Darren Criss Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darren Criss Fan Community

This is a fan forum to discuss Darren Criss\'s career and his public activities, including his theater, film, and TV projects, his music and musical performances, charitable work, interaction with fans, and interviews.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren's TV Projects for 2017

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Please feel free to post about Darren's TV Projects for 2017.   To post in this thread ("Topic"), please select "Post Reply" and then type your post.

If you would like me to start a new Topic (thread) that is within the Category of "Darren's TV Projects"), please let me know.  Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Icon_smile

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin, I hope you don't mind if I put the discussion of Darren being on The Flash and Supergirl musical cross-over episodes in this thread.  Sorry that I didn't open a 2017 thread Darren's TV Projects earlier.  Embarassed   Thanks again for posting the news!! applause :thank you

I'm gonna quote your post that was in the Darren Appreciation thread for 2017:

Lin wrote:

Yay, I thought this might happen. I'm not a superhero person and don't watch either of the shows, but I'm looking forward to seeing Darren on TV again.  With the added bonus of hearing him sing. Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 1176082380

Flash/Supergirl Musical Episode Stages Glee Reunion, Casts Darren Criss as the Menacing Music Meister

Music makes the Glee kids come together again!

In a pitch-perfect piece of casting, Darren Criss will reunite with his former Glee cohorts Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist when he guest-stars in the two-part The Flash/Supergirl musical episode as the Big Bad Music Meister, TVLine has learned exclusively.

“With our Flash and our Supergirl being Glee alums, how could we not have them go up against another Glee favorite like Darren Criss?” exec producer Andrew Kreisberg tells TVLine. “We have been blown away by his talent over the years and we can’t wait to see what he brings to the Music Meister.”

As reported last week, the anticipated crossover will air Monday, March 20 and Tuesday, March 21 at 8/7 each night. As with the network’s recent “Heroes v. Aliens” saga, the event will start at the end of Supergirl, saving most of the musical action for The Flash‘s portion of the event, appropriately titled “Duet.”

As for which characters will be singing, The CW confirmed that  Broadway vets Jesse L. Martin (Joe), Victor Garber (Dr. Stein), John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn) and Jeremy Jordan (Winn); and Carlos Valdes (Cisco) will be lending their voices alongside Gustin, Benoist and Criss.

Glee fun fact: Gustin’s Sebastian was initially introduced in Season 3 as a quasi-villain whose flirtation with Criss’ Blaine stoked jealousy in Chris Colfer’s Kurt. Gustin’s been anxious to get his ex–onscreen crush on The Flash as far back as 2015, telling Entertainment Tonight at the time, “I’m like, ‘Dude, we gotta get you on this thing. I don’t know in what capacity, but he’s got to.”
http://tvline.com/2017/01/23/darren-criss-the-flash-supergirl-music-meister-musical-episode/

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:
Yay, I thought this might happen. I'm not a superhero person and don't watch either of the shows, but I'm looking forward to seeing Darren on TV again.  With the added bonus of hearing him sing. Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 1176082380

Yaaaaay!!!! celebrate :bravo  

I watch both The Flash and Supergirl.   Ever since The Flash came to be on the CW, I've been hoping that Darren guest-stars!   I'm so happy to hear this news!  Thank you Lin for posting it here!    I can't wait to watch! 

Lin, you have a great memory.   The article you posted said Grant said in an interview that he wanted Darren to be on The Flash, which is cool.  Didn't Grant also  tweet about wanting Darren to be on The Flash before?   Anyway, I'm so happy that this is finally happening, and how cool that it's happening during the musical cross-overs between the 2 shows, so as Lin said, we get the added bonus of getting to hear him sing! 

I'm sure Lilikoiluv, DaisiesAndLilies, dusty, and Jeremy are gonna be very happy to see Darren back on their TV screens. 

Lin, do you guys get The Flash and Supergirl in Germany?  How about you (in Brussels) Jeremy?

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Both Darren Criss Army and dailydarrennews have posted about the different entertainment media coverage of the news of Darren guest-starring on The Flash and Supergirl musical cross-overs.

TV guide gives a little info about the character, Music Meister:

TV Guide wrote:Music Meister is a character that originated in the animated series Batman: The Brave and the Bold. A formerly bullied child, Music Meister hypnotizes people with his singing to force them to do his bidding.

-TV Guide

EW.com also stated that Neil Patrick Harris played the character in Batman:  The Brave and the Bold.

Here are some links to site that covered the news: 
BroadwayWorld.com
Vulture
EW.com
Mashable
Broadway.com
MTV News
TV Guide
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

And also: Screenrant (via dailydarrennews), which had this pic:  :big grin
Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Darren-Criss-Music-Meister

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_ok8zv5pZYz1ubd9qxo1_1280
Via  Darren's Facebook 1/23/17
http://tvline.com/2017/01/23/darren-criss-the-flash-supergirl-music-meister-musical-episode/
(DarrenCrissArmy)

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_ok8ury8TDi1uetdyxo1_500
@DarrenCriss (January 23, 2017)
via dailydarrennews

5Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks for the new Thread, Poppy! :happy face

Poppy wrote:Lin, you have a great memory.   The article you posted said Grant said in an interview that he wanted Darren to be on The Flash, which is cool.  Didn't Grant also  tweet about wanting Darren to be on The Flash before? 
Shh, it's 30% memory, 70% search engines.  :cheeky
Hmm, I think it was just Darren who tweeted about wanting to be on The Flash. Grant tweeted lots of other nice things about Darren though.

Darren Criss  ‏@DarrenCriss 24 Aug 2015
If Fillion gets to do it then I wanna put my name in the suggestion box too, not for BG but another guy we haven't seen yet... @CW_TheFlash

He must be excited about not only getting to play a super villain, but also getting to reunite with Grant, Melissa and Carlos!

Poppy wrote:Lin, do you guys get The Flash and Supergirl in Germany?  How about you (in Brussels) Jeremy?
The shows do air in Germany, but with a significant delay. I don't think the current seasons have started yet. I want to watch it in English anyway, but I'll probably still watch whenever it airs here because I'll be curious how good/bad the translation is and whether they all have the same voice actors as on Glee. :amused

Last edited by Lin on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

haha!   I don't believe that.  I think it's probably the other way around, primarily memory. 

Thanks for posting that tweet from Darren, Lin.  Aw, I didn't realize all the nice things Grant said over time about Darren.  Thanks for linking us to those tweets from Grant!

Lin wrote:
He must be excited about not only getting to play a super villian, but also getting to reunite with Grant, Melissa and Carlos!

Yes!  I can imagine how happy he is to reunite on TV with his former Glee co-stars Grant and Melissa, and with his U of Michigan pal, Carlos!   And I can just picture Darren relishing playing a super-villain!   It was fun watching him play a jerk on American Horror Story.  Am excited to see Darren's acting (and singing) in this new role! 

Was this why he cut his hair short, do you think?  I wonder if he filmed already for the role?
Lin wrote:The shows do air in Germany, but with a significant delay. I don't think the current seasons have started yet. I want to watch it in English anyway, but I'll probably still watch whenever it airs here because I'll be curious how good/bad the translation is and whether they all have the same voice actors as on Glee. Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 3295213406

haha!  That would be interesting to see what they do.

Last edited by Poppy on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Poppy wrote:Was this why he cut his hair short, do you think?  I wonder if he filmed already for the role?
I know earlier this month one of the showrunners said the role hadn't been cast yet (because I saw people on Twitter suggesting Darren as a response), so the mystery of the haircut remains. :laughing

I'm also excited to see Darren as a villain!

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Darren-gif-darren-criss-26694890-499-278

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:I know earlier this month one of the showrunners said the role hadn't been cast yet (because I saw people on Twitter suggesting Darren as a response), so the mystery of the haircut remains. Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 1021284439

Oh, that's interesting!  Thanks Lin. 

The mystery of Darren's haircut  continues . . .

I hope the haircut still is connected to Royalties.  :fingers crossed :fingers crossed :fingers crossed   Hopefully, we will hear an update in the next few weeks.

I remember reading a comment from someone.  I think it was on the BroadwayWorld message board.  Anyway, that person complimented the scene where Darren's Hedwig was cruel to Yitzhak, where Darren's Hedwig led Yitzhak to get his hope up high about the possibility of performing with Hedwig, before Hedwig crashed that hope by cruelly mocking Yitzhak by saying: "the German and the Jew," and grabbing Yitzhak's groin.   I remember that person posting on the message board felt this scene was "chilling."  I agree, Darren did a great job in that scene.  His Hedwig's cruelty in that scene, was devastating to Yitzhak.  :cry

I'm not sure how the director of the episode wants to have this character, the Music Meister, be played, whether mostly fun and weird, or scary-cruel/scary-dangerous.  I wonder if I can find the animated show and take a look at it. 

haha!  This made me laugh. 
Lin wrote:I'm also excited to see Darren as a villain!

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Darren-gif-darren-criss-26694890-499-278

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

This is really cute:

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_ok98slmKWH1tzb2k3o1_1280

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_ok98slmKWH1tzb2k3o2_1280
hellomaleka:

I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY CAST DARREN AS MUSIC MEISTER!! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EPISODE EVER!! Glee/Starkid/Broadway reunion and DARREN IS THE VILLAIN!!! AND SINGING AND DANCING AND SUPERHEROES AND… AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ZACH WOODLEE DOING CHOREO, AND, AND, AND… *faints*
(via DarrenCrissArmy)

10Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:12 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

You can google "Batman:  The Brave and the Bold, Music Meister," and you should be able to find videos of that episode (Episode 24, Season 1, first aired October 23, 2009).  The name of the episode is "Mayhem of the Music Meister!" 

I suspect that Music Meister was inspired by the Phantom of The Phantom of the Opera, in terms of the Phantom's almost hypnotizing power over Christine (also the Music Meister was bullied as a child, like the Phantom, although the Phantom's treatment as a child was was devastating; also the Music Meister was obsessed with Canary, just as the Phantom was obsessed with Christine).

I would love to see Darren show the seductive power of the Music Meister, and then show how chilling his cruel manipulation of this victims are.

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Maxresdefault

From dailydarennews:

Melissa Benoist Confirms Glee Reunion for Supergirl and The Flash Musical Crossover

From DarrenCrissArmy:
Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_oka71lrOgy1ubd9qxo1_1280
DarrenCrissArmy

Note:  In the episode of The Flash last night, there was a reference to the Music Meister (getting a book deal :big grin ).   Maybe Darren will get another episode some time later on The Flash:fingers crossed

11Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:54 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Poppy wrote:I'm sure Lilikoiluv, DaisiesAndLilies, dusty, and Jeremy are gonna be very happy to see Darren back on their TV screens. 

Although I don't know how much screen time he'll have in that episode, I'm indeed happy :happy face  

Darren comes back in a TV series for acting and singing, he's gonna play a brand new kind of character and it's a show that I actually watch (I talk about Supergirl). Besides, it's a very mainstream project : I think he's gonna get more attention for this than for his Broadway shows or Smitten (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Btw, I think we should open a thread for Supergirl. I'm still somewhere in season 1 but I think I will catch up in a few weeks.

12Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:Darren comes back in a TV series for acting and singing, he's gonna play a brand new kind of character and it's a show that I actually watch (I talk about Supergirl). Besides, it's a very mainstream project

All good things, Jeremy!  thumbs up

Jeremy wrote:Besides, it's a very mainstream project : I think he's gonna get more attention for this than for his Broadway shows or Smitten (correct me if I'm wrong).
True, it's a mainstream project, although watching superheroes is not everyone's cup of tea (although I enjoy superheroes in general, and The Flash and Supergirl in particular).   And TV shows in general seem to reach a wider audience than most Broadway shows (although there are always exceptions to that rule).

Darren does not always pick more mainstream projects, but I love that about him.   I'm looking forward to Smitten! when it proceeds forward.   That film does seem unusual in the sense that there is fantasy involved, but I am looking forward to it being different.   Some movies that have fantasy as an element have been very successful, so hoping that is the case with this film as well.  Just hoping that we get some news about it sometime soon. 

If Royalties gets picked up as a pilot/series, it seems it would be more mainstream than The Flash or Supergirl, in the sense it's not in the superhero/comics genre.   Also am hoping for news about that, maybe in the next few weeks.

Jeremy wrote:Btw, I think we should open a thread for Supergirl. I'm still somewhere in season 1 but I think I will catch up in a few weeks.

Your wish is my command.  :amused   I watch Supergirl regularly.  I have been a fan of Melissa since Glee.   I loved the Season 4 newbies.  I enjoy watching Supergirl, and think they are doing a great job this season on a new network.  I like how they are developing the original characters more, especially Alex.  I think the writers on the CW are doing a better job, than the writers did for the show on CBS (although I do miss Cat).     I have enjoyed seeing Grant on The Flash as well, since he seems like a genuinely sweet person (just like Melissa) and since I loved him on Glee as part of the Warblers.  

If anyone wants to open a Thread (Topic) for any other TV show, let me know.  I know at least 2 of us watch This is Us (a beautiful show), so if anyone wants me to open a thread for that, or any other TV show which at least 2 people watch, just holler.

Edit:
Just saw that DarrenCrissArmy posted this.  Mention of Darren being on The Flash/Supergirl musical crossover.  :happy face   Point 4:44 of the video is where he is mentioned.

THE BROADWAY.COM SHOW: Oscar noms, a day with HAMILTON’s Mandy Gonzalez, Darren Criss gets evil & more
DarrenCrissArmy

Don't forget to watch on March 20 (Monday) and March 21 (Tuesday), on Supergirl and The Flash, although most of the musical story will be on The Flash (Tuesday).   I haven't talked to Karen in a while, but I can bet she is very happy to hear the news.  :happy face

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

13Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:39 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

In the episode of The Flash this week, there was a reference to the Music Meister (getting a book deal Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 2780594425 ).   Maybe Darren will get another episode some time later on The FlashCostumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 264538070

Thank you Lilikoiluv for finding this pic (talk about illegible handwriting.  Darren's handwriting is a breeze compare H.R's)!   :big grin   I believe what H.R. wrote (notating headlines that Barry and Cisco were seeing on the news in the future) is:  "Music Meister gets 6-figure [book] deal."

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okbdrpN5qj1ubd9qxo1_1280
(SPOILER ALERT) First mention of #MusicMeister on tonight’s ep of The Flash!
DarrenCrissArmy
via gottalivealoha

ha!  Darren's so corny.  :big grin 
Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okf3esuAro1ubd9qxo1_540
Flash Dance… Darren’s bwaycon Snapchat takeover 1/26/17
DarrenCrissArmy

14Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

ha!  Cute pic.  :amused 

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okgupqspk61ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost darrencriss

Hanging out with all my super cool new friends!!! … in the fortress of solitude.  supergirlcw http://ift.tt/2jyPm4n

DarrenCrissArmy

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okgsdrGF3K1ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost darrencriss 

First day on supergirlcw. I’m assuming this is my seat.  http://ift.tt/2kCDRXc
DarrenCrissArmy

From dailydarrrennews:

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okgup9IAZ61uetdyxo1_500

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okgup9IAZ61uetdyxo2_r1_500

links to Darren’s IG posts: 1 + 2

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okgubfX7DM1uetdyxo1_500

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okgubfX7DM1uetdyxo2_500

link to Darren’s IG post

15Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty The Flash/Supergirl crossover Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:29 am

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

-

Cute!Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okhbmblcp91ubd9qxo1_1280
# Repost darrencriss 

Up up and away we go, #supergirl ! supergirlcw  http://ift.tt/2k2lQCQ
DarrenCrissArmy

Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_okhbtzcWSW1ubd9qxo1_1280

via DarrenCrissArmy

I remember that Glee BTS video.   Kevin and Darren were funny and Melissa was adorable.

16Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:47 am

I love that he remembered his social media for this, I hope he keeps it up. At least until he also posts a picture with Grant, please!

Poppy wrote:From DarrenCrissArmy:
Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_oka71lrOgy1ubd9qxo1_1280
DarrenCrissArmy

Ha, I thought this sounded like they might have written some music for the crossover. Darren confirmed it towards the end of this video at BroadwayCon.
And I only just read in the post with the cute Legos that Zach Woodlee is doing choreography?  applause So many of Darren's friends or former co-workers involved in this!

17Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty The Flash/Supergirl musical crossover Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Lin wrote:I love that he remembered his social media for this, I hope he keeps it up. At least until he also posts a picture with Grant, please!

Yes, I appreciate that Darren has been using his social media to post pics on the Supergirl set, and with Melissa.  Also am hoping he post  pic with Grant too, and with Carlos.  :happy face

Lin wrote:Ha, I thought this sounded like they might have written some music for the crossover. Darren confirmed it towards the end of this video at BroadwayCon.

Thanks for that piece of news, and for the link to the video on Playbill's Facebook page, Lin.  How cool!  I wonder which character(s) sing the song that Pasek & Paul wrote for them?   (Please let it be Darren.  Please let it be Darren.  Please let it be Darren. :fingers crossed )

Lin wrote:And I only just read in the post with the cute Legos that Zach Woodlee is doing choreography?  Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 3693794830 So many of Darren's friends or former co-workers involved in this!

How nice that Zach also worked on the choreography.  Zach is so talented!  Love the Glee and U of Michigan connections that Darren has with so many people involved with these 2 episodes!

From dailydarrennews:
Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Tumblr_oki1dbT8cv1uetdyxo1_1280

links to Darren’s IG posts: 1 + 2

18Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:17 pm

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

I think we don't know yet which song he's gonna sing. If it's not an original song, which song do you want him to cover ?

19Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Poppy

Poppy
Administrator
Administrator

Jeremy wrote:I think we don't know yet which song he's gonna sing. If it's not an original song, which song do you want him to cover ?

Hmm.  I haven't really put much thought into it, but interesting question.   The episode, "Mayhem of the Music Meister,"  of the cartoon series, " "Batman:  The Brave and the Bold," had original songs.  So I assumed the Music Meister on the crossover also will have original songs, or songs from that episode of the cartoon series. 

The songs from the animated series were more musical theater, than pop, so sort of assuming they will continue with that, but not really sure.

How would you answer your own question, Jeremy?

20Costumes - Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Empty Re: Darren's TV Projects for 2017 Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:35 am

*Jeremy*

*Jeremy*
Advanced II
Advanced II

Well, I'm not familiar with that Batman character. It's the same for The Flash and, as you know, there are a lot of Supergirl episodes I haven't watched yet. So, I don't know. "Bad" (Michael Jackson) is the first song that comes to my mind but it has already been covered in Glee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum