this year, which makes sense since last year Elsie Fest went so well and was a wonderful success (plus Darren now has more experience playing the role of promoter for this second year).    He really has made the effort to frame the discussion of Elsie Fest in a really positive way, a music festival outdoors, where people can enjoy these Broadway and pop performers in a whole new type of environment, a more relaxed setting, where the audience is encouraged to rock out and let loose.

I wish that Elvis had put out a complete version of the audio or the complete video, because it's at the beginning where Darren puts out some important info about Elsie Fest.  He did a good job putting forth his short little spiel on Elsie Fest at the beginning of the video (my only suggestion would be that next time he have a little notecard with the names of all the performers).

Edit:  Oops.  I see that the ever efficient dailydarrennews has put the entire interview on Youtube (18.5 minutes long).   Thank you!

You may also click here to watch on Darren's Facebook, the complete video of Darren on the Elvis Duran Show (7/29/16):    

Video:  Darren's Facebook (Elvis Duran Show July 29, 2016)

And here is a  shorter version  of the audio (15 minutes long):

The Day Darren Criss and Elvis Did a Duet

Darren Criss joined us today and did an amazing duet with Elvis. Greg T and Danielle got zombified and Intern Sorren is finally going to meet someone she met online!
dailydarrennews

Great job Darren!  Now, get some sleep.   Chronic sleep deprivation will wreak havoc on one's memory.   Darren said he has a job to be at on early Monday today (so I hope he can get more sleep).    And . . . what job is this?!   Please share!   confused applause

-

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:48 pm; edited 6 times in total

17soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Elvis Duran Show July 29, 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Here is a video from Elvis Duran that is the shortest version (9 minutes long), but the video is very clear, as well as the audio.

He talks about his views on music teachers, performing for others, how he loves performing arts in part because of the community and team work  surrounding performing arts, the importance of infectious performers where it is evident how much they love the craft of performing live and sharing that energy with a live audience, and his desire to be on a live TV musical, along with singing a duet with Elvis.

Elvis Duran Show

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

18soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Elvis Duran Show July 29,2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren, really, get some sleep.  :amused  His fuzzy head is endearing, as well as his happy, but tired eyes.
 soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_ob2occxDjI1uetdyxo1_500
via Darren’s Snapchat (username: darrencriss)
dailydarrennews

Like Lin said, I like how he's having fun with his Snapchats.  I like the little decorative messages he puts on his pics on Snapchat.

Darren looking surprisingly good, considering how little sleep he has gotten.

dailydarrennews

ha!  It's cute to see that the Elvis Duran office is just as much a fan of that Broadway Style Guide photo shoot as Darren's fans are.  :amused

dailydarrennews

Some nice pics.   Darren is striking in that bottom pic.  :happy face
soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_ob2xodvODN1uetdyxo1_1280

soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Tumblr_ob2xodvODN1uetdyxo2_1280
Elvis Duran We are LIVE with @DarrenCriss!

Elvis Duran Love hanging out with @DarrenCriss, make sure you get your tickets for @ElsieFest NOW!

(via dailydarrennews)

Elvis Duran

Just performed ‘A Whole New World’ with the perfect Princess Jasmine, @DarrenCriss.

dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

19soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Poppy wrote:Great job Darren!  Now, get some sleep.   Chronic sleep deprivation will wreak havoc on one's memory.   Darren said he has a job to be at on Monday morning (so I hope he can perform well on such little sleep).    And . . . what job is this?!   Please share!   confused applause

Did he say Monday morning? I thought he said he had to catch a plane right after the interview because he had to be in LA for work this afternoon, so even less time to sleep!  Sleep  But either way, I'm curious what it's about.

20soho - Elsie Fest 2016 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh no.  You are right.   He's flying directly to L.A. because he  has to be at his job at 3:30 today

I hope he will be able to concentrate.   :fingers crossed   oh   They are gonna have to put on some heavy make-up to cover those dark bags under his eyes.  :amused

Yes, really, he is such a tease, letting it slip that he has a job to do today, but not saying anything more.  And I notice that Elvis didn't ask him what job.  I'm sure Darren told him, but made him promise to keep it a secret (from his poor, suffering, adoring, ever-patient--or sometimes patient--fans). :cry

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum