Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion of Darren's Album

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:05 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

And a Michael Buble hug back to you, dusty!  :hug

22homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:14 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

As much as I look forward to whatever he does (film/tv/stage) I think at the moment I'm mostly hankering for an album.

It's kind of logical. He already did film/tv/stage. An album is quite the only thing he hasn't done yet :amused

23homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:49 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I agree!

24homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:03 am

*Jeremy* wrote:
As much as I look forward to whatever he does (film/tv/stage) I think at the moment I'm mostly hankering for an album.

It's kind of logical. He already did film/tv/stage. An album is quite the only thing he hasn't done yet :amused

Lol! Yes, that's true. It's about damn time he releases one!

25homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:09 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I knew it!  I knew it!  Darren is releasing an album!!!!

ahhh!!!! :very happy celebrate oh yeah dance! 

From dailydarrennews:

Feinsteins at the Nikko wrote:
Darren Criss- Feinstein's at the Nikko - San Francisco, CA - November 30th, 2016

Actor, musician, Emmy-nominated composer and San Francisco native, Darren Criss, will make his Feinstein’s at the Nikko debut with a selection of songs from his upcoming album as well as favorites from throughout his career. Criss is reprising his critically acclaimed Broadway performance as “Hedwig” in the San Francisco and Los Angeles engagements of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Criss made his Broadway debut in 2014 as J. Pierrepont Finch in the 2014 Tony Award winning Best Musical Revival How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. He is best known for his breakout role as Blaine Anderson on Fox’s Emmy and Golden Globe Award winning series “Glee.” Most recently Criss appeared on the Emmy Award winning FX series “American Horror Story” and will be seen in the upcoming Indie comedy “Smitten” directed by Academy Award winner Barry Morrow. He starred opposite Annette Bening and Kristen Wiig in “Girl Most Likely” and guest starred on “Michael Feinstein’s New Year’s Eve” on PBS. Criss is the founder of NYC’s annual show tunes music festival. “Elsie Fest.”

Wed, November 30, 2016

Doors: 5:30 pm / Show: 7:00 pm

Buy Tickets

October 18 2016
( via dailydarrennews)

I knew this was why he was quiet this year.  Our Energizer Bunny always is working on something, even if he's doing it quietly behind closed doors, ready to announce at the last minute!

You lucky Northern Californians can listen to some of the songs of his album!   I'm sure he will perform at other cities in the future, but this is special! 

Yea Darren!  Way to go!   You sneaky ninja, you!  applause :bravo clapping hands :guitar jamming

dusty, Lilikoilluv, Lin, Jeremy, blaykee, DaisiesAndLilies, Tash, springbay!!!  You guys, this is HUGE news!

26homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Yay!!! Finally!!! This is seriously exciting!!! Omg! Have been waiting for this since forever! I'm so intrigued as to what direction he'll go. And can we please get stutter on it?! Anybody here going to this concert? Fingers and toes crossed for recordings!!!

27homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Bloody hell! Just realised this concert is on my birthday!!! Hopefully someone can get me a nice birthday present in the form of some recordings of new dc songs.

28homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

dusty wrote:Yay!!! Finally!!! This is seriously exciting!!! Omg! Have been waiting for this since forever! I'm so intrigued as to what direction he'll go. And can we please get stutter on it?! Anybody here going to this concert? Fingers and toes crossed for recordings!!!

Hi dusty!   Yes, finally!   Yes, this is seriously, dramatically, ecstatically exciting news!!!   I know you have been waiting for such a long time, and I have too.  And I know Lilikoiluv and blaykee have too! 

I remember our discussion about what direction Darren's debut album will go into.   Do I remember correctly (if I don't, please correct me), but you want wanted rock?   And I want a little bit of everything (pop, rock, singer-songwriter (folksy), soul, but I doubt that will  happen.     But maybe a few different genres--pop, rock, and ballad/folksy. 

It would be great to have Stutter on it.  I wonder if that will happen.    Fingers (and toes-can you do that? ha!  and arms and legs) crossed that he has Stutter on it.

I was reluctant to buy tickets. I just spent some $ on two Hedwig shows.  But it kept eating at me.  And finally, I called my husband and the sweetie pie urged me to buy tickets.  But that's it!  I'm all spent out for the next 2 years!  (Except of course for buying the album!)    DUSTY, I'M GOING TO SEE DARREN IN SF ON NOVEMBER 30!! :very happy clapping hands

29homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

DUSTY wrote:Bloody hell! Just realised this concert is on my birthday!!! Hopefully someone can get me a nice birthday present in the form of some recordings of new dc songs.

omg!  Happy early BD, dusty!  Aww, that is a sign!   See, he was thinking of you when he chose that date for the concert to debut some of his songs!

30homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm wondering what label is he with?

31homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder now if the haircut was Darren's way of letting us know that the "time has come" to announce another big mile stone in his life:  His debut album!

What do you guys think?

32homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:02 pm

celebrate celebrate celebrate
I would normally be skeptical about the wording and whether it really means that he's releasing anything anytime soon, but he's been dropping some other hints recently, so I'm inclined to believe it's really happening this time. :fingers crossed

Poppy wrote:I was reluctant to buy tickets. I just spent some $ on two Hedwig shows.  But it kept eating at me.  And finally, I called my husband and the sweetie pie urged me to buy tickets.  But that's it!  I'm all spent out for the next 2 years!  (Except of course for buying the album!)    DUSTY, I'M GOING TO SEE DARREN IN SF ON NOVEMBER 30!! :very happy clapping hands
YAY POPPY!!  celebration dance! It seems to be a pretty small venue, so it's good to know that we're going to have our very own spy there!   :cheeky thumbs up

33homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:17 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I agree that he's been dropping hints of something was about to happen, Lin!  His haircut was one of them!
Lin wrote:
YAY POPPY!!  homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 1176082380 It seems to be a pretty small venue, so it's good to know that we're going to have our very own spy there!   homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 1692114053 homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 32445860

I'm so fortunate to go, Lin.  I wish I could bring all of you!  I can't promise I will record anything.  Sorry, but I'm awful at doing things like that.  But I will report back to the best of my abilities!

34homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Poppy wrote:I'm so fortunate to go, Lin.  I wish I could bring all of you!  I can't promise I will record anything.  Sorry, but I'm awful at doing things like that.  But I will report back to the best of my abilities!
Shhh, Poppy. You know you want to:
homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Tumblr_mcgo5hGU2E1qafbqjo1_250
No, I understand! I'm just glad you get to go and I'm looking forward to reading your report.

35homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha! 

Lin wrote:
Shhh, Poppy. You know you want to:
homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Tumblr_mcgo5hGU2E1qafbqjo1_250
No, I understand! I'm just glad you get to go and I'm looking forward to reading your report.

Lin, you are hilarious!   Thanks for understanding.  :happy face  Hopefully, there will be others who are more skilled in the art of being sneaky, who will post audios.  :fingers crossed

36homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It's interesting that there is no big announcement.   I wonder why that is.  He's deciding to be low-key about this and the announcement is via the news about his performance at Feinstein's at the Nikko. 

Then again, Darren does like to lay low when it comes to announcements.   He's modest in that way.  :happy face

37homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:26 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From DarrenCrissArmy:

BroadwayWorld.com wrote:
HEDWIG's Darren Criss Will Make Feinstein's at the Nikko Debut This Fall

October 18, 2016

38homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So I saw this on dailydarrennews:

redheadgleek wrote:FYI: somebody in line asked him about this and he seemed very shocked about the “upcoming album.” Both he and his manager (i think that’s who she is) both denied that there was a new album and stated that would be clarifying this with the venue.

-redheadgleek
via dailydarrennews

I hope this is not true.  I just spoke on the phone with the general manager of the club (Feinstein's at Nikko), and he told me that Darren's camp told their club that Darren would be playing a selection of songs from his upcoming album, and that the club would not have had that info in their press release if it was not given to them by Darren's camp.  He said he had no new info.   It is confusing what this fan is reporting Darren said to her/him.  But for now, I am going to assume that the press release is correct, until I hear confirmation from more sources.

Ok, Feinstein's at Nikko amended their press release and removed the part about a selection of songs from his upcoming album.

39homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 am

Poppy wrote:
dusty wrote:Yay!!! Finally!!! This is seriously exciting!!! Omg! Have been waiting for this since forever! I'm so intrigued as to what direction he'll go. And can we please get stutter on it?! Anybody here going to this concert? Fingers and toes crossed for recordings!!!

Hi dusty!   Yes, finally!   Yes, this is seriously, dramatically, ecstatically exciting news!!!   I know you have been waiting for such a long time, and I have too.  And I know Lilikoiluv and blaykee have too! 

I remember our discussion about what direction Darren's debut album will go into.   Do I remember correctly (if I don't, please correct me), but you want wanted rock?   And I want a little bit of everything (pop, rock, singer-songwriter (folksy), soul, but I doubt that will  happen.     But maybe a few different genres--pop, rock, and ballad/folksy. 

It would be great to have Stutter on it.  I wonder if that will happen.    Fingers (and toes-can you do that? ha!  and arms and legs) crossed that he has Stutter on it.

I was reluctant to buy tickets. I just spent some $ on two Hedwig shows.  But it kept eating at me.  And finally, I called my husband and the sweetie pie urged me to buy tickets.  But that's it!  I'm all spent out for the next 2 years!  (Except of course for buying the album!)    DUSTY, I'M GOING TO SEE DARREN IN SF ON NOVEMBER 30!! :very happy clapping hands

Yay! I am so happy for you! You're going to be one of the first few people getting to hear brand new DC songs! Very exciting! We'll be expecting a full report! Including details of new haircut, how many times he swears, and of course how amazing the new songs are on a scale from great to Darrentastic. Btw, your husband is pure awesomeness!

As for genre, yes I'm more of a rock chick. I'm hoping for an Indie/80s alternative vibe. It shall be interesting to see what he'll produce. And yes, it would be amazeballs if Stutter was included. Maybe as a bonus track?

I'm also wondering if he's with a label. If Tim Davis (from Glee) is working with him, wouldn't that suggest he's doing this independently? Otherwise wouldn't the label provide him with producers/vocal coaching or whatever it is Tim is doing?

40homework - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:03 am

Poppy wrote:
DUSTY wrote:Bloody hell! Just realised this concert is on my birthday!!! Hopefully someone can get me a nice birthday present in the form of some recordings of new dc songs.

omg!  Happy early BD, dusty!  Aww, that is a sign!   See, he was thinking of you when he chose that date for the concert to debut some of his songs!
:laughing Of course he did! He better do a special song just for me!

And thank you! :hug

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum