Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_ob3m7xdA3w1uetdyxo1_500
link to playbill article
(via dailydarrennews)

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_ob56bsbvBa1ubd9qxo1_1280
HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_ob56bsbvBa1ubd9qxo2_1280
@shnsf
via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Spoken like Hedwig.  :amused
HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_obcwxlIjMu1uetdyxo1_500
via Darren’s Snapchat

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_ob919mPaEW1ubd9qxo1_1280
HedwigTour.com
(via DarrenCrissArmy)
(via gleekto)

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

ha!  I hope Chord will make it to one of Darren's shows.  :happy face
HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_obf539AiUW1uetdyxo1_500
Via Chord Overstreet’s snapchat - August 4, 2016

If he's in LA he should have more than enough time to go see it and hopefully won't show up a week late again. :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

ha! :big grin  Hi Lin.  Yes, that's what I'm hoping.  Is he in L.A.?   I don't really know where he is based at.   I wonder if the last time, he just forgot when Darren's run in Hedwig on Broadway ended.  :amused  Then he arrived in NYC, is sitting in the Belasco Theatre, and lo and behold, hey, that guy doesn't look like Darren.  That's Taye Diggs!  :I made a mistake

I can't find the source right now, but I think when Harry saw Darren on his last weekend, he actually told a fan that Chord was supposed to be there too but mixed up the dates. :laughing

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for that info, Lin.  Good to know.  :amused

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Darren driving by the SHN Golden Gate Theatre in San Francisco, and saying hello to Hedwig.  :happy face

mypatronusisklaine:

Via Darren’s snapchat

dailydarrennews

-

Poppy wrote:And now I'm curious.  What was that gif taken from?  What was it that was gong to make Darren cry?  Was it being in Hedwig?  Or was it playing at the Fillmore in SF for his Listen Up Tour?

Thank you so much for your kind words of excitement for my upcoming Darren/Hedwig date Poppy, Lin, and dusty:hug

Poppy, that gif was from an E! News report promoting Darren's 2013 Listen Up Tour.  He's talking about playing at The Fillmore in his home town of San Francisco.  He had mentioned earlier how he had gone to many concerts there and how he was thrilled to be playing there. I couldn't find the HQ video of the interview, but here's a LQ video taken while someone watched it on their tv: 
daxterdd.tumblr.com

I've been trying to remain calm, but Darren's recemt pics and videos in front of the Golden Gate theater in San Francisco have gotten me even more excited!  I'm glad that he seems to be looking forward to bringing Hedwig to life again.   :very happy I can't wait to see how they adapt Hedwig's comments and references to reflect both San Francisco and L.A.!  With San Francisco being his hometown, and him living with all of the craziness of L.A./Hollywood, Hedwig will surely have a goldmine of comments/references to choose from! 

lol at Chord's snapchat pic. I had also heard about Chord mixing the dates up for Darren's broadway run, and getting there a week late. (lol at your description of Chord sitting in on a Taye Diggs perofrmance, Poppy! :laughing ) Let's hope that he makes it to see Darren during this national tour.   :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv,

Lilikoiluv wrote:Thank you so much for your kind words of excitement for my upcoming Darren/Hedwig date Poppy, Lin, and dustyHedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 3065861840

You are so welcome, Lilikoiluv!   We all want you to have the best time, seeing Darren live for the first time!  Everyone is happy for you!  celebration dance!

Lilikoiluv wrote:Poppy, that gif was from an E! News report promoting Darren's 2013 Listen Up Tour.  He's talking about playing at The Fillmore in his home town of San Francisco.  He had mentioned earlier how he had gone to many concerts there and how he was thrilled to be playing there. I couldn't find the HQ video of the interview, but here's a LQ video taken while someone watched it on their tv: 
daxterdd.tumblr.com

Thanks so much for answering my question, Lilikoiluv!   I thought it wasn't recent, but wasn't sure.  It was nice watching the video and seeing how excited he was about his Listen Up tour.   Aw, it's so sweet how much it meant to Darren to play at the Fillmore in his home town.   Can you imagine how excited he is to return to SF for not just a one-night show, but for a whole month of performing in a musical that he has loved since he was a teen, singing songs that he has cherished for so long?   I'm sooo happy for him!   I wonder how many shows Mama and Papa Criss will attend?   Maybe Chuck will stay a week too.

Lilikoiluv wrote:
I've been trying to remain calm, but Darren's recemt pics and videos in front of the Golden Gate theater in San Francisco have gotten me even more excited!  I'm glad that he seems to be looking forward to bringing Hedwig to life again.   HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 3669522392 I can't wait to see how they adapt Hedwig's comments and references to reflect both San Francisco and L.A.!  With San Francisco being his hometown, and him living with all of the craziness of L.A./Hollywood, Hedwig will surely have a goldmine of comments/references to choose from!

No, this is not a time to stay calm!   Let the excitement grow, Lilikoiluv!   I can't wait to hear from you how he added commentary about his home town.   He'll be more complimentary I'm sure than he will be of L.A. (also nick-named La La Town), with  TMZ and Hollywood celebrity gossip. 

Yes, hoping Chord marks it on his calendar this time.  :amused   I wonder if Ryan Murphy will be going?  Maybe Ian?  I hope Joaquin is able to go.  When does Scream Queens start filming?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, we get some great Hedwig news today! 

Pre-sale for the Hollywood Pantages (L.A. ) shows begins on August 23 at 10 am!

General Sale begins September 9 at 10 am!

From dailydarrennews:

This pic was posted yesterday (sorry, I'm a bit behind):

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_obnulrde651uetdyxo1_500
hedwigonbway "New boot making" Like a Star @ heaven  HEDWIG  Like a Star @ heaven @darrencriss re-gram from our Tony and Oscar nominated Costume Designer @ariannephillips ⭐️ #HedwigTour #HedwigOnBway

And this was posted today:

Hedwig on Broadway Video Alert feat. @DarrenCriss @LenaRockerHall @stephentrask San Francisco on sale now,  L.A. pre-sale begins 8/23! 

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_obptx5P9XD1uetdyxo1_500

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_obptx5P9XD1uetdyxo2_500

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_obptx5P9XD1uetdyxo3_r1_500
Facebook | official website
(via dailydarrennews)

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

A supportive tweet from Joaquin.  I love their friendship.  :happy face

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_obrxvmoThp1ubd9qxo1_1280
@JoaquinSedillo
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Nice pic!

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_obs55unIDR1qmj3nao1_1280
keepingthepeaceinouterspace:
We were wandering around and like- okay.
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

In just 5 days, tickets to Hedwig and the Angry Inch in L.A. (Hollywood Pantages) will go on pre-sale:  On August 23!  

Darren's Hedwig Calendar:

August 23           PRE-SALE--Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages (L.A.) begins at 10am!
                            Sign up on the Hollywood Pantages email list:   Official Website.

Watch the The Hollywood Pantages Facebook

September 9        TICKET
SALE--Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages (L.A.) begins at 10am!

October 2-30 
     Hedwig & the Angry Inch. SF:   Tickets

November 1-27   Hedwig & the Angry Inch.  L.A.:    Official Site

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_oc2xd1y7mI1ubd9qxo1_500
Broadway Near You: National Tour Roundup via Playbill.com
via DarrenCrissArmy

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Pre-sale of tickets for Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages begins TODAY (Tuesday, August 23) at 10 am!

Darren's Calendar:

August 23          PRE-SALE--Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages (L.A.) begins at 10am!

September 9        TICKET SALE--Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Hollywood Pantages (L.A.) begins at 10am!

October 2-30 
     Hedwig & the Angry Inch. SF:   Tickets

November 1-27   Hedwig & the Angry Inch.  L.A.:    Official Site

From dailydarrennews:

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_ocdwpc7uTn1uetdyxo1_500

darrencriss: Exclusive L.A. presale begins now! bit.ly/hedwigpantages Click “More Info” on the day you’d like to see HEDWIG for tix ⚡️ @lenarockerhall @titsodclay #HedwigTour

Note: Link to Pre-sale Tickets:  http://bit.ly/presaleLA

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_ocdgrgdInF1uetdyxo1_500

Hedwig on Broadway Exclusive L.A. Presale begins now! @DarrenCriss @LenaRockerHall @TitsofClay  @PantagesTix: http://bit.ly/presaleLA

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews:

Purchase of tickets to Hedwig and the Angry Inch will help raise funds for New Bear Republic, which is "a team of Riders and Roadies raising money to fight HIV/AIDS by participating in the annual AIDS/Life Cycle event."  Source:  Facebook

New Bear Republic Facebook wrote:Come join us for an amazing night of theatre - Darren Criss starring in HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH! $10 from every ticket sold will benefit the New Bear Republic and their fundraising efforts for AIDS/LifeCycle 2017!

You must use Promo Code ALC1 when booking your tickets at www.shnsf.com/online/article/hedwigandtheangryinch. BE SURE TO SELECT LGBTQ (ALC1)* WHEN SELECTING YOUR SEATS FROM THE SEATING MAP.

-Facebook New Bear Republic

From DarrenCrissArmy
Best days to get good seats for Hedwig at the Hollywood Pantages:

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_oce0jrgbB81ubd9qxo1_1280
Link:  http://bit.ly/presaleLA
Source: @HedwigOnBway

From DarrenCrissArmy:
The Mercury News has an article mentioning Darren in Hedwig and the Angry Inch in San Francisco and Los Angeles   Be sure to watch the short video (in the article) that talks about Darren and contains some nice pics of him in Hedwig.  :happy face
The Mercury News wrote:Fall arts 2016: 'Hedwig's' back; so is Tom Stoppard and ... Donald Trump on stage?

Pull the wig down from the shelf and fluff up the Farrah hair!

"Hedwig" is back, and the Bedazzled One is as badass as ever in Michael Mayer's glittery revival of the '90s indie-rock musical. Indeed, the return of the uber diva personifies the star-power tone for the entire fall season, which features the latest works from beloved artists from John Patrick Shanley and Tom Stoppard to Cirque du Soleil.

"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" devotees have been waiting eagerly for the return of "the internationally ignored song stylist" and her glam minions.

[. . . ]

Consider this a cheat sheet for the new theater season. Here are five shows you must see this fall.

"Hedwig and the Angry Inch": Darren Criss, of "Glee" fame, launches the national tour of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" in San Francisco. A high-gloss revival of the '90s cult classic, this is a habit-forming tribute to a ragtag drag diva who scoffs at all the tired tropes of gender and narrative. Criss, a San Francisco native and ACT alum, stars in a role previously played by stars such as Neil Patrick Harris, Taye Diggs and John Cameron Mitchell. Another Bay Area native, Lena Hall, is also in the touring cast. Details: Oct. 4-30; SHN Golden Gate Theatre, San Francisco; $45-$212; www.shnsf.com.

8/23/2016

Note:  The dates for Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the SHN Golden Gate Theatre (in SF) are Oct. 2-30 (October 2 show was added later).

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dailydarrennews

Darren Criss Has Created The Coachella Of Musical Theater!
Darren Criss is combining his two loves, musical theater and rock, into an epic weekend festival in New York: The Great Elsie Fest! Plus he’s kicking off the national tour of Hedwig and the Angry Inch in San Francisco on October 2nd.

Pics from being on Hollywood Today Live (August 24).
HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_ocfr5ugoMQ1uetdyxo3_400

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 Tumblr_ocfr5ugoMQ1uetdyxo4_1280
LQ | Actor Darren Criss visits Hollywood Today Live at W Hollywood on August 24 2016 in Hollywood California

How convenient that the Hollywood Pantages was right across the street.  :amused

Article about Darren and Lena Hall in the San Francisco Chronicle.  Thanks dailydarrennews for capturing the entire article for us. 

San Francisco Chronicle wrote:'A huge homecoming' for S.F. 'Hedwig' stars

HedwigandtheAngryInch - The Hedwig and the Angry Inch Tour in SF and L.A. (Promotion, Pre-Performances & Miscellaneous Information) - Page 2 920x1240
 Photo: Michael Noble Jr., The Chronicle
Darren Criss, who will play the title role in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, poses for a portrait.

On the road to stage and screen stardom, San Franciscans Darren Criss and Lena Hall studied, auditioned, danced, sang and trod the boards from the Eureka Theatre to Feinstein’s at the Nikko. In October, they’ll finally debut at the Golden Gate Theatre, reviving their marquee Broadway roles in the gender-fluid, tragicomic, in-your-face rock musical “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” and launching its first national tour.

“For me and Lena, it’s a huge homecoming,” said Criss, 29, by phone from a drive into the city. “It would have driven me mad if someone else had done Hedwig” in San Francisco.

He relishes the title role in John Cameron Mitchell’s crossover cult musical, the story of a young gay man in 1980s East Germany who undergoes a sex change in order to marry an African American GI and escape to the West. The botched procedure leaves Hedwig with the titular inch — and a lot of anger. “San Francisco theatergoers have a real soft spot for the show, the celebratory nature of the show, the grit and the rock ’n’ roll,” he says. “It’s a very San Francisco show.”

A musician and actor since childhood, Criss debuted with 42nd Street Moon in grade school, joined ACT Young Conservatory at age 7 and starred in plays and musicals at St. Ignatius College Preparatory. After earning a bachelor’s degree in theater at the University of Michigan, he broke out as Blaine Andrews
on Fox’s hit musical series “Glee.”

“I was raised backstage,” he says, “hanging out with thirtysomething theater hopefuls. They were taking me out for hamburgers after the show. That was so exciting for a kid. And the Young Conservatory is the very foundation of everything I’ve ever built.”

“He was a bright light from the get-go,” says Craig Slaight, Criss’ acting mentor at ACT. He also took advantage of his protege’s singing talent: “At one of the galas, I had him in a tuxedo as a strolling musician amongst the diners. I don’t know whether that gave him the edge he has now,” he muses wryly.

Even then, Criss had an edgy curiosity. He was 14 when the “Hedwig” movie came out, and “my brother and I would watch it in the basement. Every time we put it on, I felt like a delinquent,” he says. “Like, if my mom came in, how the hell would I possibly explain what I’m watching? I never dreamed in a million years it would be something I would do later on.”

As fate would have it, Criss became one of a succession of high-profile Hedwigs, taking up the role after Tony winner Neil Patrick Harris, Andrew Rannells, Michael C. Hall and John Cameron Mitchell, who created the show as an off-Broadway experiment in 1998. He joined the show just as Lena Hall was leaving the supporting role of Yitzhak, for which she won the 2014 Tony Award for featured actress in a musical.

“It’s a great way to cap off this long journey that I’ve been on in the musical theater world,” said Hall, 36, of their shared return. “This is where it all began.”

Born Celina Carvajal, she was raised in the Upper Haight and nurtured in the arts by her parents, choreographer Carlos Carvajal and ballerina Carolyn Houser, who met at San Francisco Ballet.

Hall started in musicals at the Young People’s Teen Musical Theater Company, in Duboce Park, and graduated from the Ruth Asawa School of the Arts. At her father’s urging, she chose New York over college, quickly landing roles in “Cats” and “42nd Street” before originating Nicola in “Kinky Boots” and finding stardom in “Hedwig.”

“It’s such a juicy story, and the music is amazing,” she said by phone from a vacation in Miami. In an intriguing twist, Hall will also debut in the title role, wearing the wig and glitter for one show each week. A veteran rock and cabaret singer who has both fronted her own band and toured with Josh Groban, she can’t wait to sing with the original Broadway band, who will play backup on tour: “‘Hedwig’ showed me that theater could be edgy, musical theater can be rock ’n’ roll, theater can move you in a way that you had no idea.”

It’s hard to know who is more excited about Hall and Criss bringing “Hedwig” home, the actors or their friends and families. Their parents, who saw the show over and over in New York, will be fixtures in the orchestra section; their former teachers plan to attend with groups of theater students (the show is recommended for ages 13 and up).

For everyone, it will be a uniquely San Francisco experience. “As a child, I used to go to the Fox Theatre with my dad,” remembers Carlos Carvajal, who grew up in the Fillmore. “To see Celina coming back as the star of a show at the Golden Gate, it’s such a thrill.”

-San Francisco Chronicle
August 25, 2016
(via dailydarrennews)

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum