Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Other Glee Cast Members

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:37 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:Haha, I'm sure it all blurrs together for them, and he didn't really have many scenes with them together. And I mean, he also forgot that he got a slushy to the face from Grant, so...  soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 1021284439

ha!  True! :amused 

Thanks for posting the tweet from Amber.  I know, I'm sure she has been absolutely overwhelmed with congratulations from friends/family/colleagues, not to mention overwhelmed with emotion. 

Oh yea!   Thanks for going to the trouble of  finding a video of that Glee scene in Breadsticks, Lin.  It was a cute scene. 

And thanks for remembering to mention that point that Darren raised about writing up a long list of suggestions (for the Sondheim episode) to give to Ryan Murphy, with Darren not yet realizing that Ryan's style was just give him a 2-sentence suggestion.  :amused

I keep watching the video of Darren and Lea's duet of "Lost Boys Life" over and over again (and alternating watching the "Every Single Night"  video).    Am I the only one impressed that Darren has the microphones all set up on his beautiful piano?   I wonder who was doing the camera work?   I like the part where they are singing acappella. 

April 12, 2017

March 8, 2017

62soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:52 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

So, Darren has forgotten this scene from the last season : 

I like the videos, especially Don't you want me. I've never thought I would hear Lea on Lost boys life!

Sorry if it's a dumb question but do we know where these videos have been recorded ? It's a lovely place, anyway.

63soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:27 pm

*Jeremy* wrote:So, Darren has forgotten this scene from the last season : 
I forgot about that too, so I can't blame Darren.  too scary
*Jeremy* wrote:Sorry if it's a dumb question but do we know where these videos have been recorded ? It's a lovely place, anyway.
soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_oobbq8xGTN1v1f207o5_250 :happy face (gif source)

64soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:16 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for that video, Jeremy!   Fun scene!   You have an amazing memory! 

I never thought we would hear Lea singing a duet with Darren on "Lost Boys Life" either, Jeremy.   What a nice surprise!  And I agree, it was so fun to see and hear them duet again on "Don't You Want Me."  I really liked that scene in Glee--so funny!

That room in Darren's house does look very lovely.  It looks stylish, yet very lived in, and comfy.  :happy face

Cute gif, Lin!  Thanks for posting that!

65soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:45 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Thank you for the answer, Lin. I remember that but I wasn't sure I could conclude it was his house.

Btw, these videos remind me of this : 

In season 5, there is also that scene where Blaine reveals that Mike left Tina because she was "not Asian enough" wha?

66soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:29 am

*Jeremy* wrote:Thank you for the answer, Lin. I remember that but I wasn't sure I could conclude it was his house.

Sorry! Razz It's definitely Darren's house, I just feel slightly creepy for easily recognising it.
On the subject of Darren's house and me being creepy/nosy, he has this picture framed on his wall :happy face (you can see it in the preview pic of the Lost Boys Life performance):

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Fa6783d109e41e57fc769e180c1d83e2

I love all Blaine&Rachel performances from Glee.  heart I hope Darren can make it to Lea's show in SF and they still sing that Battlefield duet she originally teased.

67soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting the "Suddenly Seymour" duet, Jeremy.  That was a fun performance.  Jeremy, your memory of Glee scenes is astounding!  Color me very impressed!

Lin, to be honest, I also felt somewhat creepy too, for seeing so much of that room in Darren's house for the "Every Single Night" video (as well as seeing more of the other room where they did the Facebook Live chat, when Lea moved the camera to show parts of that other room).   For the "Every Single Night" video, I hope Darren realized the camera person was going to be wandering a bit away from the piano, and that Darren saw the video before it was posted on Youtube?   I'm guessing he probably did see the video first before it was posted on Youtube?

Yes, I spotted the framed pic of Darren for the Fashion Night Out video (where he sang one of Madonna's songs, I can't remember which Madonna song).   That was such a fun video! 

I like Lea and Darren's chemistry in Rachel and Blaine scenes.   I imagine Darren may be too busy filming Versace to make it to Lea's concert in SF, but you never know.  :happy face

68soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

strangetinydoeeyed:
   Lea Michele talking about Darren Criss with Mario Lopez

via dailydarrennews

69soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:15 am

I wanna drink red wine and jamm with Darren and Lea!! Love those clips! They're my favourites out of the Glee cast. Such a lovely surprise. Aw, they should have filmed themselves hanging out with Chord!  They sound so great together, as always. Still want my Battlefield duet though. I like Lea's new song and DYWMB is one of my fave Glee songs. Aw, at Lea listening to We Play Computers every day. She's one of us! LOL! I hope they do something more official together.

70soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 am

Poppy wrote:Thanks for your post Lin.  

I enjoyed the 31 minute chat they had, and the 3 music videos.  It was nice of Darren to take time to set up the Facebook Live session of Lea's new song, and as a nice bonus, we got the duet of "Lost Boys Life," fun Glee duet, "Don't You Want Me," and their chat.  :happy face

A few pics from their fun chat:

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_oo9woysVdO1qc4q26o3_500

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_oo9woysVdO1qc4q26o4_1280

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_oo9woysVdO1qc4q26o5_1280
alecblushed:
  that fb live was everything i luv them so much and my GLEE NOSTALGIA IS SO INTENSE RN
via gleekto

Guys, Darren believes this is his original Warbler blazer! :love  He looked so happy to put it on!  So cute!! heart heart heart

That was so cute! Warbler Blaine!

I had to laugh at Darren in that chat: "we've been reminiscing about things that happened because they did happen." Lol! I am very surprised he forgot Tina and Mike were dating. They were like the most stable relationship on that show. Until he dumped her for not being Asian enough. :very confused

Speaking of tina, thanks for that video of Jenna singing Poppy. I have such a soft spot for that girl. I agree with you, it's a shame that they didn't have her sing more on Glee. She was criminally underused.

71soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

dusty wrote:Until he dumped her for not being Asian enough. soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 3658720221

Good choice of emoticon, dusty.  That was exactly my face when I heard the reason for their break-up.

And I loved and still love Warbler Blaine.  :love heart 

You're welcome about the video of Jenna.  I'm so glad that she's been so  busy, post-Glee.  I wish her success--she is so talented!

72soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Fri May 12, 2017 11:38 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, Cory.   heart 

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_opvdgi8bf51ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost chordover

Tbt the boys drinking from the Stanley cup!! Let’s get it preds! http://ift.tt/2rafjZ4

via Darren Criss Army

73soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Fri May 26, 2017 2:13 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It's nice to see Darren and Lea supporting Chord in his music.  Looks like they, along with Mia, went to see Chord in concert.  :happy face

leamichele-news:
Lea, Darren Criss, and Mia Swier watching Chord Overstreet perform at El Rey Theatre (May 25, 2017)

via dailydarrennews

74soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Tue May 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren, Mia & Lea at Chord's concert:

From dailydarrennews:

Enlarge this image
soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_oqktwbTi9n1ql1znmo1_500
leamichele-news:

leamichele //

May 26, 2017

75soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:07 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Nice comments from Becca about Darren, just keeps confirming that Darren is truly a nice guy.  :happy face

• Keltie Knight: What did you think of each other on [Glee]?

• Naya Rivera: I liked Becca from the start, she was always hilarious.

• Keltie: Did you haze her, though? 'Cause she said everyone hazed her.

• Becca Tobin: No, actually, you were the only one who was really nice to me.

• Naya: Yeah, no, she was, uh—we hung out.

• Becca: Yeah. I would say that you and Darren [Criss] were the most like, warm people from the get-go.

• Naya: And Kevin [McHale].

• Becca: Oh and Kevin, yeah. But you know what? Kevin's funny, you kind of have to like, earn your way in. Once you're in it's like, you're there.

• Naya: True, true.

• Becca: So like, you guys were probably the most welcoming.

• Naya: No, I thought you were awesome. Immediately. Immediately.

May 30 2017   (Source)

via dailydarrennews

Lea answering “Oysters with Glenn or sushi with Darren and Chord?” via E! News’ Snapchat - May 29, 2017

From Darren Criss Army:

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_oqtlr47kmH1ubd9qxo1_1280

76soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Sweet words about Cory. 

From dcriss-archive:

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_ot2emdjlYt1wpi2k2o1_1280
_matthew.morrison_: One of my favorite days of filming with Cory. He always brought passion in everything he did. God, I miss you brother. #ByeByeBye

77soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:32 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, so nice of Mason.  :happy face

From Darren Criss Army:

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_otuxodJTje1ubd9qxo1_1280

78soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:50 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Well said, Grant.  Nicely articulated.  I couldn't agree more.  Thank you for spreading this message.

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_otpue9jXJL1susnhzo1_500
grantgustinnews:
grantgust: A human is a human. This reality star President is trying to turn back the clock all across the board. This isn’t a “liberal” thing. I believe in equality for all people, including the negative people that come out of the woodworks to troll on posts where people are trying to help the world be more progressive and open. Open your eyes, people. Try to empathize with people that have different struggles than you. Find a common ground. Help each other out. Love above all else.

via wherenothingisforkeeps

79soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some Warbler nostalgia!

I never saw that first pic.  :amused 
soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_ouangcFeXf1ubd9qxo1_1280

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_ouangcFeXf1ubd9qxo2_1280

soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_ouangcFeXf1ubd9qxo3_1280
Glee nostalgia on Curt Mega’s Instagram Story (Instagram.com/curtmega) 8/6/17

via Darren Criss Army

Cool pic:
soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_oub7jp7JCl1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Curt Mega’s Instagram Story (August 7th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

Via Curt Mega’s Instagram Story (August 7th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

80soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Empty Re: Other Glee Cast Members Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:04 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Haven't had a chance to watch this entire video yet.

Includes mentions of Glee, Darren & Elsie Fest starting at 8:00

August 15, 2017

via Darren Criss Army

Chord Overstreet talking about Glee, Darren and Elsie Fest on the Elvis Duran Show (August 15th, 2017) | Source

via dcriss-archive

This is an interesting interview with Joaquin.  He talks about Cory.  He says some very nice things about Darren.  I really do love Darren's friendship with Joaquin.  It seems they really do appreciate each other's character, their goodness as people.
soontobeemmywinner - Other Glee Cast Members - Page 4 Tumblr_ououziFxfK1wpi2k2o1_1280

Link to podcast

via dcriss-archive

Link to audio:  https://elsiecast.podbean.com/e/25-remembering-glee-with-joaquin-cedilla/

I love some of the comments he made about Darren (Point 45:48):
Joaquin Sedillo wrote:
Darren  Criss is such a favorite human being of mine . . . Darren is just a good guy, and is a good person.  I know if I were in trouble and said  “hey, Darren, I need this, can you help me?,”  he would without hesitation help me out, if it was something that he can do.  What impressed me about that episode was two things [mentions Jacob Artist's song performance of Nasty/Rhythm Nation]. . . For DC to sing with puppets, and sell that song, "My Best Friend," to sell that song in a way, I think a lot of performers in general would be like, “Oh god, . . . please don’t make me do this.“  And Darren  is a such a team player and sells every single song that we did with him at such an exceptional level . . . you know what, that takes a lot of guts and a lot of dedication . . .

He also talked about how Darren's portrayal of Hedwig really affected him.  See Point 57:30.  He talked about his experience when he went backstage after seeing Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Joaquin said he gave Darren a hug, with Joaquin's eyes tearing up a bit.  He told Darren, "That was incredible."    He said since knowing Darren so well, since he considers Darren to be a very close friend, when he saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Joaquin didn't see Darren.  He lost track that it was Darren.  Joaquin thought "That was Hedwig!"  Such a nice compliment for an actor to hear!

From the moment Darren walked out on the stage,  did I not only lose track of the fact that it was Darren, but  . . . I was truly and deeply moved by the fact that he took me on a journey because of his raw talent, in a way that I didn’t feel like I [see and think]. . . oh, that’s Tom Cruise, and . . . that was Hedwig the whole time . . . I teared up, . . . I was so moved by Darren’s performance in Hedwig that, that very very quickly became one of my favorite shows in the last couple of years.

Joaquin is now working on "Step Up" on YouTube Red with Naya. :happy face

EDIT:  I listened to most of the first video, and Chord is funny!  Love his impressions.  :happy face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum