Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elsie Fest 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:39 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From @DarrenArmy

BroadwayWorld.com is having a contest to win two VIP tickets to Elsie Fest!

BroadwayWorld.com wrote:BWW Contest: Win Two VIP Tickets to Elsie Fest!

BroadwayWorld is giving one of our lucky readers a chance to win two VIP tickets to Elsie Fest on Monday, September 15th, 2016 in New York City! Enter the contest today!

The contest prize includes two tickets to the event with access to the VIP lounge!

Entering is super easy! Just follow the steps on the form below! There are five easy ways to enter the contest! Just like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and share the contest with your friends to maximize your chances at winning!

The contest ends at 11:59 PM EST on September 2nd, 2016.

The second annual Elsie Fest include full sets from Tony Award nominated actress and Singer Megan Hilty; actor, singer and Emmy nominated star of Netflix Original series The UnBreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Tituss Burgess; Emmy nominated musician and actor Darren Criss; musician and actress Evan Rachel Wood and musician Zach Villa perform as Rebel and a Basket Case; musical theater composer, lyricist, playwright, and two time Tony award winner Jason Robert Brown; Hedwig and the Angry Inch's Tony award winning Lena Hall; Broadway sensation starring in the upcoming The Bandstand, Corey Cott; Tony nominated songwriting duo behind Broadway's upcoming musical Dear Evan Hansen, PASEK AND PAUL; Broadway personality and SiriusXM Radio "On Broadway" host, Julie James; and, a special guest performance by 2016 Tony Award Winner of The Color Purple, Cynthia Erivo.

This year, Elsie Fest moves to the famous Coney Island. Performances at the Ford Amphitheater at the Coney Island Boardwalk begin at 1pm and last all day. In addition, concertgoers will be offered exclusive meet and greet packages with their favorite stars, festival merchandise and a Beer Garden from the famed West Village piano bar MARIE'S CRISIS.

*We may send you updates about this contest and future contests and promotions via email. Winner must provide own transportation to the event.

-BroadwayWorld
August 29, 2015

#ElsieFest  #darrencriss

42ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:29 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocot8soq221uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: Before they were Lucas & Dustin lookin for Will on @strangerthingstv … @calebrmclaughl1 & @GatenM123 were Simba & Gavroche lookin for their spotlight on the Broadway Stage! So happy to have them joining #ElsieFest as special guests with backing band THE UPSIDE DOWN

Ah, theater kids, and Broadway stars.  Check out Gaten Matarazzo singing "Bring Him Home" (Le Miz).  Such a beautiful voice.

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

43ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:00 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Playbill is giving away a pair of tickets to Elsie Fest 2016 every day of this week!
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocqct6gAWw1uetdyxo2_500
Win a pair of tickets to Elsie Fest 2016

Playbill will be announcing a new winner every day on Twitter between Tuesday August 30 and Sunday September 4.  :happy face

Some excerpts from the BroadwayWorld interview:
BroadwayWorld wrote:
BWW Interview: Back for More- Darren Criss Reveals Details on the Return of the Great Elsie Fest!

The second annual Elsie Fest, a one-day outdoor music festival celebrating stars and songs from the stage and screen, will take place on Monday, September 5th at the Ford Amphitheater at the Coney Island Boardwalk.

The second annual Elsie Fest will include full sets from Tony Award nominated actress and Singer Megan Hilty; actor, singer and Emmy nominated star of Netflix Original series The UnBreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Tituss Burgess; Emmy nominated musician and actor Darren Criss; musician and actress Evan Rachel Wood and musician Zach Villa perform as Rebel and a Basket Case; musical theater composer, lyricist, playwright, and two time Tony award winner Jason Robert Brown; Hedwig and the Angry Inch's Tony award winning Lena Hall; Broadway sensation starring in the upcoming The Bandstand, Corey Cott; Tony nominated songwriting duo behind Broadway's upcoming musical Dear Evan Hansen, PASEK AND PAUL; Broadway personality and SiriusXM Radio "On Broadway" host, Julie James; and, a special guest performance by 2016 Tony Award Winner of The Color Purple, Cynthia Erivo.

Darren Criss, the mastermind behind the event, just checked in with BroadwayWorld to chat about all things Elsie...

I went back and looked at the interview I did with you last year at this time. You were obviously very excited, but you were also a little bit like, "I hope that we get through this alive"...

I know, and it seems we did! I think in every venture that I take on I'm just hoping and praying for a passing grade. I set my bar pretty low. There is definitely relief this year that we've done it before, once. It's a little less abstract this year. It's a little more of a concrete thing that we know we can do again. But it's also a new venue, so we'll see how it goes. We also took a gamble with the Labor Day thing, so we'll see how that goes!

[. . . ]

Obviously you being a big part of the planning and also performing, there's a lot of extra stress on you, even the day of. Was there a moment in the day last year, when you could breathe and say, "Ok, I think this is going to work"?

[. . . ]

I remember when Aaron Tveit was on stage last year. He was used to doing shows in a different atmosphere- obviously on TV or in a theatre playing a character, but he would also do shows at 54 Below or Joe's Pub... these small cabaret venues. I just watched him become a rockstar. There's a couple photos that I love of him turning into a total rock and roller up there, and it was really special because the audience felt it. I felt it at the side of the stage.

That was the moment where I really felt like: "This is what this is about." It's about giving, not only audience to have to experience, but the performers. It's a venue that they don't really get to perform at very often. So that was really a moment where I was like, "Ok this is cool." And obviously, Leslie Odom came after him. It's weird when you see something in your head for so long and then you see it happen in front of you and other people can see eye to eye with you. It's just such a relief.

Let's do a little lightning round.  Tell me me the first word that comes to mind for each of these performers. Megan Hilty...

Bombshell. But literally, not just the SMASH thing. She is a radiant bombshell.

Tituss Burgess.

Freakazoid singer.

Lena Hall.

Freakazoid singer [Laughs]. They're both crazy. It's tough not to use the same adjective. Rockstar.

Jason Robert Brown.

Iconic. Too soon? Is he too young for that?

Pasek and Paul.

Young blood. New kids on the block.

Corey Cott.

Charm-ball.

Rebel and the Basketcase.

The Edge. Edgy, sexy Hollywood.

Julie James.

Fan representation. I love Julie like so many people the country that listen to her and love her. She is the voice of the Broadway fan.

And of course, the most popular lady on Broadway right now, Miss Cynthia Ervio.

I don't have any words for her. It's just noises. Just noises of awe.

[. . . ]

There were so many cool moments last year. Can people expect as many collaborations and duets and all that kind of fun stuff?

Absolutely. And they can definitely expect some special guests beyond Cynthia that aren't necessarily announced. One of the fun things about Coachella is seeing the unexpected names and faces that pop out during certain moments that can only be seen at that event. Hopefully, people's sets and my set are songs they wouldn't be able to see anywhere else. I think that for every Elsie set I try and do at least a handful of songs that I've never done before, to make it really a special event for people that come.

And after this you are launching the HEDWIG tour!

Yeah! It's slowly dawning on me and I kind of feel guilty because my assistant director just texted me saying "Yay! We start rehearsal in two weeks!" I'm just like, "That's lightyears away." [Laughs] I've got so much stuff going on. I'm doing this play in New York next Monday; I've gotta rehearse for Elsie; I've gotta put my rehearsal schedule together; I have all these other personal obligations. There are so many things on my plate. I drive by the marquee in LA and it's already up there and I'm just like, "Man, I gotta get my shit together!"

You've some stuff to get though first.

Yeah I definitely do. But it's becoming more real to me that I have to brush up on the lady, herself.

Will this be the first real professional thing that you've gotten to do in your hometown?

Definitely to a degree. I did sort of professional theatre as a kid at a couple of different companies. I saw shows the Golden Gate Theatre all the time when I was a kid. So the fact that I'm doing it there is really special. It's the same with Lena [Hall]. Lena and I are both from San Francisco and anybody who's from there has an extraordinary amount of pride in being from that town, because it is so small and it's rare that people do grow up in the city proper, like she and I did. I'm excited to share it with all my drama teachers that couldn't make it up to New York and all my friends that stayed in the city that couldn't make it out.

Rewinding back to Elsie, what are you most looking forward to at this point?

I am sort of apprehensive because I want to make sure that the venue is cool. It is a new venue, and you have to figure out the schematics of the flow of people, but I am excited that it's in Coney Island. I like that it's a very 'New York' destination. I like that the large percent of people who I tell about the festival will say one of two things: "Oh, I've never been to Coney Island and I've always wanted a reason to go," or "Man, I haven't been there since I was a kid." Having an excuse to go down there is fun and I like that it's really a destination venue.

It will be the very tail end of summer, on Labor Day, and if you don't have any plans, what better way to spend it than come to Coney Island, an easy train ride? I'm excited for people to see the venue and I think it will be really fun mix of two different things that people love: the tradition of cabaret and live musical performances, but also Coney Island and the beach. Sign me up.

For more information on Elsie Fest visit: www.elsiefest.com

Actor, musician and Emmy-nominated composer, Darren Criss, most recently appeared on the Emmy award-winning FX series "American Horror Story." Prior to his rave-reviewed role as Hedwig, he starred on Broadway as J. Pierrepont Finch in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. Criss is best known for his breakout role as Blaine Anderson on FOX's Emmy and Golden Globe Award?winning series "Glee." The San Francisco-native is a co-founder of StarKid Productions, a Chicago-based theatre company whose works have spurred viral hits, multiple Billboard charting cast albums, and sold-out national tours. His additional film, TV and stage credits include Girl Most Likely oppositeKristen Wiig and Annette Bening, The Wind Rises, "Web Therapy," ABC's "Backstage with Disney on Broadway," "Michael Feinstein's New Year's Eve Special" on PBS as well as hosting duties for the NewNowNext Awards and Teen Choice Awards.

-BroadwayWorld
August 30, 2016

I love this quote from Darren:  "That was the moment where I really felt like: 'This is what this is about.' It's about giving, not only [to the] audience to have to experience, but the performers."

Looking at the part of the interview where he talks about his crazy schedule, it does raise a  question.   The fact that not only is Elsie Fest going to be an event every year, but that Elsie Fest will be an event that Darren plays a central role in terms of organizing, . . . one wonders what will Darren do when conflicts arise in the future?  There may be (hopefully) offers to be part of theater productions that run for a period of time, as well as film or TV offers, that overlap with Elsie Fest.   How will he prioritize?   Will he place as the highest priority that which will further his career along the most?  Or what he feels is his special passion project?  It's an interesting question.   The good thing is that if he faces such a dilemma, then it means he is getting some good offers.  Better to be faced with too many projects, than not many.   Plus, hopefully, somewhere down the line, he will get to the point where these organizational/administrative duties for Elsie Fest will be delegated completely to others.

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total

44ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:18 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocqznrwoYc1uetdyxo1_500
ktroxx @darrencriss is always SO FUN and just the best to work with. Everyone check out @elsiefest at Coney Island this labor day, you won’t want to miss it!!! #productionlife #elsiefest #coneyisland #broadway

haha!

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocqx0jbn8n1uetdyxo1_500

Paul Costabile Coming soon the new street side musical “Aww Shucks” @darrencriss @iHeartRadio

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocqnshUNtr1uetdyxo1_500
somecallmejordy: My face is pure #glee  #iloveny #darrencriss

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

45ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:55 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Always fun to watch Darren on drums.  Love that outfit and the hat completes it.  :happy face

mypatronusisklaine:

Darren on 95.5 PLJ’s snapchat (August 31st)

dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsjyoP44P1uetdyxo1_500

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocslf8qEzt1uetdyxo1_500
Via Elsie Fest’s Snapchat - August 31, 2016

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocskogLSuc1uetdyxo1_500
Pop Up Piano Bar - August 31, 2016 | Source
August 31 2016

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocs62n5Fht1uetdyxo1_500
@Fox5Teresa: In words of @tyleroakley “@DarrenCriss Stop it.Stopitstopitstopitstopit!"Thx for hanging w/us! GL w/@ElsieFest Mon!
August 31 2016

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsa673MZF1uetdyxo1_500
@mikewoodsfox5: You’ve gotta see @DarrenCriss @ElsieFest performing on #LaborDay in #ConeyIsland #talent #beyond #Glee

ha!  This is funny.

Clip of Darren on Good Day New York - August 31, 2016

tyleroakley:
dailydarrennews
Clip of Darren on Good Day New York - August 31, 2016

will darren & i ever escape this video?
4 years later, the answer seems to be no

Poor Tyler. 
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocs7pp7DaW1uetdyxo1_500

I'm glad part of the proceeds of Elsie Fest go to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocs55edD3x1uetdyxo1_500
link

Elsie Fest merchandise!
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocs5b4lq301uetdyxo1_500
rickywinowiecki Coming to ConeyIsland @elsiefest #elsiefest @darrencriss #elsiefest2016
August 31 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:12 am; edited 3 times in total

46ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:46 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren doing Else Fest promotion.  :happy face
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocssp80tVs1uetdyxo1_1280
@955PLJ: Our buddy @DarrenCriss joins @ralphieaversa to talk @ElsieFest at 7:41 on 95.5!
August 31, 2016
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_oct2ehKSz41uetdyxo1_500
ralphieaversa Aversa For Council.

More Elsie Fest promo through the pop-up concert. 
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsqccqvtw1uetdyxo1_1280
todaytix: Thank you and goodnight! @DarrenCriss #DarrenCrissPopup #darrencriss #todaytix
dailydarrennews

Compilation of Snapchat videos from the Pop Up Piano Bar - August 31, 2016

This is cute. 

mypatronusisklaine:

Via Elsie’s snapchat (August 31st)

dailydarrennews

Ah, memories of Darren's performance of Wig in a Box from Hedwig.  I can't wait to see him in November!

jccastro_nyc: @darrencriss @todaytix amazing event! Darren you killed it! #hedwig #gleecast #darrencriss

dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsti844SI1uetdyxo1_500
alexismonetti @darrencriss and #miaswier being super adorable at #darrencrisspopup.

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsqkqGKst1uetdyxo1_1280
@kevinlynchnj: Fun playing with @DarrenCriss today for @ElsieFest16 ! @mariescrisis realness at @todaytix #elsiefest
August 31 2016
dailydarrennews

Some pics with fans.
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsnpnc6FP1uetdyxo1_250
alexismonetti  no but really I'm shaking, @darrencriss came next to me and we sang Suddenly, Seymour together.[size=16]:heart eyes heart music note  #DarrenCrissPopUp #happytears[/size]

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsnpnc6FP1uetdyxo2_r1_250
alexismonetticasual. #darrencrisspopup #herememberedme #imokay

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsnpnc6FP1uetdyxo3_r1_500

andrewroams@darrencriss complimented my shirt. #melting #darrencrisspopup

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocsnpnc6FP1uetdyxo4_r1_250
@jcastro_nyc  @DarrenCriss thanks for the best selfie session :happy face #glee #ElsieFest #hedwig #darrencriss #todaytix

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

47ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:39 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocuga8WhaE1uetdyxo1_500

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocuga8WhaE1uetdyxo2_500
Darren is live with Paul Wontorek on Live at 5 right now on Broadway.com’s facebook.
September 1, 2016

Darren appears around point 6:50.

Broadway.com #LiveeatFive with Darren Criss
September 1, 2016

Interview with Ralphie Aversa (95.5 PLJ)

Darren Criss On Elsie Fest, Hedwig And Funemployment
September 01, 2016

An article in Huffingtonpost.com.  Something about the article prevented me from copying and pasting it.   He did talk about how the new venue on Cooney Island and scheduling Elsie Fest to fall on the Labor Day weekend (when some folks go out of town) pose a few risks. It is nice that it falls on Monday, which is a day when Broadway performers have off. 

I liked this quote from the Huffingtonpost article: 
Huffingtonpost.com wrote:Darren Criss and Evan Rachel Wood Talk Elsie Fest; Broadway At The Beach

Criss told me last year that his goal with Elsie Fest is to take "the passion of fans and bring them and others together in a contemporary, pop-culture driven way" during a time of "transformation" for musical theater.

By reinforcing this commitment, Criss continues to prove himself beyond his own talent as a performer and the TV heartthrob singing sensation turned Broadway star.  He's convened a team joining the vanguards who are revolutionizing entertainment, creating a modern experience that combines pop culture with the tradition of theater.

September 1, 2016

This is cute.
People.com wrote:What These Stranger Things Kids Lack in '80s Know-How, They Make Up for with Enthusiasm

Caleb McLaughlin and Gaten Matarazzo may play two characters living in the ‘80s on Stranger Things, but that doesn’t mean they’re well-versed in what was trending that era.

PEOPLE has an exclusive video of the two young stars testing their ‘80s knowledge (or lack thereof) with former Glee star Darren Criss, 29, and as expected, they don’t … know much.

August 31, 2016

Photos from the iHeart Radio interview.
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_octviaq4sC1uetdyxo1_500

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_octviaq4sC1uetdyxo2_1280
iHeart Radio photos uncropped
September 01, 2016
dailydarrennews

Photos from the Pop-Up Piano Bar.
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocu76z6zF21uetdyxo4_1280

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocu76z6zF21uetdyxo5_1280

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocu76z6zF21uetdyxo2_1280
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocu76z6zF21uetdyxo3_1280

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocu76z6zF21uetdyxo6_1280
Ever wanted to hang out with Darren Criss?
We gave our users and Darren’s fans a chance to win access to A Pop-up Piano Bar this week before Elsie Fest. What ensued was good food, good music, and good people.

Have FOMO? We’ve got you covered. Check out pictures from the event below and make sure to get tickets to hang out with Darren again at Elsie Fest this Labor Day!
September 01 2016
Dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocu692wAQy1uetdyxo1_1280

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocu692wAQy1uetdyxo2_1280
todaytix: #DarrenCrissPopup @darrencriss @elsiefest #darrencriss #todaytix #elsiefest #broadway #offbroadway #glee #soho #theater #theatre #piano #mariescrisis

todaytix: About last night… #DarrenCrisspopup @DarrenCriss @Elsiefest #darrencriss #todaytix #elsiefest #broadway #offbroadway #glee #soho #theater #theatre #piano #mariescrisis
(via dailydarrennews)
September 1, 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

48ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:54 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren and Paul Costabile of iHeart Radio promoting Elsie Fest to the people on the streets of NYC, and having fun while they are doing that.  :amused

Darren Criss Live Street Performance in NYC
September 02 2016

49ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_ocwcud29Bi1ubd9qxo1_1280

#Repost humansofbroadway

“If I could play anyone in the Harry Potter world I’d probably be like a really mellow Ravenclaw that never went to class. I’d be a renegade Ravenclaw. I feel like there was some other narrative that we probably missed out on because he slept through all the drama at Hogwarts and just kind of sailed by and barely passed his O.W.Ls. In real life I’m a Gryffindor, I couldn’t escape that if I tried. But I feel like everybody has two houses that they could fit into, and I’d say I’m a Gryffindor with Ravenclaw rising, or like a Ravenclaw moon. It’s not a real thing, but I’m just saying, Harry was divided between Gryffindor and Slytherin, and I would be divided between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. But I’d choose Gryffindor. Or it would choose me.”
- Darren Criss Broadway performer and creator of Elsie Fest http://ift.tt/2bZHJR3

via DarrenCrissArmy

Also:  Humans of Broadway Facebook

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:15 am; edited 6 times in total

50ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Today Tix seems to have some deals on prices for Elsie Fest:  $59 - $74, including areas that seem like great seats.

Link:  Today Tix: Elsie Fest 

or link:  https://www.todaytix.com/us/nyc/shows/elsie-fest/

Darren Gives the Lowdown on Elsie Fest via iHeartRadio Snapchat Discover 9/1/16

darrencrissarmy

From @DarrenArmy: Another chance to win a pair of Elsie Fest tickets:

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total

51ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

More Elsie Fest promotion:  :happy face
NBC New York wrote:
Megan Hilty, Tituss Burgess, Darren Criss Lead Second Annual Elsie Fest

Broadway’s biggest and brightest will join together Monday at the Ford Amphitheater at the Coney Island Boardwalk for the second annual "Elsie Fest," a one-day outdoor music festival celebrating showtunes from stage and screen.

NBC's "Smash" star Megan Hilty will headline the event, joined by "The UnBreakable Kimmy Schmidt" star Tituss Burgess and Golden Globe-nominated actress Evan Rachel Wood with musician Zach Villa, performing as their band Rebel and a Basket Case.

Tony winner Lena Hall and Criss, both heading out on tour in "Hedwig and the Angry," will perform as well, with SiriusXM Radio host Julie James and "Newsies" star Corey Cott.

YouTube superstar Todrick Hall will take the stage. The 31-year-old stage vet will return to Broadway this December as Lola in "Kinky Boots."

Tony-winning composers Jason Robert Brown ("The Bridges of Madison County") and the Tony-nominated team of Benj Pasek and Justin Paul ("Dear Evan Hansen") are on the roster as well.

Cynthia Erivo, a 2016 Tony winner for her role in "The Color Purple," will perform as a special guest.

The day kicks off at 1 p.m. and goes throughout the evening. In addition to the live sets, attendees will be offered exclusive meet and greet packages with their favorite stars, concert merchandise and a beer garden from the famed West Village piano bar Marie's Crisis.

The festival, which premiered last year at the JBL Live at Pier 97, is the brainchild of "Glee" alum Darren Criss, Broadway producer Jordan Roth and talent manager Ricky Rollins.

Criss had said he came out with the idea of the festival while at Coachella, thinking "let's do this for showtunes."

"Musical theater has been going through a wonderful shift in the past few years. Why not shake up people’s ideas of where to watch the performers they love?" the 29-year-old actor said.

A portion of the proceeeds will go to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. 

For tickets and further information, visit ElsieFest.com.

-NBC New York
September 3, 2016
Via Darren Criss Army

Tickets to Elsie Fest available through Today Tix.  From @DarrenArmy

From dailydarrennews:

An interview which shows just how active Darren likes to keep himself.  We also learn that he was vegan at one point while he was performing Hedwig on Broadway, to stay slim.   And he likes to do karaoke in Korea-town.   No surprise.  What a treat for the other lucky participants who get to listen to him!  Here is an excerpt.  Click on title (below), or link below the excerpt to read the entire article.

New York Post wrote:Darren Criss' perfect night out -- a Koreatown karaoke bar

Darren Criss became a heartthrob when he starred on Fox’s “Glee,” but since then the actor has built a thriving music and Broadway career, appearing onstage in “How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” and “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” The 29-year-old divides his time between downtown New York and LA, and is about to embark on a multicity tour of “Hedwig.” On Monday, he’ll perform at Elsie Fest, a music festival at the Coney Island Amphitheater. The actor tells The Post’s JOHNNY OLEKSINSKI how he likes to spend his free time in NYC.

-NY Post
September 3, 2016

52ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I am concerned about the weather for today and tomorrow.   Mayor Bill de Blasio has not cancelled parades for Monday, but he warned that coastal areas may have flooding.   I'm sure Darren and the organizers are keeping a close eye on updates by weather sites and government officials, and that Darren will communicate via his own, as well as the Elsie Fest, twitter and Facebook accounts.   

Today Tix is having great deals, including $29 tickets.
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_oczhqtEga81ubd9qxo1_1280
#Repost darrencriss
The weather is looking better for tomorrow and we’ve got even more $29 Elsie tickets up for grabs on @todaytix Only one more day until #ElsieFest (TodayTix link in bio) http://ift.tt/2bLNyh3

(via Darren Criss Army)

Today Tix link:
http://www.todaytix.com/us/nyc/shows/elsie-fest/

Also Elsie Fest link for tickets:  http://www.ticketmaster.com/elsie-fest-brooklyn-new-york-09-05-2016/event/1D0050FAAF61248D?c=LNSM_NewYork_Coney_Elsie_072616

Elsie Fest Schedule for Monday:
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_oczu3xL7LC1ubd9qxo1_1280
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_oczu3xL7LC1ubd9qxo2_1280

(via Darren Criss Army)

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total

53ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

With Caleb McLaughlin of Stranger Things.  :happy face
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od02vhR5FH1uetdyxo1_500
Caleb McLaughlin‏ Hope to see you at the @ElsieFest tomorrow! @DarrenCriss #ElsieFest #strangerthings
September 04 2016

Some of the lucky folks with VIP dress rehearsal privileges.

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od039mXJmU1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
IG Story Source
September 04 2016   (Source)

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od059eKaug1rr00q0o1_500
belleybuttons:
Darren rehearsing for Elsie Fest 2016 (x)
(via i-and-my-annabel-lee)

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od00z1Q8cI1uetdyxo1_500
jennasaispas_ The best afternoon spent with my absolute favorite person  Can’t wait for tomorrow! #Elsie2016

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od05bd7r5p1rr00q0o1_1280

belleybuttons:
Darren rehearsing for Elsie Fest 2016 (x)

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od050djiLr1uetdyxo1_250

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od050djiLr1uetdyxo3_1280
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od050djiLr1uetdyxo2_500
leighanne43 #DarrenCrissVIP #ElsieFestVIP

Thanks for making all of this possible …I go home a happy camper …feeling very lucky
Darren je t'adore ! Eleni and Ricky… (x|x)

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od070fixBu1uetdyxo1_1280

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od070fixBu1uetdyxo2_1280

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od070fixBu1uetdyxo3_250  ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od070fixBu1uetdyxo5_250

More photos of Darren at Elsie Fest Rehearsal on September 4th, 2016 | source
September 04 2016

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

54ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:26 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The good news:

Seems like the storm is moving more eastward away from the east coast.   The concerns for flooding are now lower, which is a huge relief. 

And more good news:

$29 tickets are available from Today Tix!

Link to buy tickets on Today Tix:  http://www.todaytix.com/us/nyc/shows/elsie-fest/

55ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I was out for most of the day.  Am trying to catch up with all the lovely Elsie Fest fun.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

A nice video by Darren.  He's getting with the new technology of Facebook Live!  Way to go, Darren!  thumbs up

Clips of Darren singing with Caleb McLaughlin and Gaten Matarazzo [x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x]
September 05 2016

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1upuJHfD1uetdyxo1_500
therealcalebmclaughlin: Performed at #elsiefest with @gatenm123 @darrencriss my sister @caitlynrosemclaughlin and Gaten’s sister @sabrinaclaire
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1tguQFl51uetdyxo1_500

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1tguQFl51uetdyxo3_1280
x/x/
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1rljYQKQ1uetdyxo6_1280
x/
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1gvauwoa1uetdyxo3_r1_500
Elsie Fest - September 5, 2016
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1xwxzVLj1t0t4elo1_500
perryavenue:
Todrick Hall and Darren. Wow! Just an amazing set.
September 05 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1yd2q9Gz1uetdyxo1_500

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1yd2q9Gz1uetdyxo2_1280

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1yd2q9Gz1uetdyxo3_r1_1280

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1yd2q9Gz1uetdyxo4_r1_1280
Darren and Todrick Hall - September 5, 2016 [x/x/x/x]
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1xhrRi5A1uetdyxo9_1280
Darren and Todrick Hall at Elsie Fest - September 5, 2016 
x
dailydarrennews

Some pics with and messages from fans.
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1kmfJ2PP1uetdyxo4_1280
x

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1kmfJ2PP1uetdyxo5_r1_1280

x When bae waits for you with open arms #elsiefest #ElsieFestVIP #ElsieVIP #WonderfulVIP
dailydarrennews 
September 05 2016

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1k1gmyPI1uetdyxo9_r1_1280
x 
elsiefest Perfect day up on the VIP Rooftop!  #ElsieFest

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:24 am; edited 5 times in total

56ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:03 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I don't like to post videos of Darren's song performances at formal concerts like the ones he did for the concert halls (the Broadway Today concerts), due to copyright issues.   But Else Fest being an informal music festival that is organized by Darren himself, I feel comfortable posting these great videos of of Darren's song performances at Elsie Fest 2016.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

I thought he sounded really good on Hopelessly Devoted to You.  Ahh, it made me feel nostalgic about the time I watched him sing it as Blaine. 

jenndesq:
Hopelessly Devoted (Grease) - Darren Criss - Elsie Fest 2016
September 06 2016   (Source)

And the song that shone a spotlight on Darren to the world, in a show that provided him with his first big break.   No matter how many times I hear him sing Teenage Dream, I still feel emotional listening to Darren's version.   :cry 

jenndesq
Teenage Dream - Darren Criss - Elsie Fest 2016
Source

jenndesq 

New York State of Mind - Darren Criss - Elsie Fest 2016
September 07 2016   (Source)

jenndesq:
Cabaret (Cabaret) - Darren Criss - Elsie Fest 2016

More great memories, this time from Hedwig. 

jenndesq:
Tear Me Down (Hedwig) - Darren Criss - Elsie Fest 2016

jenndesq  
Ride It Like You Stole It (Written by Pasek & Paul for Sing Street) - Darren Criss - Elsie Fest 2016

jenndesq
Across The Universe - Darren Criss and Evan Rachel Wood - Elsie Fest 2016

jenndesq
Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) - Darren Criss - Elsie Fest 2016

Source: dailydarrennews

jenndesq:
Journey to the Past (Anastasia) - Darren Criss and Liz Calloway - Elsie Fest 2016

jenndesq
Fugue For Tinhorns (Guys & Dolls) - Darren Criss, Gaten Matarazzo, & Caleb McLaughlin - Elsie Fest 2016

jenndesq
I Just Can’t Wait To Be King - Darren Criss & Caleb McLaughlin (and little sister!) - Elsie Fest 2016

From Young Entertainment (@YoungEntmag)'s Periscope, video of 26 minutes of Darren's set.  Click on:  Link
Via @DarrenArmy

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

57ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:29 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

A very nice pic:
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od29xwVw5t1snjbqgo1_1280
flowerfan2:
Elsie Fest was awesome.
dailydarrennews

Another cool pic, this time with Evan Rachel Wood.
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2etb9yoG1uetdyxo1_1280
jengator: Beautiful duet
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2e41R7tj1uetdyxo1_1280
broadwaycom: When I go, I’m going like Elsie#ElsieFest 2016 is in the books!  Photo by @emiliomk for Broadway.com.
dailydarrennews

Dramatic pic.  Why are there people standing around him?  Is this when the festival was over, and he dropped to his knees in happiness that it went well? 
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2dybQy7w1uetdyxo1_1280
abrunetti1: He is beauty, he is grace, he is Darren Criss. Congrats on kicking all sorts of ass on #ElsieFest. You, my friend, are a rockstar in every sense of the term. #ElsieFest @darrencriss
dailydarrennews

Note:  Adam Brunetti is the Sound Designer for Team StarKid.

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2altbTfQ1uetdyxo1_500
@Jordan_Roth: And after you kill it at Elsie Fest… @DarrenCriss
dailydarrennews

Was this what followed?
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od29uwoIdb1uetdyxo2_1280
September 5, 2016  x

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2bznk6E31uetdyxo1_500
abrunetti1: Forever looking horrible in selfies, but so ends #ElsieFest 2016. Until next year, love ya my friend.

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2diojCa61uetdyxo1_1280
briannabahlmann: Such a pleasure seeing this man perform again at @elsiefest It takes a certain kind of person to perform Nirvana, Katy Perry, Grease and Anastasia all in one set. #elsiefestvip #darrentakesthecake
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od296f2pql1uetdyxo1_1280
Elsie Fest‏ That’s a wrap on #ElsieFest 2016. And it Smells Like Teen Spirit!! ft. @RockerRick on the drums!
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od27t1AlHX1uetdyxo3_1280
September 5, 2016  x
dailydarrennews

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2a4oxvyc1uetdyxo1_1280
elsiefest: The original voice of Anastasia, Liz Callaway just came out to sing a tune with @DarrenCriss! #ElsieFest

Pics with Liz Callaway (voice of Anastasia):
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2f3aVGuM1uetdyxo1_500

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2f3aVGuM1uetdyxo2_r1_500
lizgoeson: After a quick rehearsal in the dressing room with @darrencriss #elsiefest

lizgoeson: And then this happened. What a joy to sing Journey to the Past with @darrencriss at @elsiefest #anastasia

Nice message from Laura Osnes. 
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2bl39BhN1uetdyxo1_500
lauraosnes: Backstage. Me watching @darrencriss watching @pasekandpaul slay at @elsiefest. Love being a part of this insanely talented, loving theater community w/ such devoted fans! Thanks for coming out today!!

Aw, this is a lovely message. 
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2aouVYs01uetdyxo1_500
@etaibenson: Cheering on college roomie and one of my best buds @DarrenCriss at his incredible @ElsieFest! #broadway #nerdgasm

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od29w9x21c1uetdyxo1_500
jordan_roth:Darren Criss and Ricky Rollins had a dream called Elsie Fest… and it is AMAZING! Watch Darren’s extraordinary set on my Periscope. And join us next year for Elsie Fest 2017!

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total

58ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:33 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Max Adler attended Elsie Fest 2016!  What a great ffriend! 

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od203w1GE01qbool4o1_400  ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od203w1GE01qbool4o2_400
mypatronusisklaine:
Max Adler at Elsie Fest (x,x)

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od262dcj2f1uetdyxo1_500
September 05 2016

Laura Osnes and Darren.  :happy face
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od1whft4Fo1uetdyxo1_500

dailydarrennews:
@LauraOsnes: Running the show & prepping to rock his own 8pm set, @Elsiefest creator & all around stellar human, @DarrenCriss!
September 05 2016

This is a cute pic with a fan (and a nice message too).
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2d92qn0S1uetdyxo1_500

shelbylynnmarie: I’m not even looking at the camera, but whatever. This is the cutest. @darrencriss seriously love you and your craziness.
September 05 2016

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2cqmHmfa1uetdyxo1_500

ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2cqmHmfa1uetdyxo2_500

you mean more to me than words can describe & i did not think this would happen but i am so happy. @DarrenCriss
September 5, 2016 | Source

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:33 am; edited 2 times in total

59ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:53 am

Poppy wrote:Dramatic pic.  Why are there people standing around him?  Is this when the festival was over, and he dropped to his knees in happiness that it went well? 
ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Tumblr_od2altbTfQ1uetdyxo1_500
@Jordan_Roth: And after you kill it at Elsie Fest… @DarrenCriss
dailydarrennews

Cool pics! Possibly literally - I thought maybe there was air coming out of that thing in front of him, so this was a mix of being relieved and trying to cool down?

Darren had such a fun diverse set list. I also watched a few videos from other sets, that really seemed like an awesome day.

And nice to see that some of his friends like Max, Laura, Etai and Charlene were there. :happy face

60ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:Cool pics! Possibly literally - I thought maybe there was air coming out of that thing in front of him, so this was a mix of being relieved and trying to cool down?

That makes sense.  Thanks Lin.  :happy face

Lin wrote:Darren had such a fun diverse set list. I also watched a few videos from other sets, that really seemed like an awesome day.

And nice to see that some of his friends like Max, Laura, Etai and Charlene were there. ElsieFestVIP - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 3 3308115737

I really enjoyed listening and watching Darren perform the songs in his set.  Always nice to listen to Darren performing an old favorite Teenage, Dream which packs a lot of sentimental value for Darren and his fans.  And of course, he needed to do Cabaret for the second Elsie Fest, which was just as lovely to hear as the first time we heard him perform it last year.   It was really nice to hear him sing Tear Me Down and Hopelessly Devoted to You, and I enjoyed the other songs.   I'm sure punk/rock fans enjoyed Smells Like Teen Spirit, and it sure looked like he was having a hell of a time performing that song.  I enjoyed the duets he had with Todrick, Liz, and Evan, and with the kids Caleb and Gaten and their siblings. 

I didn't see pics of Charlene being there, but so nice to hear she was.  And so great to see Max and Laura and Etai supporting Darren.  I wonder what years Etai was Darren's room-mate?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum