Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour--SF and L.A.

SF:  October 2-30, 2016  (SHN Golden Gate Theatre)

L.A.:  November 1-27, 2016 (Hollywood Pantages Theatre)

Please feel free to use this thread to post pics and gifs of Darren as Hedwig at the SF and L.A. venues for the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour.

Also, feel free to post videos from the media, as well as stage door videos and curtain call videos.

Please feel free to use this thread to post about any of Darren's friends, former cast members, as well as any other noteworthy persons, who attend Darren's performances in Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the SF and L.A. venues for the tour.

However, please do not post any bootleg videos here taken of Darren's actual performances in Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the two theaters, due to copyright infringement.   Thank you!  hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  3308115737

To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply."

If you would like me to start a new thread (Topic) that is within the Category of Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour), please let me know. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask either here or you can PM me.   Don't be shy!

I am so looking forward to Darren performing in this wonderful musical again! 

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour at SHN Golden Gate Theatre in San Francisco:   October 2 - 30, 2016.

I did not know at all that there was a dress rehearsal for tonight in SF!   YEA!

From dailydarrennews:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oee8m8bnfS1uetdyxo1_500
costalotta16 Front row at Hedwig dress, nbd. #darrencriss #shn #saturdaywiththehomies #theater

From DarrenCrissArmy:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oednr6guTV1ubd9qxo1_1280

# Repost timmymislock

Beautiful and potentially haunted home for the next 5 weeks. #shnsf #hedwigtour http://ift.tt/2dOxsJg

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Ok this is the day!   The Hedwig tour opens up today in SF with Darren and Lena!   Yea! 

A cute lil' fun video of Darren, Mason Alexander Park (Darren's Standby), and Paul McGill during a break.  :happy face

masonalexanderpark In honor of this goober’s first preview as Hedwig in San Fran, here is a heinous video of us bumbling out way through heads up with @paul_mcgill_ on a break during tech. Break all the legs you sexy man @darrencriss #hedwigandtheangryinch #hedwigtour #darrencriss #headsup

October 02 2016
dailydarrennews

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefr1g3UQV1uetdyxo1_500
Production of Hedwig has its own geo filter on Snapchat | source
October 02 2016

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeftescahv1qeegj9o1_1280
fallenjunkie:
davidbinderarts: Hedwig in San Francisco begins today. With @lenarockerhall @darrencriss @stephentrask
October 02 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeftsrQauA1uetdyxo1_500
calmisty Here we go!!! Show # 1 of ??? @shnsf @hedwigonbway @darrencriss @lenarockerhall #darrencriss #darrenishedwig #goldengatetheatre
October 02 2016

So is this a screen (see below pic), versus having all the little parts hanging over the stage?

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefu4q5XKH1uetdyxo1_1280
@struckbyColfer I’m dying. Will said the stage and show is different from NY. Now I see!!
October 02 2016
dailydarrennews

Ooh, pics from yesterday's dress rehearsal!
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefueoujPS1uetdyxo1_500
From Hedwig’s dress rehearsal on October 1st, 2016 | source
October 02 2016

Love this portrait by Michael Arthur, who is a Brooklyn-based artist who specializes in drawing about theater, dance and music. 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefujiPpfM1uetdyxo1_1280

michael arthur‏ Last week, I watched invited dress rehearsal of @HedwigOnBway tour with @DarrenCriss – San Francisco is in for a treat. #sketchbook
October 02 2016
dailydarrennews

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

You're so on top of everything, Poppy!  Thanks so much for posting all of the exciting new bits!  I can't believe that Hedwig is currently playing to her first preview crowd right now!  

The photos from yesterday's dress rehearsal with family and friends are FABULOUS!  I was wondering how Tommy would look with Darren's short hair, but from what little we can see, it looks great!  He still looks boyish and stunning as usual!

The explosion in the back of the stage looks great.  I guess it's a bit easier to transport  and set up/take down than all of those hanging pieces. lol. This is probably my imagination running away with me, but is that Darren's dad standing in that pic?  

THE PLAYBILL HAS DARREN'S HEDWIG EYES ON IT! I repeat, THE PLAYBILL HAS DARREN'S HEDWIG EYES!!! :very happy excited

I'm so glad they're keeping the "Hurt Locker" faux Playbills. I hope I get to snatch one when we attend. Did any of you that were lucky enough to attend the NYC show get one?  I heard it is not blank inside but has some cleverly written things.  Is that true?

And I like that Hedwig's Tour has its own geo filter for snapchat . . . not that I would have any idea how to take advantage of that!  lol.  It's very cool though! 

Speaking of snapchat, Mia posted a very cute video of her walking up to Darren's Hedwig boards in front of the theater in a "star" dress.  That is so cute.  heart

That head's up game video with Darren, Mason, and Paul was fun to watch. The Hedwig family seems like a close one and that makes my heart smile. 

I've been enjoying all of the supportive tweets from Playbill, Paul, etc. regarding today's opening night!  Can't wait to see the tweets/instagrams that will be showing up after today's show! 

So sorry for the long, text-heavy post. 
Me? Excited? Pshaw! :amused

ETA:  Here's another look at the stage from someone who is sitting in the first row: 

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeftaneEzW1qkcgv5o1_500
oraclewendybird
Front row nbd…

Lucky girl!  :happy face

Last edited by Lilikoiluv on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Love your excitement, Lilikoiluv!   I'm sooo excited tooo!    I need to be off somewhere.  I will return!!

I'm so proud and happy!  

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefzpp2wVD1uetdyxo1_500
Michael Mayer‏ San Francisco put up their hands for @HedwigOnBway #soproud
x

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefzudmR281uetdyxo1_500
x
:cry :so happy

So many effusive tweets of praise!  Here are a few that DDN has posted.  I'm sure more will be forthcoming!

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg0it1kkS1uetdyxo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg0it1kkS1uetdyxo2_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg0it1kkS1uetdyxo3_500

x

First preview curtain call!  Look at those faces! 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg0msMx2v1uetdyxo1_500

thedivax SLAY QUEENS #hedwig #sf #heslay #darrencriss #amazing #rightnow @darrencriss 

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg1b1MZY61uetdyxo1_500

Curtain call from opening night on October 2nd, 2016 | source

Sooo proud and happy for everyone involved in this production!  BRAVO! 

** confused I'm not sure if you will be allowing spoilers, or how you would like them posted if they are allowed, Poppy. I removed the spoilers I initially posted, just in case you don't want them posted at all, or in this general thread. Let me know what you think.  :thank you

Last edited by Lilikoiluv on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Look at the stage door for today!
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  CtzRxvyUIAEE8HZ
Danica Chan ‏@SaysDanica  5m5 minutes ago[size=1]SHN Golden Gate Theatre[/size]
.@DarrenCriss and cast just had a great first performance of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Get tickets while you can SF!

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg09wbwX01uetdyxo1_500

@TodayonBroadway Stage Door. First show done. Perfection. Better than ever. @LenaRockerHall @DarrenCriss #DarrenIsHedwig #HedwigSHN

And some of the merchandise for sale from DDN: 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg02coAR71uetdyxo1_500
@mcalteach Some new merch. @HedwigOnBway @DarrenCriss #DarrenIsHedwig

Is that Darren's EP on the merchandise wall?  You mean in addition to all of the Hedwig goodies, I will finally be able to replace my "Human" EP?   8)

The prices look a bit steep to me though.  wha?

One more clearer curtain call photo from DDN:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg2zvQQbE1uetdyxo1_540
@LaurenMColman Go see Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Golden Gate. Darren Criss was amazing! 

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lilikoiluv, Thank you sooooo much for posting all the wonderful photos and comments!   Aw, this is so wonderful that Darren gets this opportunity once again to shine in a show that he loves so much!  :love

Lilikoiluv wrote:The photos from yesterday's dress rehearsal with family and friends are FABULOUS!  I was wondering how Tommy would look with Darren's short hair, but from what little we can see, it looks great!  He still looks boyish and stunning as usual

Yes, he looks great! 

That screen with the explosion does look great!   And yes, that makes sense what you said, Lilikoiluv, that it would be much easier to transport a screen from city-to-city for the tour, than to have to hang all those parts for each venue. 

That couple on the right in this  photo does look like Darren's dad and mom, doesn't it?  

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefu4q5XKH1uetdyxo1_1280
@struckbyColfer I’m dying. Will said the stage and show is different from NY. Now I see!!
October 02 2016
dailydarrennews

Lilikoiluv wrote:THE PLAYBILL HAS DARREN'S HEDWIG EYES ON IT! I repeat, THE PLAYBILL HAS DARREN'S HEDWIG EYES!!! hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  3669522392 hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  3173298380

Yea!   I love that!   Thank you for noticing that, Lilikoiluv!   How wonderful!  applause 

So cool that they kept the "Hurt Locker" Playbills.   You know, I was not one of the lucky ones to get one of those.  I don't know what is inside of those.  Does anyone know? 

Lilikoiluv wrote:
And I like that Hedwig's Tour has its own geo filter for snapchat . . . not that I would have any idea how to take advantage of that!  lol.  It's very cool though!

Because I'm one of those folks who don't know anything about Snapchat, what does it mean to have its own geo filter? 

Lilikoiluv, if you want, go ahead and post the video of Mia in front of Darren's Hedwig boards.  Or if you want me to, just post the link or PM me the link, I'll do it.  The video  sounds cute.  I haven't seen that on dailydarrennews, so that must be on tumblr?

Lilikoiluv wrote:That head's up game video with Darren, Mason, and Paul was fun to watch. The Hedwig family seems like a close one and that makes my heart smile.

They seem to be very comfortable with each other.  It definitely made me smile to see them having fun and getting along so well.  :happy face 

Lilikoiluv wrote:
I've been enjoying all of the supportive tweets from Playbill, Paul, etc. regarding today's opening night!  Can't wait to see the tweets/instagrams that will be showing up after today's show!

Talk about being on top of things, you are on top of all the Darren-related/Hedwig-related news, Lilikoiluv!

Lilikoiluv wrote:Me? Excited? Pshaw! hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  3295213406

haha!   You're not alone, Lilikoiluv!    I'm excited too!   I'm so happy to see the pics and the lovely tweets about how well the performances went!   I like that pic you posted from someone who had front row seats! 

Great pic!  How touching!  Thanks for posting this photo and all the other photos and comments, Lilikoiluv! 
Enlarge this image
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefzpp2wVD1uetdyxo1_500
Michael Mayer‏ San Francisco put up their hands for @HedwigOnBway #soproud
x

Aw, love the messages from Stephen Trask and Michael Mayer!  Very touching!    Also loving all the nice tweets about Darren's performance!   So glad folks who were not able to see the show on Broadway  are able to see it on the West coast (and soon, other cities too)!

Lilikoiluv wrote:Sooo proud and happy for everyone involved in this production!  BRAVO!

I second that, Lilikoiluv!  :bravo

Lilikoiluv wrote:** hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Confused I'm not sure if you will be allowing spoilers, or how you would like them posted if they are allowed, Poppy. I removed the spoilers I initially posted, just in case you don't want them posted at all, or in this general thread. Let me know what you think.  hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  3606460850

Thanks for asking, Lilikoiluv.  I think most of Darren's fans know so much about the show because of the Broadway shows.   I don't mind the little spoilers that are specific to the SF and L.A. shows that are not really plot-related (like the glasses being tossed to the audience) because folks will soon find out on tumblr.  I think it's ok to post without any spoiler tags.  If anyone rather have spoiler tags, just PM me and we will try to do them.   I won't mention any names, of course. :happy face

Nice pics of the stage door and merchandise, Lilikoiluv.  Thanks again for posting everything!    We appreciate it!

I love the curtain call pics.  So proud of Darren!

EDIT:  Sorry, I just realized, Lilikoiluv, that your question about spoilers was about the new jokes Darren made for the SF shows.   You know, I don't mind if those are posted without spoiler tags.  But again, if anyone does mind, just PM me or say it in a post/comment and we will try to use spoiler tags.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

A nice pic at curtain call. 

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg3f3BWWb1uetdyxo1_1280
theshirin Darren Criss slaying as Hedwig. Will go see him again. Highly recommend.

October 02 2016

Thanks again to Lilikoiluv for posting all these great photos and comments!  :hug

A nice pic inside the SHN Golden Gate Theatre.
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg6m359wV1uetdyxo1_1280
whits.wonderland "To be free, one must give up a part of oneself.“ #HedwigAndTheAngryInch #DarrenCriss #goldengatetheatre
October 02 2016

A nice little video by the lovely yanks02, of Darren being gracious and practical--thanking fans for coming and saying he will sign, but that it's not practical to take photos with every individual, especially given the area where the theater is located.

yanks02:

The sun all kinds of effed the quality up but here’s Darren talking at the stage door.

dailydarrennews

Some nice pics at stage door and fan messages.  :happy face

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg4sqPZjn1qkcgv5o4_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg5dlqIS71uetdyxo1_500
@ryanronquillo  Dreams come true! Finally met @DarrenCriss #HedwigSHN :heart eyes :heart eyes

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg61xIW3A1uetdyxo1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg61xIW3A1uetdyxo2_1280
kiddcookieface Finally got see@darrencriss as Hedwig, YASS!!  #hedwigandtheangryinch #hedwig #darrencriss #hedwigshn #shn#sanfrancisco #glee #blaineanderson #gleek

thedivax #darrencriss #yummy #sf #hedwigandtheangryinch @darrencriss #slay

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg5p6Mqnj1qchwkqo4_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg5p6Mqnj1qchwkqo7_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg5p6Mqnj1qchwkqo8_500
dreamsinajarcant:
Some photos of Darren at the stage door today after the matinee of “Hedwig”. October 2, 2016.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hmmm.  Having 4 threads for Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. shows may not be necessary, and gets sorta complicated.  What do you guys think?  Should we just combine the 4 threads?  

We could do just one thread for the SF show --for the time period October 2-October 30.   So I would combine the one thread for Pics/stage door videos/curtain call videos, with the other three threads of Who Saw Darren, Fan Reviews, and Media Reviews.  It would be easier to post that way.  

And then I could do another separate thread for the L.A. shows (for the time period of November 1-27).    Does anyone have any thoughts?  Let me know if you have a preference.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From @DarrenArmy:

Note:  @reggieAqui is a news anchor for ABC7 News Bay Area. 

From DarrenCrissArmy:

A  nice tweet from @HedwigOnBway:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg7t1iSMS1ubd9qxo1_1280
via DarrenCrissArmy

These are nice pics (with a cute message):
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg6f7qSOk1ubd9qxo1_1280
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg6f7qSOk1ubd9qxo2_1280
Source:  @mcalteach
via DarrenCrissArmy

Lilikoiluv, is this the video you were talking about with Mia?  I did not have a chance to check DarrenCrissArmy, until now.  I had to play with the dimensions a bit.

via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

This is a nice pic:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeghwwJjFL1uetdyxo1_1280
Curtain call October 2nd, 2016 via laurenmcolman’s Instagram story
dailydarrennews

Poppy wrote:Lilikoiluv, Thank you sooooo much for posting all the wonderful photos and comments!   Aw, this is so wonderful that Darren gets this opportunity once again to shine in a show that he loves so much!  :love
My pleasure! And thank you for posting all of the beautiful stagedoor photos and praising tweets! I especially loved the curtain call one of Darren pointing to the band members. It was all so glorious, wasn't it? 

Poppy wrote:
That couple on the right in this  photo does look like Darren's dad and mom, doesn't it?   
October 02 2016
dailydarrennews
Okay, I'm glad I wasn't imagining things.  I had to laugh at myself though--the things that catch a Darren fan's attention in a simple stage pic.    :blush

Poppy wrote:Because I'm one of those folks who don't know anything about Snapchat, what does it mean to have its own geo filter?  
I don't have snapchat so I'm not sure, but I gather that it's the "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" frame that one can use when taking videos? They had one for Elsie Fest too, iirc. 

Poppy wrote:I think it's ok to post without any spoiler tags.  If anyone rather have spoiler tags, just PM me and we will try to do them.   I won't mention any names, of course. :happy face
EDIT:  Sorry, I just realized, Lilikoiluv, that your question about spoilers was about the new jokes Darren made for the SF shows.   You know, I don't mind if those are posted without spoiler tags.  But again, if anyone does mind, just PM me or say it in a post/comment and we will try to use spoiler tags.
Okay, thanks Poppy! Perhaps I'll add spoiler tags to these first ones until you're able to hear back from most members, just in case.

Here's one of my favorite pics from yesterday's stage door: 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg5l1hPHg1ubd9qxo1_500
darrenarmy#Repost @raziiel12 
sad he couldn't take pics, but he is so talented and the show was so so so good!!#darrencriss  

x

Darren looked so happy and relaxed at the stage door yesterday. I'm amazed that he could do that after such an intense performance.  But then again, he is Darren Criss.  :big grin

And Darren was wearing the perfect t-shirt yesterday!
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg6igQO8x1qdc1qyo1_500
bandwagonjumping:
(Not so) suddenly he’s this punk rock star of stage and screen and he ain’t never turning back!
At the stage door after the first performance of the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour in San Francisco, CA on October 2, 2016.
Topman AMPLIFIED Sex Pistols T-Shirt - no longer available
But this one is nearly identical and just $13.99!
x

Here's an interesting comment from a fan (I've copied only one of the many pics in her post since they were all similar to ones that have already been posted. You can view her entire post at the "x" link):
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oegewwWZKK1qki6k1o10_500
sacteachv2:
Loved everything about this first show! The SF references were great and the combo of Lena and Darren was amazing. It seemed like Darren hadn’t taken any time off- he was right back in the role without hesitation. He got some fun lines in - talked about Darren Criss, referenced Lea Michele and got a dig in about If/Then. So glad the “Chris Col-fur” line is gone. Some elements were a little different but they worked. Not used to major cheering after WLT curious to see if that changes. Both Michael and Darren confirmed that LA is it for Darren and Lena and there will be a new group for other cities. Pretty much knew that but hearing it directly was good. Stage door was interesting but Darren made sure to sign for everyone. Going back on Tuesday and can’t wait!
x
Her comments on how strong the performances were and how well the show went make me so happy. It seems that she also got confirmation from both Darren and Michael Mayer that Darren and Lena will be doing just San Francisco and Los Angeles. Things could change, I guess, especially if Lena's performances go well--she seems to have had a fantastic (as we all knew) final dress rehearsal last night with family and friends.

I thought this was cute from Mia's snapchat:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg1dpMuMD1qbool4o1_500
x
So true!  :laughing
And thank you for posting Mia's little Hedwig vid, Poppy! I liked that she wore a "star" dress to Darren's first preview. He truly shined "like the brightest star" yesterday!

**SPOILERS** (just in case)

Those glasses from the earlier BTS photo are an actual prop! 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg0zjkQpV1ubd9qxo1_500
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg0zjkQpV1ubd9qxo2_500
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg0zjkQpV1ubd9qxo3_500
x

From DarrenCrissArmy
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oefzvhYoZV1ubd9qxo1_500
x

This is brilliant! I can just hear it: "All the privileges of homosexuality and none of the responsibilities!" :laughing  According to others, the audience loved it!

And a new Glee reference:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg47gdOPT1uetdyxo1_500
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg47gdOPT1uetdyxo2_500

x  I think this is khal-blaine on tumblr. She has a whole bunch of Glee memorabilia, lots of Blaine's clothes, including Blaine's Dalton Blazer from the Ellen Show.  She flew in that morning for the show, and then flew out that night so she could be at work at 8 a.m. this morning!

Poppy wrote:Hmmm.  Having 4 threads for Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. shows may not be necessary, and gets sorta complicated.  What do you guys think?  Should we just combine the 4 threads?  

We could do just one thread for the SF show --for the time period October 2-October 30.   So I would combine the one thread for Pics/stage door videos/curtain call videos, with the other three threads of Who Saw Darren, Fan Reviews, and Media Reviews.  It would be easier to post that way.  

And then I could do another separate thread for the L.A. shows (for the time period of November 1-27).    Does anyone have any thoughts?  Let me know if you have a preference.
That makes sense, Poppy.  There will probably be a ton of pics, videos, and reviews for each city, so splitting them sounds great. 

Thank you for keeping the pre-opening stuff in a separate thread for us to look back to. 

I realize having the reviews in one thread makes more sense and is less awkward when deciding where to post things, but I must admit that I really have enjoyed the nostalgia of reading through the NYC review thread that you've so meticulously compiled. That said, I'm fine with whatever everyone decides is best.  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Love your new posts, Lilikoiluv!

Thanks for the answer about Snapchat, Lilikoiluv!

Cute pic!  He does look relaxed and happy!
Lilikoiluv wrote:
Here's one of my favorite pics from yesterday's stage door:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeg5l1hPHg1ubd9qxo1_500
darrenarmy#Repost @raziiel12 
sad he couldn't take pics, but he is so talented and the show was so so so good!!#darrencriss  

x

Darren looked so happy and relaxed at the stage door yesterday. I'm amazed that he could do that after such an intense performance.  But then again, he is Darren Criss.  hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  2780594425

ha!  Darren is so full of energy, that not only did the intense performance of Hedwig at the preview and doing stagedoor not make a dent in his boundless amount of energy (he is the Energizer Bunny after all), but he went to an event after.  That's Darren. :amused    He has a day off today, so he could sleep in. 

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeh273lZRo1uetdyxo1_500
AsiaSF Honored to have @DarrenCriss and @HedwigOnBway at #AsiaSF tonight

Note:  I saw the above pic at Asia SF last night and thought:  "Wait, this can't be taken today.  He has got to be too tired."  But I checked the date on the tweet and yup, the tweet was dated last night at 11:20 pm.  :big grin 

Love that rock and roll shirt, Lilikoiluv. 

I enjoyed reading the comments from sacteachv2.  Thanks for posting.   It's nice to get confirmation that Darren is doing the SF and L.A. stops only.  I was wondering if he was going to do the San Diego location, but I guess not.   And I agree, Lilikoiluv, Lena easily could change her mind if she wants later in terms of extending her shows.  Glad she had a good dress rehearsal.  :happy face

Cute pic from Mia's snapchat.  And yes, I like that "Like the brightest star" symbolism on her dress! 

Thanks for the spoilers, Lilikoiluv.

**SPOILER ALERT**
I especially liked how he changed the James Franco line.  We know people were thinking it, so hey, let's be upfront about it.  :big grin   And I like how he is using a different reference to Glee too, with the Lea comment.  New jokes keeps the show fresh. 

I like khal-blaine's tumblr.  She's a big fan of Darren.  So glad she could go to the preview show and how nice that she shared with the rest of Darren's fans.

From dailydarrennews: 

Another video of Darren at stage door for the preview day (yesterday).  The audio is clearer in this video:

Darren’s speech at stage door after the opening performance of the Hedwig tour on October 2nd, 2016 | source

October 03 2016
dailydarrennews

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I also prefer to keep the Fan Reviews separate.  I wasn't sure if that would be confusing for folks, though.

I could keep the Fan Reviews as its own separate thread.  So I would have (1) One thread for pics/stage door videos/curtain call videos/media videos, combined with "who saw Darren " in the SF/L.A shows, along with the media reviews for the SF/L.A shows (so combine 3 threads into one thread for the SF/L.A shows), and (2) Fan reviews for the SF/L.A. shows.   If it turns out we get more media reviews, I get make that its own thread later. 

It gets a little confusing when it comes to posting only about fan reviews, because if the tweets or tumblr posts have pics, then sometimes they end up in the Pics thread.

Let's give it a try.  I'll  let people decide which thread they want to put a tweet or a tumblr post with pics.   It's gonna be flexible.  So some Fan Reviews may end up in the Pics Thread, and some photos may end up in the Fan Review thread.  I'm flexible, and I'm willing to give it a try if others are.  :happy face

Edit:  I think I will try this:
(1) One thread for pics, stage door videos, curtain call videos, media videos, and "who saw Darren in the SF/L.A. shows, and
(2) A second thread for Reviews, so Fan Reviews, as well as any Media Reviews or comments from members of the media.  If we get a good number of Media reviews, I'll make a separate thread for that later. 

If anyone wants to give feedback, feel free.  You can PM me or comment in a post.  Thank you!  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

A few more pics from yesterday, from sacteachv2, whose interesting comments Lilikoiluv already has posted:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oegewwWZKK1qki6k1o8_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oegewwWZKK1qki6k1o9_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oegewwWZKK1qki6k1o4_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oegewwWZKK1qki6k1o5_1280
sacteachv2:
Loved everything about this first show! The SF references were great and the combo of Lena and Darren was amazing. It seemed like Darren hadn’t taken any time off- he was right back in the role without hesitation. He got some fun lines in - talked about Darren Criss, referenced Lea Michele and got a dig in about If/Then. So glad the “Chris Col-fur” line is gone. Some elements were a little different but they worked. Not used to major cheering after WLT curious to see if that changes. Both Michael and Darren confirmed that LA is it for Darren and Lena and there will be a new group for other cities. Pretty much knew that but hearing it directly was good. Stage door was interesting but Darren made sure to sign for everyone. Going back on Tuesday and can’t wait!
dailydarrennews

Note:  I just couldn't resist posting the pics since he looks pretty cool in his sunglasses and leather jacket.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oejn94lLRF1uetdyxo1_500
lenarockerhall "It is clear that I must find my other half. But is it a he or a she? Is it Darren???“ @hedwigonbway #hedwigram

October 04 2016

Awww, love, Love, LOVE that photo and caption of Lena and Darren's Hedwig hands! I also the love the friendship these two seem to have developed, and can't wait to see it translated into their performances and Hedwig and Yitzhak's relationship.  :amused

Arianne Phillips brought cupcakes to work today! 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oejzvuKihR1qbool4o1_1280
ariannephillips:  

The Hedwig family seems like a great bunch of supportive talent!  :happy face

This is rather OT, but I just enjoy Mia's enthusiastic support of Darren's career and current Hedwig run!  On Sunday, she wore a star (as in "brightest star") dress and today she's wearing one with crosses: 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oejkzxpU4p1qbool4o1_500
x

Also: 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oejuxyGLTZ1rdfeyeo1_500
x

I applaud her fashion choices!  She's so cute. :amused

Last edited by Lilikoiluv on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lilikoiluv wrote:Awww, love, Love, LOVE that photo and caption of Lena and Darren's Hedwig hands! I also the love the friendship these two seem to have developed, and can't wait to see it translated into their performances and Hedwig and Yitzhak's relationship.  hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  3295213406

Yes!   It's nice to see the mutual support of each other!

Cute cupcakes!   The person posting is the same person who posted about Darren's SF shirt.  She is a costume designer, who was nominated for a Tony Award in the category Best Costume Design for a Play, for her work  Hedwig and the Angry Inch, on Broadway.

hedwigandtheangryinch - Pics, gifs, media videos, curtain call videos, stage door videos, and posts of "who saw Darren" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. (Tour),  Tumblr_oeag6nQPH81qbool4o1_500
ariannephillips: throwing back to my first meeting with @darrencriss for @hedwigonbway at my house trying on his bespoke HEDWIG boots #hedwigandtheangryinch #costume #tbt #ariannearchive #darrencriss

Lilikoiluv had posted this pic upstream.  :happy face

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum