Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion of Darren's Album

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Well, #23 is also a good performance. 

I still prefer the music style of Computer Games but I'm glad that there are more instruments on this EP than on the first one. 

My favourite song is Going nowhere. Hopefully it will be sent to the radios and there will be a "real" music video.

82fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:05 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, 23 is very good!

I liked this EP more.  It felt more like Darren.  But I also love the collaboration between Darren and Chuck.  :happy face

Yes, "Going Nowhere" is my favorite on this EP as well.  I am hoping the same, Jeremy.  It would be fantastic if the song got some radio play and if Darren made a music video!

From dcriss-archive:

Aw, so nice of Tyler.  Love his support of Darren.  :happy face
fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p12uch8gOK1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

83fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Homework EP Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:54 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Homework EP

From dcriss-archive:

Wow, this is nice!  Still at top of the Singer/Songwriter Album chart!  :happy face
fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p16xpc0RI11wpi2k2o1_1280

Via Ricky Rollins’ Instagram Story (December 18th, 2017)

From Darren Criss Army:

Thank you!  :happy face
fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169uxtSq81ubd9qxo1_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169uxtSq81ubd9qxo2_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169uxtSq81ubd9qxo3_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169uxtSq81ubd9qxo4_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169uxtSq81ubd9qxo5_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169uxtSq81ubd9qxo6_1280
Homework EP liner notes/lyrics

via Darren Criss Army

Darren Criss - Foolish Thing (Official Audio)

(Source: youtube.com)

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p16522RDxj1ubd9qxo1_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p16522RDxj1ubd9qxo2_1280
https://www.youtube.com/embed/tHZpWrL89Bo

This is nice!

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169hi3bTh1ubd9qxo1_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169hi3bTh1ubd9qxo2_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169hi3bTh1ubd9qxo3_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p169hi3bTh1ubd9qxo4_1280
Homework EP album artwork

via Darren Criss Army

-

84fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I love lyrics that have a "backdrop" and make us picture a specific world. Like "Castle on the hill" (Ed Sheeran) with the British countryside.

85fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:09 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Me too, Jeremy.  It was fun to hear Darren's thoughts about knights and kingdoms as a backdrop for "Foolish Things."  :happy face  I like "The Muse" too--that's a fun song with wonderful story-telling.

86fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:14 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p1brgiUNcO1wpi2k2o1_540

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p1brgiUNcO1wpi2k2o2_540

87fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

My Homework CD and bundle came in the mail today!  heart heart heart

88fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

axs wrote:
Listen: Darren Criss sings of lasting love in 'The Day That The Dance Is Over'

Dec. 27, 2017

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_p1mxgzYO7O1tz53qh_1280
By: Lori Melton  AXS Contributor Dec 27, 2017

Darren Criss delivered a musical holiday treat to his large international fan base when he released his highly-anticipated solo EP, Homework on Dec. 15. The final track in the five-track collection is a sweeping piano ballad called “The Day That The Dance Is Over.” You can listen to the romantic song in the official audio release above. Criss sings of the kind of lasting love that remains long after the party has ended and “the day that the dance is over" in the ruminating track.

He reassures his love he's there to stay in the chorus saying, “And while there’s something to talk about, and while there’s something to say/ I promise you, I won’t be gone on the day that the dance is over- I will be your song./Keep holding on. /On the day that the dance is over I will be your song.”

Overall, Homework serves up a sweet reflection of who Darren Criss is as an artist. His “I Dreamed a Dream” cover pays beautiful homage to his University of Michigan Theater grad roots and critically-acclaimed Broadway runs in “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” and “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” His stripped back acoustic version of the heart-wrenching “Les Miserables” theme song is simply stunning. The upbeat, medieval-themed lead track “Foolish Thing” feels like something we’d hear him sing in his cherished, award-winning role as charismatic and optimistic Blaine Anderson on “Glee.” 

Furthermore, “I Don’t Mind” is a fun, acoustic guitar-driven song that carries a carefree, retro vibe. “Going Nowhere” is a melancholy song about mourning a lost love. While the song’s tone and subject matter is somber, the Emmy-nominated singer-songwriter’s vocals are notably sparkling and bright.

Homework
is a follow up to Darren Criss’s recent Computer Games collaboration which spawned the fun, ‘80s-vibed Lost Boys Life EP with his brother Chuck Criss. The captivating YouTube video for the title track stars Gaten Matarazzo of “Stranger Things” and has garnered over 500,000 views to date.

Criss performed a Homework EP Release Show which streamed live from The Globe Theatre in Los Angeles on Dec. 15. He also posted a heartfelt thank you video to his fans via social media upon the EP’s release noting, “Thanks for all of your support, really hope you enjoy my humble collection of songs. This wouldn’t have been possible without you all. It would have continued to sit in my head w/ nowhere to go. Thanks for giving it a home!”

Homework
by Darren Criss is available for purchase and streaming. Stay tuned to AXS for Darren Criss updates.
Link:  https://www.axs.com/listen-darren-criss-sings-of-lasting-love-in-the-day-that-the-dance-is-126777

Didn't have a chance to post these pics with Sirius XM Volume
fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p0zi9cmObs1ubd9qxo1_1280
@siriusxmvolume

Did you miss @DarrenCriss on #Debatable? Don’t freak out! You can find this interview On Demand on the @SIRIUSXM App!

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p0ysu6MN9d1ubd9qxo1_1280
@siriusxmvolume

Tune into #Debatable 6pm ET, to hear our conversation with @DarrenCriss discussing his EP “Homework” and his upcoming role as Andrew Cunanan in @ACSFX : The Assassination of Gianni Versace.

December 14, 2017

From dcriss-archive:

I didn't have a chance earlier, to post this interview with SiriusXM Volume (better late than never).  :happy face

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p0zi9cmObs1ubd9qxo1_1280  Track: Debatable
Artist: SiriusXM
beezlebubcustardbath:
Darren Criss on SiriusXM 15.12.17 

Really fun interview! They talk about ACS and his EP. This was the best i could do in terms of sound quality. Hope it’s ok!

via dcriss-archive

-

89fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh wow!   This is wonderful!  Way to go, Darren!

applause :bravo  

From dcriss-archive:

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p1sqnbEljP1wpi2k2o1_1280

Darren’s Homework Ep is #1 on Billboards Heatseekers Albums (December 30th, 2017) | Source

Link:  https://www.billboard.com/charts/heatseekers-albums

This is such a sweet, heartfelt message from Ricky.  I had no idea the songs on the Homework EP were recorded in homes.   Truly a labor of love. As a fan, I'm so glad I was able to contribute in a small way to Darren--as an independent artist-- being able to record and release his music on this EP  while, as Ricky said, Darren remained true to who he is as a music artist.  heart heart heart
fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p1sq5svjM41wpi2k2o1_1280
rockerrick: Holla! (Emo alert) @darrencriss is a truly prolific songwriter and lyricist. Recorded at his own home and the homes of others, this album showcases his sincerity as an artist and storyteller. Thanks to @ryanlerman for producing this EP and highlighting the honesty in Darren’s performance. Big thanks to the fans who allowed us to independently record and release this music, while staying true to Darren’s artistry. #homeworkep

Note:  This is the second time he was able to  chart on Billboard's Top Heatseekers Albums chart.    I believe he charted at 17 for his Human EP.   Source:  https://www.billboard.com/music/darren-criss/chart-history/heatseekers-albums/song/660631

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p1suauVhYt1wpi2k2o1_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p1sthn1HEB1wpi2k2o1_1280
julie_james: Before we ring in the new year, my xtra special co-host @DarrenCriss & I break down our fav theatre moments of 2017, PLUS an in-studio live performance from Darren’s new EP #Homework! Premiering 8 ET @sxmOnBroadway!

-

90fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p28uvgKjZl1wpi2k2o1_1280

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p23lzj783t1wpi2k2o1_1280
Link

-

91fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:05 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This was nice of Tyler.  :happy face

From dcriss-archive:

fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p2f2yaPTwZ1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

92fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion of Darren's Album Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I meant to post this earlier, but just ran out of time.  :happy face

He sounds good.   "I Don't Mind" is such a lovely song, and you can hear the emotion in his voice.  I really like his version of that NSYNC song ("It's Gonna Be Me"?)
Track: The Coffee House on SiriusXM
                                           Artist: Darren Criss

quirkyquantumqueen:
Darren Criss @ The Coffee House on SiriusXM, March 1st 2018

He looks cold; I know it's very cold right now in NY.
fathersontimes - Discussion of Darren's Album - Page 5 Tumblr_p4x47f4sSV1wpi2k2o1_1280
SXMCoffeeHouse: coming up at 12pmET we’ve got @DarrenCriss in-studio for an exclusive acoustic session! Hear songs off his new EP #homework and an @NSYNC cover! Ch 14 Photo: @missmaro

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum