Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elsie Fest 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81imokay - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 5 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I don't care either, Tash!  I love to hear your thoughts about Elsie Fest.  It doesn't matter when at all! 

Tash wrote:My favorite moment was probably hearing Hopelessly devoted to you. It was a complete suprise to hear him start singing it and I never realized how much I had wanted to hear it live until then. I dare say it was even better than the recording.

I agree.  This was my favorite moment too.  It was so unexpected, like you said!  And I just fell in love with this live version.  He sounds so good, doesn't he?  Just felt very nostalgic (about about Glee and Blaine).

Tash wrote:Tear Me Down - Darren + guitar = love so this was probably my second favorite and I always love to hear him performing Hedwig songs. They just suit him so well.

I hold so much fondness for Darren playing the character of Hedwig and singing the songs.   I agree that they suit him very, very well.  I was just thinking about that, that those songs just seem to be perfect for his voice.

What a treat and a surprise to see Journey to the Past performed with Liz Callaway.  Sneak attack by Darren!

Tash wrote:Smells Like Teen Spirit - I don't think he's ever performed this one before? I got a good chuckle of him closing a broadway festival with this

Yes, I don't think he's played that before (Lin?  Lillikoiluv, is that right?).  Haha!  I guess I didn't think about that, but good point.  Cute for him to close a Broadway festival with a Nirvana song.  :amused

Tash wrote:
What I love about ElsieFest so far is he's switching up his setlist from the usual, so we get to hear him perform songs we've never heard him do before.

It seems like he made a special effort to sing news songs for his fans.  Very much appreciated, Darren!   (Although I also enjoy hearing Teenage Dream and of course, he had to sing Cabaret again for his second Elsie Fest!)

82imokay - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 5 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Yeah, I remember in one of his interviews he specifically stated that he wants to switch up the performers at Elsie Fest every year to make it fresh so not surprising that he would want to switch up his setlist. I think Teenage Dream will always be a staple though, with good reason.

Speaking of Glee, I wonder if he'll ever get someone from there to come to Elsie Fest. That'd be cool.

83imokay - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 5 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Tash!  Yes, I've been hoping he'll get a few Glee peeps once in a while.  It would be a nice surprise.  I would love Jenna to appear, since she's appearing in Waitress.

84imokay - Elsie Fest 2016 - Page 5 Empty Re: Elsie Fest 2016 Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

While I reading the Mike Potter article on Forbes. com, I came across this article on Forbes: 

Forbes: wrote:
Music Festivals Exploding Globally: Huge, Tiny, Extravagant and a Conference

Not surprisingly, the burgeoning festival market has spawned its own conference. XLIVE in Las Vegas will cover everything from data analytics to optimal beer selections to geofencing.

Link to the XLive Conference.

Link It's interesting.  The XLive Conference will occur in Las Vegas Dec. 5-7, 2016, about how to hold festivals.  Maybe Darren and Ricky should go.  :happy face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum