Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 16]

Poppy wrote:From dailydarrennews:

I wonder what this is about???  confused 
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onaanhGFuK1uetdyxo1_1280
@SOPHIANNECARUSO: Photoshoot with @DarrenCriss today for @TodayTixUK  heart #BroadwayBabes
March 23, 2017

dailydarrennews

Oooh. This intrigues me!  Darren is clean-shaven and he's at a photo shoot for Today Tix (she tweeted later that she didn't mean UK):

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Du4xIAwq_biggerSophia Anne Caruso‏
Verified account 

[ltr]@SOPHIANNECARUSO[/ltr]
 Follow
[size=1]More
[/size]
@DarrenCriss @TodayTixUK oops I meant to tag @TodayTix :happy face

She is linked to the musical "Lazarus" and she mentioned that the photo shoot is somehow related to that: 

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Du4xIAwq_biggerSophia Anne Caruso‏Verified account 

[ltr]@SOPHIANNECARUSO[/ltr]
 Follow
[size=1]More
[/size]
Feeling spoiled at the super secret shoot today for @TodayTix @Lazarus_Musical #lazarus #lazarusmusical #broadwaybaby join me on Instagram!

"Lazarus" is a musical based on "The Man Who Fell to Earth" that was scored by David Bowie and played in London and the off-Broadway production starred . . . Michael C. Hall. Someone also told me that Alan Cumming was attached to this production, but I can't seem to find a reference for that. "The Man Who Fell to Earth" was also made into a movie which starred David Bowie. The off-Broadway production supposedly received mixed reviews (until Bowie's untimely death).

This actress (who played "the bullet" in "Hamilton and was also in "A Bronx Tale" also tweeted today:
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onafm3pySz1uetdyxo1_500
arianadebose: Lunching & being silly with @darrencriss for @todaytix

I'm trying my hardest not to let my imagination and hopes get away from me, but . . . I am.   A David Bowie project would definitely be something Darren would be stoked to be a part of.   8)

. . . Or it could be something completely different and I am totally off-base here, which is more than likely.   :big grin  
There are some talented people attached to this project though . . . whatever it is.  

What are you up to, Mr Criss?! Whatever this photo shoot is for, I hope Darren enjoys the process.  

Poppy wrote:Darren's Schedule:

March 20                   Supergirl Musical Crossover (on the CW)

March 21                   The Flash Musical Crossover (on the CW)

March 21                   The Late Late Show with James Corden on CBS.

April 8, 2017.             University of Michigan Bicentennial Celebration.

Don't forget his WE Day New York appearance at Radio City Music Hall on April 6th!!

Okay, I just went to the WE Day site (see link above) and when you hover over Darren's pic/name on the celebrity list, it says, "indie alt-pop band from brothers Darren and Chuck Criss."

Does that mean Computer Games will perform at WE Day?  That sounds highly likely since Darren has performed at past WE Day celebrations. I hope so. That would be awesome!  Yea!

ETA:  My apologies for the wonky cut/paste of Sophia's tweets. I dunno how to do that correctly . . . obviously.  Embarassed

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv!  :hello 

Thanks so much for all the info you posted about Lazarus!  And thanks for the background on Ariana Debose.    I remember as you said, that Michael C. Hall was connected to the project.  Ohhh, it would be so fun if Alan Cumming was attached to the project too.  Let's hope and hope!   :fingers crossed :fingers crossed :fingers crossed  As you said, Lilikoiluv, David Bowie would be right up Darren's alley!  Also--remember that tweet that blaykee was so nice to post about Perez Hilton's tweet:

blaykee wrote:Just saw this on tumblr (let's see if I can post it)

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_oj6jaqjJAa1qkrnhgo1_1280

Great point about the significance of Darren shaving, Lilikoiluv.  He had a beard on the James Corden show. 

Cross fingers something pans out!

Thank you so much for the reminder to add April 6 and WE Day New York to Darren's calendar.  I completely forgot.  It's nice that you guys help me out--it really helps a lot!  I appreciate it! 

Lillikoiluv wrote:
Don't forget his WE Day New York appearance at Radio City Music Hall on April 6th!!

Okay, I just went to the WE Day site (see link above) and when you hover over Darren's pic/name on the celebrity list, it says, "indie alt-pop band from brothers Darren and Chuck Criss."

Does that mean Computer Games will perform at WE Day?  That sounds highly likely since Darren has performed at past WE Day celebrations. I hope so. That would be awesome!  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 3325219037

Oooooh!  Good catch, Lilikoiluv!  I would love to see Computer Games performing on WE Day!   That would be fantastic.  Darren usually picks theme-appropriate songs for the WE-Day events, I wonder what song he and Chuck would perform together if they were to perform for WE-Day?  "Not Alone" is always a good fit.  Maybe some new music? 

I'm not very good at posting tweets or instagram messages. 

One way is to go to the tweet and you will see a drop down arrow in the upper right corner of the tweet.  Click on that and choose "Embed tweet."  Then copy the code and paste it here.  But don't forget to delete emoji's or smilies that are in the tweet before you hit "Send," or else you may lose part of your post.  It is always a good idea to copy your post and then hit "Preview" to see if there are any smilies in the tweet (sometimes it's hard to see them when they are embedded in the code).  Then if all looks good-hit "Send."  It would look like this:

Or you can just ignore the drop down arrow, and copy and paste the tweet.

Sophia Anne Caruso‏Verified account @SOPHIANNECARUSO

@DarrenCriss @TodayTixUK oops I meant to tag @TodayTix : )

But Lilikoiluv, it doesn't matter what it looks like.  What's important is that you were nice enough to take the time to post it here.  So thank you!

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule:

April 6, 2017.             WE Day-New York.

April 8, 2017.             University of Michigan Bicentennial Celebration.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Another pic from the Today Tix photo shoot.

From dailydarrennews:
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onazo3gUOV1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
   sarahbidnick: What a shoot. Couldn’t be more blown away by @billykiddstudio and can’t wait to share it with the world. #todaytix

Darren went to see Significant Other on Broadway.  Darren's former Hedwig and the Angry Inch (on Broadway) co-star, Rebecca Naomi Jones, is part of the cast of Significant Other.   I love Rebecca Naomi Jones.   :love 

Some cute pics, with Laura Osnes too.  :happy face
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onatvrCBvX1qeegj9o1_1280
fallenjunkie:
  Sensible Sardi’s run-in. @onerebeccajones @darrencriss @hedwigonbway @significantbway @bandstandbway

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onaul6trb21uetdyxo1_500
adracas It’s Thursday…. and 3 worlds collide! #broadwaylife #significantbway #bandstand

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onbttqaa9H1qeegj9o2_r1_1280

fallenjunkie:

significantbway: In true #significantother fashion, Hedwig (@darrencriss) visited his Yitzhak (@onerebeccajones) last night… and made a few new SIGNIFICANT friends along the way! Wink

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's been out seeing shows on Broadway, supporting his friends.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

Some cute pics.

Supporting StarKid Britney Coleman, cast member of Sunset Boulevard, the Broadway musical. 
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onds8bjCBq1uetdyxo1_500
britneycoleman: Well look who showed up on the Boulevard last night?! The last time I saw this one in NYC I was congratulating him on HIS (2nd!) Broadway show! So awesome to have you at the show, my friend! @sunsetblvdmusical #goblue #ofcourseiworeamichiganshirt #mihappyplace #starkidsonbroadway

With friend Stephanie Rothenberg, Darren's former co-star in How to Succeed.  Stephanie is also a cast member of Sunset Boulevard.

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_ondkziyq5t1uetdyxo1_500

stephgrothenberg Last night on the Boulevard! A little #howtosucceed reunion! @darrencriss  heart

Looks like Darren went with Elvis Duran to see Sunset Boulevard.  So nice to see them spend time together.  :happy face
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_ondmcerU5u1uetdyxo1_500
chichimillz: that time we became besties with @elvisduran and @darrencriss on the backstage set of @sunsetblvdmusical and ended up leaving with $5000 gloves worn and signed by Glenn close #sunsetboulevard #glennclosegloves #gleecast #z100secretsound

With Glenn Close and Elvis:
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_oncz5w3Nee1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
   elvisduran: Night at the theater with @darrencriss…@sunsetblvdmusical and our new girlfriend, Glenn Close!

Oh my gosh.  Groundhog Day is made into a musical, and Darren's friend, Tony Marion (who we also know from Broadway Style Guide, and I believe he also went to Elsie Fest) is producing it? 

ha!
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onecmeDlvM1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
  Via Tony Marion’s Instagram Story (March 25th, 2017)

From Darren Criss Army:

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_oneq85wIYo1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost tony_marion

Thanks for coming to see our little ditty tonight #darrencriss http://ift.tt/2mD7WM1

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From DarrenCrissArmy:

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onfl6aYdOu1ubd9qxo1_1280

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onfl6aYdOu1ubd9qxo2_500

Also some sweet messages from Groundhog Day, the musical:
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onfg0yoZAo1ubd9qxo1_1280

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onfg0yoZAo1ubd9qxo2_1280

From cast members of Groundhog Day.

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onf7seqogJ1ubd9qxo1_1280

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onf7seqogJ1ubd9qxo2_1280

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is interesting and nice.  I'm guessing it's because of Darren's appearance on The Flash.  As John Barrowman said, appearing on TV really hits a wide audience and brings a lot of visibility to actors.

From dailydarrennews:

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onhgp05oCU1tljtu4o1_500
thefandometrics:
  CELEBRITIES

Week Ending March 27th, 2017

1.  Harry Styles +1
2.  Emma Watson -1
3.  Dan Stevens +3
4.  Sebastian Stan +4
5.  Cole Sprouse -2
6.  Chris Evans -2
7.  Katie McGrath +5
8.  Meryl Streep
9.  Tom Hiddleston -2
10. Jake Gyllenhaal
11. Melissa Benoist -1
12. Lili Reinhart -1
13. Jensen Ackles -4
14. Luke Evans
15. Benedict Cumberbatch
16. Lin-Manuel Miranda -2
17. Darren Criss
18. Ryan Reynolds
19. Kendall Jenner -2
20. Camila Mendes
The number in italics indicates how many spots a name moved up or down from the previous week. Bolded names weren’t on the list last week.
dailydarrennews

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onhkgw4OiW1uetdyxo1_500

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onhkgw4OiW1uetdyxo2_500
broadway_style: An exclusive look backstage at Groundhog Day as our pals Darren Criss & Todd Snyder show Andy Karl and Tim Minchin some Punxsutawney style love!

March 27 2017

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I have the feeling that playing in that crossover was a pretty good move. Not only The Flash/Supergirl is a mainstream show but it has also another type of audience (people who love superheroes). It seems to me that, before that crossover, Darren was mostly known by people who like musicals.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren pitching in to urge folks to support the benefit performance for ACLU. 

# Repost etaibenson   A special somebody thinks you should buy tickets to #ANightOfLight on April 3rd in Los Angeles. (Spoiler alert: it’s @darrencriss) Come support the ACLU! Ticket link in bio @aaip4aclu #darrencriss #roomies #goblue http://ift.tt/2neMZCh

The benefit performance will take place at Prospect Theatre on Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles.

You can go to this page for Tickets:  https://tickets.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&e=9086ba59afdcc93da543ccc0d5a59b10&vqitq=bf01fe44-a9eb-4ff3-b6fa-c20eac61033b&vqitp=c849c169-969a-4e1c-a935-6496b2970bd5&vqitts=1487978651&vqitc=vendini&vqite=itl&vqitrt=Safetynet&vqith=4e710c2fe3fb70f20b8295a194fafaaa

There is more info about the event at this page:
https://www.gofundme.com/aaip4aclu

There will be performances by the cast of An American in Paris, and some surprise special guests.

THANK YOU for the mini lesson on posting tweets from twitter, Poppy!  :hug
I tried it out in the practice forum and it worked!  Yay!  
I left my wonky stuff above for posterity sake (and because I'm afraid I'll mess the post up if I tried to fix it. lol).  

Poppy wrote:Another pic from the Today Tix photo shoot.

From dailydarrennews:

Enlarge this image
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onazo3gUOV1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
   sarahbidnick: What a shoot. Couldn’t be more blown away by @billykiddstudio and can’t wait to share it with the world. #todaytix
FYI- Sarah Bidnick is the VP of Marketing at Today Tix.  I'm so curious to know what this "super secret" photo shoot was about.  I would LOVE it to be about Darren doing "Lazarus", but I'm wondering: 
--the timing seems off for this shoot if it is for "Lazarus". I'm not sure how early these are done fro productions, but IF it is for this particular show, Darren probably wouldn't be available for rehearsals until mid-summer perhaps because of ACS? That would seem to lead to a winter/spring opening?  Seems a bit early for something like this.
--Why would Today Tix be involved with a photo shoot for a particular show? 
--Dori, from Glee Forum, and some others on Tumblr were thinking perhaps it's a photo shoot covering several shows as promo for perhaps a new service Today Tix is providing.  This seems plausible too. BUT that STILL means that Darren is linked to a show right??? 
--I though maybe it could have something to do with the Tonys, but I think it's a bit early for even that kind of link.
--Dori thought maybe it could have something to do with Elsie Fest.  We both joked that this would be unlikely knowing Darren's usual timeframe for Elsie Fest promotion--like waaaay too early.  :laughing  But who knows? We could be surprised! 

. . . not that I've let my excitement get the best of me and have been wildly speculating over the meaning of just a few tweets . . . or anything like that . . .  :cheeky

I loved seeing the pics and such of Darren out with friends seeing other friends on Broadway!

Poppy wrote:Darren went to see Significant Other on Broadway.  Darren's former Hedwig and the Angry Inch (on Broadway) co-star, Rebecca Naomi Jones, is part of the cast of Significant Other.   I love Rebecca Naomi Jones.   rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 3446027931 

Some cute pics, with Laura Osnes too.  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 3308115737

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onatvrCBvX1qeegj9o1_1280

. . . 

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onbttqaa9H1qeegj9o2_r1_1280

fallenjunkie:

significantbway: In true #significantother fashion, Hedwig (@darrencriss) visited his Yitzhak (@onerebeccajones) last night… and made a few new SIGNIFICANT friends along the way! rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 1957542852
Aww, I was hoping that he would get to see Rebecca in "Significant Other" and I'm so happy he did!  I love these two together and hope that they get to work together again in the future.  Laura Osnes added to the mix made that night even more awesome! 

Poppy wrote:Supporting StarKid Britney Coleman, cast member of Sunset Boulevard, the Broadway musical.  

Enlarge this image
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onds8bjCBq1uetdyxo1_500
britneycoleman: Well look who showed up on the Boulevard last night?! The last time I saw this one in NYC I was congratulating him on HIS (2nd!) Broadway show! So awesome to have you at the show, my friend! @sunsetblvdmusical #goblue#ofcourseiworeamichiganshirt #mihappyplace #starkidsonbroadway

With friend Stephanie Rothenberg, Darren's former co-star in How to Succeed.  Stephanie is also a cast member of Sunset Boulevard.

Enlarge this image
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_ondkziyq5t1uetdyxo1_500
stephgrothenberg Last night on the Boulevard! A little #howtosucceed reunion! @darrencriss  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 1553217600 
My Team StarKid-loving heart is so happy for Britney! What a great show to be a part of! Team StarKid/H2$ reunion at a fabulous show starring MERYL STREEP (and going to see said show with Elvis Duran)--what an incredible night of happiness and love! 

And lastly, Darren supporting Etai's wonderful "Night of Light" fundraiser for the ACLU was so cute.  I didn't know Etai was now in the cast of "An American in Paris"--so happy for him!  What a great event that production is putting on! (I'm hoping Darren will perhaps be one of those "surprise guests" in support of his old roomie and this lovely cause.)  I hope it is a great success.  Oh, and . . . Go Blue!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv! 

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked.  And I'm glad to see you making use of the practice forum. I like to go there.  :happy face

haha!  I left plenty of wonky stuff for posterity sake too.  :amused 

Wow, thanks for sharing with us the discussion about that photo shoot with Today Tix, Lilikoiluv.  You and Dori raised many good points. 

Ryan Murphy said in an interview in Variety (Edgar Ramirez, Darren Criss to Star in Ryan Murphy's 'Versace: American Crime Story' on FX) that filming for Versace:  ACS is a 5-month commitment.  And didn't Darren say that they will start filming in late April (correct me if my memory is wrong).   That should take us to sometime in September that filming for ACS will end, assuming there are no delays. 

Lilikoiluv wrote:--Why would Today Tix be involved with a photo shoot for a particular show?

I don't follow Broadway.  So is it unusual for outlets like TodayTix to do a photoshoot previewing new shows?   I have no idea.  I don't know  But maybe they are providing a new service, as you said.  Today Tix hosting a photo shoot for Lazarus alone, or for several Broadway shows, are both possibilities.  Both are good news since, as you said, it means Darren is linked to a Broadway show.

I'm so ignorant. I don't even know when the Tony's are.  Embarassed 

I did wonder if it had something to do with Elsie Fest.  Maybe Darren is bringing the location back closer to the heart of NYC??   Or he has lined up some great folks (Rebecca Naomi Jones, Betsy Wolfe, Jeremy Jordan and  John Barrowman are on my wish list).  But . . . haha!  So funny what you both said about it being way too early for Darren to start promotion of Elsie Fest.    :big grin  I agree with that.  I thought Darren doesn't start promotion until the summer?

I love that you are speculating, Lilikoiluv. 

Since we are having fun speculating, I'll throw a few more out.  What if Darren was producing a show with other co-producers?   Or if he wrote some music for a Broadway show?   I think the later wish is not very likely, but I would love to see him write music for a musical.  I also am still hoping that he star in a play on Broadway (or off-Broadway), since we haven't seen him do that yet.

Yes, we never know!   Darren is known to surprise us!

Lilikouluv wrote:. . . not that I've let my excitement get the best of me and have been wildly speculating over the meaning of just a few tweets . . . or anything like that . . .  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 1692114053

haha!  :amused

I don't follow Broadway news, so I didn't know Rebecca was in Significant Other.  But like you, I'm glad Darren went to show his support of Rebecca (she honestly seems so sweet), and yes, so nice that Laura Osnes was there too (she also seems like a genuinely nice person). 

Lilikoiluv, I knew you would be pleased that Darren was showing his suport of a fellow-StarKid, Britney Coleman, and former H2$ co-star, Stephanie Rothenberg, in Sunset Boulevard.

Lilikoiluv, thank you for pointing out that Etai is in the cast of An American in Paris.  I actually forgot to say that.  The funny thing is that my hubbie and I just saw the musical over the weekend, and I was so slow on the uptake.  I saw Etai's name in the playbill, but I just didn't equate him with Darren's friend (and former room-mate at U of Michigan, is that right?).   He was very charming and funny in the role.   Hats off to Etai for organizing the benefit concert for the ACLU, such an outstanding legal organization that performs such vital work (especially right now).  And yes!  I did wonder if Darren will be one of the surprise guests.  I hope he does.  And I hope as well that the event is a great success.

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Lea talked about Darren in an interview.

HG: We are in a moment in time where several series are returning for revivals … Would you do a revival of “Glee” and play Rachel Berry again? 
LM: Of course I would do that, maybe a few years in the future … I really love Glee and would love to do it again.

HG: And a spin-off for Rachel ?! 
LM : Oh, Rachel spin-off?! I think that would be fun if I’d be able to bring back some of my friends that were in the cast, you know? Chris Colfer, Darren Criss… if we were all together, I think that it would be cool. [ That’d be our dream? ]

HG: Speaking of Darren, are you still going to do that “Battlefield” duet? 
LM: Oh! Hahahaha! Yes, we were talking about that this morning. For sure, we’ll work on it and try to make it happen.

HG: How wonderful!

Source : http://leamichele-news.tumblr.com/post/158985584788/lea-michele-talks-about-her-new-album-brazilian

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting that, Jeremy.  :happy face

More on the benefit concert for the ACLU, "A Night of Light," on April 3 at 8 pm, at the Prospect Theatre (on Hollywood Bl. in Los Angeles):

A very nice video with many familiar faces urging us to support the ACLU by attending "A Night of Light." 

@etaibenson: http://www.tiny.cc/aaip4aclu @DarrenCriss @GeorgeTakei @SkylarAstin @erichbergen @CW_TheFlash @alexwyse @ABrightMonster @WICKED_Musical @ACLU

via dailydarrennews

Link to buy tickets to "A Night of Light":   http://www.tiny.cc/aaip4aclu

A NIGHT OF LIGHT:

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Here+No+Lies+Web

“Life is already so dark. If you have the talent to make it brighter, to bring people joy and hope, why would you withhold that?” - An American in Paris

A Night of Light wrote:
“A Night of Light” is a celebration of joy and hope in these turbulent times - a night of artists using their talents to stand up and make their voices heard. All proceeds from this event will go directly to the ACLU. Featuring thrilling performances by the cast of An American in Paris (plus some very special guests) as well as a live auction chock full of exclusive prizes, this will surely be a night to remember.
Source:  http://www.prospecttheatre.la/anightoflight/

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

I knew Darren would see Etai in An American in Paris!  What a pal!  thumbs up    And so wonderful to see Max and Darren hanging out!   Max is one of my favorite Glee cast members, a truly nice person.  heart

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onotz4U4ZT1qbool4o1_500

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onotz4U4ZT1qbool4o2_500

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onotz4U4ZT1qbool4o3_r1_500
mypatronusismalec:
March 30th, 2017

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

How sweet.  heart  Very cute pic!
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onqwaiQ9CJ1qeegj9o1_500
fallenjunkie:
  alibaldacchino1: Amazing to see @DarrenCriss again! I’m so glad he could come see me perform in @funhomemusical in LA! heart

In honor of April Fool's Day (April 1):  :big grin 
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onr1voYKxV1uetdyxo1_500

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onr1voYKxV1uetdyxo2_500

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onr1voYKxV1uetdyxo3_500

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_onr1voYKxV1uetdyxo4_500

link to Dogwarts letter

She seems like such a great person.  Kudos to her for her activism.  And it seems like she has some loving and fun-loving sisters!  :amused   Love Darren's reply to her.   :laughing

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Love listening to Alan Cumming and Darren sing "Wig in a Box"!!   Love seeing how much fun they are having! 

tedsun77  So much fun! having these lovely guys over last night #alancumming #darrencriss #lancehorne #wiginabox 

# Repost  j_a_n_e_f_o_n_d_a Singing “Wig in a Box” with Alan Cumming, Darren Chris, Lance Horne and a bunch of other incredible people…not a bad way to spend Saturday night.  heart #music #hedwigandtheangryinch #tedsun77 #briangraden #creidlee #darrencriss http://ift.tt/2oNHzze

April 2, 2017

via   DarrenCrissArmy 

Via Alli Coates’ Instagram Story - April 1, 2017
via dailydarrennews

^^Those sing-a-long videos are great!  Thanks for posting them, Poppy.  There's another one of Darren singing and conducting a sing-a-long for "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid too! 
Things that came to mind while enjoying those videos:
--OF COURSE they're having a sing-a-long!
--OF COURSE Darren is singing "Part of Your World" (such a cute rendition BTW!  :happy face)
-- after their epic fail at Marie's Crisis, I guess Cabaret's "I Don't Care Much" will be Darren and Alan's go-to karaoke song from now on  :laughing Their friendship brings a smile to my face.  :happy face
--Lovely harmonizing on "Wig in a Box"!

I was wondering if Darren would be attending the "Speech and Debate" premiere in NYC on Sunday, and when those sing-a-long videos popped up, I thought, "Ah well, I guess he won't be attending the premiere (because you know they probably were singing/partying 'til the wee hours of the morning)."  BUT, I forgot it was Darren so OF COURSE he took an early flight to NYC and made it to the premiere--looking so handsome too! lol. The Energizer Bunny strikes again!  :big grin

Thanks for the quote fro Lea, Jeremy! I hope Darren and Lea can coordinate their schedules to get to perform her song together some day.  They sound great together and it would be great to see them performing together again.  

Thanks for the extra info on today's fundraiser by the touring cast and crew of "An American in Paris", Poppy!  It should be quite an event!  Fingers crossed that Darren will be lending his talents to the cause! He hopped a plan to NYC for the "Speech and Debate" premiere, so I'm sure he could hop back on a plane to come back to LA to lend his support for the fundraiser! Right?

I'm so glad that Darren went to see Etai in the production. It was extra nice to see that he and Max attended together, and that Max got to meet Etai!  

Poppy wrote:I'm so ignorant. I don't even know when the Tony's are.  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Icon_redface 
:shocked No knowing when the Tonys are because it's not in your interest area priorities most certainly doesn't make you ignorant, Poppy.  The Tony Awards are usually held in June (like when Darren did the pre-show hosting during his Hedwig B'Way fun). So that's why it came to mind when speculating about the super secret photo shoot.  But I though it was still too early for even that.  

Poppy wrote:I did wonder if it had something to do with Elsie Fest.  Maybe Darren is bringing the location back closer to the heart of NYC??   Or he has lined up some great folks (Rebecca Naomi Jones, Betsy Wolfe, Jeremy Jordan and  John Barrowman are on my wish list).  But . . . 
Bringing the location back closer would be a wonderful move. And you have an excellent wish list for some of the possible performers! They are all people Darren has worked with, so they are all great options.  Let's hope all or some of them are able to join the fun this year! 

Poppy wrote:Since we are having fun speculating, I'll throw a few more out.  What if Darren was producing a show with other co-producers?   Or if he wrote some music for a Broadway show?   I think the later wish is not very likely, but I would love to see him write music for a musical.  I also am still hoping that he star in a play on Broadway (or off-Broadway), since we haven't seen him do that yet. 
Ooooh, excellent ideas, Poppy!  Even if they're not for this particular photo session, all three have long been part of my hopes for Darren's future Broadway endeavors (like you too)! 

Poppy wrote:Yes, we never know!   Darren is known to surprise us!
Now THIS is definitely something we know for certain and don't need to speculate about!  :amused 

How did you enjoy "An American in Paris" Poppy?  Are you excited for "Hamilton"?  It just opened it tour in San Francisco recently, so you must be getting excited about it's upcoming run at the Pantages!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv! :hello 

Lilikoiluv wrote:^^Those sing-a-long videos are great!  Thanks for posting them, Poppy.  There's another one of Darren singing and conducting a sing-a-long for "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid too! 
Things that came to mind while enjoying those videos:
--OF COURSE they're having a sing-a-long!
--OF COURSE Darren is singing "Part of Your World" (such a cute rendition BTW!  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 3308115737)
-- after their epic fail at Marie's Crisis, I guess Cabaret's "I Don't Care Much" will be Darren and Alan's go-to karaoke song from now on  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 1021284439 Their friendship brings a smile to my face.  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 3308115737
--Lovely harmonizing on "Wig in a Box"!

haha.  I love that interview that Alan Cumming gave about his forgetting the words to "I Don't Care Much."  And it always makes me laugh when he refers to Darren as "wee Darren,"  or "little Darren," and even sometimes uses hand gestures to indicate how tall Darren is (if you were to go by Alan's hand gestures, you would think Darren was about 2 feet tall).  :amused   They're a cute pair of friends, and I think it's so lovely when they do these sing-a longs. 

Here's a video of Alan talking about the time he sang "I Don't Care Much" with "little Darren."   Alan talks about his duet with Darren at Marie's Crisis at Point 1:30.

Late Night with Seth Meyers
via darrencriss-news

Pic of Alan cheering "wee D." 
rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_nrr80uEVCS1uo6446o1_500
darrencrisshedwig:
   Alancumming: Just saw @DarrenCriss rock it again in @HedwigOnBway. Bravo wee D, bravo!!
via darrencriss-news

Here's the cute video of Darren singing "Part of Your World."  (To be honest, I couldn't make out what he was singing.  :amused Thanks for clarifying to me, Lilikoiluv!)

Via Alli Coates’ Instagram Story - April 1, 2017
dailydarrennews

Lilikoiluv wrote:I was wondering if Darren would be attending the "Speech and Debate" premiere in NYC on Sunday, and when those sing-a-long videos popped up, I thought, "Ah well, I guess he won't be attending the premiere (because you know they probably were singing/partying 'til the wee hours of the morning)."  BUT, I forgot it was Darren so OF COURSE he took an early flight to NYC and made it to the premiere--looking so handsome too! lol. The Energizer Bunny strikes again!  rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 2780594425

haha!

Lilikoiluv wrote:
Thanks for the extra info on today's fundraiser by the touring cast and crew of "An American in Paris", Poppy!  It should be quite an event!  Fingers crossed that Darren will be lending his talents to the cause! He hopped a plan to NYC for the "Speech and Debate" premiere, so I'm sure he could hop back on a plane to come back to LA to lend his support for the fundraiser! Right?
Absolutely!  No reason why he can't make it to the ACLU fundraiser tonight that Etai organized.  :happy face  It was very nice that he went to show his support of Etai by seeing An American in Paris, and that Max met Etai too.  Love that nice tweet that Max did about Etai's performance in An American in Paris.

Aw, thanks for your kind words, Lilikoiluv, and for explaining when the Tonys are (ah, yes, I remember now Darren doing the pre-show hosting with Laura Osnes while Darren was in Hedwig on Broadway).  :happy face   It does seem that photo-shoot would be too early in relation to when the Tonys occur. 

Lilikoiluv wrote:
How did you enjoy "An American in Paris" Poppy?  Are you excited for "Hamilton"?  It just opened it tour in San Francisco recently, so you must be getting excited about it's upcoming run at the Pantages!

My hubbie and I really enjoyed the show!  Lovely, beautiful dancing, and lovely music.   It also had quite a bit of comedy too, which I enjoyed, and I thought Etai did a wonderful job--he was very charming and his comic timing is so good!

I'm looking forward to the Book of Mormon.  And Hamilton too of course! 

EDIT:  I just checked the ACLU fundraiser, "A Night of Light" in at the Prospect Theatre (on Hollywood Bl. in Los Angeles), and the tickets are selling well.   :bravo Get your tickets when you can, folks! 

A NIGHT OF LIGHT:

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Here+No+Lies+Web

A Night of Light wrote:
“A Night of Light” is a celebration of joy and hope in these turbulent times - a night of artists using their talents to stand up and make their voices heard. All proceeds from this event will go directly to the ACLU. Featuring thrilling performances by the cast of An American in Paris (plus some very special guests) as well as a live auction chock full of exclusive prizes, this will surely be a night to remember.
Source:  http://www.prospecttheatre.la/anightoflight/

Link to buy tickets to "A Night of Light":   http://www.tiny.cc/aaip4aclu

Poppy wrote:My hubbie and I really enjoyed the show!  Lovely, beautiful dancing, and lovely music.   It also had quite a bit of comedy too, which I enjoyed, and I thought Etai did a wonderful job--he was very charming and his comic timing is so good!

I'm looking forward to the Book of Mormon.  And Hamilton too of course! 
Glad to hear you enjoyed "An American in Paris" and Etai's performance Poppy! Etai played Boq for a while in the touring company of "Wicked" too. 

I think you'll enjoy "Book of Mormon"! My husband and I (and our friends) loved it.  I got to see A.J. Holmes as a brilliant Elder Cunningham! (A.J. is another StarKid that Carlos collaborated with to write music for their shows with.)  That tour is currently in Australia.  

I envy you getting to enjoy "Hamilton"!  The OBC recording has many plays on my ipod--it was my go-to "album" during the long flights we had as we traveled last year.

Sorry for the OT post.  Um, to get things back on track to the actual topic of this thread, here's a throwback to Darren's "Book of Mormon" moments as Elder Price during the NY and Toronto Symphony concerts for us to appreciate . . . again! Love his little "Elder Criss" nametag.  :laughing

rainbowcolors - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 6 Tumblr_o4covp6g5b1te82k8o1_540
x

And here's a link to the fun rendition of "You and Me (But Mostly Me)" Darren did.  I love the lovely comment the poster made about the recording too. -->LINK

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm glad you enjoyed BOM, Lilikoiluv.  It seems like something right up my alley.  Aw, how lucky that you saw A.J. Holmes.  I was wondering if he would be in the show.  Thanks for letting me know his tour group is in Australia.  How fun for them!

I'm glad that you love the Hamilton Broadway cast recording, Lilikoiluv.  I know so many people who love it as well.  What are your favorite songs?

Thanks so much for those cute pics of "Elder Criss."  :amused  And of course for the fun recording of Darren singing "You and Me (But Mostly Me)."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum