Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Oh gosh, that would take a bit of research for me.  Other folks might be able to ramble, off the top of their heads, songs he needs a studio production. Lillikoiluv, DaisiesAndLilies, dusty, Lin?  

All the songs on the Listen Up tour have not been produced in a studio.   A couple of those songs weren't my particular cup of tea, but I really, really  love "Once Upon a Time."   Would so adore a studio production of that song in particular!   I'm very happy that we got a studio production of "I Don't Mind," which I've always liked a lot.  The songs that he and Chuck sang recently that they wrote a while ago when they were younger, are also songs I would like to be produced in the studio.

Thank you for your answer :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-
Jeremy wrote:Do we have a list of the Darren songs that don't have a studio version yet ?

Sorry, Jeremy, that I didn't give a very complete answer earlier.  But now that I have more time, I can be a bit more thorough in my answer.

-So of the fairly recent songs of Darren's from the Listen Up Tour, I would like studio productions for: 

--"Once Upon A Time" ( I really love this song)

--"I Don't Mind" (which we got and which I like a lot  :happy face )

-And from Darren and Chuck's early songs:

--"The Damage"

--"Same Old Situation"

from the Listen Up tour in 2013:
- Once Upon A Time
- Words
- Pheromones
- Picture Perfect
- Any Of Those Things

older:
- Stutter
- The Muse
- Another Love Affair

...I'm probably forgetting something, but that's all I can think of right now.
I think Same Old Situation was just a Chuck song and he already recorded it years ago, iirc they used it as background music in Little White Lie. And I doubt they would record The Damage, but hey, I was already wrong about I Don't Mind. :happy face

(more from high school:
- Sophomore
- Categories
- High School Rockout)

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for your lists, Lin.  So thorough!  And thanks for the info about Damage and Same Old Situation. :happy face

Of those songs that you listed, which songs would you like to see studio recordings of?

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Thank you, Lin, for the answer.

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

Just a reminder that tickets to Darren's concert on December 15 at the Globe Theatre in Los Angeles are on sale now.  :happy face

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p0ikjv8Xkc1wpi2k2o1_1280

Link

Link to Ticketfly:  https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1597645/tfly?__utma=1.440671289.1511272001.1511886455.1511891067.6&__utmb=1.7.10.1511891067&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1511886455.5.3.utmcsr=smarturl.it|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/DC_TheGlobe&__utmv=-&__utmk=91205530

TicketFly wrote:
Friday December 15 DARREN CRISS

Globe Theatre
740 South Broadway
Los Angeles, Ca 90014

Doors 7:00 PM / Show 8:00 PM (event ends at 11:30 PM)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 34-og
Join Darren for a special concert at the Globe Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles as he takes us through his life in songwriting and performing. From his early years as a teenager to his later career in TV & Broadway. Get ready for new songs, old songs, and of course, versions of songs you know but have never heard. It’s gonna be totally awesome.

FAN PRE-SALE - Tuesday 11/28 at 10am PT

ON SALE - Wednesday 11/29 at 10am PT

7pm - Doors Open
8pm-10pm - Performance

Opening in 1913, the Globe Theatre is the oldest functioning theatre on Broadway Street. Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles' theatre district, the venue has welcomed celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Charlie Chaplin.

ALL AGES

PARKING - There will be a valet booth directly in front of the venue, or you can find a lot nearby.

December 15             Darren's Concert at the Globe Theatre in L.A.
                                  For tickets: https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

I'm a bit behind with posting Darren-news.

From dcriss-archive:

For anyone going to Darren's Homework EP release party on Dec. 15 at the Globe Theatre in Los Angeles, this is exciting!   A chance to win a pair of M & G passes! 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p0jziiruyy1wpi2k2o1_1280

Link

Link:  https://www.hive.co/contests/contest/7996/spotlight/

For Tickets to the concert:
https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p0k9iqZE4z1wpi2k2o2_1280

This is interesting.  I'm glad to see "Once Upon a Time" near the top.   That song really did seem to me to be personal to Darren, and I think he even talked a little bit about what it meant to him on the Listen Up tour.   I would really, really, really love a studio version of "Once Upon a Time"!  Would also love a studio version of the Hedwig songs, but I don't know if that is legally possible.  Fans have been wanting a studio version of "Stutter" for  a long time too. 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p0kg5daSea1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren Criss: The Globe even page (December 6th, 2017)

Link:  https://www.facebook.com/events/203950840148186/permalink/208649333011670/

From Darren Criss Army:

Via Darren’s Instagram Story 12/7/17 Instagram.com/darrencriss

via Darren Criss Army

For Tickets to the concert:
https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645?mc_cid=784ddb7070&mc_eid=59c12c3b29

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Just a reminder from Darren that Computer Games is participating in a Holiday Variety Show tomorrow, Wednesday, December 13 in Los Angeles:

From dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p0vl7pr3Vq1wpi2k2o1_1280
DarrenCriss: Who’s coming??

axs.com/events/342724

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p0vklkOTIt1wpi2k2o1_1280
weplaycomputers: Are we seeing you tomorrow? axs.com/events/342724

This is a benefit concert/show to benefit two charities:   The Girls Home and No Kid Hungry.  :happy face

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Homework EP Release Party/Concert (December 15, 2017, Los Angeles).

Darren's concert to release his Homework EP is this Friday, December 15!  Buy your tickets now!

This is so nice of the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles to tweet about Darren's release concert this Friday.  I remember pics of Darren with the staff of the theatre--so nice of them to be supportive of Darren.  :happy face
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p0x21yG4ER1wpi2k2o1_1280
Pantages: You know him from #Glee and #HedwigandtheAngryInch Join @DarrenCriss this Friday, 12/15 for a special concert at @GlobeTheatreLA as he takes you through his life in songwriting & performing. Get tickets here: ticketf.ly/2AEzwiH

Link for tickets on Ticket Fly:  https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645

Playbill wrote:
Darren Criss Will Relive His Life and Career in December 15 Los Angeles Concert | Playbill

Dec 13, 2017

Darren Criss, star of TV’s Glee and Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, is planning a special concert at the Globe Theatre in downtown Los Angeles December 15, at which he is promising to take audiences “through my life in songwriting and performing.”

He wrote to fans, “Get ready for new songs, old songs, and of course, versions of songs you know but have never heard. It’s gonna be totally awesome.”

The Globe is located at 740 South Broadway, Los Angeles, California. Tickets, which cost $31–$131, can be ordered by clicking here.

Go here for Tickets:
https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1597645

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren Criss Homework EP Release Party Rehearsal/FB Q&A

(Source: youtube.com)

And dcriss-archive has their YouTube video:

Darren Criss Homework EP Release Party Rehearsal/FB Q&A (December 14th, 2017)

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Am so behind in posting.  :apology

I watched most of the Livestream, and it was so fun to watch!  I'm really appreciative that Darren livestreamed it for all his fans. heart applause The crowd seemed more quiet than usual at Darren's concerts.  There was a reverent air about them.   We all are so happy that Darren has released his music!  celebrate

I wasn't one of Darren's fans who knew him at the same time AVPM became big.  I first learned of him because of Glee, but I did buy his Human EP after I became a fan (during season 3?).  haha.  My poor husband has memorized the words to many of the songs on that EP because I play it multiple times a day . :big grin   I am very fond of the songs on Human.  So it was very nice to hear him sing "Human," "Don't You," "Jealousy," and "Not Alone," and "Sami."   I always loved the inspirational message of "Not Alone."   I've been a fan of "The Muse" ever since I heard it (many years ago), so I really enjoyed hearing him sing that song.  I think Darren did a great job with the story told in the lyrics of "The Muse."   And I love the way it sounds.  Of the StarKid songs that I've heard, "To Have a Home" is one of my favorites.  I really like the lyrics.  "Going Back to Hogwarts" is so clever and fun. 

As always, I enjoy Darren's fun banter.  "I released some f*cking music!" :amused  When he said "stretch-a-roo" (he had a busy week; he must be a bit tired).   About "This Time" (Glee), first he noted that the song was nominated for an Emmy--something to be very proud of.  The lyrics are beautifully written.  And then he joked:  "This is an Emmy-losing song."   :amused    Love his clever, self-deprecating humor.  This version of "This Time" is my favorite version from him so far.   I can imagine as Lea said, it's incredibly hard to sing this particular song.  It must be a challenge to adapt to a male with a much lower register who is has more of a singer-songwriter style.   Except for a few moments on the song that he had to stretch a bit, I thought Darren did a great job!  He sounds so good.    :love

Loved hearing "Cough Syrup," one of my most favorite songs that Darren did on Glee.   His performance of this song at the release concert was amazing.

I really enjoyed his mash-up of "Brotherhood of Man" and "Midnight Radio."    I especially loved his performance of Midnight Radio.   He sounds so great!

Really am very happy to hear him perform all the songs on the new Homework EP.  I'm not sure, but I don't think he had a chance to do "I Don't Mind" because of time issues (was a bit surprised how strict the theater was about that).    I thought he sounded especially great on "Going Nowhere," (although I think the EP version is more emotional).   I thought it was wonderful that he arranged to have all those musicians on stage performing the songs of the new EP.  He sounds wonderful on "I Dreamed A Dream"--the more I hear the acoustic version of the song, the more I love his performance of it.  He sounds great on all the new songs from Homework that he did at the concert.

From dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p10zt0u1Tq1wpi2k2o1_1280
Marquee for the Homework EP release party at the Globe Theatre (December 15th, 2017) | Source

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p113iyhk8U1wpi2k2o1_1280
Via Darren’s Instagram Story (December 15th, 2017)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p11ks3IGe81wpi2k2o1_540
Via Nederlander Concerts’ Instagram Story (December 15th, 2017)

Homework EP Release Show Live
December 15, 2017

This was fun, to take a song from each of his Broadway shows, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch.  Lovely performance of "Brotherhood of Man."   He sounds especially fantastic on "Midnight Radio." heart heart heart  So glad for Jenndesq that she was able to attend (and so lucky for us fans!).  

jenndesq:
   Brotherhood Of Man & Midnight Radio - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

jenndesq:
   Not Alone - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

jenndesq:
   Don’t You - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

jenndesq:
    Jealousy - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

jenndesq:
    Sami - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

jenndesq:
    Human - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

jenndesq:
   The Muse - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

jenndesq:
   Part Of Your World - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

jenndesq:
   One Fine Day - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

So nice that Rae  Votta came.  Love how she is such a long-time supporter.  heart heart heart

Via Rae Votta’s Instagram Story (December 15th, 2017)

via dcriss-archive

A few pics of Darren during the concert:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p11evsRabm1wpi2k2o5_1280
X

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p11hzx7BaW1wpi2k2o6_1280
X

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p11hqvM2JP1wpi2k2o1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p11hqvM2JP1wpi2k2o2_1280
X | X |

From Darren Criss Army:

Darren performing Midnight Radio at the Homework EP Release Party 12/15/17 [source]

via Darren Criss Army

Darren Criss - mash-up on Homework EP concert 12.15.2017

Brotherhood of Man/Midnight Radio

(Source: youtube.com)

Darren Criss - Not Alone - Homework EP Release Party 12/15/17

(Source:  youtube.com)

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p11c0wG8oM1ubd9qxo1_1280
VIP poster from the Homework EP Release Party 12/15/17

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p118mdQbGw1ubd9qxo1_1280
#HomeworkEP release party at the Globe Theatre via Ricky Rollins’ Instagram Story (Instagram.com/rockerrick) 12/15/17

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p11jhiWPhC1ubd9qxo1_1280
jonyricker: Rug ROH!! Surprise #GoingBackToHogwarts w/ @slowpez8 @dylansaunders and @brianro_______ at @darrencriss #Homework ep release show!! Thanks for having us bud! https://www.instagram.com/p/BcwJI5YHCtQ/‬

-

Last edited by Poppy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I'll watch the concert in the following days :happy face

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Homework EP Release Party/Concert at the Globe Theatre (December 15, 2017, Los Angeles).

I hope you enjoy it, Jeremy.   Darren goes from his early songs, including on his first EP (Human), to his Broadway songs from How To Succeed and Hedwig,  to Glee songs, to StarKid songs, to his songs on this new EP, Homework:happy face

It was a really nice presentation in terms of his songs during different periods of his life.  Overall I think he did a wonderful job!  It was a really special concert.  I'm very happy for him and so proud that he released his new original music on his Homework EP! heart heart heart

From Darren Criss Army:

Thank you so much, Jenndesq!  We appreciate you doing this for all Darren's fans!!!  Isn't she amazing?!   bow to you 

Jennedesq wrote:
Darren Criss at the Globe Theatre - December 15, 2017

jenndesq:

Full Playlist [x]

Early Years:

The Muse [x]
Part Of Your World [x]
One Fine Day [x]

Human EP:

Human [x]
Sami [x]
Jealousy [x]
Don’t You [x]
Not Alone [x]

Broadway:

Brotherhood of Man & Midnight Radio [x]

Glee:

This Time & Teenage Dream [x]
Hopelessly Devoted & Cough Syrup [x]

Starkid:

To Have A Home [x]
Back To Hogwarts [x]

Homework EP:

Foolish Thing [x]
I Dreamed A Dream [x]
Going Nowhere [x]
The Day That The Dance Is Over [x]

via Darren Criss Army

Link to Jenndesq:  http://jenndesq.tumblr.com/post/168608783797/darren-criss-at-the-globe-theatre-december-15#notes

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:12 am; edited 3 times in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

Been listening to more of Jenndesq's YouTube videos.  (So grateful that she does this for Darren's fans!)  haha.  I take back what I said yesterday about Darren's fans being more subdued than at his other concerts.   It is cute how happy they are to sing along with Darren.  :happy face  

These are the two songs from Glee that in my opinion, are most closely associated with Darren.  One, because "Teenage Dream" put Darren on the map of public visibility (and deservedly so!).  I distinctly remember watching that scene, and after the performance was over, my husband and I looked at each other and he said something like, "that was good." :happy face  High praise from my hubby.   :amused And second, because Darren did such a beautiful job with  composing "This Time," such lovely, bittersweet lyrics.  :cry The song sounds  beautiful.   heart   I really like this version of the song that he did at the release concert!  His performance got to me.   sad face   The more I listen to the videos of Darren doing "This Time," the more I love his performance of "This Time" at the release concert!

jenndesq:
  This Time & Teenage Dream - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

"Cough Syrup" is one of my favorite songs from Glee, from such an important episode and sung so emotionally in that episode.   I love his passionate performance of "Cough Syrup" (both visually and vocally) at the release concert!  Always a joy to hear Darren perform this song, as well as "Hopelessly Devoted to You." 

jenndesq:
   Hopelessly Devoted & Cough Syrup - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

Such a fun song, with clever lyrics.  Made me laugh.  :big grin

jenndesq:
   Back To Hogwarts - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

Wonderful lyrics! 

jenndesq

Such a nice, snappy melody.  :happy face

jenndesq:
   Foolish Thing - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

So pretty.   He sounds great! 

jenndesq:
   I Dreamed A Dream - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

Beautifully emotional.  Love this song very much. 

jenndesq:
   Going Nowhere - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

Very sweet, touching song. 

jenndesq:
   The Day That The Dance Is Over - Darren Criss - Globe Theatre

Videos by Johanna Walker (I think this is Yanks02?)  Her videos also have nice close ups. Audio is very clear. 

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Love the inspirational message of "Not Alone."

Johanna Walker

Darren always does "Midnight Radio" beautifully.  Love the mash-up with "Brotherhood of Man."

Johanna Walker

The more I listen to this version of "This Time," the more I love it!  He did such a good job! 

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Loved his passionate performance, both vocally and visually. 

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

Johanna Walker

He sounds great!

Johanna Walker

One of my favorite songs of Darren.  heart

Johanna Walker

Lovely.

Johanna Walker

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Homework EP Release Party/Concert at the Globe Theatre (December 15, 2017, Los Angeles).

From Darren Criss Army:

I really love his rendition of "Midnight Radio."  heart

Darren performing Midnight Radio at the Homework EP Release Party 12/15/17 [source]

via Darren Criss Army

From dcriss-archive:

This is so nice of yanks02!  Thank you!  Her videos are also good audio. 
yanks02 wrote:
Darren Criss at Globe Theatre - YouTube

yanks02:

I’ve created a playlist on youtube so you can pretty much just watch the entire concert in order. I mean not that I’m going to be doing that over and over and over and….. well you know.

Also here are individual links for people who want them all in one post:

The Muse and Part of Your World    x

One Fine Day   x

Human and Sami   
x

Jealousy    x

Don’t You   
x

Not Alone   x

Brotherhood of Men/Midnight Radio   
x

This Time   x

Teenage Dream   
x

Hopelessly Devoted to You   x

Cough Syrup   

Introduction to Have a Home   x

To Have a Home   
x

Going Back to Hogwarts   x 

Foolish Things   
x

I Dreamed a Dream   x 

Going Nowhere   

The Day that the Dance is Over   x 

(If a link is wrong, please let me know. It’s been a long 48 hours.)

As always, please credit me if you use for anything. I enjoy taking these videos for my own personal entertainment, but also so that all of Darren’s fans around the world can watch him.

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW6v7A60QJidqGKU3uC4cr1-Npw8k6i0z

And lucy8675309 also has some videos too.   They look like they have great close-ups and good audio (but with some folks singing along).  :happy face  I'll post some of her videos.  

lucy8675309:

The Muse
12-15-17

Part of Your World

lucy8675309:
The Little Mermaid
12-15-17

lucy8675309:
Human
12-15-17

lucy8675309:
Sami
12-15-17

lucy8675309:
Jealousy
12-15-17

lucy8675309:
Don’t You
12-15-17

lucy8675309:
Not Alone
12-15-17

lucy8675309:
Brotherhood of Man / Midnight Radio Medley
12-15-17

This Time & Teenage Dream

Hopelessly Devoted to You

Cough Syrup (Partial)

lucy8675309:
To Have A Home & Back To Hogwarts with Starkid
12-15-17

Foolish Thing

I Dreamed A Dream

Going Nowhere

The Day the Dance is Over

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

Some pics from the release concert:

This is a great pic showing the crowd.  Would love to see how it looked on the top level. 
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p14k0tpsHw1wpi2k2o1_1280
globetheatrela: Magic Moments with #darrencriss #nederlanderconcerts #globetheatrela #dtlanightlife #dtla

via dcriss-archive

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12niv3QPb1wpi2k2o2_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12niv3QPb1wpi2k2o3_1280
X X X X X X

via dcriss-archive

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12hn1W6zY1wpi2k2o5_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12hn1W6zY1wpi2k2o6_1280
  X X

via dcriss-archive

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12fg4VRdB1wpi2k2o9_1280
X

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12gtiqjHA1wpi2k2o1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12gtiqjHA1wpi2k2o2_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12gtiqjHA1wpi2k2o3_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12gtiqjHA1wpi2k2o4_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12gtiqjHA1wpi2k2o5_1280
X|X|X|X

via dcriss-archive

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p131bb5b4c1wpi2k2o1_540

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p131bb5b4c1wpi2k2o4_1280
X X

via dcriss-archive

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151o6Qis91wpi2k2o1_1280
tomsandoval1: Congratulations to @darrencriss for his awesome performance this past Friday! U killed it with #Harrypotterthemusical check out his New EP on iTunes #homeworkep also check out @nicholaspetricholas band @walkthemoonband album on iTunes #whatifnothing

From Darren Criss Army:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p127fgJB321r0rx8mo1_1280
jenndesq:
    music note music note music note @darrencriss (at Globe Theatre)

via Darren Criss Army

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12enxW3wp1ubd9qxo2_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12enxW3wp1ubd9qxo4_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12enxW3wp1ubd9qxo5_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12enxW3wp1ubd9qxo8_1280
Darren Criss performing at the #HomeworkEP Release Party at the Globe Theatre 12/15/17 Getty Images

via Darren Criss Army

-

Last edited by Poppy on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

Some great pics!  Very nice!

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151ylAYSb1rhtxzao4_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151ylAYSb1rhtxzao2_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151ylAYSb1rhtxzao3_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151ylAYSb1rhtxzao5_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151ylAYSb1rhtxzao7_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151ylAYSb1rhtxzao6_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151ylAYSb1rhtxzao1_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p151ylAYSb1rhtxzao8_1280
(Source: lucy8675309)

via Darren Criss Army

This is interesting.  More men in the audience, with Jenndesq commenting that Darren's fan base is expanding.  That is great!   And his StarKid and Glee fans are growing up as well.   I think the Globe's website lists their total capacity as 1,722, so I would be really interested in knowing how many folks attended.  :happy face
The livestream was amazing, but not hearing any crowd sounds was a bit odd. How would you describe the crowd? Size? Reactions? Thanks!
Asked by mysecretfandomgarden hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Avatar_9abf019321ae_30

jenndesq:

it was a really nice crowd! for the most part, people were respectful & friendly. there were approximately 185 vip meet & greet tickets sold, so we were the vast majority of the attendees. the vip ticket included early admission to the show, but that wasn’t actually a benefit unless you also got there many hours early. i haven’t watched the livestream and don’t know where the mics were set up for it, but the audience was definitely enthusiastic, cheering loudly between songs, and in some cases singing along - but not so loudly that it ruined the experience, which is a huge change from the listen up tour audience. darren’s fan base has grown up. and expanded. i’ve never seen so many men in the audience of his shows before. i hope that answers your question! also, in case you missed my videos, you can check them out here. happy https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLb7OwC9kZ1D0wUQ3hgp2WUeHu_WuPlvoC
via Darren Criss Army

From dcriss-archive:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p12yqiyO881r7uj9no1_1280
dreaminglonger2nite:
Loved seeing Darren Criss last night for the 5th time heart heart Waiting in line for 7 hours was totally worth it just to see him sing all his hits. What an incredible show  happy Even though he didn’t even finishing playing his EP laugh until you cry oh Darren…

via dcriss-archive

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p16on4lH701wpi2k2o4_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p16on4lH701wpi2k2o6_1280
[44 HQ] Photos from Darren Criss’s homework ep release concert (December 15th, 2017) | @wiseshots

via dcriss-archive

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p16lubsqsX1r183sxo2_1280

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p16lubsqsX1r183sxo6_1280
wiseshots:
Photos from Darren Criss’s homework ep concert.
All photos are watermarked.

via dcriss-archive

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From Darren Criss Army:

hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p18672BKdp1ubd9qxo1_250
This is the signed show laminate that participants in Darren’s Meet & Greet at the Globe show on Friday will be getting sent to them. (There was a delivery snafu at the venue so they couldn’t be distributed then as intended.)

Also, M&G pictures have been posted and the link was sent via email!!

via Darren Driss Army

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:
hedwigandtheangryinch - Darren's Concerts and Other Musical Performances for 2017 - Page 3 Tumblr_p1c15fefVE1wpi2k2o1_1280
Link

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dlu_cWQHnU&feature=youtu.be

-

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

From dcriss-archive:

Playbill wrote:
Watch Darren Criss’ Full Live Release Show for His New EP | Playbill

Dec 22, 2017

Darren Criss has been hard at work. Having sung covers of pop songs in his breakout role on television’s Glee, then tunes on Broadway in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Criss has been writing his own work.

The musician performed at The Globe Theatre in Los Angeles earlier this month in celebration of the release of his new EP, Homework. The five-track album features Criss and his band, Computer Games.

As Variety reported, Criss explained the title for the album: “For starters, I made it mostly at home.Whether writing or recording it at my own place or at friends’, it’s about as homegrown as you can get. It was produced mostly with real live instruments, getting back to what really started my life as a songwriter in the first place — guitars and pianos and words and music,” Criss said in a message to his fans. “The main idea behind this was to embrace me just being me as much as possible in the hopes of it reaching you in some kind of positive way.”

“Secondly, homework always took me way too long to do. It’s true what they say—an artist’s work is never done,” he continued. “It never feels ‘done’ until it’s out there for someone else to experience. And so here I am, ‘finishing’ it by releasing it into the world, and encouraging it to live its own life with you. You who have waited very patiently and supported me tirelessly through the years—my family and friends from school growing up in San Francisco, my friends from college in Ann Arbor, the fans that kicked off my career and the new ones that are interested into diving a little deeper into my backstory. This one’s for you. So here, I did some homework.”

-

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum