Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post your comments regarding general news about Darren in 2017 in this thread.

To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply."

If you would like me to start a new thread (Topic) that is within the Category of "Let's Talk Darren Criss," please let me know.

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj124u9kVE1rr00q0o1_500
belleybuttons
via gleekto

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj2yvc6GTt1ubd9qxo1_1280
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj2yvc6GTt1ubd9qxo2_500
DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total

Just saw this on tumblr (let's see if I can post it)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj6jaqjJAa1qkrnhgo1_1280

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi blaykee!   Thanks for your post! 

Hmmm.  That is intriguing.  I'm trying to reconcile that tweet from Perez Hilton and the issue of Royalties.   Either one on its own (going back to Broadway, or Royalties) would be great.  Maybe it is possible to have both?  I hope so!    It is strange that Perez is tweeting it, instead of the producers/director of a Broadway show or Darren.   I'm normally a cautious person, so I think I will wait for confirmation of this.  (No offense, Perez.)   But IF it is true, that Darren is returning to Broadway, that is cause for celebration!! 

Thanks again for posting, blaykee!   It's always fun to speculate about what is the next project for Darren. :happy face

Note:  If it is true, about Darren returning to Broadway, I wonder if it could be  A Great Big World's musical, Strokes of Genius?

I'm scanning through Playbill's list of upcoming shows, and I'm not really seeing any good fits if it's a play and not a musical. It would be wild if it's Cursed Child, but Darren's in between the ages of Harry and James. Maybe the lead in Rear Window? I also saw speculation for Bombshell, the musical featured on TV's Smash, but I can't think of a person he could play in Marilyn Monroe's life story.

Oh, it's probably just his appearance at BroadwayCon later this month. Rolling Eyes

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

DaisiesAndLilies,

Thanks for researching upcoming new shows on Broadway for us.   That was helpful.   Aw, too bad Darren doesn't fit the age group for those characters in The Cursed Child.  I had no idea what the approximate age of the characters are, so that was helpful info from you.   Can you imagine how happy he would be if he got a role in that show?

I was thinking the same thing, that maybe it's BroadwayCon, and Perez didn't know that BroadwayCon isn't a Broadway musical/play. 

Or maybe Perez is speaking loosely, and it's a workshop kind of thing, that isn't yet ready for a Broadway theater, but has aspirations of eventually opening up on Broadway.

This probably isn't applicable, but there have been recent tweets about Headless the Musical (the rock musical about Sleepy Hollow). 

Bradley Bredeweg is connected to Headless the Musical (as the producer and director I think):

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's first run on Broadway:  In How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying (H2$), ran from January 3- January 22, 2012.

Yesterday (January 3) was the 5-year anniversary of Darren's start dart date for H2$.  :love heart

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oilkcw7jSU1ubd9qxo8_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oilkcw7jSU1ubd9qxo9_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oilkcw7jSU1ubd9qxo10_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oilkcw7jSU1ubd9qxo7_400

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oilkcw7jSU1ubd9qxo1_500  hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oilkcw7jSU1ubd9qxo2_400

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oilkcw7jSU1ubd9qxo3_400

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oilkcw7jSU1ubd9qxo5_400
darrencrissarmy:
  FLASHBACK January 3, 2012
Photo Coverage: Darren Criss and Beau Bridges Premiere in HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRY

(Source: broadwayworld.com)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj9s8sCNVe1ubd9qxo1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj9s8sCNVe1ubd9qxo2_1280
via DarrenCrissArmy

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oijiaz7sTL1ubd9qxo2_400

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oijiaz7sTL1ubd9qxo3_400

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oijiaz7sTL1ubd9qxo4_1280
darrencrissarmy:
FLASHBACK January 3, 2012: Darren’s Broadway Debut in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

(Source: broadway.com)

A few more pics:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ly8brzlfp01qi6sxbo1_r1_250  hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ly8brzlfp01qi6sxbo2_r3_250
“Thank you so much for something between ridiculous and sublime, and it’s been beautiful sharing it with all of you and with my beautiful family”
Source: evarren
via DarrenCrissNews

Aw, a close-up gif of how choked up he was during his closing speech.
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ly8cfgEbbe1qlkrx3o1_r1_500
Source:  Seblaine

Look at this cute promotional pic:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_lv39c2hKRR1qjj54so1_500
via adorkabledarrencriss

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

2017 Calendar by picturestoburnbycaah.  :happy face

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj7uztZO6Q1qfx8cxo2_500
picturestoburnbycaah:

Darren Criss – Calendar 2017

picturestoburnbycaah wrote:
Hey guys!

Since I haven’t seen any Darren calendars for this year, I decided to made one, woops. They are inspired by @gleeddicted​ ones and are 1024x768 (Google said it’s the most common size, but I plan on doing a bigger version soon, I just wanted to put this out asap)

If you find anything wrong on them, or want to give me a shoutout on proportions or something, any suggestions… This is my first time doing this, so… My askbox is always open!

There are two versions of them: one starting on Sunday, and another one starting on Monday, since everyone has a preference on which day to start the week.

If you download it/liked it, please reblog the post, so other people can see it and I can get a feedback from you guys! It means a lot for me. Thanks :  )

sunday // monday

Please do not repost them without credit or claim as your own, I didn’t put a water mark or anything similar on them. Also, I don’t own any of the pictures, just found them around the internet.
via dailydarrennews

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj9o7nk2961ubd9qxo1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_oj9o7nk2961ubd9qxo2_1280

via DarrenCrissArmy

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

BwayZone wrote:
BwayZone

Celebrating Darren Criss on Bway!

Five years ago this week @DarrenCriss made his Broadway debut in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying back in 2012. Since then he’s strapped on heels for Hedwig and the Angry Inch and made appearances all around the theatre world hosting the 2015 Tony Awards Red carpet and at Elsie Fest!
via DarrenCrissArmy

This article lists several Youtube videos.  I'll post a few:

This site is interesting.    It is an official program of The Broadway League, and it states it is "the only place where you can get connected with ALL Broadway shows and theatres through their social media!" 

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

A video of the closing speech :

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Jeremy for posting that video.  Aw, his voice cracked when he mentioned his beautiful family.  You can tell even at the beginning of the video that he was fighting back tears.   :cry

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrrennews:

Darren is showing his support for Theo Katzman's new album.  :happy face

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojd8erzkvK1uetdyxo1_500

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojd8erzkvK1uetdyxo2_500

pre-order link | spotify

And he wished a friend Happy Birthday.  :happy face  (It's been a long time since we've seen Darren with a beard, hasn't it?    He looks good.)
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojckd1M4v81uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: Wishing my craziest friend @cadehudson22 the craziest 30th bday today. Wish I could be there with ya right now to celebrate, bud… Happy Birthday Cade , ya made it!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Nice pic.  Hope they are having fun.  I like how colorful their ski clothes are (including what is on Darren's head.  Is that a head band?). 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojfb1uZDcx1qbool4o1_500
mypatronusismalec:
Via Mia’s snapchat (January 7th, 2016)

Is Darren in England right now?  dusty, do you hear this?

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojfl4kFoEd1uetdyxo1_500

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Aw, congrats to Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.  Well deserved!

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojhqrtQOIG1uetdyxo1_500

Darren supporting Cynthia Erivo.  :happy face

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojh2mfLAmz1uetdyxo1_500

On The Naked American Songbook (podcast), artists talks about what makes the Great American Songbook great.   Darren is on the program on Tuesday.  :happy face

Aaron Dalton Tuesday brings !! @DarrenCriss from @GLEEonFOX & @HedwigOnBway & @ElsieFest & @TeamStarKid   >> http://bit.ly/nakedsongbook

From DarrenCrissArmy:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojhvtjk3S81ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost cbroday

Congratulations, Benj!!!!! There’s a reason I haven’t been able to stop singing the soundtrack to La La Land… #goldenglobes2016 http://ift.tt/2j7YryJ

via DarrenCrissArmy

15hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Empty Royalties Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't do this earlier, but I opened up a new thread for Royalties (the TV project connected to Darren).  

Please go here (new thread):  Royalties

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule:

January 27-29.          BroadwayCon.  NYC.   For tickets:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/broadwaycon-2017-registration-23224580345?aff=bwayweekarticles

February 11.              Night of Stars concert.  (FL).  For tickets:  561-832-7469 or visit the official website at http://www.kravis.org/,  or
                                  http://www.kravis.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=performances.calendar&series_id=1&dspmonth=2&dspyear=2017&CalendarInput=&monthYearJump=2%2F1%2F2017

April 2017.                 University of Michigan Bicentennial Celebration.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ha!  Benj is cute (and you can see how touched he is with his Golden Globe win) and goofy Darren.  :big grin 

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_ojksfaWkjP1uetdyxo1_500
rebeccasoffer: Still recovering from my “holy cow I’m so pregnant what am I doing out at 12:30 am” jaunt. But worth it to hug our La La Land Golden Globista! Plus, a pretty adorable photo bomb.

Very interesting interview of Darren about the Great American Songbook, on the podcast The Naked American Songbook.

wnyc wrote:

Darren Criss: The Song is The Song

Unless you're what they call a "millennial," Darren Criss may be a new name for you. But this excitable heart throb who made it big on the hit show Glee and starred Broadway's Hedwig and the Angry Inch, has a mature appreciation for the music. His love for the music is actually so deep that despite having a full day of rehearsals and a slight fever he came down to Naked American Headquarters to talk at length about Chet Baker, Jack Jones, and the immortal importance of the Rat Pack.

In the course of their chat, Darren compared Cole Porter to Carly Rae Jepson, and wondered aloud why he hasn't recorded more Radiohead covers. Host Julian Fleisher and Darren also did a little impromptu harmonizing on Darren's favorite of his own compositions, one he hopes to enter into the Naked American Songbook.

-wnyc
January 10, 2017

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Max Adler hung out with Darren this morning:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 HOrqte0

@Mr_Max_Adler: Always a blast hangin with this guy in NYC

Two handsome men on a dreary NY morning. Darren's almost at peak attractiveness here (to me, at least) and Max looks serene.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, that's a nice pic.  Thanks for posting, DaisiesAndLilies.  Max looks good, but serene (probably because he's been out with Darren since last night and hasn't slept a wink. :big grin ).    Darren looks good too (he's used to not sleeping Razz ).   DaisiesAndLilies, you prefer some scruff, huh?   :amused  He looks good both clean-shaven and with some scruff.  It's amazing how different he looks with short hair vs. long hair, and clean-shaven versus with a beard.  He looks younger (to me) when he's clean-shaven. 

Yup, two handsome men, with a lovely supportive friendship.  Max went to see Darren not only in How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying on Broadway, but also saw Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway AND saw Darren when Darren was at the Pantages Theatre (Los Angeles) for the HATAI tour.  What a true blue friend.  heart  And Darren went to the premiere of the film, Sully, which starred Max (also starred Mike O'Malley). 

This is a cute pic of all three guys.  :happy face
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 Tumblr_od4chvkyI61uetdyxo1_500
dailydarrennews:
   @Mr_Max_Adler: @GLEEonFOX reunion at the @SullyMovie Premiere in NY! With @TheMikeOMalley & @DarrenCriss

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

That interview of Darren on the Naked American Songbook was really fun to listen to.  You could hear and feel how passionate Darren is about music, and about the process of music composition.  Also loved the harmonizing near the end during "Don't You."  I enjoyed hearing the feedback by the host about "Don't You," of how Darren was bridging the gap between the classical and contemporary songs. I have to say that the Naked American Songbook show did a great job of referencing what Darren mentioned during the interview, by playing songs/excerpts of songs, and even a part of the Six by Sondheim show.   I assume that Darren visited the Naked American Songbook when he was in the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour, since it was mentioned that Darren was busy with rehearsals, although it seems the Naked American Songbook is in NYC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum