Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Did anyone else have a problem with the forum logo pic not showing up earlier today?   I couldn't see the logo pic (of Darren with his pink and green glasses and top hat) earlier today.    The URL wasn't working any more, so I replaced it.

Does anyone want to try a new pic for the forum logo?   Let me know and we can vote on some options.

Poppy wrote:That interview of Darren on the Naked American Songbook was really fun to listen to.  You could hear and feel how passionate Darren is about music, and about the process of music composition.  Also loved the harmonizing near the end during "Don't You."  I enjoyed hearing the feedback by the host about "Don't You," of how Darren was bridging the gap between the classical and contemporary songs. I have to say that the Naked American Songbook show did a great job of referencing what Darren mentioned during the interview, by playing songs/excerpts of songs, and even a part of the Six by Sondheim show.   I assume that Darren visited the Naked American Songbook when he was in the Hedwig and the Angry Inch tour, since it was mentioned that Darren was busy with rehearsals, although it seems the Naked American Songbook is in NYC.

He probably recorded it in September when we got the first picture after his haircut. The location was listed as WQXR, which is in the same building as the WNYC studios.

howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_odv65fVX9Z1uetdyxo1_1280

dasaniqueen after hours

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

DaisiesAndLilies wrote:He probably recorded it in September when we got the first picture after his haircut. The location was listed as WQXR, which is in the same building as the WNYC studios.

Ah, great memory and detective skills, DaisiesAndLilies.  I forgot about that pic.  Thanks for the answer.   :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm really amazed you remembered that pic, DaisiesandLilies!!  bow to you  Impressive memory and detective skills, DaisiesAndLilies!

I was curious so I went back to when that pic was posted here, and I found this previous post that was made on Sept. 21, 2016.

Poppy wrote:
From dailydarrennews:

howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_odv65fVX9Z1uetdyxo1_1280
dasaniqueen: after hours
dailydarrennews
September 21, 2016

So the link to the person posting it is to Hillary Bonhomme.  She adds "WQXR."

When I looked her up, it did lead to WQXR, which led me to New York Public Radio.   It is described that New York Public Radio is "is home to three of the country’s leading public radio stations – WNYC FM, WNYC AM and WQXR FM . . . WNYC is a major producer of original content for public radio nationwide.  WQXR is New York City’s only all-classical music station."   At the WQXR website, Hillary Bonhomme is listed, and she is also listed under their other station, WNYC.

I also found info about her at this site:  National Arts Marketing Project.  It says she is a vocalist.  She has an internship with WQXR, under New York Public Radio. 

So Darren is at a classical music radio station(WQXR)/station that produces original content (WNYC) in NYC?   Why?   It could be he's just visiting a friend.   Or it could be something else.

And the link to Darren's interview on the Naked American Songbook links to WNYC. 

ha!  DaisiesAndLilies answered both my question yesterday and my question in my earlier post of Sept. 21, 2016.  The date that dasaniqueen  posted that pic is September 20.   Darren most likely was in rehearsals preparing for his performances in October for the Hedwig tour shows in SF.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren and Max went to see The Front Page.
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ojpj3b3D5m1uetdyxo1_250  howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ojpj3b3D5m1uetdyxo2_250

Darren at The Front Page on Broadway with Max Adler - January 10, 2017 | [x/x]

At Dear Evan Hansen:
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ojq69rV6Eg1uetdyxo1_1280

Dear Evan Hansen The penguin, a girl, and an East-German Rocker all visited Evan last night. @robinlordtaylor #AllisonWilliams @BenSPLATT @DarrenCriss
dailydarrennews

howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ojqdgd9Qrq1uetdyxo1_500
Michael Park Bratt and Finch 2.0 together again! #DigitalNight @DearEvanHansen @DarrenCriss

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy wrote:Does anyone want to try a new pic for the forum logo?   Let me know and we can vote on some options

A poll about choosing a new picture could be fun.

Anyway, we have to modify the description in the forum logo because "perfromances" is not an English word :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

How embarrassing.  Embarassed   I didn't even notice that typo.  Thanks for pointing that out, Jeremy.   So if anyone is interested in a new Forum logo pic, just go ahead and post possible pics for the Forum logo.    Otherwise, I can keep this photo too.  I'm rather fond of it.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Well, you accidentally have discovered a pun between "performance" and "romance" :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ha!   :big grin

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ANNOUNCEMENT:  DISAPPEARING IMAGES

For anyone reading this forum, there is a problem that popped up this week.  First, I noticed this forum's logo pic disappeared, and then I noticed many pics which I found on tumblr (mostly dailydarrennews), that were posted in this forum in the various threads, disappeared as well.  

You may be confused as to why you see so many captions without any pics, so that is why.  I will be asking for assistance from the Forumotion Support Forum, but I'm not sure yet if they will be able to give me an easy solution.   Lin has been assisting me and she discovered that Tumblr changed the URL on the images that disappeared.  There are a lot of pics involved, and I just do not have the time to go post-to-post to fix the images in the posts.  I apologize for the missing pics.    If you are a member, you may click on the links to see the images from their various sources.

To current members:  If you see some of the images in your posts have disappeared, this is most likely why.  I greatly would appreciate it if you would take the time to repost the images in your posts.  But if you do not have the time, no worries.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

UPDATE ON THE CASE OF THE MISSING PICS

Everyone, Lin is a tech wizard!   She has given me a way to fix the problem!   thumbs up clapping hands   Yea!  THANK YOU SO MUCH, LIN!!    I appreciate your help so much!!    bow to you bow to you bow to you

The fix involves going post-to-post, but the great news is that I do not have to actually re-copy the missing images.   Lin's fix is much faster than that.  I may not get through all the posts with missing images, but I'll get through many of them.  :happy face

Note to members:  I have had no need to edit any posts by members, since we have such nice members (of course!)   heart If you see I have edited any of your previous posts, it is because I am applying Lin's fix to your post, to restore the missing images in your post.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's been flying cross country again (of course!).  :happy face 

From dailydarrennews:

A fan saw him at JFK International Airport (NYC) and posted it on January 13 (Friday).
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ojw4kxBJ4S1uetdyxo1_500

howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ojw4kxBJ4S1uetdyxo2_500
Darren with a fan at JFK on January 13th, 2017 | source

Another fan saw him at Amelie the musical in Los Angeles.  Her post is dated today, January 16.
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ojv2yaWiEj1v447fko1_250

You can find her post here:  allysfantasy:

Michael Feinstein tweeted about doing another duet with Darren!  
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ojw4pmx1xf1uetdyxo1_500
@MichaelFeinstei (dated January 16, 2017)
link to old photo

I loved their duet when Darren was invited to perform on Michael Feinstein's New Year's Eve at the Rainbow Room, which was aired on PBS on December 31, 2014.   Here is a video of that performance, courtesy of Alex of DCN :

They sound so good.  Love their harmonizing.  :love

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

UPDATE:  DISAPPEARING IMAGES

I managed to restore almost all of the missing images from the various threads.  The only thread/Topic where I may not get to all the images is the longest thread (Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2016).

I apologize for the missing pics.    If you are a member, you may click on the links to see the images from their various sources.

Also, if there are certain posts that you wrote for which you would like me to restore images, please PM me and I will try to restore the images in those specific posts.   This mostly may concern the Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2016, since I believe I was able to retrieve most of the images in all other threads.   If I missed some images in the other threads, feel free to PM me as well. 

If there are certain posts written by someone other than yourself, but for which you would like the images restored, also feel free to PM me about those posts.

To current members:  If you see some of the images in your posts have disappeared, this is most likely why.  If you see I have edited any of your previous posts, it is because I am applying Lin's fix to your post, to restore the missing images in your post.

Poppy, thank you so much for ALL the work you put into this forum.   :hug bow to you :for you
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_mbun53AVHl1r63f5bo2_r1_250

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, you're welcome, Lin.   And thank you for your wonderfully clever fix!   bow to you bow to you bow to you   I'm grateful for your knowledge of how Forumotion forums operate and for your sharp computer savvy skills.  study      I wouldn't have been able to restore those images in the majority of the threads without your tech skills.   Most of all, thank you for your support of this little forum.    :thank you  It means a lot to me.  heart

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

fallenjunkie:
Via Darren’s snapchat (January 17th, 2017)

Was this just a random video inspired by Prince?  :big grin

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

IMPORTANT NOTE
ANNOUNCEMENT:  DELETED POSTS IN Darren Appreciation Thread for 2017

On January 23, 2017, I accidentally deleted one thread (the "Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017").    I do apologize!

I restored the thread in question, through the back-up, but the back up only went up to January 19, 2017.  Thus, posts from January 20-23, 2017, in the "Darren Appreciation Thread:  General News about Darren for 2017" were lost.

Thank you Lin, for pinpointing what I did wrong, and for the suggestion of what I can do to help prevent me from doing the same error.

IMPORTANT NOTE: 

UPDATE:  Deleted Posts in The Darren Appreciation Thread for 2017

Unfortunately, I am unable to restore those posts from January 20-23, 2017, in one thread, the "Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017."

If anyone remembers if they posted in the "Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017" from January 20- 23, 2017, feel free to re-post your comments in this thread.  I apologize if I lost any members' posts. 

I think that almost all of the posts during that time period in this one thread were done by me, but I'm not completely sure. 

Going through what Darren Criss Army and Daily Darren News posted during January 20-23, I have re-posted some of the events that they covered from January 20-23, 2017 (the time period of the lost posts in this thread).

Thank you everyone for your patience.

Here are some of the pics and videos that I am re-posting that were posted by Daily Darren News and Darren Criss Army, from  January 20-23, 2017. 

The anniversary of Darren's performance on January 19, 2013 at Barack Obama's Kids' Inaugural concert:

THROWBACK THURSDAY: Darren Criss, Naya Rivera and Amber Riley performing at Barack Obama’s Kids’ Inaugural, January 19, 2013
(Source: youtube.com)
via DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrennews:

fallenjunkie:
    Darren at the unveiling of the Century Plaza Hotel via the centuryplazala instagram stories (January 19th, 2017)
January 20 2017   (Source)

I love this pic and Darren's message about President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama: :cry
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ok2hvik4Js1uetdyxo1_1280
darrencriss: … No, thank YOU, Mr. President.
This photo was taken four years ago tomorrow, and marks one of the greatest honors of my life. Thank you, Obamas, for your leadership, your grace, your strength, your compassion, your humor- the list goes on and on. You have been and will continue to be an inspiration to us all, for generations to come. Also let’s be real, hot damn what a great lookin’ couple. Can’t wait to see what you do next. #tbt
January 20 2017
dailydarrennews

Not sure what this is or means, but it sounds intriguing.  :happy face
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ok3f3sxPsl1uetdyxo1_500
blfarber #LetsBeEmo & #DarrenCriss scheming a couple things for 2017!
January 20 2017
dailydarrennews

This is a cute video.  I think this is about the birthday of a friend of Mia's?   I think, but am not sure that is Mr. Hudson? Darren is an adorable dork.  heart

Via Mia’s snapchat (January 22nd, 2017)
mypatronusismalec

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:52 am; edited 7 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin and everyone else, I put discussion of Darren being a guest-star on The Flash and Supergirl cross-over episodes in this thread:  Darren's TV Projects for 2017

In other news:

Darren changed his Twitter Profile:
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ok8yyaPSn11uetdyxo1_r1_1280
Darren’s updated Twitter profile
January 23, 2017
via dailydarrennews

And he changed photos on his Facebook page:
howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ok8zzvhVzX1ubd9qxo1_1280

howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ok8zzvhVzX1ubd9qxo2_1280

Darren updated his Facebook profile pic and cover photo 1/23/17
via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Schedule:

January 27-29.          BroadwayCon.  NYC.   For tickets:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/broadwaycon-2017-registration-23224580345?aff=bwayweekarticles

February 11.              Night of Stars concert.  (FL).  For tickets:  561-832-7469 or visit the official website at http://www.kravis.org/,  or
                                  http://www.kravis.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=performances.calendar&series_id=1&dspmonth=2&dspyear=2017&CalendarInput=&monthYearJump=2%2F1%2F2017

April 2017.                 University of Michigan Bicentennial Celebration.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews

Some pics of Darren, courtesy of Alex of DCN (thanks Alex!).  I will post a couple of the pics.  Go to Alex's blog to see all the pics:  darrenkey

howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_okbf1qsOeC1u4l72go8_1280

howtosucceed - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_okbf1qsOeC1u4l72go7_1280
darrenkey:
    [UHQ] Actor Darren Criss arrives at the unveiling of the remodeled Century Plaza in Los Angeles California | January 19, 2017.
via dailydarrennews

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum