Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Very nice comment and cute pic of an audience member (SF):
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofa6amLdVY1uetdyxo1_1280
kalaenouveau: @darrencriss as #Hedwig made my toes curl! Peep the glitter nail polish tho-it’s all in the details. If you’re in the Bay Area GET TICKETS NOW. The tour goes to LA next month. Don’t say I didn’t tell you  #rundontwalk #hedwigandtheangryinch #backstage #sanfrancisco #modellife

From DarrenCrissArmy

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofa765sffQ1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost darwinbell

Freaking amazing show!! #hedwigandtheangryinch at #thegoldengatetheater #darrencriss #lenahall #hedwigonbway http://ift.tt/2eE7tpg

Some tweets:

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Such a heartfelt message from this fan.   She is very eloquent. 
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofbk55huKn1uetdyxo1_1280
jennievaccaro Do you ever just wanna scream forever but also realize you can’t because you’re suddenly dumbstruck cuz… that’s me. Right now. I just witnessed the most honest, beautiful, gut wrenching, refreshing, devastating and breath taking performance, I am inclined to say of all time, but I’m 18, I have a very small scope of perspective for time. Darren Criss was a phenomenon, outrageously comedic while crisply honest and brutally genuine. His performance left me completely breathless with a slack jaw and weak knees. Never in my life have I been completely removed from the burden of thought, I have anxiety and in fact have a chronic inability to stop thinking, but this show removed me from my own head and took me to a world full of heartbreak disgused by mockery, insecurity, desperation to be understood and loved, a world full of unknown identity and a need to find it and a world full of powerhouse musicians and actors and I was rapt. Lena Hall and Darren Criss are the most genuinely talented and selfless performers I’ve ever seen on stage and I feel so lucky to have not only experienced their hard work, but to have met them as well (despite my inability to tell them all this, which is a disappointment). I am in awe.
As I keep saying: Wow. Holy shit.
(via dailydarrennews)

From DarrenCrissArmy:
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofbl7sLck51ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost chlowinnett

Darren Criss is a god and today I watched him perform in all of his glory. Then he gave me a hug. #hedwigandtheangryinch http://ift.tt/2ejYk2f

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

This pic captured a nice moment.   This man honestly looks touched.   As gleekto pointed out, it was nice to see a long-time Hedwig fan touched by Darren's performance (and most likely, Darren's kindness).  Very sweet.
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_of8ocx0QyE1uetdyxo1_1280
andykhodak: So THIS happened @darrencriss @hedwigonbway #hedwigontour #sanfrancisco #goldengatetheatre. After 15 years of dreaming (or, probably, not even dreaming) of seeing Hedwig live not only I got to do that but also to meet that sweetest guy :happy face Well, I guess the expression on my face says it all #starstruck
October 18 2016
via dailydarrennews

I can't help but think of Lilikoiluv.  I hope she had a fantastic time tonight, seeing Darren perform in person for the first time tonight, and to top that, in such a fantastic role!  And on top of that, to see him speak at St. Ignatius, his alma mater in his home town!

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some more tweets:

Note:  I believe Natalie Fisher writes for Hypable. 

(I guess some regular patrons of SHNSF did not know much about Hedwig.  :amused   Like Sarah said, their loss.)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some tweets:

This is one of my favorites:

Two people's conversation about Darren:  :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some tweets:

Ashley Riela had seen Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway, and had admired his portrayal.  She also had seen NPH, Andrew Rannells, and John Cameron Mitchell in the role on Broadway, and is a big Hedwig fan.   She saw Hedwig again in SF.  :happy face 

This person tweeted a couple of times:

These two friends saw Hedwig together.

More tweets:

Note:  Tim Mislock is part of the band that performs in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Tits of Clay.

Note:  Adam Savage is the host of the TV show, Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel.  He also was the moderator of the SHNSF panel discussion/performance with Darren, Lena and  Stephen Trask that occurred in September 2016.

From dailydarrennews:

The pic that goes with Adam Savage's tweet:
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofg1cmAdQS1uetdyxo1_1280
@donttrythis: Saw the amazing @DarrenCriss & incredible @lenarockerhall in @HedwigOnBway at @shnsf in SF! It’s playing 1 more week and it’s fantastic. Go!

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofg31o1TNF1uetdyxo1_1280
renbensf:  :heart eyes Darren Criss  :heart eyes makes me believe in love and happiness. :big grin :big grin :big grin #darrencriss #lenahall #hedwigandtheangryinch #shn #goldengatetheatre #sanfrancisco #love #lunchbreak

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This person, @InXanadu, is a long-time Hedhead.  She had seen several actors play Hedwig in the 1998 off-Broadway Jane St. production, including John Cameron Mitchell and Kevin Cahoon.  On Broadway, she had seen NPH, Michael C. Hall and John Cameron Mitchell play Hedwig.   She had tweeted that she has seen 11 actors play Hedwig.  To her, John Cameron Mitchell is the only true Hedwig, although she feels there have been some great Hedwigs (she feels Michael C. Hall was a great Hedwig; his Hedwig moved her).  She did not see Darren in Hedwig on Broadway.

This is what she tweeted about Darren's performance in the SF venue:

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Inxana10

Source:  @InXanadu, October 22, 2016

Other tweets from @InXanadu (most recent first, less recent later):

This is huge praise from a big Hedwig fan!  I am touched by how highly she regards Darren's Hedwig portrayal.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

More tweets:

I'm guessing that the matinee performance yesterday (10/22/16, Saturday) had sign language interpretation?   Can anyone confirm this?  Here is a short conversation about this:

This person seems to have seen solely the Hedwig film, but was moved by Darren's performance.  A series of her tweets:

More tweets:

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofi1ow5Cxv1uetdyxo4_1280
laviede_adriano  Such a great show thank you @darrencriss you slayed that stage boo #hedwigandtheangryinch #broadwaymusical #sanfrancisco #SF

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Forbes wrote:
Celebrity Makeup Artist Mike Potter on Hedwig, Discovering Yourself, and Three Things All Women Need

October 25, 2016

Let’s talk about the current Hedwig, Darren Criss. What does he bring to the show?

What Darren brings to Hedwig is this youthful, rock and roll energy. He’s got the free, open thing that the younger kids have now – they’re so much more accepting these days.
Years ago, you wouldn’t think of a straight heartthrob actor playing this role. It’s actually shocking. He sings great, looks great, and is a little firecracker.

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofn529ziaw1uetdyxo1_1280
ffenili: Amazing performance by this #wildcat #hedwig

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofn55xbedp1uetdyxo1_500
minami_e: @marzate91 and I were THIS CLOSE to @darrencriss today! Seriously can’t get enough of this show, and not just because of Darren (but it helps Wink ) #secondrowseats #hedwigSHN #hedwigonbway #hedwigandtheangryinch #shnsf #darrencriss #lastdarrenphotoiswear

Some tweets:

About a performance last week:

About the Tuesday night performance (10/25/16):

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The lovely Gleekto posted her insightful comments:

gleekto wrote:
Darren was brilliant. And while the audience was laughing vociferously at the sassy first half - and went ballistic over the Trump jokes - “Guy just popped a couple of tic tacs and grabbed me all over. LAUGHS. Oh? You know him? You know him, don’t you? And I am just like Donald, you must stop messaging me on Grindr.” - as well as the rest - Darren had everyone under his spell in the second half.

There were several long extended moments where it was so silent you could hear a pin drop - the entire ‘love the front of me’ scene, the transformation from Tommy back into Hedwig (btw - the audience did clap at the end of WLTR but they staged it differently than Broadway. He hadn’t transformed back into Hedwig yet and it was like Tommy waited and invited the applause. Then he transformed and it was dead silent), when hedwig gave Yitzhak the mic for Long Grift - just a lot of heavy emotions felt in the audience.

On a lighter Sugar Daddy note, luckily, Hedwig found a gay couple in the front row, kissed one (who was LOVING it), asked if they were a couple (nods), made the threesome joke (both nod enthusiastically), so Hedwig was not making it up when she said “oh he’s into it.”

Pet peeves included random man behind us yelling “We love you, LENA” when Yitzhak was being applauded after Long Grift (like, what?) and dry ice during WLTR which envelopes the front row and I’m slightly allergic so I was like - no go away trying to watch.

Also during “Tear Me Down” there was a sexy-ish moment between Hedwig and Yitzhak where they grind together and lick each other’s tongues in what I can only say is a rock n’ roll gesture - but it was new (for me) and it worked. 

Hedwig’s rage in Exquisite Corpse was glorious and powerful. 

Also, I sat beside a woman (who is from NYC) who came with her partner now and also came for the first week of the SF run, and saw it many times in NY - with Neil, Andrew Rannells, Darren, Taye Diggs, and Lena here (whom she loved) - but said Darren is her favorite. Me too.

Just wow, that show is a BEAST. How he does it, I don’t know. But just amazing.

-Gleekto

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofopzuwZ3m1uetdyxo3_1280

Darren with fans at stage door on October 26th, 2016
@BearZombies       My wife has had her birthday, and general life made. @DarrenCriss fantastic show, truly beautiful, and a gentleman to boot.

Oh, the sass!  Love it!  (Probably another regular SHN patron, who had no idea what to expect? Razz )

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofogi1ZavG1r0rx8mo1_1280
jenndesq:
amaaaazing! that grumpy face he’s making is at the guy he made out with and then made fun of all show.  :big grin (at SHN Golden Gate Theatre)
October 27 2016   (Source)

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some tweets:

This person tweeted a couple of times:

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_oforv2G9aQ1ryi4hlo1_500
darrenbuttisgoodbutt:
He kept trying to tell people not to take selfies, and I was completely fine with that, content with just interaction. But then when literally everyone in line asked for a selfie, he looked at me and asked if I wanted one too. I didnt, but I mean. He offered and had already grabbed Victoria’s ( @using-the-force ) phone. It was incredibly sweet of him, and I’m very grateful!

Highlight of the show for me was literally all of it. Wednesday matinée show, the crowd was full of people over the age of fifty and it was hilarious seeing Hedwig in a crowd like that. He made a joke, just before the Sarah Jessica Parka joke, about feeling “like Harry…. Potter” and the 10% of us in the audience absolutely lost it. In the beginning, he slipped hopping down to sit on the edge of the stage for the ‘groaning planks’ and made jokes about ‘currently being supported- or not supported’.
I’m so grateful for this entire trip. I’m the farthest away from home that I’ve ever been, and it’s been one of the best weeks of my life
October 27 2016   (Source)

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofrrcw5H3u1uetdyxo1_1280

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofrrcw5H3u1uetdyxo2_1280
@m7z: Electrifying show! Got to meet @DarrenCriss and @LenaRockerHall at Twitter last week and they are really cool people. #HedwigSHN
October 28 2016

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Anthony Rapp (On Broadway:  Rent, If/Then) went to see Darren in SF! 
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofu5ccPHJL1uetdyxo1_500
Anthony Rapp I had the distinct pleasure of finally seeing @darrencriss in @hedwigonbway in SF. Inspiring work!
October 29 2016
dailydarrennews

Aw, Lee Tonks, a long-time Hedhead, went to see HATAI in SF.
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofss2s3ASg1rg2phgo1_250  jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofss2s3ASg1rg2phgo2_250
tonks42:
Tonight was wonderful. Darren and Lena were both so good. I can’t wait to go back tomorrow.
October 29 2016   (Source)
dailydarrennews

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_oft34tZnMF1uetdyxo1_500

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_oft34tZnMF1uetdyxo2_500
alishaboe: thank you @demingssterfon

demingssterfon: I saw one of the most musically gifted and talented actors around Darren Criss. I just saw his performance in the play Hedwig. You know I worked with him on Glee and knew he was talented but what he did in this performance was next level!!! #ilikeit #theatre #broadway #tonywinner #tonyaward #prtformance #darrencriss #glee #play #hait #hairstyles #haitryles
October 29 2016
Dailydarrennews

From Darren Criss Army:

This person is a big Hedwig fan.  I believe I posted her tweets upstream, where she posted her views about Darren in Hedwig.  :happy face
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofumngRCxc1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Regrann here_in_xanadu

This happened. #hedwigandtheangryinch #hedheadbliss #darrencriss http://ift.tt/2fiYqKw
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofum8bbtLI1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost dancingbizz
Darren Criss was #absolutlyfabulous tonight as #Hedwig at the #goldengatetheatre #ilovethisstory your performance was #epic #powerful #transformative #emotive #trulybeautiful and I feel full of #gratitude for #you #thankyou #darrencriss #jessicarabbit #hedwigandtheangryinch http://ift.tt/2fiXuGd
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofulr8Edaf1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost mrsp22291

Absolutely amazing. I can not express how amazing this show was tonight. The performances were OUTSTANDING. Then to be able to stay after and get autographs and talk with performers. What an amazing treat for me. http://ift.tt/2f0cR2F
DarrenCrissArmy

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_oft9ff7EMU1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost @itz_jayveezy

Had the pleasure of meeting Darren Criss from #Glee and #HedwigAndTheAngryInch He did such an amazing job tonight! #iHeartMusicals #DateNight #SF #GoldenGateTheatre #FridayNight #TGIF #StarStruck #Famous #InstaFamous http://ift.tt/2f2yaiC
DarrenCrissArmy

I have some fan tweets about the last couple of days of shows, but I've been really busy/little under the weather.  Will post those soon.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

This truly is a wonderful compliment:

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofuxr3i2oJ1rr00q0o1_500
October 30 2016   (Source:  Screenshot)
Source:  @DarrenCriss, October 30, 2016
via dailydarrennews

I agree with these folks: 

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofv5luUrb91uetdyxo7_250
‏@chengnin     Meeting the amazing @DarrenCriss after @HedwigOnBway! Killed it tonight!

This is really a fantastic comment:
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofv5luUrb91uetdyxo6_1280
@nicklulli      Great job tonight, @DarrenCriss --- meant what I said --- you were meant for this role. Thx for signing for @LaurenTacey & me + pic

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofv6q9yABM1uetdyxo1_1280

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofv6q9yABM1uetdyxo2_1280
hreeser: Such a magical show! #hedwigandtheangryinch #hedwigshn

karie2828: It all went according to my plan. We sat down and I told Jennie to sit in the closer seat to the middle. I assessed the row of people and thought, “I bet Hedwig kisses the guy next to her”. Which would be perfect; close but not too close. And sure enough, mid song he comes down from the stage and walks right up to the man sitting next to Jennie. Climbs into his lap and kisses him square on the mouth. He brushed up against Jennie’s leg in he process. Couldn’t have worked out better if I actually had a say in it. #hedwigandtheangryinch #shnsf #matinee #goldengatetheater @darrencriss

Note:  hreeser   also said: 
Finally seeing Hedwig tonight!  I have loved this music since high school.  Can't wait to see it come alive on stage.  #hedwigandtheangryinch #hedwig #illustration #sanfrancisco #hedwigSHN

Gleekto saw Darren in SF Hedwig twice, once on Tuesday (October 25) and one on Friday (October 28).   I posted her earlier notes upstream.  Here are her thoughts about the Friday show.

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvhxbAWaF1qkrnhgo1_250  jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvhxbAWaF1qkrnhgo2_250

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvhxbAWaF1qkrnhgo3_500
gleekto:
gleekto wrote:
I am back in real life after a whirlwind week in SF - doing many things including Hedwig. Twice. (cue Hedwig twirl kick and cymbal crash).

I know people like to hear the uniquenesses of each show, and I did a little Tuesday night write up already, so this will focus more on Friday October 28 show and the whole thing…

So whether you like it or not…

1. It all must start and end with how truly incredible Darren is in this role. Sometimes I become so used to the lilt of his Hedwig voice that I forget what Darren sounds like. He is both very funny and truly heartbreaking.

2. Which brings me to Friday night - Absolute dead silence after WLTR. Which is interesting (and powerful) because they have changed the staging a bit to allow for the crowd to clap for Tommy if they are so inclined (as they did on Tuesday, followed by silence), as the transition between Tommy and Hedwig is longer. It was a long, heavy, mesmerized silence.

3. A general change from Broadway is that as Tommy changes back into Hedwig again after WLTR, there is a greater focus on her surprise at the ash silver cross (Tommy’s signature cross) on her forehead - like there is a now clear self awareness that she (Hedwig) has embodied Tommy. This favours the Tommy-is-really-Hedwig in WLTR interpretation of Hedwig that Darren himself has said is his interpretation. It was very effective.

4. So on Tuesday, as was posted by the guy himself, a gay couple was sitting in the front row and one of them (who is a big Darren fan) got the kiss. While Hedwig is routinely asking the kiss recipient about the person next to them - “do you two come together? Oh you do. Maybe we can come as a threesome later” - On Tuesday they actually were a couple and were both nodding enthusiastically, so Hedwig says after that line - “Oh he’s into it!” (pointing to the boyfriend) and then Yitzhak scowled and Hedwig turns to him “Oh, he’s not”. Was very funny. On Friday night the kiss recipient was a big burly guy in the front row. Also hilarious just because idiosyncratic.

5. Shout out to Wig In A Box which Darren has managed to make surprisingly heartbreaking and beautiful every time.

6. So obviously when you’re like many of us seeing the show many times, you know all the jokes that are about to come. On Friday night, there was a guy behind me who clearly had not seen it before and so I got this little gem at the Holocaust jokes:

Hedwig: “I lost an uncle at Auschwitz too. Mind you, he fell from a guard tower but we all suffered….” etc

Guy behind me to person beside him: “Oh my god they went there. Oh my god.”

Hedwig: “Too soon? Too soon, right?”

It was just SO meta. Perfect.

7. The fan experience - Had a lovely fun dinner with @yanks02, @klaineandbiscuits, @jenndesq, and @amelodysosweet and was at the stage door with @yanks02 and @klaineandbiscuits. As everyone has said, this stage door is SO chill compared to NYC. A+. DO recommend. When Darren got to us, I told him that I had come from Toronto to see him, he was amazing etc…, and he thanked all of us for coming from Toronto, which I was then like “just me” and @klaineandbiscuits “I’m from Nova Scotia” (impressed), and I pointed to @yanks02 and said “San Francisco” to which, as you’ve probably read in her post already, she said “I’ve seen the show fifteen times and he said thank you so much and put his head on her shoulder for a moment and yes, he just has sweetness flowing from him. He makes eye contact with everyone. That’s the thing he gives you. And it’s unique really.

8. And I gotta end with it too - He is such a talent, that Darren. Enjoy it, LA. Hedwig’s coming for you.

October 30 2016   (Source)

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvygd8SOB1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost johnna02

“Hey it’s you guys (from the front row)” “Yeah we are here for our threesome you offered us!” “Sweet, well thanks for taking me up on it!” Thank you #darrencriss for ending my Hedwig month on an utter high! http://ift.tt/2f7eH0g

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvoyg8tke1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost krlcrv

Awesome shows of #hedwigonbway

#darrencriss was amazing on stage, and a wonderful guy when I met him at the stage door. Great day!!

#hedwigandtheangryinch #musicaltheatre #sanfrancisco #darrencriss #shn #theatrekid #gleeking #starstruck http://ift.tt/2f6NVoM
via DarrenCrissArmy

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofxmax8lxL1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost joecougar_mellenpaiz

Got to see #DarrenCriss’ last show in San Francisco as #hedwigonbway yesterday and he absolutely rocked it! #DarrenCriss #hedwigandtheangryinch #hedwigonbway #hedwigshn http://ift.tt/2dWfsgy
DarrenCrissArmy

This was interesting to note, about why Darren was not able to do stage door after his last SF show, unfortunately. 
jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofw2wcOBAP1r0rx8mo1_1280
jenndesq:
one of the reasons darren couldn’t do stage door is because the crew immediately started striking the set, as soon as the show ended.
DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Some nice comments posted on the instagram from hedwigonbway

jessicarabbit - Fan Reviews, Media Reviews, and comments from members of the Media, about Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch--SF and L.A. Tour  - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvo48Sjdd1ubd9qxo1_500
# Repost hedwigonbway

Here’s to #darrencriss #lenarockerhall #titsofclay and the best October ever in San Francisco see you on Nov 1 Los Angeles ! http://ift.tt/2f6KMFf
via DarrenCrissArmy

gribblette  I laughed and cried and sang. Thank you, my most favorite ever.

jayenelle  Great show this afternoon! Cried buckets. My first time, and not my last!! @darrencrist @lenarockerhall

heidi_wastweet  Loved watching you guys yesterday in SF. Even for a Saturday matinee you all gave 100% in a incredibly high energy show. I do NOT know how you do this twice in one day. BRAVO!!!

decadently_deborah  Saw in SF. If I had the money, or the vacation days, I'd fly back to LA to see it there too! Awesome performance by such a wonderful cast and crew

madamemarcelle  Had the best time. So enjoyed every minute of it. Darren was pure magic, Lena was fantastic

here_in_xanadu  Best of the best. Great show, amazing people.

Note:  Aw, here_in_xanadu, whose tweets and messages I had posted upstream and who is a long, long-time Hedhead,  posted a sweet comment about the SF Hedwig  Tour cast.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum