Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post any promotional information of the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour (SF/L.A.), as well as any info that occurs before performances begin (before October 2, 2016).  

This also may be a good place to place any miscellaneous info about the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour (SF/L.A.)--but feel free to post  in any of the 3 Hedwig Tour threads.   It's all flexible!   :happy face

Great news!  Darren is playing Hedwig in L.A. and SF!!  Thank you dailydarrennews!   

From dailydarrennews:

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x42rNQwq1uetdyxo1_500
Darren Instagram

darrencriss   http://hedwigbroadway.com/pages/etc/news.php?id=177

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xad0UWP11uetdyxo1_500
hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xad0UWP11uetdyxo2_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x4ntEe341uetdyxo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x4to1o6n1uetdyxo1_500

Aw, Darren put it on his tumblr.  :happy face

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x4kdsHIl1uq7arpo1_500
darrencriss:
http://bitly.com/hedwigSFLA @HedwigOnBway

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xfekff0p1uetdyxo1_500

@Pantages: BREAKING NEWS! @DarrenCriss will star as “Hedwig” in @hedwigonbway @pantages this Nov! http://www.HollywoodPantages.com/Hedwig

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xbjtW7kf1uetdyxo1_500
Shnsf: BREAKING! @DarrenCriss stars as #HEDWIG in @hedwigonbway, reprising his critically-acclaimed performance at the SHN #GoldenGateTheatre in #SanFrancisco, October 4–30, 2016. For tickets, click the link in our bio! #HedwigSHN #HedwigTour #HedwigAndTheAngryInch #DarrenCriss

Nice Words from Stephen Trask and John Cameron Mitchell

"People as talented as Darren don’t come along all that often, so that alone is cause for excitement about his ‘Hedwig.’ What’s really cool to me is that because Darren played her on Broadway, we can launch the tour with continuity and authenticity, but at the same time we can make the show his and take advantage of how truly amazing he is."

- Stephen Trask about the casting of Darren Criss for the tour (Playbill article)

I’m delighted that my brilliant Hedwig sister wife Darren Criss will be in the vanguard of the Hedwig invasion. West coast be warned, Darren takes no prisoners!

- John Cameron Mitchell about Darren kicking off the Hedwig Tour ( Playbill.com)

Media Coverage:

EW:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/09/darren-criss-hedwig-angry-inch-national-tour?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x30zH0t81qe6vjyo1_500

playbill:
Darren Criss Will Launch Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x4to1o6n1uetdyxo2_500
variety

Hollywood Reporter:

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x4to1o6n1uetdyxo3_500

hollywood reporter

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x4to1o6n1uetdyxo4_500
broadway.com

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x4to1o6n1uetdyxo5_500

broadwayworld

New York Times Article

Billboard

The Mercury News

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xaottuQL1uetdyxo3_r1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xaottuQL1uetdyxo5_r1_500

NBC New York

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xaottuQL1uetdyxo2_r2_500

NewYork.com

4YourExcitement -4YE

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:22 am; edited 11 times in total

2hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Empty Darren in Hedwig in L.A. and SF Mon May 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

More from dailydarrennews:

For those buying tickets for the Hedwig shows in L.A. and SF, please note that Darren will be absent from some performances

From SF shows:

Darren Criss will appear as Hedwig in all performances, except Wednesday matinee, October 5 at 2pm, and Wednesday evenings, October 12, 19 and 26 at 8pm. || Source (shnsf.com)

From the Los Angeles shows (absences):

Darren Criss will NOT appear as “Hedwig” in the following performances: Sunday, November 6th at 6:30pm; Sunday, November 13th at 6:30pm; Sunday, November 20th at 6:30pm & Friday, November 25th at 8:00pm. | Source (hollywoodpantages.com)

Nice tweets from friends:

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xaottuQL1uetdyxo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xaottuQL1uetdyxo4_r1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x6u8xE3W1uetdyxo2_r1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x6u8xE3W1uetdyxo3_r1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x6u8xE3W1uetdyxo5_r1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x76kb4WN1uetdyxo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x5ysqCWr1uetdyxo1_500

Aw, Joaquin.  :happy face

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6xfvqgKfD1uetdyxo1_500

And of course, congrats from St. Ignatius!   :lol:

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o6x6u8xE3W1uetdyxo4_r1_500

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

How exciting that Darren's Hedwig eyes are on the Hollywood Pantages Theatre!   I was just in that area last weekend, would have loved to have seen those eyes!  :amused 

November just seems so far away. . .  Neutral 

But I realize how very lucky and fortunate I am to be able to see Darren again in Hedwig, playing such an iconic character, in a performance that packs a powerfully emotional punch to the heart.

From dailydarrennews:

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o7ju256ZrT1uetdyxo1_500
@curtmega: I’d recognize those dreamy eyes anywhere. cc: @DarrenCriss - but seriously this is so cool. Can’t wait to see it!

Thank you Curt Mega!  Ha!  "I'd recognize those dreamy eyes anywhere."   He's been such a supportive friend of Darren.  :love

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

4hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Empty Lena Hall in Hedwig (L.A. and SF) Tue May 24, 2016 6:51 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

So Lena Hall is going to be playing Yitzhak for the SF and L.A. stops of the tour. 

And she is playing Hedwig once a week (as well as also playing Yitzhak) for both locales. 

In SF, Lena will be playing Hedwig for these dates:

Sunday October 9  at 7 pm
Wed     October 12 at 8 pm
Wed     October 19 at 8 pm
Wed.    October 26 at 8 pm

In L.A., she will be playing Hedwig on these dates:

Sunday Nov.  6 at 6:30 pm
Sunday Nov. 13 at 6:30 pm
Sunday Nov. 20 at 6:30 pm
Friday   Nov. 25 at 8:00 pm

hedwigbroadway.com
shnsf.com
hollywoodpantages
broadway.com

5hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Empty Hedwig Thu May 26, 2016 1:24 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o7qg39VqoN1uetdyxo1_500

A show on October 2 (Sunday) at 2 pm was added to the SF venue.
hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o7qzftKnMZ1uetdyxo1_500
@HedwigOnBway: Hedwig likes to be early. Added show Oct 2 in San Francisco w/ @DarrenCriss @LenaRockerHall⚡️ http://HedwigTour.com

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o7qzklt0jK1uetdyxo1_500
HedwigBroadway.com’s new layout

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o7qzo4U4yb1uetdyxo1_500
Updated bio on HedwigBroadway.com

I just realized that Hedwig and the Angry Inch is not part of the shnsf.com season package (whereas it is part of the season package for the Hollywood Pantages).   :cry     shnsf.com

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:23 am; edited 4 times in total

6hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Empty hedwigonbway Thu May 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Every time I see this photo, it just blows my mind.  Such an amazing moment captured.  I love how much Darren invites  his fans to feel part of a community of love and passion for theater, and how much he expresses his gratitude for their support.

From dailydarrennews:
hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o7t5udhhFS1uetdyxo1_500

hedwigonbway TBT Darren (on top of a car) saying danke after his last show as #HedwigOnBway in July 2015. This fall, @darrencriss @lenarockerhall @titsofclaytravel west to San Francisco & L.A. HedwigTour.com

Note:  Here is his closing speech (for Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway) to his fans:

"I’m going to do it this way and then you can catch it on Youtube, alright? So, here’s the deal, I wanted to say something onstage but it just didn’t seem appropriate at the time, so a couple of things. First of all, I never thought I’d be given the opportunity or be in the position to open for Taye Diggs, so that’s really exciting. I get to do that (that was a joke). So um, what is there to say? There’s a couple of thank yous I was going to give, but I’m going to give them in person to friends at this next party. But first of all, guys, it’s our good friend Bobby Devlin’s last night. Bobby has been with every Hedwig and he’s worked his ass off to keep you guys safe and keep everyone happy. Number two, the American theater has a lot of amazing things, we have this very rich history of really kickass theaters and shows and characters and John Cameron Mitchell has given us one of the greatest, like the greatest character to add to the American lexicon of great theater, and I feel so incredibly proud to have been part of that narrative. Like a lot of you guys, I was a huge fan for a long time so I know what it’s like to be a fan and to wait out here at stage doors and to come back and come back get that picture and get that autograph - I know what it’s like to be really moved by something. So, I wanted to thank you guys for waiting out here in this crazy heat and the ticket prices and all that crazy shit, it all means being part of something that is greater than ourselves so I share that very much with you guys and I thank you for the bottomest parts of my heart for waiting all this time and being part of this. This isn’t just my show, it’s all of our show, and you guys are very much a part of it with me and you’ve made it such an incredible experience. I know a lot of guys are involved in theater and stuff - it’s been such a privilege to be able to share that magic that I got from the show and recycle it back to you guys. I think that’s very appropriate. So having said that, I hope to look forward to seeing any of you guys, whether it be here, somewhere in some small theater whether it’s backstage or onstage, I look forward to seeing you guys taking this on in your own way, doing it, putting on some heels, and kicking ass. So, I wish you all the best and I’ll catch you guys on the midnight radio."
— Darren Criss’s speech at the stage door after his final performance as Hedwig (via lovetheblazer)
via darrencriss-news

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total

7hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Empty Lena and Darren Sat May 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Cute (from the past) photo of Darren with Lena.

From dailydarrennews:

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o7ug0nu5jY1uetdyxo1_500
lenarockerhall This Memorial Day weekend I will be planning my forthcoming nuptials to my 5th wife @darrencriss @hedwigonbway @titsofclay #yitzogram #hedwigram

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total

8hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Empty At last! Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:36 am

After 7 years as a fan, I will FINALLY get see Darren perform live… as Hedwig no less.  I am beside myself with giddy anticipation. October will be an awesome month for this Darren fan!

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) GHmPpsp
source: unknown

My sincerest appreciation will always go out to those fans that have videoed/recorded all of Darren’s performances–from those early pre-Glee small club gigs to his amazing recent endeavors. They will never know just how grateful this fangirl has been as I got to live vicariously through their recordings a bit.

But I’ve always known that recordings cannot ever compare to being there live. I cannot wait to sit in the theater and just soak in the experience of Darren giving and leaving his all on that San Francisco stage along with Lena Hall and the Tits of Clay.  <3

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) YKAuoB6
source: unknown

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv!

Lilikoiluv wrote:After 7 years as a fan, I will FINALLY get see Darren perform live… as Hedwig no less.  I am beside myself with giddy anticipation. October will be an awesome month for this Darren fan!

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) GHmPpsp

I'm so happy for you, Lilikoiluv, that you are getting the chance to finally see Darren in one of his events!!!  clapping hands oh yeah dance! 

I loved Darren in Hedwig on Broadway.  I hope you will love his performance too!  I have a strong feeling you will! :amused

Lilikoiluv wrote:My sincerest appreciation will always go out to those fans that have videoed/recorded all of Darren’s performances–from those early pre-Glee small club gigs to his amazing recent endeavors. They will never know just how grateful this fangirl has been as I got to live vicariously through their recordings a bit.

We are so indebted to those fans who share their pics, audio recordings and videos with others who can't attend.   It means a lot to us.    Some day, I really hope he has some events internationally so that his international fans also can see him live. 

I cannot wait to hear your thoughts after you've seen him, Lilikoiluv!     I would recommend getting there early and just adjusting to the reality that you really are there to see him perform live.  :amused   I know that sounds weird, but when I was sitting in the Belasco Theatre, I swear I could not believe it, that I was finally going to see Darren in something live, in person!  

That was the first event that I saw him in person, in May 2015.   And when he appeared on stage, it honestly felt a little surreal.  I think you are pretty close to the stage too.  You know, one thing to warn you about, because I was taken by surprise, is that I think Darren can actually see some of the people in the front section of the audience.    I was in the 6th row from the stage and was sitting in an aisle seat, and I had the biggest, stupid grin on my face, when he was singing his first song, "Tear Me Down," because (1)  I was soooo happy for him!  The energy that he was putting into this song was amazing, and he looked like he was living his dream there on stage!, and (2) I could not believe I was actually seeing him live!   Anyway, I had assumed the lights would be too bright for him to really make eye contact with the audience members.  It could be just be wishful thinking (not a surprise, right?  :amused ), but I honestly think when he was in my vicinity, he made eye contact with me when he was singing "Tear Me Down."    After it continued for a few more seconds, hell, then I realized he probably could see me and others in the audience and then all of a sudden, I felt self-conscious.   He quickly broke eye contact at that moment.  Again, it could just be my imagination, but I have read others saying they felt he had made eye contact with them in the front sections (although again, take this with a grain of salt), so it's possible that he would look for friendly faces in the audience to focus on while performing. 

Lilikoiluv wrote:But I’ve always known that recordings cannot ever compare to being there live. I cannot wait to sit in the theater and just soak in the experience of Darren giving and leaving his all on that San Francisco stage along with Lena Hall and the Tits of Clay.  <3
Enlarge this image
hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) YKAuoB6

I cannot wait to hear what you think, Lilikoiluv (although I can sorta guess.  :amused )!    Having known you for a while and having seen him in Hedwig, I really think it's going to be cherished by you! 

Oh and another (possible) tip, although I don't know if this will apply either to the Hollywood Pantages or to the SF theater.  When I went to see him in the Belasco in NYC, it was FREEZING!   I've been to loads of films and to several theater productions in L.A., and a few in SF when I used to live in northern Cal, but never, ever have I experienced a theater this cold.  I was so cold, it was uncomfortable.  I was actually shivering with cold.  This was in May in NYC and it already was becoming humid and hot outside, but inside, it was absolutely freezing.   I neglected to bring a sweater to the theater since it was hot outside.  I really did regret that decision.    I wondered if the Belasco Theatre did this because they knew all the actors playing Hedwig sweat up a storm, with the lead actor being so physically active in the show.  Anyway, bring a light sweater.

Haha!  And Lilikoiluv, I LOVE your gif.  So funny.   :biggrin.png:   (And it may be the first time--although vicariously through Darren's potty mouth--I have seen you curse!  ha!)

And now I'm curious.  What was that gif taken from?  What was it that was gong to make Darren cry?  Was it being in Hedwig?  Or was it playing at the Fillmore in SF for his Listen Up Tour?

Poppy wrote:Some day, I really hope he has some events internationally so that his international fans also can see him live.
 :cry
Sometimes I feel slightly tempted because the first two weeks in SF are during my semester break, so I'd have the time to go... then the rational side of my brain kicks in and reminds me that it would still be too expensive. But I'm sure I'll get my chance eventually, and for now I'm happy you both get to see him (finally / again)!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lin,

Lin wrote:
 hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) 3129030996
Sometimes I feel slightly tempted because the first two weeks in SF are during my semester break, so I'd have the time to go... then the rational side of my brain kicks in and reminds me that it would still be too expensive. But I'm sure I'll get my chance eventually, and for now I'm happy you both get to see him (finally / again)!

Aw, Lin, I understand.  It's frustrating.   I can imagine it would be very expensive, and that's such a big consideration.   I really wish he would do something internationally.    

And thank you for being happy for us.  You are so sweet.  And I am hopeful that he will do something internationally in the future.   Maybe he will do some theater production at the West End, or if he releases an album and does a tour, he'll make some stops internationally.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Hedwig pic is up at the Hollywood Pantages!   How exciting! 

From dailydarrennews:

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o9nbd1khW01uetdyxo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o9nbd1khW01uetdyxo2_500
Darren’s Hedwig poster is now up at the Pantages Theater in Los Angeles (x/x)

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_o9nn8xMxOb1uetdyxo1_500
Pantages Theatre - July 1, 2016 | Source
hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Up1EsA28_bigger Erick@Erickcourage
    THISSS :heart eyes :heart eyes :heart eyes    Darren Criss IS Hedwig  :heart eyes :heart eyes :heart eyes :heart eyes

This same person has tweeted a good pic of Darren's Hedwig eyes on the Hollywood Pantages Theatre. 
@Erickcourage

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Great stuff! clapping hands It's so cool to see him up on that billboard.
Liliokuv that's awesome you're going to see him! Poppy, you're going as well right? Don't forgot to leave your reviews/pics etc here afterwards!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi dusty!

dusty wrote:Liliokuv that's awesome you're going to see him! Poppy, you're going as well right? Don't forgot to leave your reviews/pics etc here afterwards!

Yes, I'm so lucky.  I am going to see him during his first week at the Hollywood Pantages with my husband, and then again, during his last week at the Hollywood venue, with blaykee (and hubbie too).     I finally get to meet blaykee!  :happy face  Am so looking forward to meeting her.  

I'm very fortunate that I get to see him in the Los Angeles shows.   I also am really looking forward to seeing him near the end of his California run in Hedwig and the Angry Inch.  I think I saw him in his 3rd week on Broadway.   But now he will be in SF first for 4 weeks, and then another 4 weeks in L.A. after SF.   I'm curious to see how he has fine-tuned his performance by the last week in the show in L.A.

I definitely will post my reviews about the two shows.  Not sure about pics, but I'm sure we will get lots of better pics than I could take from fans.  :happy face

Cool! I'm so happy for you! That's awesome you get to meet Blaykee too. It shall be interesting to see if he changes his performance somewhat from when he was on Broadway. I guess the jokes will be more 'current'.  He's gonna totally rock out! I'm so jealous of you guys! Razz

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, thanks dusty.  That's so sweet of you.   I wish you could see it too, dusty.  I know you love rock music and that you would love to see Darren performing Stephen Trask's great punk/rock music in Hedwig.

Yes!   It will be interesting to see how he changes his California performances from his Broadway performances.    I agree, I think his jokes would be more current and also he'll have fun making fun of the Hollywood scene/types, especially in the L.A. shows.   Probably some references to TMZ and celebrity gossip!   :big grin

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_oaak1dwiWn1r9uungo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_oaak1dwiWn1r9uungo2_500
lemonlimeon:
They had Hedwig costumes at the Pantages and it was life changing.
via theatrevicki

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

In a little more than two months, Darren will be playing Hedwig again, this time in his home town (and Lena Hall's home town).   So exciting! 

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_oakur4N43p1uetdyxo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_oakugq1eys1uetdyxo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_oakv0y3svU1uetdyxo1_500

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_oaxm9n6b2e1uetdyxo1_500
via SHNsnaps on Snapchat
dailydarrennews

hedwigandtheangryinch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) Tumblr_oaqa330XGL1ubd9qxo1_1280
Hedwig Tour Tickets SF  [@shnsf]
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Playbill wrote:
Who Will Play Yitzhak when Lena Hall is Hedwig on Tour?

It was previously announced that Tony winner Lena Hall will play the role of Hedwig for one performance a week in the San Francisco and Los Angeles engagements of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. But her co-star, Darren Criss, won’t be playing Yitzhak, the role Hall will play seven times a week.

“When I did it on Broadway, all of the Hedwigs did it for seven shows a week,” says Criss in an upcoming interview with Playbill.com. “So when you take it on tour, a lot of these theatres, which are used to subscriber-based sales [and] an eight-show week, you’ve got to have someone else do that show, so Lena is going to do it, and I’m beyond excited for that. I can’t wait to see that show!

“You know what, I thought about [playing Yitzhak]. I really did! I thought that would be really cool, but then I realized I couldn’t hold a candle to who we do have as Yitzhak, who is Shannon [Conley], who is our amazing understudy for the role. I’m going to stay out of that one, man. That’s for the ladies!”

-Playbill

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum