Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Royalties

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Royalties Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post your comments regarding Royalties in this thread.

To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply."

If you would like me to start a new thread (Topic) that is within the Category of "Darren's TV Projects," please let me know.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

2hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lilikoiluv posted this in another thread.  Thanks for posting this news about Royalties here, Lilikoiluv!   We appreciate your keeping your eyes open for news about Darren's TV project and bringing that news over here!  :hug   applause   :thank you

Lilikoiluv wrote:I don't see a 2017 thread so I hope this is okay.
Gah! I dunno how to get the image to show  from my kindle, so here's the link:
fallenjunkie.tumblr.com/post/155640472436/pscarlyle

"Royalties" script!

Sorry that I didn't do this earlier, Lilikoiluv.   I just opened a new thread for Royalties.     You can copy your post here.  :happy face

P.S. Be careful and be sure to delete all emoticons in tweets or instagram messages.  If you don't delete emoticons in twitter or instagram messages, then everything in your text box/your post (your comments, other pics and videos ) that follows after the twitter/instagram emoticons will disappear (an issue with Forumotion code).  So in Patrick Carlyle's instagram, you would need to delete all the emoticons that follows his name.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

3hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'll go ahead and post the exciting instagram message. 

0oooooh.   Very exciting!  :big grin   applause 

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_ojj7lypflX1qeegj9o1_1280
fallenjunkie:
    pscarlyle: (emoticons)
via dailydarrennews

This is Patrick Carlyle's instagram.  He is one of the writers connected to Royalties!    This is definitely a good sign!   thumbs up   I wonder if this means they got the greenlight to film the pilot/a pilot was ordered? :fingers crossed :fingers crossed :fingers crossed

P.S. Sorry the captions under the pic above is confusing.  All that followed after Patrick Carlyle's name in his instagram message were various emoticons and I had to delete them.  Warning to everyone:  If you don't delete emoticons in twitter or instagram messages, then everything in your text box/your post (your comments, other pics and videos ) that follows after the emoticons in the tweet/instagram will disappear (an issue with Forumotion code).

Lin, it looks like all your detective skills added up and are coming true!   Great job!  clapping hands

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

4hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Poppy wrote:Sorry that I didn't do this earlier, Lilikoiluv.   I just opened a new thread for Royalties.     You can copy your post here.  hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  3308115737
No problem, Poppy.  Thank you! I'm so happy that we are now at the point of "Royalties" having its own thread!  thumbs up

Poppy wrote:P.S. Be careful and be sure to delete all emoticons in tweets or instagram messages.  If you don't delete emoticons in twitter or instagram messages, then everything in your text box/your post (your comments, other pics and videos ) that follows after the twitter/instagram emoticons will disappear (an issue with Forumotion code).  So in Patrick Carlyle's instagram, you would need to delete all the emoticons that follows his name.
Thanks for the reminder, Poppy. I would have totally forgotten that. And thank you for posting Patrick Carlyle's instagram pic and caption! 

Poppy wrote:Lin, it looks like all your detective skills added up and are coming true!   Great job!  hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  2029512208
Yes! Thanks for sharing the fruits of your detective skills with us, Lin!  It's been so interesting and exciting following the trail you started!  applause bow to you 

Poppy wrote:This is definitely a good sign!   hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  32445860   I wonder if this means they got the greenlight to film the pilot/a pilot was ordered? hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  264538070 hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  264538070 hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  264538070
It seems that a pilot, at least, has been ordered, right? I need tumblr CSI to refocus the blurred out corner for us.  It looks like there is a 2017 date on the last line. Perhaps a production date? I also wonder what the difference is between the black binding and red binding for the scripts--could it be cast vs. director/crew? :very confused

So excited for Darren and the rest of the team involved with this show!  :amused

OT: As you can probably tell by my overuse of emoticons, I'm back on my regular computer.  lol.

5hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Lilikoiluv!

Lilikoiluv wrote:It seems that a pilot, at least, has been ordered, right? I need tumblr CSI to refocus the blurred out corner for us.  It looks like there is a 2017 date on the last line. Perhaps a production date? I also wonder what the difference is between the black binding and red binding for the scripts--could it be cast vs. director/crew? hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  3658720221

So excited for Darren and the rest of the team involved with this show!  hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  3295213406

Oh, you're right of course!   I didn't even look at the small print at the bottom left corner of the pic.  Good thinking, Lilikoiluv!   You are also using your detective skills.   If you come across the tumblr CSI, can you please post it here?   Maybe they can bring the small print into a clearer image.

Yes, I would think that this means that a pilot was ordered to be filmed/produced.   :fingers crossed  (I'm wondering why isn't Darren tweeting?)

I see on the top line of the fuzzy print at the bottom left corner:    The first word (top line) appears to be "FOX."  Then:   "The Jackal Group," which if I remember correctly, was the production group named in the media articles about Royalties.

I could be imagining it, but on the second line, the first word appears to be "Pilot."  Can't make out the 2nd word of the second line.  The third word of the second line appears to be "Draft."

And you're right of course, Lilikoiluv!   The third line appears to be a date.  It's awfully fuzzy.  I think I see the "17" at the end.  Not sure about the first 4 numbers, guessing "02-14"?   Maybe the date for the cast to do a reading?  I have read several articles where they say the filming of pilots usually happen February - April, usually March - April, so maybe it is a film date, as you said.  :fingers crossed :fingers crossed

And your logic seems good, in terms of the black binding versus the red binding.  thumbs up

Remember this, you guys?  Lin and Lilikoiluv posted this (November 23 and November 18, respectively) about the Jackal Group folks, along with Jonathan Gabay (Vice President of comedy development and programming at FOX) and both writers (Patrick Carlyle and Allyn Rachel) seeing Darren in Hedwig.
Lin wrote:
Lilikoiluv wrote:
Jonathan Gabay (the FOX exec. from our "Royalties" conversation) went to see Darren last night (via DarrenCrissArmy):

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_ogtyhsjeCm1ubd9qxo1_500
50shadesofgabaySo proud of our friend@darrencriss who CRUSHES it in#HedwigandtheAngryInch! Go see it at the#Pantages ASAP if you can!
x

Late reply, but I think the two writers who are attached to the project, Patrick Carlyle and Allyn Rachel, are in the picture as well.

//Edit after some quick stalking:
Three of the other people are Gail Berman, Joe Earley and Dani Gorin of The Jackal Group, the production company that is developing Royalties. Not sure who the remaining three are, but how nice that they all went to see Darren together!

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total

6hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:36 am

Hm, I'm not sure this confirms that a pilot is going to be filmed. I'm pretty sure the blurry part says "First Network Draft", so I think that means FOX still needs to approve? I can't make out the number that follows, but I assume it's the date the draft was finished.

But for what it's worth, Ricky replied with a praise emoji. :happy face
hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  TYNSyBS

7hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for your comment, Lin.  :happy face

You could make out more than I can of the second line.  I thought the first word was "Pilot."  But it does look more like "First."  So if it says "First Network Draft,' then it does suggest it's not ready for filming/production yet.   And thanks for pointing out that Ricky posted a comment on the instagram by Patrick Carlyle.  

I don't know.  In short, I'm not familiar with the process, except what I read in articles, and that's in broad terms.  So I'm just not sure what the pic means, in terms of the status of the project.

I'm still very happy to see the instagram pic by one of the writers of the script. applause   Hopefully, we hear more this month.  Cross fingers we get some confirmation of the pilot being ordered/filmed.  :fingers crossed

8hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Fri May 12, 2017 1:04 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren mentioned Royalties during an interview focusing primarily on Computer Games.  It sounds like it still may be a possibility (maybe not for this Fall, but maybe for the following season)?   I had wondered if because Darren had a 4-5 month commitment to film Versace, then that meant Royalties could not be developed for this season since Darren would be unavailable.

Papermag.com wrote:
DARREN AND CHUCK CRISS OF COMPUTER GAMES ON MAKING MUSIC AS BROTHERS AND EMBRACING CHEESY DANCE MUSIC.

05/11/17

What other projects have you guys been working on? Chuck, have you been working on any other musical projects since Freelance Whales? Darren, have you been working on any TV projects since Glee?

[. . . ]

Darren: Before Glee, my main squeeze was my group Starkid. Basically, out of college, my big break was an internet comedy group that changed my life. Starkid was my musical, creative outlet. That's when I realized I could be a songwriter for a living, which is why I eventually ended up writing songs for Glee. The last songs I wrote was right when I joined Glee. That was the last Billboard record I had. Anyway, that was my outlet for writing songs. Right after Glee, I have a singer-songwriter EP in the can, which I'm waiting to put out later this year. I was originally going to put out the singer-songwriter EP at the same time I put out the Computer Games EP. After being absent for a while, I didn't want to confuse fans or people who weren't familiar with myself, to focus on one thing at a time. I have a TV pilot I've been in development with for a while. There's a lot percolating. That's also why it was important to get Computer Games out, because it's only three songs. We thought it was cool to put out the songs, tour and let it incubate before we put out a full-length. We're using the "figuring it out as we go" model.

9hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Does this mean Royalties is happening?  Or is the pilot being filmed, but no decision yet from a network to order a season?

What's going on?!! confused

From Darren Criss Army:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfdip1Mmlo1ubd9qxo1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfdip1Mmlo1ubd9qxo2_r1_1280
noramkirkpatrick Great first day on set directing these titans in ‘Royalties.’ @darrencriss @ketherdonohue

via Darren Criss Army

EDIT:  I wanted to add, even if Fox doesn't order a season--congrats to Darren!  Bravo for getting the pilot filmed (that's what it looks like to me)!!    :bravo thumbs up bow to you He definitely has even more going for him now that he is is Emmy Award-wining actor Darren Criss (as well as Emmy-nominated songwriter)!!    What a go-getter!    Way to show initiative, Darren!  applause

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren and Kether Donohue on Nora Kirkpatrick’s IG Story, Sept 20, 2018

via Darren Criss Army

-

10hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:46 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From d-criss-news (via ipwarn-thank you!):

This is very interesting.  (Note:  Darren is "known for"  "Little White Lie." )

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfdl0ycDi21xdriupo1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfdl0ycDi21xdriupo2_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfdl0ycDi21xdriupo3_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfdl0ycDi21xdriupo4_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfdl0ycDi21xdriupo5_1280

d-criss-news:
Information for “Royalties” via IMDB Pro (September 20th, 2018)

(via boroniaserrulata)

-

11hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:59 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

In this pic, Darren was taken at the iHeart Radio Music Festival in Las Vegas (on September 21, 2018).   This is via Jonathan Gabay's instagram story--remember, Jonathan Gabay is one of the FOX executives that had tweeted about "Royalties" a while ago (before we found out that Darren was cast in ACS Versace).

From Darren Criss Army:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfgjqh6zRM1ubd9qxo1_1280
“HUGE celeb sighting at the #iHeartFestival” via Jonathan Gabay’s Instagram Story (Jonathan is the Senior VP of Comedy Development and Programming at FOX)

-

12hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Empty Re: Royalties Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:29 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

More pics and a video.  :happy face

From Darren Criss Army:

Is this the first time we find out that Nick Lang is involved with "Royalties"?  Is he gonna be in the pilot too, or involved with the script?
hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfitjyIKR71ubd9qxo2_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfitjyIKR71ubd9qxo3_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Royalties  Tumblr_pfitjyIKR71ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren, Nick Lang & Kether Donohue working on what we assume is the revived Royalties. 

“Great week working with this Dream. Team  #darrencriss #noramkirkpatrick #NickLang

~ Kether via IG

Darren & Kether Donahue working on what we assume is the revived Royalties.

Via Kether on IG

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum