Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performance for 2017.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Darren's Music and Musical Performances"), please let me know.  terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 3308115737

ETA: We can have the video posted twice, haha. I'll see if I can post the Instagram video.

Last edited by DaisiesAndLilies on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren performed at a concert, Celebrating David Bowie (NYC) today (January 10, the one-year anniversary of David Bowie's passing).  I like how Darren changed his voice slightly in a way that's more gravelly and rock, and the way he forms the words of the lyrics.  Such a chameleon.  :happy face
(And I like his jacket too.)

DarrenCrissArmy posted another video, but I couldn't post it.  Here is the link:  DarrenCrissArmy

ha.  I laughed at the posting person's comment:
extralegroom   "That time I saw the guy from Glee sing #DavidBowie at #Terminal5 and it was actually pretty cool"

heh.  Darren talking about his love for the American Songbook, and then singing David Bowie.  What a contrast in musical tastes.  :amused

From dailydarrennews:

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ojlolutbmb1ubd9qxo1_1280
pugsnbubs: Watching the #davidbowie tribute show. #celebratingdavidbowie #nyc #terminal5 #terminal5nyc #darrenkris #iloveny #livemusic #tuesdaynight #bowie #thinwhiteduke #ziggystardust

I love this pic.  His pose, the lights, the colors, the musicians, the audience.
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ojljkbbr7J1ubd9qxo1_1280
Darren performing at “Celebrating David Bowie” on January 10th, 2017 (x)

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ojlfpqqNTA1uetdyxo3_500

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ojlfpqqNTA1uetdyxo2_1280
(x|x)

EDIT:  Sorry DaisiesAndlLilies, I didn't see your earlier post of the Youtube video!   :amused  Thanks for posting that other video! :thank you

Last edited by Poppy on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's schedule (concerts):

February 11.              Night of Stars concert.  (FL).  For tickets:  561-832-7469 or visit the official website at http://www.kravis.org/,  or
                                  http://www.kravis.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=performances.calendar&series_id=1&dspmonth=2&dspyear=2017&CalendarInput=&monthYearJump=2%2F1%2F2017

Okay, this is the video from Extra Leg Room:

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh-thanks so much for posting that video DaisiesAndLilies!   applause   We appreciate it.   The code was confusing to me.  Did you need to use Javascript?  I'm grateful for you tech-savvy folks!  bow to you

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

DaisiesAndLilies,  Ooooops! 

I didn't see your earlier post of the youtube video.  haha!  Embarassed

Poppy wrote:Oh-thanks so much for posting that video DaisiesAndLilies!   applause   We appreciate it.   The code was confusing to me.  Did you need to use Javascript?  I'm grateful for you tech-savvy folks!  bow to you

For Instagram, you can find out the URL for the video (using view-source) by searching for "mp4". Then you use video and source tags and specify height and width. The code should look like this:

Code:
<video controls="" height="640" width="640">
    <source
src="https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/15969438_1246130858789187_2065740005061427200_n.mp4"
 type="video/mp4"> </source></video>

Then you should get the video to display like this:

dalberto14 #changes #davidbowie #hunkydory #nyc #tribute #celebratebowie #glee #darrencriss

Here is another angle from julz91:

NME has the full setlist from last night's show at over three hours! And Rolling Stone had a writeup of the show, with "Darren Chris" as one of the performers. :very confused Darren's friend Mr. Hudson sang Starman.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

DaisiesAndLilies,

Thanks so much for the lesson.  I will practice and see if I can make an instagram video work.  

I appreciate your taking the time to post the lesson! :hug  Thank you!  

I was hoping to post your lesson in this thread:  Some General Instructions of How to Use This Site 

Is that ok?   You could copy your post and place it in that thread, or I could copy your post by quoting you over there, if that's ok with you.  If you rather not, just PM me, no worries.

And thanks for posting those additional videos of Darren performing, and the link to to NME about the set list and Rolling Stones's write-up.   I'll check them out.  :happy face 

haha.  "Darren Chris."  You would think Darren would be used to people misspelling his name, but it must be irritating.   His surname is not even that hard to spell.   I don't think I ever heard Mr. Hudson sing, so I'll check out his performance.

Poppy wrote:haha.  "Darren Chris."  You would think Darren would be used to people misspelling his name, but it must be irritating.   His surname is not even that hard to spell.

Chris is sort of forgivable, but how do people get Crisis, Crisp and Gliss?  :laughing
But I can relate, I get the weirdest misspellings of my first name alllll the time even though it's spelled exactly the same way it's pronounced.

Thank you both for posting all these videos! I have to post another one because he looks so great.  :love

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha!   "Crisp."  "Crisis."  Neutral   "Gliss" doesn't even start off with the correct letter! Rolling Eyes scratch 

Thanks for posting that video, Lin.  It's very clear and really close up. 

I need a clear photo of him in that coat.  He looks so rock and roll.  :love

I found a longer video of part of the set. Changes begins at the 21:51 mark.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

DaisiesAndLilies wrote:I found a longer video of part of the set. Changes begins at the 21:51 mark.

Thanks DaisiesAndLilies!  You guys are so great about finding more videos of the concert.

I hope you don't mind, DaisiesAndLilies, I'll post the longer video that you found here. 

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

February 11.              Night of Stars concert.  (FL). 

For tickets:  561-832-7469 or visit the official website at http://www.kravis.org/,  or

http://www.kravis.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=performances.calendar&series_id=1&dspmonth=2&dspyear=2017&CalendarInput=&monthYearJump=2%2F1%2F2017

Note:  It's weird that the poster on dailydarrennews says the Night of the Stars concert is sold out, because I just tried to buy tickets and the seating chart indicates there are still seats available.

It is a bit confusing because the Kravis Center website shows two events on February 11. 

One is the "25th Anniversary Gala "Night Of Stars,"  so the Gala starts at 6 pm in the Gimelstob Ballroom. 

The other one, that lists Darren's name, is called "the 25th Anniversary "Night Of Stars, Hosted by Michael Feinstein," and it starts at 7 pm in the Alexander W. Dreyfoos, Jr. Concert Hall.  The 7 pm event hosted by Michael Feinstein is the one that lists Darren's name and has seats still available (as of this moment). 

Kravis Center wrote:
25th Anniversary "Night Of Stars"
Hosted by Michael Feinstein
Featuring (in Alphabetical order)
CAMERON CARPENTER
DARREN CRISS
ALAN CUMMING
DENYCE GRAVES
STORM LARGE

NEIL SEDAKA
Also Featuring
LIL BUCK AND JON BOOGZ
GREG SCHREINER'S HOLLYWOOD REVISITED
KRAVIS CENTER POPS ORCHESTRA
SAM KRIEGER, CONDUCTOR
. . . AND MORE
ROBERT PULLEN, DIRECTOR
Celebrating a quarter-century of world-class entertainment, the Kravis Center presents a star-studded extravaganza filled with surprises. Hosted by master showman Michael Feinstein; the electrifying event includes performances by award-winning actors and legendary artists, Alan Cumming; Denyce Graves singer/composer Neil Sedaka; organist Cameron Carpenter; plus movement artists Lil Buck and Jon Boogz; and much more."We wanted a roster of top talent to join us in paying tribute to 25 years," says Lee Bell, the Kravis Center's Senior Director of Programming. "This will be a magnificent evening. "

Sponsored by 
Stephen Brown and Jamie Stern
Henni and John Kessler
Dorothy and Sidney Kohl
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Sbalogoweb
SBA Communications Corporation

For information about the 2016-2017 Kravis Center Gala, please call 561.651.4320 or visit kravis.org/gala

25th Anniversary
"Night Of Stars"
Hosted by Michael Feinstein

Showtimes
Saturday, February 11 at 7:00 PM
Tickets
Tickets Start At: $50.00
  terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 PerformanceDetailBuyTicket
Venue
Alexander W. Dreyfoos, Jr. Concert Hall

http://www.kravis.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=performances.detail&performance_id=2401&

15terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Empty Night of the Stars Concert (2/11/17-FL) Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren has the Night of the Stars Concert tonight in FL!   applause

He has been active today on social media.  I'll post a few of the ones that he posted about the concert:  :happy face

From dailydarrennews:

ha!  Cute, sleepy Darren.  Sleep
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8bvbW1y41uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: They need me for soundcheck but I’m like CASH ME BACKSTAGE HOW BOUT NAP

With Michael Feinstein.  Really hope we get an audio or video of their duet.  :happy face
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8egscOJz1uetdyxo1_500

michaelfeinsteinsings: Backstage with @darrencriss before rehearsals!

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8kyu1z4Z1uetdyxo1_500

melblank5: Look who ran into backstage @darrencriss at the Kravis Gala #yspb #morethanjustachoir

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8rz1LsCF1uetdyxo1_500
bbekahfauz Tonight I performed in the final number of the #kraviscenter25thanniversarygala, and met this dude @darrencriss who I have been a huge fan of since I was in high school, what feels like a million years ago. This student teaching internship is giving me way more experiences than I was expecting.

PS, I begged a high school student to take this picture and send it to me

From Darren Criss Army:

With Alan Cumming:  :happy face
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8zzex7dU1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost quinn.simmons

These two men have inspired and motivated me as a performer for YEARS and seeing them on stage tonight was life changing. Meeting them was beyond life changing. Such incredible people with so much talent. That’ll be me just wait on it. Tonight was a true honor #darrencriss #alancummingsnaps  http://ift.tt/2l2l9vW

Darren Criss Army

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8zwmOFnr1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost sammnnicole

I look like death but #darrencriss you were amazing tonight! I love this guy so much.  http://ift.tt/2kG44ah

DarrenCrissArmy

16terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Empty Night of the Stars Concert (2/11/17-FL) Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:03 am

A pic of Darren and Micheal Feinstein performing their duet at the Kravis Center Gala: 
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o6_1280

And some nice pics from the curtain call:
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o4_1280

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o5_1280

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o7_1280

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o8_1280

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o9_1280

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o10_1280

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o2_1280

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o1_1280

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8som7EUP1ru78h1o3_1280
source: ihavelosttheabilitytoeven's tumblr

Jen also mentioned that she has some audio from the event too.  I'm not sure if she's planning on posting it though. Hopefully she will.  

I also loved Darren's duet of cross-country traveling pics from Vancouver to Orlando. (I'm not sure where these belong, so please feel free to move them to the proper thread if needed, Poppy.) 
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8bicmmQJ1uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: Also it’s cool that what seems like three seconds ago I was toasting this beautiful snow capped skyline… #vancouver

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol8bru9lA11uetdyxo1_500
darrencriss: … And then this morning I was toasting this beautiful coastline. From one end of North America to another. Cheers, world! Thanks for letting me check ya out

What a great duet of pics!  8)

OT:I thought Darren had spent his birthday at the Whistler Resort, but the top picture sure looks like it's from Grouse Mountain.  Spectacular view. 

ETA:  Here's a video of Darren and Michael's performance (via DCA) 

17terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Empty Night of the Stars Concert (2/11/17-FL) Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you so much, Lilikoiluv, for posting those pics, your comments, and that wonderful video!   

Wow, Darren sounds so good.   Ever since I first heard Darren and Michael Feinstein sing together, I have thought their voices blend so well together when they harmonize.    I believe that Darren sounds even better now than the first time he sang with Michael.   Just beautiful singing!

Lilikoiluv wrote:Jen also mentioned that she has some audio from the event too.  I'm not sure if she's planning on posting it though. Hopefully she will.  

I also loved Darren's duet of cross-country traveling pics from Vancouver to Orlando.

Thanks for the info about Jen.  Let's hope she also posts something.    Those pics that Darren posted are lovely!

A nice pic with Lee Bell, Michael Feinstein, Adrienne Arsht, and Alan Cumming:
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_ol9u6eXp5O1uetdyxo1_1280
michaelfeinsteinsings: An incredible evening last night at the Raymond F. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts’s 25th Anniversary Gala with Kravis’ Lee Bell, @darrencriss, Adrienne Arsht, and @alancummingsnaps.

With fans:
terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_olae2iJ7ZI1uetdyxo1_500
jessiepantz: last night was a dream

@sammnnicole: “Thank you, Sam.” Wow I love you so much, @DarrenCriss heart heart

18terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Empty Night of the Stars Concert 2/11/17 (FL) Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha!  The part when Darren gets carried away and tries to get Michael Feinstein to join him in a Rockettes kick line. :amused

mypatronusismalec:
     Michael Feinstein: It is always a good time when Darren Criss is on stage with you. See video below from sound check this weekend!

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Darren's Concerts and Musical Performances for 2017:

January 10         Celebrating David Bowie (NYC)

February 11        Night of Stars concert (FL). 

March 8               Computer Games' Release Party/Concert (NYC)

March 10             Computer Games iHeartRadio performance at the NYC office of iHeartRadio

April 6                  Computer Games's performance at WE Day--NY

May 21                Computer Games perform at AIDS Walk, NYC.

June 4                 Computer Games concert at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles.

June 17               Computer Games perform at Macy's in NYC

For videos of performances by Darren and Chuck's band--Computer Games--at their Release Party/Concert on March 8, 2017, at the NYC office of iHeartRadio on March 10, and other performances by Computer Games, go here:   Music by Computer Games

For Computer Games's performance on April 6, 2017, at WE Day--NY, and for their performance on May 21, 2017, for AIDS Walk--NYC, go here:   Darren's Charitable Work for 2017

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

A pic from the February 11, 2017, 25th Anniversary "Night of Stars"  at the Kravis Center in Florida.  Hello Alan Cumming and Michael Feinstein!  Darren's facial expression in the pic.  :amused 

terminal5nyc - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 Tumblr_op5346y9SH1uetdyxo1_1280
tomandmickey: We just received this photo from our friends at The Kravis Center in Palm Beach. What fun to be there for their 25th Anniversary Gala back in February! Congratulations to @michaelfeinsteinsings @alancummingsnaps @darrencriss Storm Large, and the entire cast for an amazing night of entertainment!

April 28 2017

via dailydarrennews

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum