Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion of Darren's Album

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

6121 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some updates about the Homework CD/CD bundle:

From dcriss-archive: 
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p076eh723H1wpi2k2o1_1280

And from Darren Criss Army:
Darren Criss Army wrote:

Special Merch Bundle for Dec 15 VIP

Hi all! Thanks to a quick response from the vendor to one of Darren’s fans, we’ve found out that the “Signed Merch. Bundle” included in the VIP Meet & Greet ticket for the LA concert on Dec. 15 will be different from the signed CD bundle you can order from the shop. 

No details on what it will include, just that it’s different. So keep that in mind when you are deciding how many of the CD bundle to get!

6221 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:42 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p08lqavlac1wpi2k2o1_1280
soniclunch: ❤️ @darrencriss has a new album out!!! ❤️

PopWrapped wrote:
Darren Criss Set To Release New EP

11/20/2017

It has been nearly seven years since singer/songwriter Darren Criss has released his first EP entitled Human.

The Emmy-nominated Glee actor and musical artist said he named the EP Homework. The reasoning behind the EP title? Criss stated it was because of two things.

“For starters, I made it mostly at home. Whether writing or recording it at my own place or at friends’, it’s about as homegrown as you can get. It was produced mostly with real live instruments, getting back to what really started my life as a songwriter in the first place — guitars and pianos and words and music,” Criss said in a message to his fans. “The main idea behind this was to embrace me just being me as much as possible in the hopes of it reaching you in some kind of positive way.”

“Secondly, homework always took me way too long to do. It’s true what they say — an artist’s work is never done,” he continued. “It never feels ‘done’ until it’s out there for someone else to experience. And so here I am, ‘finishing’ it by releasing it into the world, and encouraging it to live its own life with you. You who have waited very patiently and supported me tirelessly through the years– my family and friends from school growing up in San Francisco, my friends from college in Ann Arbor, the fans that kicked off my career and the new ones that are interested into diving a little deeper into my backstory. This one’s for you. So here, I did some homework.”

Along with the announcement, Criss released a video for one of his songs entitled “I Don’t Mind.” Check out the video below!

Fans will have to wait until December 15th for the release of Homework but if you can’t wait, Darren is selling a bundle which includes signed CD and some limited edition merch that is only available for a limited time. You can check out that bundle here. And if that wasn’t enough, check out the tracklist below:

1. Foolish Thing
  2. I Dreamed A Dream
  3. Going Nowhere
  4. I Don’t Mind
  5. The Day That The Dance Is Over

Link:  https://popwrapped.com/darren-criss-set-to-release-new-ep

Link to buy the CD/CD bundle:  https://store.darrencriss.com/products/darren-criss-homework-ep

-

6321 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:55 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

The digital form of Darren's Homework EP will be released on December 15, the day of his release/launch concert at the Globe Theatre in Los Angeles.  You also can buy the physical CD/CD bundle package now here:  https://store.darrencriss.com/products/darren-criss-homework-ep

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p091j3axfY1wpi2k2o1_1280

6421 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:44 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I find IDM cute but I wouldn't have chosen that song for launching the EP. But maybe he will make videos for FT and TDTDIO as well in the following weeks. And maybe there will be a computer-games-like music video for those songs.

6521 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:17 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I hope there are more music videos.   :happy face

6621 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren is promoting his EP.  :happy face

I found his interview with Larry Flick on "1 on 1" on Sirius XM to be really very interesting.  So many great insights.

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0kbsvOMmv1wpi2k2o1_1512602815_cover Track: Darren Criss on 1 on 1 with Larry Flick (12-6-2017)

Darren Criss on 1 on 1 with Larry Flick (12-6-2017)

via dcriss-archive

Luckily, we have a fan take notes (thank you so much!) of the interview, and thank you Gleekto for posting her notes!

Gleekto wrote:
As we don’t quite know who’s going to be able to get this interview on tumblr, @myamazingfriendmyonetruelove was able to listen at work and summarize the tidbits for us - thank you!!!

Here is her summary:

This is obviously just the bits I could write down while listening at work It was a good interview. Heard a clip of The Day The Dance is Over. It sounds beautiful with back up singers. Larry Flick says it’s the one he likes the most on the EP. 

Talked about the Columbia records deal. Said he enjoyed working with them but did not feel comfortable with the direction. Said they parted ways very amicably. Went back to recording with guitar and piano with friends at home. He is super happy to be an indie artist at this time. 

Larry said the EP sounds like it has some influences of Elton John, Ben Folds and has a 70’s feel and Darren seems happy he said that. He said he really missed playing and hiring musicians etc… 

Talked about how writing for his own voice works really well for him vs. other people writing songs for him. Darren talks about hearing his voice on his dad’s tape recorder and how weird that is as a kid hearing your voice. (he also mentioned he and Chuck would record themselves and then fast forward so they sounds like the chipmunks). 

Darren said he never really thought of himself as a singer. He always thought of himself as an actor and musician. Mentioned that Hedwig worked for him because it was rock music. Said he could never do anything like Oklahoma. Larry mentioned how good Darren was in Hedwig. 

He talked about the song Going Nowhere – Larry played the intro and it totally has a great early 70’s vibe almost Carly Simon/Carole King vibe to it. (that is my opinion not Darren’s or Larry’s) Darren said it is a nod to Harry Nelson. Darren said he has not really written songs that come from deep in his core. For this song, he thought of not wanting to give up something and wallowing in feelings and sweet memories and that is sort of where Going Nowhere came from. 

Talks about the concert on the 15th said he will play the EP front to back. Talked about ACS press tour happening in January. He said when that is done maybe he will take the songs on the road and write more.

via http://gleekto.tumblr.com/post/168267684880

I only have had time to listen to the interview once, I'll add a few more tidbits to compliment the wonderful notes of @myamazingfriendmyonetruelove .  

--Darren parted amicably with Columbia Records about 2 years ago.  He said they were a wonderful label, but as a singer/songwriter, he did not feel comfortable with the competitive pop music, with that direction.  He said today, there are ways to get your music out without being attached to a record label.  He said after he parted with Columbia Records, he decided to go back to what he always did before Glee, which is to return to his guitar, and piano, and make music with his friends.  :happy face
--In addition to the music artists noted above by @myamazingfriendmyonetruelove, Darren also noted the influence of Harry Nilsson (not sure about the spelling), and Larry noted a part of "The Day the Dance is Over" that reminded him of Sgt. Pepper by the Beatles.
--As @myamazingfriendmyonetruelove said, Darren said he missed playing instruments and hiring musicians.  He missed the acoustic sound
--Larry said listening to this EP, Larry is struck with how Darren is someone who has figured out what material Darren's voice works best in.  Larry said Darren has this really lovely tenor.
--Darren mentioned there is a difference between having a good voice and being a good singer.  He used an example of David Byrne  (I think that was his name, not sure about the spelling) who wouldn't get  The Voice (or have a coach turn his chair), but who was the best singer because he knew what his voice could do, and how to write songs for his voice, and thus deliver a passionate performance.  [This is so interesting.  I agree that writing for yourself should result in the song complimenting your voice.  Just by coincidence then, Darren sounded so fantastic on the songs in Hedwig and the Angry Inch!]  I love the way Larry said "you were soooo good in Hedwig!  :happy face
--It was really interesting to hear Darren talk about "Going Nowhere."   Like the rest of her notes,  @myamazingfriendmyonetruelove did a great job capturing what Darren said at this part of the interview.  The one thing that really struck me was Darren responding to Larry's question of how  people assume your songs are about you and that's really vulnerable.  Darren said for that reason, he has trouble writing for himself because of that fear [that people would assume a song is autobiographical?].  This is interesting to me, because I have had a feeling that Darren does have some hesitancy about fans assuming some of his songs are about his life.  As  @myamazingfriendmyonetruelove stated, Darren said hehas not written songs that cut deep into the core of his being.  He said what he does, is to take an experience, or a feeling, and turn that into a story, like he did for "Going Nowhere."  As myamazingfriendmyonetruelove described, this song is about hanging onto certain emotions or sweet memories, and not wanting to part with them.  [Note:  I can understand why it is terribly hard to be so open about yourself in a song.  As Larry said, it makes you feel so vulnerable, if you do write something that is about your life.  I don't know if Darren's early songs were about himself or not.  But "Human," and "Stutter"--to me-- feel more personal.  I've always been a big sucker for songs that feel personal, even if that is not actually completely the case.  Another note:  "Going Nowhere" does give me that lovely bittersweet melancholy --Darren did a great job of really conveying that emotion through the lyrics, the melody, and his voice.]  Larry said "Goin Nowhere" gave him a lovely feeling of open skies and open spaces, like it could be a song for film.  [I agree!  Perfect as a song for a scene in a film or TV scene!  It would be perfect for Kevin's character right now in This is Us!]  Darren mentioned that Randy Newman is a big influence to Darren.  Darren mentioned how he enjoys writing for characters in musical theater.  [I had a sense that writing songs for a character, versus that is about himself, is easier for Darren.  I think he did a fantastic job in AVPM.  Maybe he could tell himself that a song is for a character, to make it easier for himself?  Who cares if people assume it's about you?!   Whatever tricks you can use in terms of framing things for yourself, right?] 
--Darren mentioned he has a file on his computer that has over 100 songs!!  What?!   What treasures do we have waiting for Darren to release! 

The bits of the songs that I heard in this interview sound sooooooo wonderful!!!  I cannot wait to hear them!    I am so excited!  So happy for Darren!  celebrate :bravo

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total

6721 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:06 pm

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 CYJ5kb7

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 MkUR4dc

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Q8QKuPZ

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 NpJkXqi

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 IjjFRBZ

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 V72wvYd

6821 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

hahaha!!!! :big grin :laughing   Lilikoiluv, I wish I could give you 50 Likes!  I love, love your reaction gifs (using Darren/Blaine)!!!

Lilikoiluv wrote:
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 CYJ5kb7

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 MkUR4dc

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Q8QKuPZ

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 NpJkXqi

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 IjjFRBZ

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 V72wvYd

You expressed yourself perfectly, Lilikoiluv!  I am so impressed how much you were able to convey, just with these gifs! :amused :bravo applause

6921 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:13 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm a bit behind with posting Darren-news.

From dcriss-archive:

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0k9iqZE4z1wpi2k2o1_1280

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0k9iqZE4z1wpi2k2o2_1280
Via Darren’s Instagram Story (December 6th, 2017)

The  last part startled me, which I know is his intention (to startle his adoring fans).  :amused wha?

Via Darren’s Instagram Story (December 6th, 2017)

*Link

via dcriss-archive

Link to buy CD/CD bundle:  https://store.darrencriss.com/products/darren-criss-homework-ep

This is interesting.  I'm glad to see "Once Upon a Time" near the top.   That song really did seem to me to be personal to Darren, and I think he even talked a little bit about what it meant to him on the Listen Up tour.   I would really, really, really love a studio version of "Once Upon a Time"!  Would also love a studio version of the Hedwig songs, but I don't know if that is legally possible.  Fans have been wanting a studio version of "Stutter" for  a long time too. 
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0kg5daSea1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren Criss: The Globe even page (December 6th, 2017)

Link:  https://www.facebook.com/events/203950840148186/permalink/208649333011670/

Cute pics.  :amused
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0lykjZLQF1wpi2k2o1_1280

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0lykjZLQF1wpi2k2o5_1280

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0lykjZLQF1wpi2k2o6_1280
[HQ] Darren Criss visits the SiriusXM Studios on December 6, 2017 in New York City.

via dcriss-archive

From Darren Criss Army:

Via Darren’s Instagram Story 12/7/17 Instagram.com/darrencriss

via Darren Criss Army

This is cool.  :happy face
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0m39dK5sh1ubd9qxo1_500
Darren showing us that his new EP cover is lifesize!! Wink

Via @darrencriss IG, Dec 7

https://www.instagram.com/darrencriss/

via Darren Criss Army

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0k6b2p9pf1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren with Julie James via Julie’s Instagram Story 12/6/17 http://instagram.com/julie_james

Darren in session at SiriusXM via Julie James’ Snapchat (juliejamesnyc) 12/6/17

via Darren Criss Army

-

7021 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

The  last part startled me, which I know is his intention (to startle his adoring fans).  21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 3295213406 21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 2747276107

Via Darren’s Instagram Story (December 6th, 2017)

He gets agressive scared

7121 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I've listened to the interview. TDTDIO and especially GN seem promising to me :happy face

7221 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:50 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Not sure (since I don't write on tumblr)  how to do the multiple quotes? 
Jeremy wrote:
Poppy

The  last part startled me, which I know is his intention (to startle his adoring fans).  
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 3295213406 21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 2747276107

Via Darren’s Instagram Story (December 6th, 2017)
He gets agressive 21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 415352165

haha!   Even though Darren has finished filming Versace, he still has some lingering effects portraying aggression.  :help

Jeremy wrote:I've listened to the interview. TDTDIO and especially GN seem promising to me 21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 3308115737

"Going Nowhere" is my favorite of the new songs, with "I Don't Mind, as my second favorite, and then "The Day the Dance is Over," next.   GN just resonates emotionally with me (maybe because the current political environment of the U.S. is so stagnant--or feeling regressive--right now).   His voice on GN just is perfect in terms of how he conveys vulnerability and emotion, and the lyrics are so sad.  broken heart :cry  I agree with Darren that listening to sad songs is something that I enjoy.  So much of our day is spent working and getting things done, being efficient, using our brains, maintaining a sense of control.  There is a type of satisfaction in just giving in to our emotions, of not being rational, but just breaking down the structures of control and breaking down emotionally.  There's that feeling of satisfaction in embracing the emotional pain in oneself as a response to how closely we connect to the painful experience expressed in a song, as communicated by a vocalist who is skilled in conveying emotion through his voice (and we all know how well Darren can convey emotion in his voice, whether it's sadness or joyfulness).  I especially remember when I was a teen, my girlfriends and I would just get together and lie on the bed listening to sad music (and some happy music too).   It's the same thing when we want to watch a movie that we know is a "tear-jerker."  I love a good cry.  :amused

From dcriss-archive:

The lovely Jenndesq has captured most of the song "Going Nowhere" that could be heard in Darren's interview with Larry Flick.  Thank you Jenndesq!

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0m9soSIpG1r0rx8mo1_1512693663_cover         Track: Going Nowhere - 1 on 1 with Larry Flick
                                                                                      Artist: Darren Criss

jenndesq:

I am posting this clip from the Larry Flick interview because you can actually hear all of the Going Nowhere track, although after a while it’s playing under their voices while they talk about it. So good! heart  

via  dcriss-archive

Thank you Ryan Lerman!  I just realized Ryan Lerman is in Scary Pockets, which did the cover of "Wonderwall" with Darren on vocals.    I think he also produced Darren's cover of "I Dreamed a Dream."
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0nwr7kRnu1wpi2k2o1_1280

Good job, Darren! 
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0nwersqwO1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

7321 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Poppy wrote:
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0nwersqwO1wpi2k2o1_1280

Darren, can you sign one more?   I just bought my CD bundle.  I'm planning on buying the EP on iTunes on Dec. 15 (Friday) too!   I can't wait to hear the songs! heart   celebration dance! heart

7421 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:21 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Just a reminder, you have until December 15 to order Darren's physical CD bundle for Darren's Homework EP, with Darren signing the CD!  :happy face thumbs up 

From dcriss-archive:

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p051aajoJu1wpi2k2o1_540

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p051aajoJu1wpi2k2o2_1280

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p051aajoJu1wpi2k2o3_540

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p051aajoJu1wpi2k2o4_540

I Don’t Mind (Official Music Video) | Homework Bundle

via dcriss-archive

Link for Homework CD/CD bundle:  https://store.darrencriss.com/products/darren-criss-homework-ep

BroadwayWorld wrote:
Darren Criss' Solo Indie EP 'Homework' Now Available for Pre-Sale

Nov 28, 2017

From now until December 15th at midnight, Darren will be signing all physical copies of the CD through an exclusive CD+Merch Bundle pre-sale available here. The EP will also be released December 15th on all digital music platforms.

[. . . ]

Below is the track listing:

1. Foolish Thing
2. I Dreamed A Dream
3. Going Nowhere
4. I Don’t Mind
5. The Day That The Dance Is Over
Link to Article:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Darren-Criss-Solo-Indie-EP-Homework-Now-Available-for-Pre-Sale-20171128

Link for CD/CD bundle:  https://store.darrencriss.com/products/darren-criss-homework-ep?mc_cid=41a63ef1f7&mc_eid=b99ce949ae

Link for Tickets to Dec. 15 concert:  https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=41a63ef1f7&mc_eid=b99ce949ae

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0539iBA3u1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s instagram story (November 28th, 2017) | Homework Bundle

Link to buy EP/EP bundle:  https://store.darrencriss.com/products/darren-criss-homework-ep

Link to buy tickets to Darren's December 15 concert at the Globe Theatre in Los Angeles:   https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=41a63ef1f7&mc_eid=b99ce949ae

Note:  Darren is releasing the EP digitally on the same day (December 15), as well as doing his concert at the Globe in Los Angeles on that same day (Dec. 15).
-

7521 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

DarrenCriss: These boxes are now all full of signed hard copy Homework EPs, ready to go. Grab a bundle through this Friday night to get a signed copy from yours truly. darrencriss.me/HomeworkBundle

via  dcriss-archive

Link to buy EP bundle:  https://store.darrencriss.com/products/darren-criss-homework-ep

Darren wants to chat with you tomorrow, Thursday.  :happy face
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0xf3qQYBY1wpi2k2o1_540

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0xf3qQYBY1wpi2k2o2_540
DarrenCriss: Tomorrow I’ll be going LIVE on Facebook from my band rehearsal and chatting with you about the #HomeworkEP. Get your questions ready. facebook.com/darrencriss

darrencriss: Tomorrow I’ll be going LIVE on Facebook from my band rehearsal and chatting with you about the #HomeworkEP. Get your questions ready. www.facebook.com/darrencriss

-

7621 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:10 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh wow.  I am so behind! 

I didn't realize the EP is already out on iTunes! :very happycelebration dance! :guitar jamming clapping hands oh yeah dance!

Guys, please buy Darren's Homework EP, if you can afford it.  Please show your support.  :happy face

From Darren Criss Army:

@DarrenCriss

Homework EP out now! Thank you to those of you who have waited very patiently and supported me tirelessly through the years. 

iTunes: http://darrencriss.me/Homework_it 

Bundle: http://darrencriss.me/HomeworkBundle   

Spotify: http://darrencriss.me/Homework_sp

(also on Amazon)

via Darren Criss Army

Amazon Link:  https://www.amazon.com/Homework-Darren-Criss/dp/B077ZP9T7V/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513314696&sr=8-2&keywords=darren+criss+homework

OH my gosh!!!
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0zpqmmRGh1ubd9qxo1_1280

Homework EP is NUMBER ONE on the iTunes Singer/Songwriter Charts! (12/15/17 1:50am ET)

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0zp3h3lmp1ubd9qxo1_1280

132 overall on iTunes Charts! Look out Glee!! (12/15/17, 1:30am ET)

Aw, thanks Craig Zadan!

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0zmmhjdGW1ubd9qxo1_500
High praise for Homework EP from producer Craig Zadan.

Darren Criss’ new EP Homework is out now!
Via his IG story.

via Darren Criss Army

Darren Criss - The Day That The Dance Is Over (Official Audio)

Darren Criss: I can’t seem to stop myself from writing big piano ballads. Sorry/Not Sorry. Wrote this with my brother Chuck. When the party’s all over and you think it’s all done- this is a song that says, hey, I’ll be there for you.

(Source: youtube.com)

From dcriss-archive:

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0zmsvN6XA1wpi2k2o1_1280

Homework EP available on Darren’s Soundcloud

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p0zmrfzdTU1wpi2k2o1_1280
Homework EP available on Amazon

Amazon Link:  https://www.amazon.com/Homework-Darren-Criss/dp/B077ZP9T7V/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513314696&sr=8-2&keywords=darren+criss+homework

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p10k93ZfJg1wpi2k2o1_1280
-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

7721 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Just a reminder, tonight is Darren's release concert for his Homework EP at the Globe in Los Angeles!!!!

From dcriss-archive:

This is wonderful!  applause
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p10ev0s0N31wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren Criss’ song from his Homework EP are on the top 100 on the iTunes Singer/Songwriter Chart (December 15th, 2017)

This is so great!  clapping hands

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p10ewljr4N1wpi2k2o1_1280

Darren Criss’ Homework EP is # 23 on the iTunes Album Chart (December 15th, 2017)

I had a question (hey Lin, Jeremy, Lilikoiluv, DaisiesAndLilies, dusty). I find the iTunes charts to be confusing. 

What is the link for the iTunes chart for albums, and also the link for iTunes Singer/Songwriter album chart?

Is this the link for the iTunes album chart:  http://www.popvortex.com/music/charts/top-100-albums.php

But why is this iTunes chart different?  https://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/albums/

Is this the appropriate chart for Singer/Songwriter albums?   https://itopchart.com/us/en/music-album-charts/singer-songwriter/

Thanks for anyone's answer.  :happy face

7821 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Homework EP Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

@DarrenCriss

Thanks for all of your support, really hope you enjoy my humble collection of songs. This wouldn’t have been possible without you all. It would have continued to sit in my head w/ nowhere to go. Thanks for giving it a home! 

DL: http://darrencriss.me/Homework_it 

CD: http://darrencriss.me/HomeworkBundle

via Darren Criss Army

I really love this song.  "Once Upon a Time" and "Going Nowhere" are my most favorite songs of those composed by Darren (also really love "I Don't Mind," and really like "The Muse"). 

Darren Criss - Going Nowhere (Official Audio)

(Source: youtube.com)

I think that Darren's Homework EP is at number 21 right now on iTunes Albums, although I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right chart. confused Embarassed

This is great!!
21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p11azmzazK1ubd9qxo1_500

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p11azmzazK1ubd9qxo2_500

Every song on the #HomeworkEP is now in the top 50 on the iTunes Singer/Songwriter Charts!!
12/15/17

-

-

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

7921 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:40 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Sorry, Poppy, I'm not familiar with the iTunes Charts. If he's indeed #21, it's nice !

I love the EP and the video above.

8021 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:50 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for your answer, Jeremy.  You know, I think I'm wrong about the number 21 position, because I looked this up here and it says the highest position was 23 on the albums chart:  http://www.itunescharts.net/us/artists/music/darren-criss/

I'm glad you love the new EP!  heart

I agree, Jeremy.  This is so sweet what Darren says, thanking his fans for supporting him.  You and your music are always worth the wait, Darren!  Always!    It's so touching how sweet he is in terms of showing his  gratitude that his fans have stood by him.  :cry heart 

@DarrenCriss

Thanks for all of your support, really hope you enjoy my humble collection of songs. This wouldn’t have been possible without you all. It would have continued to sit in my head w/ nowhere to go. Thanks for giving it a home! 

DL: http://darrencriss.me/Homework_it 

CD: http://darrencriss.me/HomeworkBundle

via Darren Criss Army

I love the new EP, so yes Darren, I really am so enjoying your new EP, Homework!   I love "Going Nowhere" so much and I love "I Don't Mind."   "The Day the Dance is Over" has such lovely lyrics.  I know Chuck wrote some lovely lines for his daughter.  So touching!   The melody for "Foolish Thing" is so fun!   I've been so busy lately, so I intend just to focus all my attention to the EP's songs soon and just play the EP over and over when I have a quiet moment.   :big grin :love

From dcriss-archive:

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p10wptoWCp1wpi2k2o1_1280

Link

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p12juj7yHR1wpi2k2o1_1280
Link

charlescriss: “I promise you I won’t be gone, on the day that the dance is over I will be your song.” I wrote that line and riff years ago for my daughter Rosemary. Darren and I shaped it into a song that now that takes me to a very special place. Psyched that it’s out in the world today. This whole EP is amazing, and I couldn’t be happier with it. I hope y'all put it on repeat as much as I have. Bravo @darrencriss hands in the air #homework

via dcriss-archive

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p112a4YnIC1wpi2k2o1_1280

Via Chuck Criss Instagram Story (December 15th, 2017)

21 - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 4 Tumblr_p10v1ysAUq1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum