Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 16]

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

From the Youtube channel Darren Criss : 

excited

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Why so mysterious and secretive, Darren?  confused Question 

Let the speculation begin! 

I'm guessing it's Computer Games related-because it's on his Youtube channel (as well as on his twitter and instagram).  If it was related to a TV show or a Broadway show, not sure if he would put it on his Youtube channel along with his other social media.  Hey, I'm just guessing.  I don't know

He is using a pic with a beard, not the clean-faced look that he had to do due to filming Versace.  The beard means "Darren," versus a role.  I'm guessing again it's Computer Games related.

So maybe a Computer Games tour (including China)?

P.S. I like your usage of the little emoticon, Jeremy.  :amused

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

I agree it's most likely music-related, but since it's only on Darren's social media, my money is on that solo EP he promised. :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I think it can also be the music video for the song Lost boys life.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I was out and about today and was thinking that maybe it's Darren's solo album, and then returned and saw Lin's post.  :happy face  I've been hoping Darren would keep his word and release his solo album this year, so can't wait to see if that happens!  :fingers crossed :fingers crossed

I think Jeremy's idea is a good possibility too.

Darren posted the same mysterious message on twitter and his instagram:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otg7xa8fAC1wpi2k2o1_1280
DarrenCriss: coming soon

July 21, 2017

via dcriss-archive

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otg831O7hh1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s Instagram Story (July 21st, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

A few reactions: 

From dcriss-archive:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgt7cqwke1wpi2k2o3_r1_540

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgt7cqwke1wpi2k2o4_r1_540

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgnjf7mLb1wpi2k2o1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgiei5cvd1wpi2k2o2_r1_1280

From Darren Criss Army:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgisun4vF1ubd9qxo1_1280

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I appreciate the translation!  Thanks dcriss-archive!

DarrenCriss_Official: I want to play just a few songs for you. I’ll do a mash-up. These were requested by you. So here they are.

July 20, 2017

via dcriss-archive

dcriss-archive: wrote:For anyone that wants to know what Darren said in the video, here’s a translation:

Nihao Weibo. = Hello Weibo.

Wo hui shuo yidianr putonghua. = I can speak a little Standard Chinese/Mandarin.

Wo shuode buhao. = I don’t speak [it] well.

Xie xie. = Thank you.

Zai jian. = Goodbye. (The literal meaning is more like “see you again.”)
via dcriss-archive

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is funny.  :amused  Darren's friends may like to make fun of him sometimes, but they always support him.  heart

Can't wait to see if this is about Darren's solo album/EP!!! 

From Darren Criss Army:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgye1dh0L1ubd9qxo1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgye1dh0L1ubd9qxo2_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgye1dh0L1ubd9qxo3_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgye1dh0L1ubd9qxo4_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgye1dh0L1ubd9qxo5_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otgye1dh0L1ubd9qxo6_1280

"This time, no speedo."  :big grin   Was "this time" also a play on words on Darren's song?  :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I forgot about this thread about Darren's album, that has been a little quiet.  For any further discussion about Darren's album, please go here:  Discussion of Darren's Album

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

From dcriss-archive:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otih1xNuAa1wpi2k2o2_r1_500h

I couldn't find any info confirming that Darren is on the Today Show's calendar on  August 2, but of course I hope that he is on that show on August 2.     http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/today/tv-listings/100548/

Darren's Schedule:

July 26                     Noon-time (ET), Darren makes an announcement (guess what?)

August 2                  On the Today Show(?)

August 26                 In the Cosmos/WordTheatre (Los Angeles)

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but if Darren's announcement on July 26 is about his album, I wonder why he is making it noon-time Eastern Time? 

Poppy wrote:-

From dcriss-archive:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otih1xNuAa1wpi2k2o2_r1_500h

I couldn't find any info confirming that Darren is on the Today Show's calendar on  August 2, but of course I hope that he is on that show on August 2.     http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/today/tv-listings/100548/
Yes, the "magician" Darren Criss is definitely listed on the Today Show schedule for August 2nd. 
He's actually listed during the 9:00 hour.  Here's a link:
http://www.nbc.com/schedule

You may need to move the week showing at the top of the page to next week, and then scroll down to the 9:00 hour. 

So, here's hoping that . . . 
1.  Darren is truly the guest that day 
2.  this is an appearance (and MUSICAL PERFORMANCE) related to his July 26th announcement! 
(which makes complete sense)
3.  this is perhaps an announcement for another (more EXTENSIVE) tour he will be doing in conjunction with his--ahem--July 26th announcement--ahem-- (like he did with the LU Tour).
4.  if Darren truly has become a magician, that he pulls his long-awaited album/EP out of his hat!  :amused

:fingers crossed

*dashes off to dinner*

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv! Hi there! 

Thanks for finding that link.  Yup, I see "magician Darren Criss" on their August 2 schedule, at 9 am.  :happy face

Lilikoiluv wrote:So, here's hoping that . . . 
1.  Darren is truly the guest that day 
2.  this is an appearance (and MUSICAL PERFORMANCE) related to his July 26th announcement! 
(which makes complete sense)
3.  this is perhaps an announcement for another (more EXTENSIVE) tour he will be doing in conjunction with his--ahem--July 26th announcement--ahem-- (like he did with the LU Tour).

Yes to all three points!  I hope that it is Darren who is their guest that day, and that he does a musical performance!  I also would love to see him do a tour (in conjunction with a release of his solo album, or EP)! 

Lilikoiluv wrote:4.  if Darren truly has become a magician, that he pulls his long-awaited album/EP out of his hat!  iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 3295213406

haha!  :amused  It is very exciting to think of the possibility that Darren will be releasing on July 26, his solo album or EP, that his fans have been eagerly waiting for!   :fingers crossed :fingers crossed

I hope you had a nice dinner, Lilikoiluv.  Thanks for your research and your post!  :happy face

Thanks, Lilikoiluv! They also have a mentalist listed in the same time slot, so that's probably where the magician mistake came from. Or I guess they could be having a magician theme that day, but I'm just going to assume they do mean Darren.

Poppy wrote:Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but if Darren's announcement on July 26 is about his album, I wonder why he is making it noon-time Eastern Time?  
Because that's pretty much the best time he could have picked for ME, obviously. :happy face :happy face
I assume he is doing some promo in New York because he's probably combining this with announcing/promoting Elsie. I think he has some time off from ACS right now because they're filiming Versace scenes and their storylines are so seperate for the most part (I saw casting calls for Italians for Monday/Tuesday and for a fashion show/Vogue party later in the week).

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:Because that's pretty much the best time he could have picked for ME, obviously. iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 3308115737 iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 3308115737

haha!  Of course!  :amused

Lin wrote:I assume he is doing some promo in New York because he's probably combining this with announcing/promoting Elsie. I think he has some time off from ACS right now because they're filiming Versace scenes and their storylines are so seperate for the most part (I saw casting calls for Italians for Monday/Tuesday and for a fashion show/Vogue party later in the week).

Thanks, Lin.   That makes sense.    I saw this today on dcriss-archive:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otnjvqaA8r1wpi2k2o1_1280
The Elsie Fest website got updated (July 25th, 2017)

Link to Elsie Fest website:  https://www.elsiefest.com/

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Placing this here, based on my guess/hope that tomorrow that Darren will release his solo album/EP (or announce the release of his solo album/EP).  :happy face

From dcriss-archive:

Darren update his profile pic on Facebook:
iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 RosenfornevadaiHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto0r6niJa1wpi2k2o1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto14l4GAE1wpi2k2o4_r1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto14l4GAE1wpi2k2o5_r1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto14l4GAE1wpi2k2o6_r1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto14l4GAE1wpi2k2o1_r1_1280

dcriss-archive:
   Darren changed his icon on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube (July 25th, 2017)

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto2sq2vaV1wpi2k2o1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto2sq2vaV1wpi2k2o2_r1_1280
dcriss-archive:

Darren’s new icon & header on Spotify (July 25th, 2017)

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto658ux3q1wpi2k2o2_r1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_oto658ux3q1wpi2k2o1_r1_1280
dcriss-archive:
  New profile pic & header on Darren’s Spotify (July 25th, 2017)

215iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Empty "I Dreamed A Dream" cover. July 26, 2017 Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:32 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren did a sweet acoustic cover of "I Dreamed a Dream."   I love his voice on this cover, so quietly emotional.  heart

Darren Criss - I Dreamed A Dream

darrencriss‪: In honor of this year’s Elsie Fest announcement, I wanted to share with you a version of “I Dreamed A Dream” I recorded. Hope ya dig‬. Watch the video now on YouTube. (Link in bio)

FINALLY! I can tell you about @elsiefest 2017!! Pre-sale starts 8/1 @ 10am ET. Text “Darren” to +1 (650) 200-2966 to get the pre-sale code on Tuesday 

ALSO! I’m on YouTube answering comments right now. Come hang! My responses are always really really serious and not silly at all… So come prepared.

You also can go to this Link to sign up for pre-sale code:  Sign Up link  or

http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

Via Darren’s Instagram Story  (July 26th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otpht9YOJm1wpi2k2o1_540

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otpht9YOJm1wpi2k2o2_540

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otpht9YOJm1wpi2k2o3_r1_540

dcriss-archive:

Video link | Sign Up link

Here is the link is to sign up for Elsie Fest pre-sale:    http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

Guys, be sure to buy his cover of "I Dreamed A Dream" on iTunes!   Let's show our support of Darren (and he probably will use the funds for his album work)! 

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otphc3wzXh1wpi2k2o1_1280
“I Dreamed A Dream” is available for purchase on iTunes

And on Spotify:
iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otpi3yatpb1wpi2k2o1_1280
“I Dream A Dream” is on Spotify

Another change:
iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otpil5fsW21wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren updated his Twitter header (July 26th, 2017)

Cute pic.  Is this the same TodayTix photoshoot?
iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otp9jnVcdU1wpi2k2o1_1280
corycrayn: #darrencriss #photoshoot#behindthescenes #todaytix #adcampaign

And don't forget:  If you are in Los Angeles, this WordTheatre "In the Cosmos" production looks like such an interesting event to go to!  I was so disappointed, because I have to go to a wedding that day/night.   (I also love Sterling Brown!)  sad face

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otpd3phhUQ1wpi2k2o1_1280

Tickets

via dcriss-archive

Link to buy "In The Cosmos" tickets:  https://www.fordtheatres.org/calendar/wordtheatres-cosmos?platform=hootsuite

WordTheatre's "In the Cosmos":

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Original-9204-1500934979-3

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otpph4VOOh1wpi2k2o1_500

wordtheatre: Who would you explore the cosmos with: @darrencriss, @bellamyyoung, or @sterlingkb1? Take this quiz and let us know! ow.ly/chXf30dW6Js

July 26, 2017

Darren's Schedule:

August 1                 *Pre-sale for Elsie Fest starts 10 am ET

August 2                  Darren is PERFORMING On the Today Show, from 9-10 am (on NBC)

August 26                 In the Cosmos/WordTheatre (Los Angeles).   Tickets                                       
                                 Link for tickets:   https://www.fordtheatres.org/calendar/wordtheatres-cosmos?platform=hootsuite

October 8                 Elsie Fest 2017.  NYC, Central Park.

*To sign up for the Elsie Fest pre-sale, which starts on August 1 (10 am ET):

- ->
Text “Darren” to +1 (650) 200-2966 to get the pre-sale code on Tuesday

Or

- -> You also can go to this Link to sign up for pre-sale code:  Sign Up link  or

http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

Or

- -> You also can go to the Elsie Fest website to get the pre-sale code:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otoi2iaCAf1wpi2k2o2_r1_1280
Pre-Sale access link added to elsiefest.com (July 25th, 2017)

Link to Elsie Fest website:  https://www.elsiefest.com/

-

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Oops, how many times can we let ourselves get fooled into thinking he's releasing his solo music? :laughing It seemed such an obvious conclusion this time, with that potential performance on the Today Show and all! Oh well, someday. And his cover of I Dreamed A Dream has always been so pretty, it's nice to have a recorded version.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha! Darren fooled all of us!   And yes, I love his voice on "I Dreamed A Dream."

Hey Poppy, I thought you would like to hear (if you haven't already) that Alex deleted the redirection to the expired darrencrissnews.com domain, so the DCN archive is finally available again at darrencriss-news.tumblr.com!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:Hey Poppy, I thought you would like to hear (if you haven't already) that Alex deleted the redirection to the expired darrencrissnews.com domain, so the DCN archive is finally available again at darrencriss-news.tumblr.com!

Whoo Hooo!!  Thanks so much, Lin!  I really have a lot of affection for darrencriss-news, so this is great news for me, and for fans who like to refer to the valuable resource that DCN is and was!    I used to feel a bit sad when I would see a pic or video referring to DCN, knowing the the darrencrissnews.com domain had expired.   broken heart 

So . . . YEA!   celebrate :bravo

I'll post the new tumblr site-- darrencriss-news.tumblr.com! --in this thread:   List of Sites on Tumblr/Twitter for News about Darren heart

So it looks like it's confirmed that Darren is on The Today Show for August 2!  :happy face  AND . . . he is not just appearing on The Today Show; he is PERFORMING!!   celebrate clapping hands  As our wonderful Lilikoiluv had noted, he is to appear 9-10 am on August 2, on The Today Show on NBC!  I already have arranged to record it.  Don't forget!

From dcriss-archive:

Headline Planet wrote:
Darren Criss Scheduled to Perform On August 2 TODAY Show

July 28, 2017

The initial listings for the August 2 TODAY Show advertised a performance by “magician Darren Criss.”

While it seemed likely the error concerned the “magician” part rather than the “Darren Criss” part, the possibility still existed that NBC was referring to “magician Criss Angel.”

NBC just issued a revised lineup for the episode, and it removes the ambiguity.

It will be musician Darren Criss performing on the show.

Criss will take the stage during the 9-10AM (“Today’s Take”) hour of the broadcast. The block will also feature appearances by Will Poulter and Algee Smith as well as Dean Cain.

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_ott6i28ahl1wpi2k2o2_r1_1280

Darren will be performing on the TODAY Show’s Today’s Take on Wednesday August 2nd on NBC

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_ott8jrBU2z1wpi2k2o1_540

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_ott8jrBU2z1wpi2k2o2_r1_540

From Darren Criss Army:

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_otszb97XqE1ubd9qxo1_1280

Darren Criss Army wrote:Well, it does still say “magician,” but Darren will be performing on the TODAY Show’s Today’s Take on Wednesday August 2 on NBC. Check your local listings!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Cute pics.  :happy face
iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_ott1u2reu51ubd9qxo1_1280

iHeartFestival - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 11 Tumblr_ott1u2reu51ubd9qxo2_1280
Mia Swier, actors Darren Criss, Billy Magnussen and Meaghan Fahy attend the after party for the premiere of Neon’s ‘Ingrid Goes West’ on July 27, 2017 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum