Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 16]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It is really short, isn't it?! 

Doesn't it look like the bottom right pic?   But that source was dated back in May 2017 (when he definitely still had his curls), so he was wearing a wig for this pic.

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_oygf6yHFTv1wpi2k2o1_1280
Darren Criss as Andrew Cunanan in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

(source)

The comments from friends to Darren's new haircut pic are funny.  :amused

From dcriss-archive:

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozb581fskI1wpi2k2o1_540
sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozb581fskI1wpi2k2o2_r1_540
sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozb581fskI1wpi2k2o3_r1_540

Kevin McHale also posted a comment too. 

Also  (haha!  Mia's comment): 
sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozc6jwUNJn1wpi2k2o1_540

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozc6jwUNJn1wpi2k2o2_r1_540

dcriss-archive:
   Comments on Darren’s Nov. 11th instagram post

I'm surprised there are not more wise-crack jokes from his StarKid friends.  :amused

Also, Darren was at the Ahmanson Theatre for a show.  :happy face  One thing about people who have very short hair; it really brings out your facial features more.  Darren's eyes seem to be more prominent now.

From dcriss-archive:

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozc23wewpa1wpi2k2o1_1280
bsaporsantos: idk how but i saw @DarrenCriss at the ahmanson

He is looking a little tired around the eyes.  I wonder if that is on purpose (assuming this is for Versace filming)?   (Instructions to Darren from Versace powers-to-be:  "Don't sleep so that you look tired!"   :amused   haha.  Probably not for filming, then.)   It's probably just because Darren likes to be out and about . . . :happy face

I'm sure it's for ACS, but that is definitely my least fav hairstyle for Darren. :cry  waiting   
It's interesting though, this is now one of his most liked posts on Instagram (only behind that sunburn selfie and the pics with Melissa and Grant from the Supergirl/Flash sets, which naturally got more attention), so the more casual fans don't seem to hate it as much. upside down

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

It's not my favorite haircut/hairstyle either.  It's interesting what you said Lin, about the number of Likes on that instagram.   Could be because folks are very excited about seeing him on Versace (I know I am!), or maybe folks really do like this haircut (how dare they!).  :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

Aw, this is cool.  Wishing Darren and Mia many, many nights singing beloved show tunes at the top of their lungs.  :happy face  Both this pic and the next pic really do show how with his new "do," Darren's eyes really pop.   wha?
sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozdjdghCQ11wpi2k2o1_1280
a_blanchet: Darren and Mia’s new piano bar in Hollywood @trampstampgrannys. What a night tho… heart heart

This fan has such a sweet smile.  Love her cute hair.  :happy face  (My mom used to do my hair that way when I was a little girl.  :amused ) At the Ahmanson Theatre for "Bright Star." star

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozdxiyJ1Fc1wpi2k2o2_r1_1280
dcriss-archive:
   michelle.faith_: lil late but @darrencriss looks like he can be my older brother

atmichellee: I pointed out @DarrenCriss while seeing bright star but in reality he’s was the bright star. Lowkey he’s my long lost brother

Broadway.com wrote:
The Fans Have Spoken! The Top 10 Ryan Murphy Favorites You Want to See on Broadway

November 13, 2017

What’s curing our case of the Mondays? The fact that the finale episode of American Horror Story: Cult is tomorrow, that’s what! Stage-and-screen star Cheyenne Jackson spent some time with us last week on Show People with Paul Wontorek, and we’re still recovering from that steamy casting for The Boys in the Band. Basically, the Broadway.com staff is obsessed with the performers in Ryan Murphy’s entertainment realm. We asked you which Murphy favorite you’d like to see on Broadway, either in an epic debut or welcome return. Eight returns, two debuts and one Tony winner made your top 10.

1. Darren Criss

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 1.14483

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren enjoying some good food in Miami.  :happy face
sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozp4y0K9Ws1ubd9qxo1_1280
via_emilia9:  It was an honor to have @darrencriss for dinner! Thank you for your visit heart #ViaEmiliaExperience
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbsy3guDQZv/

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh wow.  This is a nice surprise!  :big grin This is a possibility for me (hopefully), I think.  :fingers crossed

From Dcriss-archive:

haha.  This is a cool way to make an announcement!

Via Darren’s Instagram Story (November 21st, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozs537fKLQ1wpi2k2o1_540

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozs537fKLQ1wpi2k2o2_540

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozs537fKLQ1wpi2k2o3_540

Link
Link:  http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozs6yydQJe1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s newsletter Fan Pre-Sale + M&G Packages: Tuesday, November 28th at 10am PT. Link to Buy Tickets (November 21st, 2017)

Link for Tickets:  https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozs90sFEfW1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s Instagram Story (November 21st, 2017)

*Link to sign-up

*Link to sign up:  http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

The University Record wrote:
Author Jesmyn Ward to deliver Winter Commencement address

November 20, 2017

Award-winning author, Tulane University professor and MacArthur Fellow Jesmyn Ward will deliver the address at the 2017 University of Michigan Winter Commencement.

She also is one of 10 Bicentennial Alumni Award recipients being honored at the ceremony, which will begin at 2 p.m. Dec. 17 in Crisler Center.

[. . . ]

In honor of the university’s 200th birthday, the university will bestow 10 U-M alumni with Bicentennial Alumni Awards, which were designed in part to highlight the excellence and impact of recent graduates. The university also awarded 10 alumni awards during Spring Commencement in May.

“The varied and multidimensional work of the alumni we are honoring is a source of great pride for the university,” said Provost Martin Philbert. “Their contributions in fields including the arts, health sciences, public policy, entertainment and philanthropy exemplify the university’s commitment to educating individuals who will act as both servants to and critics of society.”

In addition to Ward, the remaining nine recipients are:
- Darren Criss (Bachelor of Fine Arts, ‘09, SMTD)

Criss’ career spans film, music, stage and television. At U-M, he acted, directed and composed for the Basement Arts theater group. His career took a leap when he was cast on Fox’s “Glee” in 2010. Other TV credits include “American Horror Story: Hotel” and “The Flash.” He also starred in Broadway revivals, including “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” in 2015

Darren's Schedule:

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_oz3vb9pYKM1ubd9qxo2_1280

November 28             Pre-sale at 10 am PST for Darren's concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.
                                  Link to sign up for presale:   http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

December 13            Holiday Variety Show (Charitable concert for The Girls Home & No Kid Hungry-L.A.)
                                 Tickets:  https://www.axs.com/events/342724/justin-long-chvrches-present-a-holiday-variety-show-tickets?skin=goldenvoice

December 15             Concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.
                                  For tickets:  https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

December 17             Darren to be awarded the Bicentennial Alumni award at U of Michigan

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, this is nice of Darren.  He is so supportive of others.  And Jordan does seem like a sweet person (and such a graceful dancer).  :happy face

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozui3d7i0Z1wpi2k2o1_1280

This is interesting.  It look like Darren and Elvis Duran are involved with Mia's bar (as co-owners/co-investors?).

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_ozs2zpN9H81wpi2k2o1_1280

Happy thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it.   It's been a busy year, in many ways stressful and bizarre, but I am grateful for so many things, for my family, my friends, for the people with good hearts and kind souls in the world, for all those who tirelessly fight for their rights and the rights of others.  I'm so grateful for all those who fight the good fight.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here but a few shops do Black Friday. 

I'm gonna shop tomorrow. Not really for sparing money but for the ambiance, even if it's not as crazy as in the US :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha.  I hope you have fun on black Friday, Jeremy.  :happy face

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Surprise :amused

Who's going to buy the CD + merchandise bundle? Pick it up here. :very happy Yea! love the  music

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 G6nCbNb

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Fl5y94rsanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 FQ2VhTl

Last edited by DaisiesAndLilies on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out picture of merchandise)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy and DaisiesAndLilies, thank you guys so much for posting!  haha!  Jeremy, you were right!   applause

I loved I Don't Mind since I heard him sing it on the Listen Up tour.   Watching and listening to him sing this song is just melting my heart.  Such a pretty song and he sings it so beautifully, with so much heartfelt emotion.  heart heart heart 

This week is going to be a busy and stressful week for me.  What a nice surprise to see this lovely song performance from Darren.  It really lifted my spirits!   sunny I still have to look at the package, but I usually buy both the CD and the iTunes album.  Thanks again both of you for posting these.  :hug

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Courage for your busy stressful week, Poppy :hello

Lovely surprise! :love  I never thought he would record this song. He did say he was planning to release a solo EP this year ... sorry for doubting your word, Darren. :happy face

I think his hair is growing on me a little, but I still think it should be growing on him instead.

Wishing you a successful and hopefully not too stressful week, Poppy!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha.  Jeremy, I love your announcing the YouTube video with the single word, "surprise."  :amused

DaisiesAndLilies wrote:Who's going to buy the CD + merchandise bundle? Pick it up here. sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 3669522392 sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 3325219037 sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 746339790

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 G6nCbNb

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Fl5y94r

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 FQ2VhTl

Thank you for posting that Link to buy the CD package, DaisiesAndLilies!   So I just realized that the EP is not available on iTunes until December 15.  I hope folks buy the EP on iTunes on that day, to help Darren get on the iTunes music chart.  :happy face   I think I'll buy the CD package that DaisiesAndLilies was so kind as to post the link to.  I don't have anything autographed by Darren, so it definitely will be worth it.

Lin wrote:Lovely surprise! sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 3446027931  I never thought he would record this song. He did say he was planning to release a solo EP this year ... sorry for doubting your word, Darren. sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 3308115737

I think his hair is growing on me a little, but I still think it should be growing on him instead.

You know, I didn't think he would record this song either.  I always liked the song a lot.  It's such a sweet song, and he performs it perfectly in such a quiet, genuinely personal way.  I really enjoyed watching him perform "I Don't Mind."   Also really enjoy watching the music artists on the various instruments in the video.  Are these the same folks he talked about before? 

So glad that Darren kept his promise and released this EP!   I can't wait to hear the studio production of the other songs!  waiting 

Lin wrote:I think his hair is growing on me a little, but I still think it should be growing on him instead.

haha!  you are so funny! Lin, I think the combo of the beard, the glasses, the casual hair and the plaid shirt (all in wonderful black and white) looks great on him.  :happy face

Thanks guys, for the well wishes.  Hope everyone has a good week too!   :for you

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hope lots of people bought pre-sale tickets today for Darren's December 15 show at the Globe Theatre in Los Angeles!  Unfortunately, I am unable to go after all.  :cry broken heart 

I hope we get a lot of videos from those generous fans. :fingers crossed 

From dcriss-archive:

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_p05j2aaJnu1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s instagram story (November 28th, 2017) | Link

Link to buy tickets on Ticketfly:   https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1597645/tfly?__utma=1.440671289.1511272001.1511886455.1511891067.6&__utmb=1.7.10.1511891067&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1511886455.5.3.utmcsr=smarturl.it|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/DC_TheGlobe&__utmv=-&__utmk=91205530

Darren's Schedule:

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_oz3vb9pYKM1ubd9qxo2_1280

December 13            Holiday Variety Show (Charitable concert for The Girls Home & No Kid Hungry-L.A.)
                                 Tickets:  https://www.axs.com/events/342724/justin-long-chvrches-present-a-holiday-variety-show-tickets?skin=goldenvoice

For tickets:  https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

December 17             Darren to be awarded the Bicentennial Alumni award at U of Michigan

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Tickets for Darren's December 15 launch concert at the Globe Theatre go on sale today.  :happy face

Darren's Schedule:

TicketFly wrote:
Friday December 15 DARREN CRISS

Globe Theatre
740 South Broadway
Los Angeles, Ca 90014

Doors 7:00 PM / Show 8:00 PM (event ends at 11:30 PM)

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 34-og
Join Darren for a special concert at the Globe Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles as he takes us through his life in songwriting and performing. From his early years as a teenager to his later career in TV & Broadway. Get ready for new songs, old songs, and of course, versions of songs you know but have never heard. It’s gonna be totally awesome.

FAN PRE-SALE - Tuesday 11/28 at 10am PT

ON SALE - Wednesday 11/29 at 10am PT

7pm - Doors Open
8pm-10pm - Performance

Opening in 1913, the Globe Theatre is the oldest functioning theatre on Broadway Street. Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles' theatre district, the venue has welcomed celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Charlie Chaplin.

ALL AGES

PARKING - There will be a valet booth directly in front of the venue, or you can find a lot nearby.

November 29            Tickets go on sale today for Darren's launch concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.
                                 For tickets: https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

-

Last edited by Poppy on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is a much-needed public service announcement about the dangers of using your cell phone while driving.  haha.  I didn't realize immediately that the cyclist was also Darren.   :amused  

@DarrenCriss
Multitasking is cool and all but not while you’re driving. Remember that no matter what… #itcanwait #ad @itcanwait http://bit.ly/ATT_TCO2

via Darren Criss Army

From dcriss-archive:

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_p07f7vm0tk1wpi2k2o1_1280

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I really enjoyed that PSA video about not checking your cell while driving.  haha.  "Darren St."  :big grin 

Tickets for Darren's December 15 launch concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A. are on sale now.  :happy face

From Dcriss-archive:

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_p08xxlp3rD1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s instagram story (November 30th, 2017)

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_p08xhfzxBh1wpi2k2o1_1280
Link

Link to buy tickets:  https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1597645/tfly?__utma=1.440671289.1511272001.1511886455.1511891067.6&__utmb=1.7.10.1511891067&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1511886455.5.3.utmcsr=smarturl.it|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/DC_TheGlobe&__utmv=-&__utmk=91205530

Darren's Schedule:

TicketFly wrote:
Friday December 15 DARREN CRISS

Globe Theatre
740 South Broadway
Los Angeles, Ca 90014

Doors 7:00 PM / Show 8:00 PM (event ends at 11:30 PM)

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 34-og
Join Darren for a special concert at the Globe Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles as he takes us through his life in songwriting and performing. From his early years as a teenager to his later career in TV & Broadway. Get ready for new songs, old songs, and of course, versions of songs you know but have never heard. It’s gonna be totally awesome.

FAN PRE-SALE - Tuesday 11/28 at 10am PT

ON SALE - Wednesday 11/29 at 10am PT

7pm - Doors Open
8pm-10pm - Performance

Opening in 1913, the Globe Theatre is the oldest functioning theatre on Broadway Street. Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles' theatre district, the venue has welcomed celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Charlie Chaplin.

ALL AGES

PARKING - There will be a valet booth directly in front of the venue, or you can find a lot nearby.

November 29            Tickets go on sale today for Darren's launch concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.
                                 For tickets: https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

She is a makeup artist and groomer.  :happy face

From dcriss-archive:

sanfrancisco - Darren Appreciation Thread: General News about Darren for 2017 - Page 15 Tumblr_p094m9gAo51wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Kindra Mann’s instagram story (November 30th, 2017)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum