Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Empty Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Darren's Charitable Work for 2015.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Charitable Work"), please let me know.  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Icon_smile

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Charitable Projects for 2015:

January 17, 2015.  Junior Theatre Festival (Atlanta, GA).  (Performed songs from James and the Giant Peach, by Pasek & Paul.)

May 11, 2015.  Family Equality Council's Night at the Pier (performed).

May 19, 2015.  "Broadway Junior" mentorship program for middle-schoolers.  NYC.  (Hosted.)

May 21, 2015.  Red Nose Day (Participated in photo shoot.)

June 29, 2015.  Voices for the Voiceless:  Stars for Foster Kids, NYC (Performed through an auction of his performance.)

September 27, 2015.  Charity Buzz  auction of winner and one other guest meeting Darren and being his VIP guest at Elsie Fest on September 27, 2015 in NYC, with proceeds going to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. 

October 6, 2015.  Charity Buzz auction, of winner and two guests having lunch with Darren, with proceeds going to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. 

October 26, 2105.  Dramatists Guild Fund:  Lucky Stars Gala (performed and hosted). 

October 27, 2015.  The Center for Reproductive Rights 2015 Gala, NYC (attended).

November 3, 2015.  WE Day-Minnesota.  (Performed.)

November 5, 2015.  Screen Actors Guild Foundation's 30th Anniversary Celebration.  (Performed.)

November 9, 2015.  Arts in the Armed Forces (AITAF) production of Lobby Hero, NYC.  (Attended.)

December 1, 2015.  Musicians on Call "Rock the Room Tour."  (Attended.)

December 6, 2015.  Trevor Live, L.A..  (Attended.) 

December 10, 2015.  Climate Change Deniers' Anthem (video).

December 15, 2015.  Rebel alliance (video).

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Junior Theatre Festival (Atlanta, GA).  Performed songs from James and the Giant Peach, by Pasek & Paul.  January 17, 2015.

Excerpt from an article in Playbill about Darren's enthusiasm for participating in the Junior Theatre Festival.  It's nice to see how passionate he is about theater and about mentoring young people interested in the theater.

playbill wrote:
Teenage Dream! Darren Criss Surprises Thousands of Young Students at the Junior Theatre Festival

“Glee” star Darren Criss, seen on Broadway in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, surprised over 4,000 students at the Junior Theatre Festival in Atlanta, GA, Jan. 17.

“First of all, the only person that’s more excited than them is probably me because this is something that I wish I had made it to when I was a kid,” Criss told Playbill.com hours before the big surprise. “It’s a theatre convention, where these kids are already outgoing, already excited, already motivated and enthusiastic, so you put them all together in a big room, and it’s just a big ball of joy. That is just an infectious thing to be a part of. Why wouldn’t you want to be a part of that? … The things that makes theatre is: real-time, being there in person [and] experiencing everything together. It’s still cool that despite the connectivity that they have [through social media], this is still really important because theatre is about sharing everything in the moment with these people.”

Criss was invited on stage at the New Works Presentation, where his friends from the University of Michigan (Tony Award-nominated A Christmas Story songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul) were presenting tunes from their musical James and the Giant Peach.

Criss was asked to perform “On Your Way Home” and “Middle of a Moment,” two songs that the title character sings from the musical.

“On a personal note,” Criss explained, “Benj and Justin are old pals of mine from Michigan. We’re all part of the ‘Michigan Mafia.’ I wanted to come last year. I couldn’t make it… This is for me, man. It’s completely selfish! I’m here to have fun [and] meet these kids. I’m mad that I didn’t make it earlier. I wanted to see a lot of their performances, but I hear they’re amazing.”

Throughout the festival, middle school and high school-aged children perform selections from a show they’ve worked on (or are in rehearsal for) in the last year. They are given notes by industry professionals in an environment where they are able to engage with students and theatre enthusiasts from around the country. 
Criss added, “Young people doing stuff like this is so inspiring for us because you go, 'This is why I do what I do. This is exactly what I do.’ There’s a lack of inhibitions here… To miss out on that would be really silly, so I’m beyond excited to be here.”

Look for more from Criss and the stars who attended the festival (Pasek and Paul, Megan Hilty, Lilla Crawford and more) on Playbill.com

-playbill.com
DCN

You get a sense from reading this excerpt of why Darren loves theater, because of the sense of community, because of sharing the experience of  living in the moment together, of how this passion for theater is so infectious when you bring this community of people together.

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nicpx4Tzv81r4gxc3o1_500
PasekAndPaul: Surprised 4500 kids at the Junior Theater Festival with @darrencriss!

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_njo2xoFeiY1r4gxc3o1_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_njo2xoFeiY1r4gxc3o2_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_njo2xoFeiY1r4gxc3o3_500
Darren Criss with Benj Pasek & Justin Paul at the Junior Theater Festival
UHQ | Source

Cute pics with some of the kids at the JTF 2105.
Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nidy1qgwW91r4gxc3o1_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nidy1qgwW91r4gxc3o2_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nidy1qgwW91r4gxc3o3_r1_250
x / x / x

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

4Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Empty Darren's Charitable Projects: May 2015. Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:49 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Family Equality Council's Night at the Pier (performed).   May 11, 2015. 

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_no7q937Pb81qg49w0o2_540

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_no7q937Pb81qg49w0o1_540

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_no7q937Pb81qg49w0o3_540
daxterdd
[UHQ]  Darren Criss performs onstage during the Family Equality Council’s 2015 Night At The Pier at Pier 60 on May 11, 2015
via darrencriss-news

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_no8jbb3t4m1qayexuo1_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_no8jbb3t4m1qayexuo2_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_no8jbb3t4m1qayexuo3_500

endlesslyklaine:  
[UHQ] Darren Criss at the 10th Annual Family Equality Council Night at The Pier held at Pier 60.
DCN

"Broadway Junior" mentorship program for middle-schoolers.  NYC.  (Hosted.)  May 19, 2015.

Darren hosted "Broadway Junior" in NYC.  "Broadway Junior" is a "groundbreaking musical theatre mentorship program that builds self-sustaining theatre programs in public schools that have limited arts programming."   Through "Broadway Junior,"  "students from Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Manhattan will perform song and dance numbers from their school versions of Broadway musicals."    The program is sponsored by The Shubert Foundation, Music Theatre International (MTI) and the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE).   BroadwayWorld

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nom01yNkaB1r4gxc3o1_500
Hedwig and the Angry Inch star and Glee favorite Darren Criss made dreams come true for 375 middle schoolers on May 18, when he hosted a celebration for the new Broadway Junior mentorship program at Broadway’s Imperial Theatre. After posing for a snapshot with Shubert Organization executives Michael I. Sovern and Robert E. Wankel, MTI Chairman Freddie Gershon and his wife Myrna, Criss rocked out with the talented kids as they sang songs from Beauty and the Beast Jr., Annie Jr. and more. Check out this Hot Shot of Criss, then see him all glammed out in Hedwig at the Belasco Theatre.
Broadway.com
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nomwkddQHn1r4gxc3o1_500
[UHQ] Darren Criss at the 10th Annual Broadway Junior Finale
via DCN
edits of photos at DCN

Darren Criss Welcomes Hundreds of Kids to a Broadway Stage at Shubert Foundation’s Broadway Junior! |
BroadwayWorld.com
DCN

Red Nose Day,  May 21, 2015.

Darren participated in the photo shoot for Red Nose Day.  Red Nose Day occurred for the first time in the U.S. on May 21, 2015. and it is modeled on the U.K version, which has raised funds to battle childhood poverty.

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_noqaq2QKg21r4gxc3o1_500

carlyfoulkes: Once a clown. Always a clown. @darrencriss #RedNoseDay
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_noqd1h4b9z1r4gxc3o1_500
Source
DCN

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 am; edited 7 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Voices for the Voiceless:  Stars for Foster Kids, NYC. (Performed through an auction.)  June 29, 2015. 

Seth Rudetsky and James Wesley (husband of Seth) presented a benefit concert called "Voices for the Voiceless:  Stars for Foster Kids" in NYC.  The funds raised went to "You Gotta Believe," a charity whose goal is to find permanent homes for older kids and teens in the foster care system, who are at risk of being homeless once they age out of the foster system.   

Seth decided to auction a serenade by Darren.   Two different parties bid $15,000 each for a total of $30,000.  Darren sang "Teenage Dream" and "Close to You" to a woman and a shy seven-year old girl, in a truly cute performance. 

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nqqiorI4qA1qg49w0o2_1280

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nqqiorI4qA1qg49w0o4_1280
daxterdd:
[UHQ] Actor Darren Criss performs on stage during Voices For The Voiceless: Stars For Foster Kids at St James Theater on June 29, 2015 in New York City.
via DCN

Darren did not know that the woman and little girl were not related, and he later expressed regret that he didn't spend more time with the woman, who kindly tried to make the little girl feel more at ease.   Well, here is a tweet from the step-son of that woman.

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nqqqtjmeDi1r4gxc3o1_1280
MatthewWillner: @DarrenCriss serenading my stepmom and a 7 year old. Everything about this is perfect. #Stars4FosterKids
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nqr8zcs7K31qayexuo5_1280
endlesslyklaine:
[UHQ at Darren-Criss.fr]   Darren Cruss attends ‘Voices For The Voiceless: Stars For Foster Kids’ Event at St James Theater on June 29, 2015 in New York City.
via DCN

Some media coverage:

Variety wrote:
Darren Criss melted hearts in the audience at Broadway’s St. James Theater when he auctioned off a serenade as part of Monday night’s Voices for the Voiceless fundraiser benefitting a Gotham-based org that facilitates adoptions for older children in foster care.

The chance to be on stage while the “Glee” hearthrob, now on Broadway in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” crooned the Carpenters’ classic “Close to You” fetched $30,000 during the live auction from two women in the audience. One of the bidders sent her 7-year-old daughter Ella on to the stage to collect, to Criss’ obvious delight.

“Thank you,” he told Ella after finishing the tune. “That was for me.”

— Tina Fey, Darren Criss, Megan Hilty Shine at Broadway Benefit For Foster Care Org (Variety)
via DCN

people.com wrote:
"Glee star Darren Criss even auctioned off a serenade for $30,000. He sent hearts a flutter when he sang “Close to You” to a woman and a 7-year-old girl."
— Star-Studded Fundraiser for Older Foster Kids (People.com)
via DCN

Broadway Style Guide wrote:
Turns out, Darren Criss can be bought at a price. The cost: $30,000.

The star was one of the “items” auctioned off at the St. James Theatre on Monday, June 29 at the Voices for the Voiceless concert, and after an intense bidding war, two lucky (and loaded) audience members paid $15,000 each for the chance to be serenaded by the star. The proceeds went to You Gotta Believe, a nonprofit dedicated to finding permanent homes for foster children over the age of 10.

The winners? A 7-year-old girl and a middle-aged woman — a veritable cross-section of Criss’s largely female fanbase. He sang “Close to You,” and as a bonus, he played the piano and performed the song that catapulted him to household name status on Glee, “Teenage Dream.”

“This is a little inappropriate!” Criss said from the stage, editorializing the lyrics for his young subject. “Maybe in 20 years!”

The next day at Drift Studios, he’s still thinking about the performance. When I casually suggest that I should pay up for our sit-down interview, he almost violently dismisses the idea. “No, you shouldn’t!” he says, seemingly embarrassed by the thought.

He’s feeling “genuinely bummed out” because he doesn’t think he split the time evenly between the two winners. “I thought the other woman was the girl’s mother or something!” he confesses. “So if she’s reading this, I’m really, really sorry. I wish I had given you more attention and hung out afterward.”

That’s just the kind of star Criss is — humble, honest, and genuinely interested in the people who support him. He’s approachable and surprisingly soft-spoken in person, though he does talk passionately about his work. He takes a lot of care with his fans, many of whom have flown from all over the world to see him headline Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Belasco Theatre. His 12-week run ends July 19.

-Broadway Style Guide

Some short videos at the benefit concert.   Between the adorably shy little girl, the kind woman, and Darren being his charming, adorkable self, the videos are bound to make you smile. 

birdsturnhimon:
Heres the video I got of Darren singing “They Long to be Close to You” and then the usher caught me… whoops.
DCN

This is my favorite part, where Darren is being sweet to the little girl, realizing she is too shy to dance, so he decides to do enough dancing for the both of them.  :happy face

darrenkey:
liftupyrhands
: this little girl refusing to dance with him
via DCN

This short video shows how adorable this little girl is. 

PerezHilton:  When Darren Criss serenaded this young girl at the #VoicesForTheVoiceless event, I cried!!! AND he sang her one of my favorite songs from The Carpenters! Truly an outstanding evening to benefit You Gotta Believe! Tremendous kudos Seth Rudetsky!!!

via DCN

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Voices for the Voiceless:  Stars for Foster Kids, NYC. June 29, 2015.

One more video about "Voices for the Voiceless:  Stars for Foster Kids."  In this video, Seth Rudetsky and his husband James Wesley talked about behind-the-scenes for "Voices for the Voiceless:  Stars for the Voiceless."

Seth talked about how Darren's part (serenading the little girl and the woman) was a highlight of the night. 

James Wesley, who seems to be such a kind soul, talked about how the kids were going to be on a Broadway stage for that night.  He talked about how many of the kids who he worked with on that night had faced so much in their lives, but for that night, they would know their voices were heard.   For that night, they would have a memory that they could hold onto. 

At around Point 2:15, James talked about one of the moments that especially touched him.    He talked about a young woman who had experienced a lot of trauma in her life.  She happened to be a big fan of Darren.  James introduced her to Darren.  He exclaimed that Darren gave her the biggest hug, and that Darren talked to her for 5 minutes, "as if he had all the time in the world."   He said she was nervous, but that Darren was very reassuring.  James said he fell in love with her, and he fell in love with Darren. 

That is such a touching story.  As James said, it is such a lasting gift to give people who have hardship in their lives such a memory.  I know I have read about fans who have had obstacles and challenges in their lives, and meeting Darren was something that inspired them, was something that they could hold onto, as James said, until things became better in their lives. 

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Dramatists Guild Fund:  Lucky Stars Gala (performed and hosted).  October 26, 2105.

Go here:  Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2015

-

8Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Empty Darren's Charitable Projects for 2015 Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:59 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

The Center for Reproductive Rights 2015 Gala, NYC (attended).   October 27, 2015.

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nwwjwbwR4v1qbqtkso1_500
tirpse:
Darren at the Center for Reproductive Rights Gala on October 27, 2015.
(via DCN)

WE Day-Minnesota.  (Performed.)   November 3, 2015.

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx93jvRryI1r4gxc3o1_1280
DarrenCriss:   About to hit the stage #weday Stream at http://we.org/watch
(via DCN)

Darren performed "Teenage Dream" at WE Day-Minnesota. 

This is a cool video, good shot of the crowd.

craigkielburger: Wow!!! @DarrenCriss is killing it on the @weday stage  #weday

DCN

Cool pics
Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx95cewvpH1r4gxc3o3_1280

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx95cewvpH1r4gxc3o2_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx95cewvpH1r4gxc3o1_500
We Day Minnesota | Source
(via DCN)

Such a colorful pic
Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx95qhGTok1r4gxc3o1_1280
DarrenCriss: #weday
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx95swNuLz1r4gxc3o1_1280
BoysChoirKenya: Awesome reuniting w/ @DarrenCriss two years later..  #WEDay #Minnesota #backstagechat #TourLife
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx97i31adc1r4gxc3o1_500
kuiyuken: Can’t feel my face with @darrencriss such a beautiful soul.This one’s for my brother Alvin he’s your biggest fan #WEDay #glee #gleedreamsdocometrue #gleefan #backstage
DCN

CBS Minnesota wrote:
WE Day Draws Big Names With Inspiring Stories For Young Minnesotans
The event had some familiar speakers, like WCCO’s own Frank Vascellaro and Amelia Santaniello, along with Ciara, Chelsea Clinton and Glee actor Darren Criss, who told us he volunteered as a teen in San Francisco.

“Just simple things like working in a soup kitchen,” he said, “being able to expose yourself to other kinds of lives and other people’s stories.”

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx9l1xL4cp1r4gxc3o1_1280
tradebymark: @darrencriss melting hearts at @weday :heart eyes   #weday #wedaymn
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx9oxh989c1r4gxc3o1_1280
”All our teenage dreams came true when the talented Darren Criss took the stage for his ridiculously good cover of Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream. No complaints over here!” (x)
UHQ Version
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nx9vb5rlod1r4gxc3o1_1280
kailahbharath: This is one of my favourite photos I took today at #WEDay in Minnesota. Being on tour is a lot of work and a lot time away from loved ones, but there are always sweet, rewarding moments in between. Chatting with @darrencriss was a real treat. Also, I’m endlessly inspired by the young people that are the rhyme & reason behind what we do. Age should never define you. Your feelings, your dreams, and your ideas are valid now. Thanks, MN.
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxfjm3sfuY1r4gxc3o1_1280
yonathanmoya: Here’s another one from #WeDayMN when the talented @darrencriss took the stage and made all of our teenage dreams came true with his ridiculously good cover of Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream!
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxvec0cBC71r4gxc3o1_1280
[HQ] “Darren Criss was a big hit with the WE Day crowd.” | November 3, 2015
DCN

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Screen Actors Guild Foundation's 30th Anniversary Celebration.  (Performed.)   November 5, 2015.

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxehzmazPq1sepello1_r3_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxehzmazPq1sepello2_r3_500
girl-starlight:
Darren Criss Attends The Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration, November 5, 2015.
(via DCN)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxdmvwkBvs1r4gxc3o2_1280

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxdmvwkBvs1r4gxc3o1_1280
[UHQ] Actor/singer Darren Criss attends the Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on November 5, 2015 in Beverly Hills, California.
(via DCN)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxdnfw5LwH1r4gxc3o3_1280

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxdnfw5LwH1r4gxc3o1_1280
[UHQ] Actor Sir Patrick Stewart, actor/singer Darren Criss and musician Dave Koz attend the Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on November 5, 2015 in Beverly Hills, California.
(via DCN)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxdnnpmrRa1r4gxc3o1_500

[UHQ] Actor James Corden (L) and actor/singer Darren Criss attend the Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on November 5, 2015 in Beverly Hills, California.
(via DCN)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxepi6cMkY1r4gxc3o1_500

davidstephenkoz: Who knew Capt Picard played the sax?Ok, well…he can hold a sax! @SirPatStew @DarrenCriss and me at #sagf30 awards last night backstage. I’d like to take this band on the road! Haha
via DCN

Clip of Darren Criss singing “There’s No Business Like Show Business” at the SAG Foundation’s 30th Anniversary Celebration | Source

DCN

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

10Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Empty Darren's Charitable Projects for 2015 Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:28 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

November 9, 2015.  Arts in the Armed Forces (AITAF) production of Lobby Hero, NYC.  (Attended.)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxlz2tnd3P1qbqtkso1_540

sharmarsw
Thanks #artsinthearmedforces for another amazing night of theater and support for veterans like myself. #blessed #samuelfrenchfreeplays #aitaf #studio54 #adamdriver #darrencriss #veteransday #thelobbyhero #army
(via tirpse)
(via DCN and itswheremydemonshide)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxmbxgU42x1r4gxc3o1_1280
craigwash:   Pleasure meeting @darrencriss #lastnight at the #AITAF production of #LobbyHero. What a really cool guy! #actor #glee #gleek #blaine #klane #ahs #ahshotel #celebrity #studio54 #nyc #ilovenyc #livingmybestlife
(via  DCN and itswheremydemonshide)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxl6ayrVoQ1r4gxc3o1_1280
mecaleb   Not creepy @broadwayjames . :big grin @darrencriss thanks for coming out to support @artsinthearmedforces
(via DCN and itswheremydemonshide)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nxl4b6qtXt1r4gxc3o1_540
lclc3:  So many famous faces out for a great cause. #AITAF #Art #theater
(via DCN and itswheremydemonshide)

Musicians on Call "Rock the Room Tour."  (Attended.)   December 1, 2015.
Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyq26yYU1Q1r4gxc3o4_r1_500
[UHQ] Actor Darren Criss attends Musicians On Call Rock The Room Tour at Greystone Manor on December 1, 2015 in West Hollywood, California.
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyqlgqhjOb1r4gxc3o3_r1_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyqlgqhjOb1r4gxc3o2_r1_500
-
Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyqlgqhjOb1r4gxc3o1_r1_500

[UHQ] Darren Criss, Dan Bucatinsky and Mia Swier at the GQ X BROOKS BROTHERS : TOAST MEN OF STYLE held on December 1, 2015 - Beverly Hills, California.
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyr909nFah1sczt3wo1_r1_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyr909nFah1sczt3wo3_r2_500

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyr909nFah1sczt3wo4_r1_500
na-page:
Darren Criss at the GQ X BROOKS BROTHERS : TOAST MEN OF STYLE held on December 1, 2015 - Beverly Hills, California.
DCN

Trevor Live, L.A.  (Attended.)  December 6, 2015.

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyz9ddPr8L1r4gxc3o5_1280

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyz9ddPr8L1r4gxc3o7_1280
[UHQ] Actor Darren Criss attends TrevorLIVE LA 2015 at Hollywood Palladium on December 6, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyywyiCQLP1r4gxc3o1_500
trevorproject: “Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.” @darrencriss at #TrevorLIVE TrevorLIVE.org #SaveYoungLives
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyyxdtH2E31r4gxc3o1_r1_1280
[UHQ] Actor Darren Criss attends TrevorLIVE LA 2015 at Hollywood Palladium on December 6, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.
DCN

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nyzzy1nJIR1qbu84eo1_500
ehhmuhhhhh:
My #mcm goes to @darrencriss whom I met last night at #TrevorLive  :heart eyes thanks for making my week already. Missed your face!  heart (at Hollywood Paladium)
DCN

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Climate Change Deniers' Anthem (Video) December 10, 2015.

Darren participated in a video spoofing the Koch brothers and a portion of the Republican Party, who deny climate change.  In this parody video,  the plot involves the Koch brothers paying celebrities to sing a denial of climate change, to the tune of "We Are the World."

The Washington Post wrote:
WATCH: Stars spoof Koch Brothers in new climate change music video

A slew of Hollywood stars — including January Jones, Estelle, Atlas Genius and Darren Criss — have joined forces with the Funny or Die production team and a liberal climate advocacy group to produce a new music video mocking the Koch Brothers and prominent Republican politicians.

In a spoof on the 1985 collaboration “We Are The World,” the celebrities have recorded the song “The Earth’s Not Getting Warmer” as part of ClimateTruth.org‘s ongoing effort to counter the conservative movement in the United States and promote aggressive cuts in carbon emissions. ClimateTruth.org, previously known as Forecast the Facts, was originally formed to target meteorologists who questioned the link between human activities and global warming.
(via DCN)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz7un8dPcg1r4gxc3o1_500
Link

PEOPLE.COM:  WATCH: January Jones, Darren Criss and Beau Bridges Spoof Climate Change Deniers in Funny or Die Music Video

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz5oigPlEr1r4gxc3o1_500

Link to Funny or Die Video
(Via DCN)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz4wdzAnd51r4gxc3o1_500
Still from the FunnyOrDie “Climate Change Deniers’ Anthem” parody
via DCN

“Climate Change Deniers’ Anthem” [Darren-Only Edit]
darrencriss-news

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz55fcszHJ1qzmvoio1_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz55fcszHJ1qzmvoio2_250

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz55fcszHJ1qzmvoio4_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz55fcszHJ1qzmvoio3_250 

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz55fcszHJ1qzmvoio5_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nz55fcszHJ1qzmvoio6_250
darrenishedwig:
Darren Criss in Funny or Die’s “Climate Change Deniers’ Anthem”
(via DCN)

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

The Rebel Alliance (video).   December 15, 2015.

Darren participated in a video representing "the Rebel Alliance," inviting individuals to take "the Jedi pledge" to oppose big money (the "Dark Side" or "the Empire") in American politics.

MediaITE wrote:

"A group known as the U.S. Rebel Alliance, [is] an activist effort aimed at removing big money out of politics. With vocal celebrity supporters like Mark Ruffalo and Darren Criss, the U.S. Rebel Alliance taps into the energy of Star Wars to harbinger their message, like the underdog American people against the Galactic Empire of big money.

-MediaITE

markruffalo:
The Galaxy is in danger! The Empire is real and threatening the Galaxy with Darth Money. Luckily, the US Rebel Alliance is real too - but we need your help. Join us in the Jedi Pledge: http://jedipledge.org
(via DCN)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzf6wlhU681r4gxc3o1_500
Youtube Link
(via DCN)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzfg4x0JT91r416wyo1_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzfg4x0JT91r416wyo2_250

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzfg4x0JT91r416wyo5_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzfg4x0JT91r416wyo4_250

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzfg4x0JT91r416wyo6_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzfg4x0JT91r416wyo3_250

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzfg4x0JT91r416wyo7_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzfg4x0JT91r416wyo8_250
pouahhh:
Star Wars is Real: Mark Ruffalo, Darren Criss, Brizzy Voices & more take the Jedi Pledge!
(via itswheremydemonshide10)

Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzf673DK031qzh21go1_250  Blessed - Darren's Chartitable Work for 2015 Tumblr_nzf673DK031qzh21go2_250
janel-moloney
Star Wars is Real: Mark Ruffalo, Darren Criss, Brizzy Voices & more take the Jedi Pledge!
(via itswheremydemonshide10)

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum