Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't have time to post these earlier, so here they are:  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

Alan and Darren have such a cute friendship. 
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_opq4bnNgss1uetdyxo1_500
lance_horne: Captain?
  May 10 2017

This is such a lovely pic.  Love Darren's big smile here. 
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_opp14trgHh1qeegj9o1_1280
fallenjunkie:
  nataliegrillo24: This was one of the coolest things I’ve done since moving to NY. #TodayTix #Rebrand #photoshoot #EvaNoblezada #DarrenCriss #AlexandraSilber #ArianaDeBose

via dailydarrennews

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule:

Present-June 4         Voting for Round One of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

June 4, 2017.            Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

June 12-July2            Voting on Final 5 (Round 2) of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

July 5                        Winner of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest announced.  Winner gets to open the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Nice pic with Stephen Schwartz.  :happy face Wonder when this was and for what event? 

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_opuph0ZZvC1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost @weplaycomputers

Player 1 & Player 2 with one of the original creators of the game itself- Stephen Schwartz. Thanks for the inspiration! ‬ http://ift.tt/2r1Ivop

via Darren Criss Army

Speaking of Stephen Schwartz:
musicalschwartz.com wrote:
The Prince of Egypt Movie and Stage Musical

Update February 2017: The new Stephen Schwartz - Philip LaZebnik musical The Prince of Egypt will premiere at Theatreworks in the San Francisco Bay Area Oct 6 - Nov 5, 2017 . . . 

DreamWorks Theatricals is in the process of developing a stage adaptation of the movie musical The Prince of Egypt . . .

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

It's Asian Pacific Heritage Month.  :happy face

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oq02qd02nF1ubd9qxo1_1280
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oq02qd02nF1ubd9qxo2_1280
via darrencrissarmy

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule:

Present-June 4         Voting for Round One of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

May 21                     *Computer Games at the Post-Walk Show of the AIDS Walk NY (12:30 pm)      

May 21                      Facebook Live at 3 pm ET

June 4, 2017.            Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

June 12-July2            Voting on Final 5 (Round 2) of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

July 5                        Winner of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest announced.  Winner gets to open the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

* If you raise $200, you gain admission for one to the Post-Walk Show.  If you raise $300, you earn admission for two to the Post-Walk Show. 
NYAidsWalk wrote:Check out our Day-of-Event flier for all you need to know
about this year’s exciting event!
https://ny.aidswalk.net/Day-of-Event-Info

Last edited by Poppy on Thu May 18, 2017 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From DarrenCrissArmy:

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oq1zxhWZjD1qe6vjyo1_540
playbill:
  Disney’s The Little Mermaid Live Special to Air on ABC

Playbill wrote:
Disney's The Little Mermaid Live Special to Air on ABC

May 16, 2017

ABC is planning its own take on the live television musical with The Wonderful World of Disney: Little Mermaid Live, a two-hour special that will air October 3.

The special will combine the 1989 animated film with live musical performances from celebrity artists performing songs from the Alan Menken-Howard Ashman score. According to ABC, the special will use cutting edge technology to deliver a "never-before-seen live action/animation hybrid television experience."

Disney is also planning a live-action film remake of The Little Mermaid, featuring additional musical material from Hamilton star and creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, who will collaborate with Menken on the project.

The television special is inspired by the celebrity-studded concerts that took place at the Hollywood Bowl last year. The cast included Sara Bareilles as Ariel, Tituss Burgess as Sebastian the Crab, Darren Criss as Prince Eric, Rebel Wilson as Ursula the Sea Witch, Norm Lewis repeating his Broadway role as King Triton, Joshua Colley as Flounder, and John Stamos as Chef Louis.

[. . . ]

Upcoming live musical broadcasts also include Bye Bye Birdie and Jesus Christ Superstar on NBC, as well as A Christmas Story the Musical and Rent on Fox.

Aw, nice twitter conversation.  So sweet of Cynthia Erivo.  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oq2eg44EXn1uetdyxo1_500

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oq2eg44EXn1uetdyxo2_500

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oq2eg44EXn1uetdyxo3_r1_500
May 16 2017

I love Billboard's support of Darren!  Nice wish list from Billboard:

Billboard wrote:
'Rent' Live Musical Cast Wish List: Miley, Zayn, Lauren Jauregui & More

5/16/2017

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 01-rent-b-2017-billboard-1548

Fox announced that 'Rent' will be its next live musical.
It follows last year’s 'Grease Live,' which opened with a performance from Jessie J and starred Julianne Hough, Carly Rae Jepson and Vanessa Hudgens. With that star power, we’re sure Rent will follow suit. Here’s our wish list to fill out the rock musical’s ensemble.

[. . . ]

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Darren-criss-march-2017-billboard-1548
Darren Criss as Benny
We’re used to seeing Darren as a charming her, so wouldn’t it be delicious seeing him play the slimy businessman? And there’s something fun about him playing a role made famous by Taye Diggs -- as they both took turns as the namesake in Broadway’s adaptation of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I am sad to hear that one of Darren's fans has passed. 

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_nbawmsDRLL1tzb2k3o1_1280

Darren Criss Army wrote:
hellomaleka:
“I’m a, a diva!”

http://brixelated.com/diva/

Our hearts are broken. Yesterday (May 16, 2017) this world lost a beautiful soul in our dear friend and irreplaceable DCA team member, Marsha (@hellomaleka). We will miss her terribly.

We also know she’d kick our asses for wallowing in tears for too long, so we will do our best to celebrate her incredible spirit and find joy on the hardest of days, just like she always did. 

Marsha, we love you, and you are with us always.
via DarrenCrissArmy

I remember that Darren once had praised her art design for a shirt (or shirts) used for his 30th birthday fundraiser:

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oo7twa8nfY1uetdyxo2_r1_500

April 10, 2017

Her photos of Lego Blaine always brought a smile to my face.  My thoughts are with her family and friends.

Musician Chris Cornell has passed.
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oq7mi3uw8c1uetdyxo1_500

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule:

May 21                     *Computer Games at the Post-Walk Show of the AIDS Walk NY (12:30 pm)      

May 21                      Facebook Live at 3 pm ET

* If you raise $200, you gain admission for one to the Post-Walk Show.  If you raise $300, you earn admission for two to the Post-Walk Show.

NYAidsWalk wrote:
Check out our Day-of-Event flier for all you need to know
about this year’s exciting event!
https://ny.aidswalk.net/Day-of-Event-Info

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule:

June 4, 2017.           Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

June 12-July2           Voting on Final 5 (Round 2) of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

July 5                       Winner of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest announced.  Winner gets to open the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

KEEPING VOTING, EVERYONE!  Let's support Darren and Chuck!  :sing smiley :music

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Cute pics.  Thanks Mia!  What they are doing looks very hard to do.  I was curious what a wombat is, so I googled it.  Wikipedia's definition made me laugh.  "Wombats are short-legged, muscular quadrupedal marsupial . . . " 

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqix1kD7fY1tpkj9wo1_1280

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqix1kD7fY1tpkj9wo3_1280

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqix1kD7fY1tpkj9wo2_1280

jaded-idealism:(05/25/17)

From Mia’s snapchat (05/25/17)

dailydarrennews

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

We now see one of the photos from the TodayTix photo shoot on display.  So now, I'm not so sure if that photo shoot was or was not a hint of Darren returning to Broadway?

Love the message about looking at theater differently.  :happy face

From Darren Criss Army:

Thanks Mason, for capturing the poster!
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqldddCmoZ1ubd9qxo1_1280
“Oh hey there Darren Criss” via @masonalexanderpark IG story.

5/26/17 http://ift.tt/2ql79kG

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Last week (for Round 1) of VOTING in Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest!  Keep voting guys!   I finally started a Twitter Account, but am using it solely to vote for Computer Games, at least for now. :happy face

So . . . a bit of excitement among the fandom today, yes?     :cheeky  

I'm glad Darren's not shy.   :amused   I hope he really is not that red (he didn't look that red in the BottleRock videos, did he?)

Anyway, I'm not gonna post that pic, because I'm afraid the Forumotion police will take down this little forum.    :lol

Darren's Schedule:

June 4, 2017.           Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

June 12-July2           Voting on Final 5 (Round 2) of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star Contest

July 5                       Winner of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest announced.  Winner gets to open the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

KEEPING VOTING, EVERYONE!  Let's support Darren and Chuck! :sing smiley   :music  music note :music   music!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'll post a few responses from folks who seem to feel great dismay about Darren getting a horrible sunburn.   Razz

From Darren Criss Army:

This was actually really funny. 
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsvx2hyl71ubd9qxo1_1280

Note:  If you are confused about what is "covfefe," it's a reference to a tweet from Trump:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/05/31/president-trump-tweets-despite-the-constant-negative-press-covfefe-twitter-explodes/?utm_term=.09d4d34dfd5b    here are some hilarious suggested definitions of "covfefe" on Urban Dictionary:  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Covfefe&defid=11630863

Ha!  Andy and Tyler's responses.  :amused
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsoi40mpr1ubd9qxo3_500

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsoi40mpr1ubd9qxo4_1280

Does anyone remember that time Darren was encouraging people to audition for The Glee Project with Robert Ulrich, and Darren said at Point 1:07 . . .

Last edited by Poppy on Wed May 31, 2017 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

TBT:

From dailydarrennews

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqrrs3iAdH1uetdyxo1_500
charlenekaye: Can’t believe this May five years ago, I was deep in #APOCALYPTOUR with my @therealteamstarkid family, opening for them and playing gtr in their backing band. It was my first tour after releasing Animal Love and I’m so grateful to them for bringing me along. enough stories to tell for a lifetime in those weeks which I STILL tell regularly. It’s crazy to think of how much has happened since then - thanks everyone who’s stuck w me.  heart new music from me coming real soon  #dontpooponthebus

May 30, 2017

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sad to hear that dailydarrennews is saying goodbye to their tumblr.  I'm not sure, but it sounds like their tumblr still may be used to post larger photo sets, so there's that.  They did a fantastic job keeping up with Darren--and he is one difficult guy to keep up with--considering the many activities he is engaged in.   If you have a moment, please tweet or post thanks to dailydarrennews.   

In the meantime, they still will be using their twitter account to report on news about Darren.  I would like to encourage people who like to use tumblr to follow Darren, to support Darren Criss Army.  And there is the fan-run blog for Computer Games:  Computer Games Street Team .

Links: 

http://darrencrissarmy.com/tagged/darren-criss

https://computergamesst.tumblr.com/about

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oquif5IkkS1ubd9qxo1_1280
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oquif5IkkS1ubd9qxo2_1280

Convention Stories, Nuntius Californiensis (California Junior Classical League), Spring 2017

Note:  About California JCL (Junior Classical League):
"The California Junior Classical League was founded in 1955 to provide a forum for Latin students to compete in a wide range of academic, art, and athletic contests, both individually and by chapter."   Source:  https://www.facebook.com/pg/CAJCL/about/?ref=page_internal

I had heard that Darren studied Latin, so it's interesting for me to hear more about what he did in connection with that study.  :happy face

There has been quite a bit of media coverage over Darren's instagram.  You can google him and you will come across many articles. 

I find some of reaction comments to be funny.   You can find many of the reactions (as well as media coverage) here:  https://dcriss-archive.tumblr.com/tagged/acs-versace

I'll post some of the funny reaction comments:

From Darren Criss Archive:

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqufsxFlNZ1wpi2k2o1_1280

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqucehs9BE1wpi2k2o1_1280

Some more light-hearted responses:
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o1_540
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o2_540

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o3_540

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o4_540

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o5_540

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o6_540

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o7_540

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o8_540

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqsrr5b68k1wpi2k2o9_540

https://dcriss-archive.tumblr.com/post/161265807744#notes

Note:  Andy Mientus (also from U of Michigan; Spring Awakening, Smash, Flash) and George Watsky (hip hop artist, author and poet) are friends of Darren.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:  applause

raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqtpqnmGxZ1wpi2k2o1_1280
May 31, 2017

via dcriss-archive

He is almost at 2,004,000 (2,003,296 at this moment, in the early morning hours of 6/2/17).   thumbs up

From Darren Criss Army:
raminkarimloo - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 8 Tumblr_oqvn697vwS1ubd9qxo1_1280

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Keep voting please!   Just 3 more days left to vote in Round 1 of Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest!  We need to make sure Computer Games goes on to the next round of voting (top 5 music artists go onto the next round).

Remember: 

Sunday 6/4/2017 at 11:59pm ET - Voting on Top 10 Ends!!!  So keep voting throughout Sunday and Sunday night!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

TWO MORE DAYS to vote for Computer Games! 

Please keep voting Saturday, and throughout Sunday morn, afternoon and night!

Remember: 

Sunday 6/4/2017 at 11:59pm ET - Voting on Top 10 Ends!!!  So keep voting throughout Sunday and Sunday night!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

The concert at the Teragram Ballroom is Sunday, which also is the last day of voting for Round 1. 

Darren's Schedule:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum