Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Timeout.com had reported that Darren was among the persons who would be participating in Buzzfeed's Queer Prom.  However, the article no longer is listing Darren's  name.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ot8wvcayqk1wpi2k2o2_r1_1280

Link to podcast

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

To discuss Elsie Fest 2017, please go here:  Elsie Fest 2017.

Or, to see discussion of Elsie Fest 2017, you can just go to the Home Page and click on this thread, Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017.  You will then see the two sub-threads, Elsie Fest 2017, and Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017  (which is this thread, that you are at right now).

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

Rolling Stone wrote:
'Celebrating David Bowie' Tour to Return in 2018

September 25, 2017

Last year, a series of surprise guests, including Def Leppard’s Joe Elliott, Sting, Gary Oldman, Seal, Perry Farrell, The B-52’s Kate Pierson, Ewan McGregor, Simon Le Bon, Gavin Rossdale, La Roux, Corey Taylor, Ian Astbury, Darren Criss, Tony Hadley and Living Colour, joined the tour at various spots.

This artwork looks like it has an Asian influence.
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_owup5pL3p21wpi2k2o1_1280
scarypockets ALBUM NUMBA TWO /// FUNK WALKER /// OUT TODAY. LINK IN BIO /// Artwork by the AMAZING @timmolloyart

@jackconte @ryanlerman @s.wilkes.music @instamtamir @india_carney @darrencriss@joannaalexisjones @itskenton @sarahdugasmusic @cmuzic @raithis @laurakmace @drumbyrd @bgruska @lemarcarter

Link

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive (from yesterday)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ozs537fKLQ1wpi2k2o1_540

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ozs537fKLQ1wpi2k2o2_540

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ozs537fKLQ1wpi2k2o3_540

Link
Link:  http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ozs6yydQJe1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s newsletter Fan Pre-Sale + M&G Packages: Tuesday, November 28th at 10am PT. Link to Buy Tickets (November 21st, 2017)

Link for Tickets:  https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_ozs90sFEfW1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s Instagram Story (November 21st, 2017)

*Link to sign-up

*Link to sign up:  http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

November 28             Pre-sale at 10 am PST for Darren's concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.
                                  Link to sign up for presale:   http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

December 15             Concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.
                                  For tickets:  https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

This sounds like he is launching his new music, maybe a new album?!  Cross fingers!  He did say before that he was planning to release his solo album in 2017.    Don't forget to sign up for pre-sale if you hope to go--as noted in the above post, pre-sale begins Tuesday Nov. 28. 
BroadwayWorld wrote:
Darren Criss to Bring 'Life in Songwriting' to the Stage in Los Angeles

Nov 22, 2017

Just announced, Broadway & TV star and singer-songwriter Darren Criss will perform in a special concert at The Globe Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles on December 15, 2017.

Criss Tweeted today that the concert will “take you through my life in songwriting and performing.” He added, “Get ready for new songs, old songs, and of course, versions of songs you know but have never heard. It’s gonna be totally awesome.”

Pre-sale begins next Tuesday, November 28th, at 10 a.m. PT. Sign-up here to get the code. You can also text “Darren” to +1 646-480-6997 to get a reminder when the pre-sale begins.

Criss will soon appear in THE ASSASSINATION OF GIANNI VERSACE: AMERICAN CRIME STORY, the next installment of FX’s award-winning original series, which premieres January 17th. The film stars Edgar Ramirez as Gianni Versace and Darren Criss (GLEE, HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH) in the role of serial killer Andrew Cunanan.

Link to sign up for pre-sale:   http://darrencriss.us15.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5a56534f03536f5619fb9c6af&id=1f24c7ef22

-

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

It seems to me that Darren has now enough played-on-stage-but-not-released-in-studio-version songs to fill a whole album.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, I suspect he has so many songs that just need to be produced in a studio.  I would love to hear the new songs and love to have studio versions of them on an EP or album.  heart

From dcriss-archive:

Playbill wrote:

Darren Criss Will Relive His Life and Career in Los Angeles Concert | Playbill

Nov 22, 2017

Darren Criss, star of TV’s Glee and Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, is planning a special concert at the Globe Theatre in downtown Los Angeles on November 28, at which he is promising to take audiences “through my life in songwriting and performing.”

Pre-sale of tickets for the concert begins at 10 AM PT November 28. Fans wishing to sign up for the special code should register at Darrencriss.me/SignUp.

The Globe is located at 740 South Broadway, Los Angeles, California.

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Yes, I suspect he has so many songs that just need to be produced in a studio.

And Darren doesn't seem to be into a sophisticated production. So, it's a bit strange that we don't talk about a release yet.

Maybe he's waiting the airing of ACS to release the album, in order to use the media attention for the TV show. I think we've had some talk a few months ago about how Computer Games' EP got released at the same time than the airing of the Music Meister episode.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not very good at identifying production issues/value.  I'm guessing that independent artists (unless they are big stars) may not have as many funds dedicated to funding sophisticated production of their music compared to artists who are backed by big record labels, but I thought the production on Computer Games's Lost Boys Life EP was good.  :happy face

Jeremy wrote:Maybe he's waiting the airing of ACS to release the album, in order to use the media attention for the TV show. I think we've had some talk a few months ago about how Computer Games' EP got released at the same time than the airing of the Music Meister episode.

I am thinking the same thing, that Darren is waiting closer to the premiere of Season 2 of ACS in January to drop his album, so that he can combine PR on both the show and the album.  So I'm guessing he will drop his album in December 2017 just before Versace starts.  Another possibility is that he will wait till the tail end of Versace (in March 2018?).

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Well, it doesn't seem to be a question of money, as Darren said he likes to keep it simple.

I like the production on "Lost boys life" too but it seems that the sophistication was more Chuck's work.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I still wonder if the amount of funds available for production of songs on an album or EP will differ for an independent artist, versus for an artist signed with a major record label.  And I am not sure that is not a factor (although it may not be the major factor).

I remember that Darren had said something to the effect that he prefers to have a song that appears on an album or EP to not sound significantly different from when they sing that song live, so that a live performance of that song at a concert will not result in the song sounding less full than the recorded version of that song (with the recorded version having more production).  I'm not very familiar with production issues of songs.  But Darren's philosophy, to me, does not necessarily mean he wants to keep the sound of his songs simple, but rather that he wants to keep the sound of his music on an EP/album as consistent as possible with the sound of that music at a live performance (which would be more difficult with a song that has more "layered" production).  Now days, it does seem there are amazing technological ways to produce music even at live performances, so I don't know, maybe it's possible for Darren to achieve his goal of consistency between recorded songs and songs sung live, without losing sophisticated, layered sounds?   He probably would need to invest in folks who have the knowledge and equipment of how to build that layered sound on stage at a concert.  Maybe if he does a tour he would invest in such experts, but since at this moment, he is doing a concert here and there, it doesn't make sense to invest in people like that quite yet.   I think you and I basically agree Jeremy, but I guess I also  recall what Darren said slightly differently.   But then again, I could be wrong in my memory.  :happy face 

I agree that Chuck and Darren have different styles, with Chuck having been a member of an Indie band, and Darren used to being a solo artist.  I enjoy both Darren's style and Chuck's style, and I'm sure we will get more music from Computer Games at some point, with Chuck's influence.  It may take some time, since Darren has been busy filming, but I'm sure another Computer Games release will happen.   :cheeky

Here are two performances where it seems the songs are arranged by Darren in a complex manner.  I would love to hear a studio recording of "Once Upon a Time," although I would guess that wouldn't be possible for many years since he wrote that song while under contract with Columbia?

Once Upon a Time

Teenage Dream

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I think you and I basically agree Jeremy, but I guess I also  recall what Darren said slightly differently.   But then again, I could be wrong in my memory.  hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 3308115737 

I also remember he wanted to keep the production simple for stage-related reasons. But, in any case, as he doesn't seem busy working on "layers", I guess he plans to drop the album in the middle of the buzz around ACS :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, I agree, Jeremy, that it would make sense for Darren drop his album in the middle of the PR push for Versace.  (haha.  I have no way of knowing if Darren is or isn't working on complicated production of the songs on his new album/EP.  But hopefully we will see soon!  :happy face )

Word Theatre released clips from last August's In The Cosmos yesterday. Darren performed David Bowie's Space Odyssey. sunny

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for posting that, DaisiesAndLilies!   I love, love, love that performance so much!  He did such a good job.  He sounds fantastic!  I love the way he delivers the lyrics, simultaneously dramatic, emotional and powerful!  One of his best live song performances!  Thanks again, Daisies!

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Do we have a list of the Darren songs that don't have a studio version yet ?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Oh gosh, that would take a bit of research for me.  Other folks might be able to ramble, off the top of their heads, songs he needs a studio production. Lillikoiluv, DaisiesAndLilies, dusty, Lin? 

All the songs on the Listen Up tour have not been produced in a studio.   A couple of those songs weren't my particular cup of tea, but I really, really  love "Once Upon a Time."   Would so adore a studio production of that song in particular!   I'm very happy that we got a studio production of "I Don't Mind," which I've always liked a lot.  The songs that he and Chuck sang recently that they wrote a while ago when they were younger, are also songs I would like to be produced in the studio.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_p06wbpCSHq1wpi2k2o1_1280

TicketFly wrote:

Friday December 15 DARREN CRISS

Globe Theatre
740 South Broadway
Los Angeles, Ca 90014

Doors 7:00 PM / Show 8:00 PM (event ends at 11:30 PM)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 34-og
Join Darren for a special concert at the Globe Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles as he takes us through his life in songwriting and performing. From his early years as a teenager to his later career in TV & Broadway. Get ready for new songs, old songs, and of course, versions of songs you know but have never heard. It’s gonna be totally awesome.

FAN PRE-SALE - Tuesday 11/28 at 10am PT

ON SALE - Wednesday 11/29 at 10am PT

7pm - Doors Open
8pm-10pm - Performance

Opening in 1913, the Globe Theatre is the oldest functioning theatre on Broadway Street. Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles' theatre district, the venue has welcomed celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Charlie Chaplin.

ALL AGES

PARKING - There will be a valet booth directly in front of the venue, or you can find a lot nearby.

For tickets: https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Tickets for Darren's December 15 launch concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A. are on sale now.  :happy face

From Dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_p08xxlp3rD1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s instagram story (November 30th, 2017)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_p08xhfzxBh1wpi2k2o1_1280
Link

Link to buy tickets:  https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1597645/tfly?__utma=1.440671289.1511272001.1511886455.1511891067.6&__utmb=1.7.10.1511891067&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1511886455.5.3.utmcsr=smarturl.it|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/DC_TheGlobe&__utmv=-&__utmk=91205530

Darren's Schedule:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 Tumblr_oz3vb9pYKM1ubd9qxo2_1280

TicketFly wrote:
Friday December 15 DARREN CRISS

Globe Theatre
740 South Broadway
Los Angeles, Ca 90014

Doors 7:00 PM / Show 8:00 PM (event ends at 11:30 PM)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 2 34-og
Join Darren for a special concert at the Globe Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles as he takes us through his life in songwriting and performing. From his early years as a teenager to his later career in TV & Broadway. Get ready for new songs, old songs, and of course, versions of songs you know but have never heard. It’s gonna be totally awesome.

FAN PRE-SALE - Tuesday 11/28 at 10am PT

ON SALE - Wednesday 11/29 at 10am PT

7pm - Doors Open
8pm-10pm - Performance

Opening in 1913, the Globe Theatre is the oldest functioning theatre on Broadway Street. Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles' theatre district, the venue has welcomed celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Charlie Chaplin.

ALL AGES

PARKING - There will be a valet booth directly in front of the venue, or you can find a lot nearby.

Darren's Concert Schedule:

November 29            Tickets go on sale today for Darren's launch concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.
                                 For tickets: https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

December 13            Holiday Variety Show (Charitable concert for The Girls Home & No Kid Hungry-L.A.)
                                 Tickets:  https://www.axs.com/events/342724/justin-long-chvrches-present-a-holiday-variety-show-tickets?skin=goldenvoice

December 15             Concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.

-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum